PDA

View Full Version : Help me be witty!

halesloveswhales
09-15-2012, 07:45 PM
So, I have kind of avoided telling a lot of people about my mer-life, BUT I just had my first swim in my new tail today, and I REALLY want to post pictures on Facebook (I'll also post pictures here soon, don't worry ;). I plan on posting the pictures in a couple days, but in the meantime, I need to break the news to my human friends on Facebook so that they're not totally overwhelmed when they see a bajillion pictures of me in a tail.

So YOUR challenge is:

1. Help me think of a witty Facebook status that I can post about being a mermaid.

2. Tell me if my mer-name should be Hales or Vella.
-Hales rhymes with tails, scales, whales, and sails. So it's pretty great for mermaiding, and it's also my real name.
-Vella (Or Vehla?) is kind of an americanized spelling of "Welle," which means "wave" in German. It also kind of sounds like "Bella," which I like. :)

Love,
Hales/Vella

Mermaid Saphira
09-15-2012, 10:32 PM

Name: Vella :)

Spindrift
09-15-2012, 11:27 PM
"Whoa. Check it out guys. I made a wish at 11:11 last night and now I'm a mermaid."

"So I have something important to say. I've been lying this whole time about who I am. I'm actually a mermaid".

"Who swims with the fishes under the sea? Mermaid Hales who loves whales!"

... Wow I'm lame.

theoceanblue
09-16-2012, 12:50 PM
My friend was SO concerned that posting the pictures of her in a tail would ruin her life. She actually called me before she posted them and said, "Ok, I'm going to post the mermaid pictures. It will either be fine, or ruin my life." I told her not to be so worried. She posted them and her friends think it's really cool!

"Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

halesloveswhales
09-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Haha Spindrift I love your first two! I wish I had read them in time!
I ended up just posting "I am a mermaid. Just letting you know." Pretty boring, but it's all good :)
Also, I just posted a picture, and the response was just a lot of surprise and amazement. Haha. I plan on weaning them onto my new persona. I'll post more pictures on FB and on here after the underwater ones get developed.
But yeah. It's time they all found out. And I am happy :)
And theoceanblue, I like the quote in your signature!