PDA

View Full Version : A Bald Mermaid?

MermaidAiera
09-17-2012, 10:29 PM
I am going to be donating my hair to Beautiful lengths and then shaving my head bald for St.Baldrick's to raise money for children with cancer. What do ya'll think of a bald mer? ;)

Mermaid Lorelei
09-17-2012, 10:45 PM
Man, you could do some seriously awesome stuff bald! Just imagine the mermaid makeups!

Mermaid Sirena
09-17-2012, 11:40 PM
Personally I've always wanted to shave my head but my hair grows so slow I've never had the courage to get ride of it. There is so much you can do with a bald head the rest of us would have to wear a bald cap & so much makeup to achieve.

Blondie
09-17-2012, 11:57 PM
In "reality" isn't it a theory that mermaids are actually bald? Since hair would just create drag?

Anyways xD I think that's awesome of you to do that! I remember the bald pictures from America's Next Top Model. I thought they were stunning! Just goes to show you hair isn't everything.

http://cdn04.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2006/03/antm-bald-heads.jpg

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/10900000/America-s-Next-Top-Model-Cycle-14-Nude-Photoshoot-americas-next-top-model-10945996-450-600.jpg

Ashe
09-18-2012, 12:23 AM
I am fine with both options, but i voted for the second because i was thinking as in terms of the childrens' reactions. They may think it is a bit odd too see a bald mermaid and be a touch confused. But i love the idea that you will be donating it! Very generous and i think that in time you would also look great with a pixie cut! <3 I think you would look great with headdresses while mermaiding!

Patches
09-18-2012, 12:53 AM
I don't see why not. When my mom had chemo the first time I mistook her for my stepdad when she spooked me a couple times during the middle of the night getting a midnight snack and whatnot. And then I got the hang of seeing her with a bald head the second time around. Her only problem was that she got cold all the time but she gets cold when its below 70 degrees so that might be just her issue lol

SilverSiren
09-18-2012, 01:46 AM
I knew a exotic dancer that was bald. She was very beautiful, couldn't imagine her with hair, and she made excellent money, men thought it was beautiful too. (just killing the men only like long hair myth). Also, check these mer's out..http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/empires_of_the_deep_16-535x449.jpg You could pull that look off now with a prosthetic, no need for a bald cap! That's a pic from the upcoming China film 'Empires of the Deep'. Don't know if and when it will come out for the US.

ShyMer
09-18-2012, 08:45 AM
Dude my first thought was prosthetic fins and such for the head- that would be so cool!

YusufYoda
09-18-2012, 09:47 AM
I love this idea! I think it would lend a very exotic look and such an interesting twist to the mainstream ideals of female beauty. And ofcourse, to be making such a thoughtful contribution is very commendable :)

SilverSiren
09-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Sorry to change the subject but WOW! YusufYoda, you could be my housemates TWIN! I kid you not!

AniaR
09-18-2012, 11:14 AM
wooowhoo break the mold!

YusufYoda
09-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Haha thanks I think? Let him know he has a mer dopelganger :) love!

SilverSiren
09-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Haha thanks I think? Let him know he has a mer dopelganger :) love!

Well, it's definitely not a bad thing, he's a handsome man. You have a British game designer doppelganger! lol. :)

Mermaid Annariea
09-18-2012, 04:17 PM
go for it!! like everyone else is saying, you could do awesome stuff with prosthetics or makeup. it might end up looking really cool.

Ayla of Duluth
09-18-2012, 07:39 PM
I am fine with both options, but i voted for the second because i was thinking as in terms of the childrens' reactions. They may think it is a bit odd too see a bald mermaid and be a touch confused. But i love the idea that you will be donating it! Very generous and i think that in time you would also look great with a pixie cut! <3 I think you would look great with headdresses while mermaiding!
I voted for the second one too because children don't understand as well about complex topics like this. They expect to see a mermaid with long hair, and if they don't, it catches them off guard. Some kids may even be frightened because they don't understand it.

spottedcatfish
09-18-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm all for it. Let us know if it minimizes drag when swimming. Come to think of it, most swimmers wear swim caps, to reduce drag. Being a Bald mermaid might be a plus. But if you don't want to cut all of your hair off, a pixie cut is the way to go.

Mermaid Annariea
09-18-2012, 09:31 PM
I voted for the second one too because children don't understand as well about complex topics like this. They expect to see a mermaid with long hair, and if they don't, it catches them off guard. Some kids may even be frightened because they don't understand it.

that is very true. i hadnt really thought of that before, but i guess if i was little it would surprise me.

telzey.amberdon
09-18-2012, 09:34 PM
I look in the mirror and bald pretty much describes it. But how many fish have hair?