PDA

View Full Version : Aloha everyone

mermaidprecious
09-16-2012, 04:08 AM
Aloha!

My name is Precious, and I'm just getting into mermaiding. I've been fascinated by mermaids for years, and have always wanted to try mermaiding. I figured, I'm born and raised in Hawaii, and live right across the street from the beach, so theres no reason why I shouldn't go for it. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Precious

AniaR
09-16-2012, 10:50 AM
welcome to the forum I hope you enjoy it here! <3

Sea Pearl
09-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Welcome to MerNetwork Precious! Hope you enjoy your time here.

Mermaid Lorelei
09-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Hello and welcome.

Ashe
09-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Hello Precious! Thanks for joining us! and you live in Hawaii?!?!?! LUCKYYYYYYYY! lol :jawdrop:

Atlantis
09-16-2012, 04:33 PM
welcome! what island are you on? i will be swimming though Kona in the last week of October

mermaidprecious
09-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

mermaidprecious
09-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Hello Precious! Thanks for joining us! and you live in Hawaii?!?!?! LUCKYYYYYYYY! lol :jawdrop:

I like your name, especially since it's Hawaiian and I'm part Native Hawaiian, how did you come about the name?

mermaidprecious
09-16-2012, 06:54 PM
welcome! what island are you on? i will be swimming though Kona in the last week of October

That sounds awesome. I live on the windward side of O'ahu. Shucks, too bad we weren't on the same island, but I'm sure you will have a lot of fun.

Ashe
09-16-2012, 06:58 PM
I like your name, especially since it's Hawaiian and I'm part Native Hawaiian, how did you come about the name?
Aw, thanks! I didnt even know it's origins! Well, My friend and i were on a camping trip together and i found out that she was a mermaid, and she found out i was a mermaid! (lol!), so, we started going through mermaid names. I was looking for a name for her and i came up with the last part being 'alani'. I started putting random letters in front of it until i came across Kalani. She said it would fit me better so i took it! My friend's name is now Isis. She finally got an account last week!

mermaidprecious
09-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Aw, thanks! I didnt even know it's origins! Well, My friend and i were on a camping trip together and i found out that she was a mermaid, and she found out i was a mermaid! (lol!), so, we started going through mermaid names. I was looking for a name for her and i came up with the last part being 'alani'. I started putting random letters in front of it until i came across Kalani. She said it would fit me better so i took it! My friend's name is now Isis. She finally got an account last week!

Oh awesome how that worked out. Kalani actually means "the heavens" or "the heavenly one" in Hawaiian. Ka meaning the (singular) and lani meaning heaven or heavenly.

Ashe
09-16-2012, 08:26 PM
Wow! thanks for sharing that with me!