PDA

View Full Version : Ack!

Mermaid Azira
09-12-2012, 05:14 PM
I suddenly don't care about mermaids anymore. I don't want a fishbutt, I just bleh. Its been about a week since Ive stopped caring and my mermaid loving won't come back.

telzey.amberdon
09-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Too much mering at one time?

AniaR
09-12-2012, 05:23 PM
what's up?

Mermaid Azira
09-12-2012, 06:06 PM
No no. I havent been doing much mering at all.

I don't know whats up. I just woke up one morning and was thinking I don't care about mermaids anymore. I just want to fit in. The fitting in part went away within like an hour though.

Ayla of Duluth
09-12-2012, 06:13 PM
I went through a period of not caring about mermaids anymore. I was just depressed after I was rejected by everyone I was asking to help sponsor me. They all basically said I'm stupid, and my campaign to raise money didn't go anywhere because I didn't have the means or contacts to spread the word.

I took a break from the mermaiding scene for a few weeks and my love came back, although now it was a love for the entertaining and not the mermaids themselves. I don't know if you just need a break, but it might help.ermaoding isn't for everyone I guess. You'll find your niche. :)

oceanstar
09-12-2012, 07:37 PM
[QUOTE=Ayla of Duluth;40296]I went through a period of not caring about mermaids anymore. I was just depressed after I was rejected by everyone I was asking to help sponsor me. They all basically said I'm stupid, and my campaign to raise money didn't go anywhere because I didn't have the means or contacts to spread the word.

ya ,a similar thing happened to me too.i was called stupid and dork for having a tail and all and for asking around if there were others.so far ii know of no one else and all the people who said mean things got their ass kicked by my bffs .

Winged Mermaid
09-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Sometimes you just need to take a break. I know I've gotten burned out a few times and took a break, just popping in on here to make sure the forum wasn't going to implode. I just went and concentrated on other stuff for a while. The mermaid fever always comes back for me though ;) Even Raven has taken a break from her mer-life to just be Raven for a bit, and she's one of the most passionate mermaids I know!

Some people get plunged into this whole mermaid world and think they want it, but the want doesn't last. I've ran into tons of people - in person and on the net- who seemed all about it for a few days or weeks then just didn't have any interest to do anything with it. That's okay too! It's not for everyone. Some people just like seeing pictures and videos of other mers but don't want a tail. It's different for everyone. Just follow your heart. If it leads you back to mermaiding that's great, but if it doesn't or leads you elsewhere, that's fine too :)

Mermaid Azira
09-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Thanks everyone! I guess I will take a break...
I can't stand even looking at my magictail now for some reason, Although its been like that since I figured out about fishbutts.
I keep having moments when mermaids come back to me I guess, but they never last.

WavyMermaidy
09-13-2012, 09:38 AM
I get like that anytime I get really involved with just about anything, from starting jobs to getting really into a project to school. It makes me feel very flighty and indecisive sometimes, but I think it's just a reminder that there is so much in life to experience that we shouldn't necessarily get too into one thing unless that suits our personality or our needs. Some things come and go from your life, but it doesn't mean they weren't worth it or won't continue to be a part of you :)