PDA

View Full Version : are there any mermaids in the singapore area?

oceanstar
09-12-2012, 05:33 PM
i am really curious to know if there is any person in to mermaids and tails in the singapore area like me cause so faar i know of none

Sherl
10-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Hi oceanstar, I live in Singapore and am a mermaid fanatic as well. I discovered this forum through a google search for monofins... Hope you will reply soon! (:

oceanstar
11-03-2012, 08:38 AM
sorry ,sorry.I was so busy that i couldnt reply to you sooner.Just notice ur message now but hurray!!! I feel like celebrating ;) I love ur profile pic by the way.

Sherl
11-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Aww thanks! Send me a private message when you can (: I feel like celebrating too!! :D

Echidna
05-14-2013, 12:42 PM
I'm not in Singapore currently, but since I hope to go back to Asia one day, I'm thrilled to hear there are mermaid fans there as well! :)

I haven't been able to find tailmakers based in Asia yet- not even sure what they would be called
(鱼鳍衣, 鱼尾装...作者 ??)
There were some mermaids in commercials which I liked very much.
They looked like having vertical flukes though (!), all in all I'm not sure whether they wore real tails or were photoshopped

Scilla Mermaid
05-31-2013, 01:41 AM
Yosh! I am from Singapore too just started out...

johnwenjie
06-07-2013, 07:28 PM
Sorry to say, but those pictures were photoshopped.

It's surprising and rare to hear from mermaids and mermaid fans here in Singapore.
There was a post on Stomp website about a mermaid swimming in a local pool, sadly it was taken down quickly.

Good Luck to all mermaids-to-be here in Merlion city. :D

Echidna
06-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Sorry to say, but those pictures were photoshopped.

It's surprising and rare to hear from mermaids and mermaid fans here in Singapore.

that's disappointing!
I had the impression anyway, that all the recent influx of "asian" mermaids (Mermaid got married movie for example)
are just "imports" from Europe.
If you consider how different traditional asian water faeries/naga/ etc are depicted...

But that also means you could create something entirely fresh and new over there, without having to meet already existing expectations! :)

My personal dream would be some underwater resort, with lots of people acting as water spirits, mermaids, seaserpents, etc for the audience!
If that existed, I totally couldn't come up with any excuses to stay a second longer in Europe lol.

Mermaid Syrena
07-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Hi there! I'm Cara-- mermaid name Syrena-- and I'm an active mermaid in Singapore. :) As of now I'm still finetuning my technique in fabric tails, but by next January, I'll have a full fledged silicone tail. Great to meet you guys.

Scilla Mermaid
07-07-2013, 10:07 PM
woah great!! hope we can meet up and swim together :) i am still waiting for my fabric tail arrive :P

Mermaid Syrena
07-09-2013, 05:12 AM
Hello, lovely mer-lovers and mer-people! My FB Page is up and running. Please go to, Like, and Share www.facebook.com/syrenaswims
Stay tuned for more mermaidy adventures. x

Spindrift
07-09-2013, 07:36 AM
Hey everyone! I'm in Singapore now, until the 24th of July or so. Then back to New York.

Scilla Mermaid
07-11-2013, 01:29 AM
woah great i just got my fabric tail :) cant wait to swim in it

Echidna
07-11-2013, 03:30 AM
Where will you swim, the ocean?
(I imagine pools are quite busy in 新加坡 :) )

Scilla Mermaid
07-11-2013, 03:41 AM
nope in a condo :)

Spindrift
07-11-2013, 06:36 AM
Yeah you don't really want to swim in the ocean here.

Sherl
07-12-2013, 11:37 PM
Hi there! I'm Cara-- mermaid name Syrena-- and I'm an active mermaid in Singapore. :) As of now I'm still finetuning my technique in fabric tails, but by next January, I'll have a full fledged silicone tail. Great to meet you guys.

Hi Cara! Just checked out your Facebook page and it's amazing. I haven't been active here for a really long time, LOL (just popped in for a while). I'd love to know how your mermaiding journey came to be in our country!

Sherl
07-12-2013, 11:39 PM
Yeah you don't really want to swim in the ocean here.

Hey Spindrift. Yeah, that's what oceanstar told me on Facebook. :(

~Minami~
11-23-2014, 08:34 AM
*blows bubbles* Hello~ New mermaid from Singapore here! Just swam in my tail today and gosh, I never wanted to come back ashore again (but the chlorine made my skin itch and I had to leave).

Mermaid Jaffa
11-23-2014, 09:03 AM
HI! Welcome to all new Sing Mermaids!

I'm from Singapore too, but I now live in Australia. I go back occasionally every couple of years to visit family. Hopefully be back soon for another of my cousin's wedding. Date not set yet.

The only safe beach I know of, is Siloso Beach. Anyone ever swam there?

~Minami~
11-24-2014, 12:03 AM
Hi Jaffa, I'm the complete opposite of ya! Just returned back to SG from Australia!

Mermaid Jaffa
11-24-2014, 02:05 AM
Hi Jaffa, I'm the complete opposite of ya! Just returned back to SG from Australia!
Nice! Where in Australia did you visit?

~Minami~
11-24-2014, 07:23 AM
Lived in Melbourne :)

Mermaid Jaffa
11-24-2014, 08:04 AM
Nice! I've family on the east side of the island, if you're still interested by the time I get back to Singapore, want to go for a swim?

I don't know where to swim or which pools accept monofins or tails.

~Minami~
11-25-2014, 07:14 AM
A Singapore pod meet would be great, would love to meet other mers too!

Mermaid Jaffa
11-25-2014, 08:02 AM
That would be fun too.

I'm going back sometime this year for a cousin's wedding. Would love a swim meet...

I've asked Safra Toa Payoh about bringing a tail in, they've said no. So where you mers go for a swim??

johnwenjie
01-09-2015, 12:11 AM
Hi Jaffa,

Alot of the public pools in Singapore do not allow to bring any kind of equipment, even just a monofin or scuba gear.

Only hotels and private housing pools left but nobody is sharing it. Thus, there isn't a good spot for any Singapore mer, so hardly any growth here.

The pond is all dried as they would say.

Mermaid Jaffa
01-09-2015, 01:40 AM
How bout beaches? Not safe? Dirty?

Echidna
01-09-2015, 03:31 AM
Too polluted from all the ship traffic, I hear.

Mermaid Jaffa
01-09-2015, 06:38 AM
I haven't been back in years. Last time I had a look at the surrounding sea, it was full of crap!

johnwenjie
01-09-2015, 08:56 PM
Singapore waters is quite dirty, even on the cleanest beach which is sentosa beach, the water is green.

Mermaid Jaffa
01-09-2015, 09:30 PM
Guess I won't be bringing my tail home then...

amarie
11-28-2016, 11:28 AM
Hi Mermaids!

I just signed up and looking for fellow mermaids nearby. I'm from the Philippines and you guys are the closest that I found.

We have a Mermaid School here but it's a plane ride away from me and for now I'm a YouTube thought mermaid.

I hope you guys are doing great and I hope to meet you guys someday.

If you're looking to swim and some nice underwater view we have more than a thousand island to choose from.

Feel free to give me a holler if any of you guys comes by =)

LotsaMermaidLove!!! :$