PDA

View Full Version : Mers With Braces (and other stuff like that)

Ashe
09-18-2012, 01:41 AM
Hi Everymer, so i'm going to order my FishButt around in wintertime, where less people buy their tails. There is also a 50% chance i will be getting braces around then. With my new tail, im going to work up the courage to go to public pools and such, and surprise the little ones :)
I feel as if they are gonna ask me why i have braces, or at least what is on my teeth. I cant come up with anything creative to reply to them, can u guys? I'm wanting something that would go along with the storyline of me being a real mermaid from the ocean. Im sure this thread will also help other mers with braces, retainers, and other items like that, cause i havent seen one like this yet. Please post! <3 Kalani

Alveric
09-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Mers like straight, healthy teeth too.

You could have had the work done while on a land visit. If your dentist is cool with it, have a picture taken in the dentist-chair in tail.

AniaR
09-18-2012, 11:15 AM
I seem to recall another thread along these lines but I couldn't find it. Don't fear! By the time I am 30 or so I'll finally have enough money and I'll be a 30 year old mermaid with braces hahaha. It's still quite a few years away... but that's basically what will happen.

Ashe
09-22-2012, 09:03 PM
You could have had the work done while on a land visit. If your dentist is cool with it, have a picture taken in the dentist-chair in tail.
Haha! that would be so awesome!

SilverSiren
09-23-2012, 04:05 AM
Mers like straight, healthy teeth too.

That would not only be really cool but extremely funny! I would deffinatly ask him if it would be ok, I'm sure there would be nothing wrong with it, a tail is just like any other clothing... only, you know... a bit more out of the ordinary. lol

SilverSiren
09-23-2012, 04:09 AM
Oh, and I knew a exotic dancer with braces, she actually made more money WITH them cause people thought it was cute. When it came time to have them removed, she didn't want to do it! So, I think, a mer with braces could be similar to that cause its different and you'll have a cool story to tell, ie. I came on land cause mer's care about their teeth *show picture of you in dental chair*.

telzey.amberdon
09-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Tell everyone that you bit into a lobster wrong and had to have your teeth fixed.

Ashe
02-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Update! I got my spacers in today (they help prep teeth for braces) and on the 18th I'm getting my braces! :D So excited for straight teeth!

AptaMer
02-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Maybe this is corny, but if your braces use those little elastics, you can buy coloured ones on the internet in every colour. You could get ones that match your tail?

Ashe
02-18-2013, 01:00 PM
Yay! I'm officially a mer with braces :D I got blue to match my new tail I'm gonna make ;)

MermaidIsis
02-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Oh my goodness you have braces!!!! Post a pic!!!!!

babsannee
02-18-2013, 03:07 PM
I feel your pain though, I'm on my fourth set of braces, and I had major jaw surgery last summer. I'm hoping to get mine off this spring!

Ashe
02-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Aw, I'm sorry :( But mine are pain-free actually! I barely felt anything getting them on, and I only need them for sixth months, so that'll be right in mid-summer. Guess I'm kinda lucky? Thanks for the sympathy though :) I hope to use some of your guys' suggestions :D

babsannee
02-20-2013, 06:51 AM
Lucky! You'll do great!

Ilonka
02-20-2013, 03:00 PM
I have braces, you can kinda see them in this pic,and I'm a freelance model. Never slowed me down, I'm getting them off next month too, so exited!

Lots of people get them , so don't worry too much about it!

Mermaid Hamant
03-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Aw, I'm sorry :( But mine are pain-free actually! I barely felt anything getting them on, and I only need them for sixth months, so that'll be right in mid-summer. Guess I'm kinda lucky? Thanks for the sympathy though :) I hope to use some of your guys' suggestions :D
Lucky? You don't even know how lucky. I had mine on for ten years!! O.o Six months is a breeze!

Mermaid Dottie
03-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Lucky ducks!
I've yet to be able to get my teeth straightened. In fact, my wisdom teeth have made them even MORE crooked.
I don't think I'll be able to afford them until Lochlan's done with college.