PDA

View Full Version : Hannah Fraser's new video

AniaR
09-12-2012, 10:36 PM
http://www.talenthouse.com/creativeinvites/preview/a4094b2dfa0c29b3714499f0fb419bbc/663

It's beyond words. It's not mermaid but is underwater- the concept blows my mind. Perfect for the music. Vote for it using twitter or FB!

ShyMer
09-12-2012, 10:56 PM
That soup...

I really loved the transition from sitting at the table to suddenly being underwater

Blondie
09-12-2012, 11:22 PM
This is breath taking. As one who is involved in media arts. This restores my hope for cinematography.

Mermaid Lorelei
09-12-2012, 11:33 PM
So amazingly intense.

LittleTreasure
09-12-2012, 11:45 PM
That was strange and breathtaking... I love it! The part where she is submerged is so powerful.

happyguava
09-13-2012, 12:46 AM
Breathtaking. Just beautiful.

Morticia Mermaid
09-13-2012, 01:02 AM
Omgosh. The emotions behind that are so intense. Made me cry :$ It's a beautiful song

NerineArcticMermaid
09-13-2012, 01:40 AM
K..so...i'm not sure i'm getting the story line...never was good with imagery...someone spell it out for me...

I'm feeling rather dumb....

Video was beautiful :)

Ayla of Duluth
09-13-2012, 02:20 AM
But did she died? :O

roamingmer
09-13-2012, 02:30 AM
Is the woman real? Is she absorbed / melted by the soup? What are her intense memories as she looses herself in the water?
Who is the chef? her partner? her captor? What is their relationship?
Is he remembering someone he lost? Renacting their last meal together?
His memory of her running in the forests and buildings, lost in deep water.

Images like this dont need to have a storyline - they are just elements of beauty floating through our world. Short, powerful and emotional. Like acts from Cirque du Soliel.

AniaR
09-13-2012, 08:04 AM
It looks to me like she's a being of the sea, maybe a selkie, a naiad, a water spirit- who knows. The man brought her to live with him but she doesn't adapt well and he chooses to ignore it. That's why when the water starts coming through her he's almost annoyed and simply blots it away with the towel. If you read Lost Voices when the girls first become mermaids they turn totally to water. So I think everything is simply building to her becoming water again- she slips through his fingers even though he brought her there. Wooosh. She's gone, leaving behind only droplets, her untouched food, and her memory. I think all the turning and spinning underwater is her struggle between her water side and her humanity (or perhaps lack their of).

My idea at least. I love that anyone can draw different conclusions from it!

Sea Pearl
09-13-2012, 11:58 AM
That's what I thought it was about too. I watched the video last night and found it amazing. A very deep and intense piece of work!