PDA

View Full Version : Help in making a weighted belt!

MermaidAqua
09-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Hey everyone!

Lately I've realised just how hard it is for me to blow bubble rings lately, mainly because I find it so hard to sink! I cant get down far enough so I have no room to blow any! Im interested in making my own weight belt, not too heavy but just enough to help me sink. Firstly, Id like to ask for tips on making one, it doesnt need to be appealing or anything infact id like it to be quite discreet so I could use it without questions. Just like what to use for a belt and like where to find weights! Secondly, I am 7 1/2 stone and was wondering round about what weight I should go for, this wouldnt be to swim in my tail just for when I'm swimming about in the local pool practising butterfly, bubble rings and everything else!

So to summarise (for anyone not willing to read big blocks of text) I need a discreet small belt, that has a decent weight, enough just so I could perhaps sit on the bottom of the pool? As I cant currently do that :doh: I would really appreiciate any tips or tricks a mermaid tailor would be willing to part with!

Thanks so much

~MermaidAqua
P.S 1. As always feel free to move this thread if it's in the wrong section and 2. I live in the uk so it would help to get tips from somewhere in the uk on where to buy things!

Thanks!