PDA

View Full Version : How Clients find you

AniaR
09-22-2012, 08:54 PM
So I have talked about this topic before but it really just hit home for me so I wanted to share. I've said before you should be careful what you put online and how you share it if you're putting it under the professional name you want to use for being a professional mermaid. Anything people find could either make them want to hire you or not. I just got to shoot my first music video! It was an amazing experience. I asked the casting director how she found me- curious if it was from some of my recent media, facebook, someone mutual or what. Well when she told me I had to laugh.

She found me from a totally lame and embarrassing over a year old video I submitted to a contest. I had my old tail, my old hair style, and look nothing like I do now. Terrible video and editing lol I didn't put the video on my main youtube, or my FB. I submitted it to the contest youtube. It had no links back to my website or any contact info. In fact- I tried to find this bad video on youtube and I can't even find it myself!

But they liked it so much they hired me. And they were thrilled with my new tail/look so that was great. So here is something I totally forgot about, am kinda embarrassed about, and didn't even have any contact info on and they still tracked me down. Luckily for me it turned out really well :D

So yeah, keep in mind that the things you put out there even if you don't put much effort into them- are still things people will find and use when they reference you. Hopefully you'll be lucky and it'll be good like it was for me! ;)

Ashe
09-22-2012, 08:59 PM
i havent gone pro yet, so i have nothing to post about that, but Raina, what's the name of the music video? I would love to see it when it comes out!

AniaR
09-22-2012, 09:12 PM
you'll have to waaaait :)

even if you're not pro, but if you plan on going pro- people should still be careful with what they do. Same with emails- if you use your booking email to register other sites clients can search your email and find any sites attached to it. I had a strange email, so I searched the persons email- it was the same email they were using for some, uh, well, very uncomfortable to see for a second sex sites, lol.

Ashe
09-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Aw! u making me saaaaaaaaddddd! lol! and... that must have been quite awkward. Im only a kid as most are aware of, but once i do start getting gigs, ill have different emails for the stuff i end up doing ;) im the kind of person who hates being un organized <3