PDA

View Full Version : Nerines Mermaid Creations Tail

NerineArcticMermaid
09-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Well heres my overdue Review of my Mermaid Creatiosn tail. As most of you know this is my second tail but only the first one I could actually use.

Design:
I sent Jesse a rough sketch design of my tail back in June 2012. We had many many many disussions about it. Right up to the wire on him sculpting the dorsals I was makign changes as my idea evloved in my head. Imsure I drove him bonkers. The dorsal was originally going to be a single dorsal, but after soem research I found a split dorsal would look better swimming for me. Jesse made the changes.

Color:
We talked about the colors and I sent him an image of an iceberg as inspiration. I wil admit its not exactly the colros I had imagined but I do think Jesses take on my design looks better than what I had pictured originally. I LOVE the stark contrast of the dark blue against the white.

Scales/Texture:
I wanted a scallop scale but not like the hum drum scallop EVERYONE was useing. When he sent me the image of the scales he had made for sasha.. I was in love.. they were sharp but still delicate. Id say they are no bigger than .5in wide. THe entire tail has the slimy look from the gloss coat. I love that... it feels sooo neat! The silicone is thinner than my old latex tail and soo much nicer against the skin.

There are seams on my tail they are only at my butt on the back.. but when swimming when you see the video.. they are not noticable... you really gota be looking for them. had I a smaller booty... I could have had on single sheet and no seams but I got me a big butt. Which bring me to MOST DEFINETLY reccommend Jesse for those mers who are curvy just like me. He really really knows how to make a tail for us!

My tail fits so perfectly! THeres not even and flapage from the water catching my waist. He made the silicone clear there so it blends nicly...

Customer Service:
Let me say this. Since the order was placed. Jesse and I have sent well over 400+ tex messages regaurding my tail which includes many many many many picture messages. He was so awesome when it comes to updates. From sketch to clay to mold. He would get my input on every step. If i wanted changes... he did it. I can NOT find any faults to his customer service to me. He even after delivering thetail to me at Merpalooza took it back home to change my fluke becuase of my own silly error not realizing exactly how big a competitor fin was! He also took it in another inch! (which I still cant see where he cut it!! Ive looked too!)

Shipping:
FAST!! Well packed!! the whole thing was wrapped carefully and stupped with bubble packets. plus warnings to the shipper on punctureing it.

Usage:
Now I still have my hand injury which impeades me from doing alot of things that require grip strength. But I CAN get this sucker on! I do need help with my right foot since i cant grip the strap easily but Im going to try to do the string method like raina suggested. It swims like a dream! I will say its quite a work out! My tail is 45lbs! I do sink a little since the fluke is still pretty huge.

There is a snafoo on my fluke but Jesse is working with me to fix the issue which we were not aware would happen. Its all a learning process but he is willing to take the time to find a workable solutions. The monofin is stressing the silicone in key areas of movement. But we do have a solution and I cant wait tog et her back after he handles the problem!

**Jesse has been an aboslute joy to work with. I definetly intend on buying another tail from him soon.

Heres a great Video from the footage taken at Alexander Spring September 14, 2012 at the Pod of the South meet up I think it shows the tail well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9W8gSB1BSfU

Heres the Dry tail review I did on youtube as well..
(If soemone could fix the link so it plays here.. cant figure it out again!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EkClrMV8-I

AniaR
09-21-2012, 06:39 PM
you look amazing. The dorsal fin is really the icing on the cake. Woo tail sisters!

Ashe
09-21-2012, 06:44 PM
looks beautiful, Ner! Cant wait to get mine!... In 10+ years :( lol!

MermanJesse
09-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Giggles @ :10 in the video.

jukumerboii
09-21-2012, 07:10 PM
i swear imma own a jesse tail..............one day lol

NerineArcticMermaid
09-21-2012, 07:21 PM
What are you giggling at Jesse? I don't see anything funny @ :10

Kanti
09-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Awesome Nerine!
I'm so glad you got a really nice video of you swimming too x3
I love Jesse's fins <3 They're really awesome!

Great review, too!
It's really informative :'D

NerineArcticMermaid
09-21-2012, 07:30 PM
If I missed anything feel free to ask me :)

Mermaid Saphira
09-21-2012, 07:31 PM
beautiful tail Nerine :D

Blondie
09-21-2012, 07:59 PM
I loooove Nerine's tail xD Like I'll vouch that it even FEELS life like. I couldn't stop playing with it at the meet up. I felt like an infant with it's mother's necklace. This tail is a real work of art.

Mermaid Lei Loni
09-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Amazing tail! :) You look incredible!

MermanJesse
09-21-2012, 08:30 PM
It just looked awesome.

spottedcatfish
09-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Beautiful!

NerineArcticMermaid
09-21-2012, 09:03 PM
It was awesome :-)

Mermaid Annariea
09-21-2012, 10:37 PM
woooaaahhh :D
it looks awesome! :D

ShyMer
09-21-2012, 10:47 PM
I'm glad you picked up on the dorsal issue and figured out a way around it. I think that lower dorsal/heel fin looks really nice for overall shape. It helps to distract from leg shape I think.

NerineArcticMermaid
09-22-2012, 12:03 AM
That was the plan shymer.. the heel fins especially. The spilt dorsal eliminates the fold you get on the dorsal. of course I think I've stated a trend.. or will soon LOL

NerineArcticMermaid
09-22-2012, 12:29 AM
Ive got a confession... I LOVE watching that vid of me in the spring...

I still cant believe thats me swimming there!

I finally made my childhood dream real!

Sitting here watching it again too.. and just looking at my tail

Im grinning so big!

@Jesse.... Thank you..

FreshWaterMermaid
09-22-2012, 12:59 AM
You look beautiful in the spring Nerine!
I could watch it over and over ^_^

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2