PDA

View Full Version : Latex Allergies and Tails

kazekoh
08-03-2011, 05:49 PM
I wasn't quite sure were to post this, so If this is in the wrong category just let me know.

I know that people who are allergic to Latex shouldn't wear Latex tails.
My question is; If you are wearing a Latex tail in a pool or something, would it cause a reaction with someone who is allergic?

I know that you can't bring latex balloons in a hospital. I also remember someone having a latex allergy in my school and no latex could even be brought into the class room.

I may be a bit worried over nothing, but causing someones allergies to go off really bothers me.

So any input would be welcomed.

Winged Mermaid
08-03-2011, 06:01 PM
That's a very good question! I have no idea. Not really one you can google considering the whole water thing.

kazekoh
08-03-2011, 06:08 PM
I did try to Google it actually. xD; Nothing came up that I could find. (Key words are finicky things though.) So I thought I would try asking here.

I really don't want to get a latex tail and then find out I make people sick! D:

AniaR
08-03-2011, 06:56 PM
I have heard from someone they DEVELOPED a Latex allergy while wearing their tail! I think it can be minimized by wearing tights and socks inside.

kazekoh
08-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Well, that is also good to know! I don't want to develop an allergy!

kazekoh
09-15-2011, 02:51 PM
Okay, This is what I have figured out for some things as far as causing reactions.

It IS okay to have a latex tail in a chlorinated pool that is on the cool side. I guess the Chlorine just zaps it.

It is NOT okay to have a latex tail in a hot tub/really hot water. It can break down the latex and cause a reaction to someone who is allergic. Probably bad for a tail regardless.

As for rivers/non chlorinated pools/ sea. I honestly have no clue and neither did the people I asked. XD; If I figure anything out I'll say somethin.

AniaR
09-15-2011, 04:30 PM
hmmm Ive heard from Sora that she developed an allergy to hers anytime she wears it Im pretty sure. I think she's still working on a solution

kazekoh
09-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Yeah, that's because of skin on skin contact right? >: She probably can't get around it unless she goes through expensive desensitization. That's from what I have been told by docs anyways.

I am worried for like small children/people in the same pool/body of water having allergy to latex already.
Probably should have stated a difference. xD'