PDA

View Full Version : Shark saves a fisherman

Morticia Mermaid
09-17-2012, 02:37 PM
I was on my way to check my yahoo email and on the yahoo main page in the news feed the very first story is this story. It's pretty amazing. Sharks are not the "evil" creatures that they have been made out to be
Shark Saves Fisherman lost at sea (http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/34869/fisherman+adrift+for+106+days+in+pacific+says+shar k+led+him+to+rescuers/)

Mermaid Annariea
09-17-2012, 02:43 PM
i saw this!! that is seriously so cool :D

Mermaid Annariea
09-17-2012, 02:43 PM
besides, everyone knows that the ocean gets its saltiness from the tears of misunderstood sharks who only want to cuddle.
lol.

LittleTreasure
09-17-2012, 02:55 PM
besides, everyone knows that the ocean gets its saltiness from the tears of misunderstood sharks who only want to cuddle.
lol.
Haha, that is awesome Mermaid Brianna. This is such an awesome story, thanks for sharing Mermaid Lexia!

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
09-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Grrr... he is saved, his brother in law died, and the first thing he asked for is a cigarette? What an imbecile.

On the other hand, I like the idea of sharks saving people. Hawai'ian legend holds the Kamohoali'i, the shark god, guides lost fishermen to safety, and it's always cool to see that the legends can be true.

Ashe
09-17-2012, 07:19 PM
I love sharks and would love to swim with the non-agressive type! They are so misunderstood, but my mission as a mermaid is to bring awareness to the sharks' safety and that they are pretty awesome animals!

AniaR
09-17-2012, 11:11 PM
does anyone wonder about how reliable this guys story is? He said his friend died and he buried him at sea, who's to say he didn't murder him? Like that right there set off an alarm for me lol

Merman Dan
09-18-2012, 08:17 AM
He said his friend died and he buried him at sea, who's to say he didn't murder him?

"Hey, Mr. Shark. If you help me find my way, you can eat my friend here. Deal?"

Mermaid Annariea
09-18-2012, 07:39 PM
hahaha, aeolius. but raina might be right, i didnt even think about that when i read it the first time.

Mermaid Caidence
09-27-2012, 06:04 PM
No offense to him or anything, but how do we even know that's what the shark was doing.

It was on the afternoon of Sept. 11 that he awoke to the sound of scratching against his boat. A six-foot shark was circling the boat and, Teitoi said, bumping against its hull.

"He was guiding me to a fishing boat," Teitoi said. "I looked up and there was the stern of a ship and I could see crew with binoculars looking at me."

I mean, if he awoke to the ship, maybe the ship was just there and the shark wasn't actually doing anything.

halesloveswhales
09-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Guys, we're mermaids (and mermen)! Just believe in the magic of the story. :)

MermanJesse
09-29-2012, 02:24 AM
It may have bumped the boat into the path of the fishing boat, but the shark wasn't guiding him to safety knowingly.

The shark was most likely testing the boat to see if it were something to eat.

Mermaid Bella
09-29-2012, 04:32 AM
does anyone wonder about how reliable this guys story is? He said his friend died and he buried him at sea, who's to say he didn't murder him? Like that right there set off an alarm for me lol

anyone ever see red dwarf?

History, Lister, is written by the winners. How do we know that Oates went out for this legendary walk? From the only surviving document: Scott's diary. And he's hardly likely to have written down, "February the First, bludgeoned Oates to death while he slept, then scoffed him along with the last packet of instant mash." How's that going to look when he gets rescued, eh? No, much better to say, "Oates made the supreme sacrifice," while you're dabbing up his gravy with the last piece of crusty bread.

Nykur
09-29-2012, 07:14 AM
Merman Jesse's right, its a fact that a lot of shark bites are merely sharks taking a little "nibble' to see if your eatable, then they smell blood and that's when they get aggressive...

Mermaid Bella
10-02-2012, 12:46 AM
well we just have to learn not to bleed! sound good? yep... thought so :D