PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

FireHair
09-14-2012, 04:25 AM
So, this is the third time I am trying to write this introduction as my computer keeps logging me out!

hi! I'm Firehair, I am new here, and I would like some help choosing a tail please!

long story short I love mermaids, my inner child still wants to be one, and I might be posing in a fantasy calendar next year as a mermaid. I am an open minded, bighearted person who loves to chat with new people. My sign is Scorpio/Libra, depending on who you talk to. I love animals of every kind, even the ones people think are icky, like snakes.

If I post a picture of me, can someone give me some ideas about colours for my tail? As my name suggests I am a ginger and we have a hard time finding the right colours for clothing and makeup (or is that just me?)

Anyway, glad to be here, and hope to meet some new people :)

Alveric
09-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Any of a number of shades of green seem to go well with red hair.

Welcome.

FireHair
09-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks Alveric :)

Morticia Mermaid
09-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Welcome to the network. Alveric is right, Any shade of green would go well with your hair colour. And depending on the saturation (dark, light, vibrant, etc.) of your hair colour, the right shade of green shouldn't be too hard to pick out :)

Mer_Adella
09-14-2012, 02:18 PM
I think that you should try a green tail or even like an orange one that would make your hair really "pop". plus then you would be fire hair! lol red and orange. maybe a tail that starts red then fades to orange and ends with yellow on the fluke that would make it yours and it would look really cool and good!

FireHair
09-14-2012, 02:23 PM
All these ideas sound fantastic! I love green, but red and orange would be lovely too :D

Morticia Mermaid
09-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Oh. depending on your skin tone, you could try a gold/copper tail

Alveric
09-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Alternating bands of green and copper?

Mermaid Annariea
09-14-2012, 04:07 PM
welcome!

also, as everyone else has said, green goes great with red hair. gold, yellows, reds, and oranges would be great too.

FireHair
09-14-2012, 05:05 PM
If I can figure out how to post a picture from my iPad then I'll show you my skin tone haha. I love the idea of gold too. Copper is beautiful <3 so many choices haha

Mermaid Lorelei
09-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Nice to meet you. :>

FireHair
09-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Nice to meet you too Lorelei :3 I love your avatar picture btw

Mermaid Lorelei
09-14-2012, 05:48 PM
Oh, why thank you. :3

Ayla of Duluth
09-14-2012, 06:28 PM
How about a Celtic theme? Metallic green red blue or white, trimmed with gold. :)

FireHair
09-14-2012, 06:30 PM
One question merfolk, which (brand of?) tail is the most durable and the wisest choice money wise? I've seen a lot of people favouring Fishbutts and Merbellas, and looked at both, but which one out of the two works best?

FireHair
09-14-2012, 06:32 PM
And I love the idea of Celtic themes! I'll draw some ideas of the tails you kind people have given me :) if you like any of my designs you're free to use them :) it'll be a week or so before I get all of them finished xD

Sea Pearl
09-15-2012, 01:17 AM
Welcome FireHair! I would also agree with having your tail a shade of green and mixed with gold or something maybe. Hope you find a tail colour that you like.

mermaid Ilythia Finlay
10-31-2012, 09:33 PM
Hi I am Ilythia Finlay I just did a big write up in Interests but it cut me off after all that ahhhh so I did a little write up about me in my Visitors section, my interests, fave movies Resident Evil and Gone with the wind, games offline Final fantasy, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, the walking dead / Online - Counterstrike, call of duty, modern warfare. Fave Tv shows, Greys Anatomy, Star Trek, The Vampire Diaries, The walking Dead, Game of Thrones, SMASH, Pretty little liars, American Horror story my interests are fairly eclectic really (in other words quite varied) and books I like Angel books particularly Doreen Virtue and some Esther Hicks, Astrology, Astronomy, mythology my star sign is LEO Hugs xx Ilythia Finlay ps And of coarse I love mermaids, Angels, fairies, dragons and all such things
ps I find it a little hard to find my way around the forums :)

Sherl
10-31-2012, 10:09 PM
Hi FireHair! Welcome aboard :) It's great that you've got so many suggestions for your tail! I think ginger's an awesome hair colour and hope to see pics of you in the new tails thread soon.

Hi I am Ilythia Finlay I just did a big write up in Interests but it cut me off after all that ahhhh so I did a little write up about me in my Visitors section, my interests, fave movies Resident Evil and Gone with the wind, games offline Final fantasy, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, the walking dead / Online - Counterstrike, call of duty, modern warfare. Fave Tv shows, Greys Anatomy, Star Trek, The Vampire Diaries, The walking Dead, Game of Thrones, SMASH, Pretty little liars, American Horror story my interests are fairly eclectic really (in other words quite varied) and books I like Angel books particularly Doreen Virtue and some Esther Hicks, Astrology, Astronomy, mythology my star sign is LEO Hugs xx Ilythia Finlay ps And of coarse I love mermaids, Angels, fairies, dragons and all such things
ps I find it a little hard to find my way around the forums :)

Welcome, Ilythia! You can start a new thread for your self-intro. Just click the Post/Create New Thread icon. By the way I like books about mythology too ;D