PDA

View Full Version : FREE BEER!

RogueX23
09-14-2012, 03:39 AM
Sorry for the ruse....but now that I have your attention...

Howdy y'all! I'm Rogue! I've been lurking about here for a bit learning all the mermaidy things I could learn. So far, I like what I see!

So....a bit about me. I'm originally from Michigan. I've lived in Canada, Chicago, Florida and Los Angeles. I moved down to San Diego a year ago to start a business with a couple friends. I now manage a comic book store and a game store here and I am loving it! I'm a total geek and it's right up my alley...I get to read comics, nerd-off and I get paid to debate why Han shot first and how Spiderman's powers would work in real life. Basically, the job I was born to do.

I love my customers and I love to make that connection with them. My heart bursts when someone likes something I've recommended or when they tell me that they've never liked comics until they talked to me or my staff. Then I turn into a pile of geek-goo and I've made a new friend. That's how geeks roll....a d20. (bad joke is baaaaad.)

I currently share an apartment with a sweet, ridiculous little rescue Chihuahua named Sam and a hairless cat named Winry, also a rescue. They keep me entertained and make my life so wonderful because they're in it.

I love going to the beach, reading comics (X-Men is my favourite, of course), anything from the 80's, playing games, listening to classic rock, working on my classic car restoration project, hanging with my nerd-herd and eating spaghetti-os out of the can whilst watching "Supernatural" in my underwear (don't judge me.... ;)

I have always been obsessed w/ mermaids, faeries, ghosts and supernatural creatures. I love to draw them and create them. I used to work in Hollywood making movies as a costume designer/makeup artist/spfx artist. My current goal, outside of running the stores, is to be on SyFy channel's Face Off. I have plans for a terrifying mermaid design that I'm hoping to add to my portfolio. My dream is to make a 80's musical zombie flick. Anyone on here in the industry?

Other than that....ask away! I'm a really open person and I love to talk and meet new people. I'm hoping to find some fun folk here to chat and connect with and share in some fun mermaidy things. I literally got my first tail today from Fish Butts and I think I'm in love. I am dying to try it out ASAP.

Hope to get to know the lot of you and have some fun. :)

~Rogue

AniaR
09-14-2012, 12:01 PM
welcome to the group :) for the record most of us always read the intro posts ;) also, x-men are awesome

Mermaid Saphira
09-14-2012, 02:54 PM
lol! Love ur little joke there! Great attention grabber ;) welcome!

Ayla of Duluth
09-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Beer tastes like soap.

RogueX23
09-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Thank you, Raina! X-Men are indeed awesome...and getting better all the time! You a current reader? :)

Jadestone
09-14-2012, 03:31 PM
I see what you did with your name, there ;)

And yay! Comics and games! I love comics (though getting into them was fairly recent, we just didn't have any/any stores with them nearby when I was growing up) and play Magic the Gathering... a lot... and D&D to a lesser extent. Also a Supernatural fan here... XD

You should post a picture of your tail :) I've loved the Fish Butts tails I've seen so far.

RogueX23
09-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Thank you, Saphira! I can never come up w/ a good header....so I went with it. ;)

RogueX23
09-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Ayla - wrong kinda suds then.... haha... ;)

RogueX23
09-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Jadestone - hahaha, I know, right? Weirdly enough....I've actually used this username since before X-23 was even introduced. The X was for X-Men (makes sense) and the 23 is my birthday. Now I get a cool username that's even more relevant. That's why I make mine Marvel. ;)

Comics, Games, M:TG AND Supernatural? We should be best friends....

Now I gotta ask the geeky questions 'cause I'm a curious kitty....what comics are ya reading? What colours do you play? Are you as pumped for Return to Ravnica as I am? Are you planning to make TurDucken Slammers for the SPN premiere too?

I know! I really need to...I'm heading to Stan Lee's ComicKaze con this weekend to promote and get things signed. Store stuff. But I'm hoping to get a swim in after that!

Jadestone
09-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Comics-wise, I'm kind of reading a mized bag of things... I don't have money to buy many so usually just read what my friends have. One friend recently gave me an assortment of all sorts of things (some DC, a couple Marvel, quite a few Kick-Ass, and some Ray Bradbury comics), I have all of (old) Batman on my computer that I'm slowly working my way through (though apart from Batman, I'm a lot more of a Marvel fan), and I used to have a place to read the x-men comics online but it got taken down before I got too far :( I could probably find another one (I can't torrent while at college) but I don't have a ton of free time for it, heh. And while more graphic-novel-y than comics, I looove the Sandman series by Neil Gaiman. I'd also like to read The Dark Tower comics, mostly because I read the book series and enjoyed it and am interested in how it works in comic form :)

Magic! Right now I'm pretty into Commander/EDH. I run a Kaalia deck (pretty good), a Scion (just built/not finished testing or tweaking), and have a Lorthos one that's all sea monsters, just because I had a lot of them and thought it was funny. It's a terrible deck, way too slow, but can be fun in big multiplayer/chill games. I want to build a mono black (randomly drew a Liliana of the dark realms and I feel like I need something to put her in if I don't sell her...) and a Damia EDH. And YES I am excited for Ravnica!! Going to a draft day it comes out. I've done a couple midnight pre-releases, but money x_x And since my other female magic-playing friend will be in town the weekend of the release I'd rather go then, heh.

I also spent all of winter term (the month of January has its own semi-optional mini-term between first and second semester) painting magic cards :) I did maybe 30 or so, I was a lot better by the end and it was a lot of fun. I wish I had more time for it now!

Also, sooo envious of going to cons! It is my dream to go to one. I would looove some signed cards and such :) My aforementioned friend went to one this summer and got me a signed Solemn Simulacrum altered to look like Batman ^^

Ashe
09-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Me: Free Beer? What is this person talking about, oh crud, is this one of those people who tries to advertise on random websites? Well, they aren't gonna get away with this!... *click* OHHHHHH! LOL!!!
Good job and welcome to the community!:D

Lyna
09-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Welcome Rogue! I like your style....:)

spottedcatfish
09-17-2012, 02:13 AM
Welcome Rogue! How are you enjoying San Diego so far?

RogueX23
09-19-2012, 02:25 AM
Jadestone - there are some amazing comics out right now...I've actually been enjoying the hell outta the new DC 52, but at heart, I'm a Marvel Girl always.

I'm so excited for Ravnica....though sadly, I will be missing my shop's pre-release because I have to go to my brother's wedding. But....I guess it's a good reason....lol. But I'll be there for release so it'll be all good. :)

I go to cons all the time and all over the place. Thankfully, I go as a professional or a retailer otherwise I'd go broke! But they are soooo much fun! Whereabouts are you? If there's a con in the area, I'll probably know about it... ;)

RogueX23
09-19-2012, 02:26 AM
Kalani - haha, yeah....what can I say, I'm a geek...that's how I roll. Thank you for the welcome! :-D

RogueX23
09-19-2012, 02:28 AM
Hiya Lyna! Well thank you very much! Is is the geeky shit or the beer? Lol...

I think I've seen your picture on the fishbutts website and I love your tattoos, they are amazing. :)

RogueX23
09-19-2012, 02:30 AM
SpottedCatfish - I am enjoying the hell out of it....I'm up in Normal Heights and the neighbourhood is so.....ironically named it's amazing. But the people are chill, I like the atmosphere and I've met some great folks down here. I could stand for it to not be so balls hot, but it's the small price to pay to wear flip flops year round I suppose...lol. You a local too?