PDA

View Full Version : Hello! :')

Kanti
08-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Hey everyone~
My name is Cathy but ya'll can call my Kanti. Either one is fine with me :')
I've been crazy about the ocean since I can remember~ I love marine mammals, fish, rays, anything that's slimy and gross xD
Lets see, I'm a pretty big nerd. I like to draw and I looove costume making! I always go to anime/videogame conventions and I adore the renaissance fair.
Also, a few months ago, I recently started making my very first set of mermaid tails and they're almost done! I'm ecstatic about adding them to my costume
collection~

I'm glad I found this little forum~ It seems to be a great merfolk community with lots of great threads!
I hope we can all get to know each other very well :')

kazekoh
08-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Welcome Kanti! :D I really like your picture.
What sort of drawing/nerdum are you into? x3

Kanti
08-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Thank you!
I like yours as well :'D
I'm mostly into videogames and dressing up at conventions and fairs when it comes to nerdy stuff xD
I looove Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, Metal Gear, Red Dead, Left 4 Dead, and lots of other stuff.

For drawing I mostly draw anthros (humanoid creatures) of bugs fish and other weird things o_O

How about you?

Princess Kae-Leah
08-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Welcome dahling!

Kanti
08-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Thank you!
Nice to meet you :')

kazekoh
08-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Why thank you! :D
Haha, I like Zelda too. I am more of a paper Mario/Okami/harvest moon freak I am not going to lie. But I have a lot of fun playing Kirby and Zelda games too~
I saw some of your cosplay stuff ( I looked at the flipper to mono fin Tutorial and then that led to your DA XD; ) and they are friggen amazing.

I draw Anthros and am trying to draw humans and animals; Not going so well. I really like how you do different creatures for your anthros actually! :D I can never make them look..right. XD;

MerAndrew
08-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Hello, Cathy nice to meet you. I also play video games as well too. I believe in you and I like your picture welcome to the forum and nice to meet you.

Kanti
08-03-2011, 08:58 PM
@ Kazekoh - Ohhh I love all those games too <3 Okami is a really underrated game! It's amazing~
There aren't really many games I don't like. I'll give em a chance, it's just I can't really play too much. Videogames are so expensive x_x
And thank you! I really appreciate all the nice comments <3
I take my cosplaying srsly though haha.
But practice makes perfect~ Especially with drawing! Just keep at it and you'll get the hang of it :'P
And anthros are pretty dang hard to draw too. You have to balance both things out, it does take practice.

@ MerAndrew - Thank you!
Haha videogames are the best :'P You like any of the ones we mentioned??
And nice to meet you!

AniaR
08-03-2011, 09:23 PM
welcome! Always great to have more!

MerAndrew
08-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Well, yes I do play alot of video games. I did play Okami as well, Mario games, Legend of Zelda games, Bomberman games, Kirby games, Star Wars and other types of games that I play on. I also been mastered at playing video games as much as I do respectively. I will continue playing Resident Evil 4 during the Wii, but I beat the game on the PC as well. That means you like to play video games with me? I will have lots of fun with you. :)

kazekoh
08-03-2011, 09:54 PM
It makes me so happy you know about Okami! I agree, it is amazing and so underrated. And so pretty. ;v;
You know about Ace Attorney by chance?
Yeah, it is a bit of a pain to pay for them sometimes. I borrow friends games often XD
You are quite welcome. I honestly admire people who can cosplay well as it is a skill I am still learning. Well, I admire a lot of artists for that reason.

Haha, I am at it. I shall improve eventually. :>

Kanti
08-03-2011, 10:10 PM
@ AniaR - Thank you~~ Nice to meet you :')
It's always nice to meet people with the same hobby xD Especially since most of the people I already know would think it was strange o_O

@ MerAndrew - Oh god lol. I like all the games you listed except Resident Evil. It's not that I don't like it, it just seems like WAY too scary of a game. I watched my friend play it and so many things popped out and scared the jeepers out of me lol. I like Silent Hill ALOT, which I find strange. Not much pops out at you though, it's just creepy. Good game though!
I play PC all the time, mostly multiplayer games that are on Steam. Like Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, and Battlefield Bad Company 2. I don't like Call of Duty xD

@ Kazekoh - It is~ Okami is so beautiful. I heard they may be coming out with a new one which really excited me, but now I'm not so sure. It's so sad people haven't heard of it. All the friends I've shown absolutely love it. I've HEARD of Ace Attorney but I've never played it. I do hear it's very fun though, so I would like to give it a shot.
Cosplaying is very fun, it's just hard to work with some characters. You just have to have fun, that's the main reason I do it xD

kazekoh
08-03-2011, 11:13 PM
I know! D: I can't even find the new game! (Even though I heard its sad, I still want it. )
It is one of my favorite game series personally. They just have the right mix of humor and seriousness, which I enjoy in a game. :>
Haha, my brother plays Team Fortress 2. I will eventually. I just know I'll get addicted XD
Yeah, there are some characters I would love to do..but I know I need to start out slow. XD

MerAndrew
08-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Yes, I also play PC games as well, and I am still going to play Donkey Kong Country Returns as well. Well sorry about the scary game that you didn't like and I apologize for that, so can I teach you to play video games just like me?

Winged Mermaid
08-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Welcome! I'd love to see some of your cosplays! Cosplayers make me happy ^_^ I'd rather observe than be observed with that mostly though. I love me some video games but I have to be careful when I get into them cause then I'm REALLY hooked until I'm done with it, haha. I mostly love adventure puzzle type games like Zelda, Tomb Raider, and Mario. I never could play Resident Evil or Silent Hill. I'd try and I'd be all jumpy and nervous and O_O

Anyway, glad to have you here!

MermaidAubrin
08-08-2011, 06:07 PM
You mentioned you like renaissance fairs :) have you ever hear of the CSA it's a really cool thing all over the US were people get to gather and act like they are in midevil ti es the dress up and there are classes and fencing and kings and queens and merchants that's just a brief description there is so much more but it's hard to explain

Winged Mermaid
08-08-2011, 06:15 PM
You mean SCA :) Society for Creative Anachronism. They have Kingdoms just like we have pods! I'm in a SCA Pirate house myself. I went to the War back in May, pretty cool stuff! I think Ren fairs and SCA are different enough that some people like one and not the other, but some love both! I do like that ren fairs you can be more casual about what you wear and can do the fairy or mermaid thing, where as in SCA your attire has to be period.

Kanti
08-08-2011, 06:29 PM
@ Kazekoh - I'd heard the new Okami was going into production a looong time ago but I'd never heard ANYTHING about it so I'm unsure what it's even about. Team Fortress 2 is easily one of my favorite FPS. It's soo fun! I would suggest it up and down all day long. And especially now since it's freeee~!! It's a hard game to get used to, but once you do, it'll win you over, I think. It's very comical

@ Andrew - Haha, we will see about that :'P
I'm probably still not going to touch any scary games. I can't handle them xD

@ Winged - Lol I see what you mean.
Cosplaying is really stepping out of your comfort zone, but I don't necessarily "cosplay". Cosplaying is more like acting out the character you're trying to be, I do more of just, costume work and posing for pictures, at least at conventions. At ren fairs I go all out xD
I guess its because the other characters I cosplay as are weirdos. Haha.
I have a few costumes, you can look at them if you'd like~ http://www.cosplay.com/costumes/m179343/
As for scary games, I can't handle them at ALL! I dunno how but I managed to play Silent Hill with a few friends. I was super scared the entire time though haha.

@ Aubrin - I've never heard of SCA (as Winged cleared up lol), but it sure sounds interesting. They both sound very familiar, though. I don't usually have anything to do with the renaissance fair after they leave the state, also. They usually come to Florida for about 2 weeks to a month and then they pack up and leave, so I get to go once or twice a year. I would LOVE to possibly do something in regards to mermaids with them in the future (like have a tank already set up, cause I don't want to bring a cart to wheel around or anything xD) but if not, I have a faun costume I have to keep me entertained :'P

kazekoh
08-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Its out now~ It's fun from what I played in the Demo. You play Chibiterasu And Susano-o's son..and fight bad guys. I just got the ending spoiled for me so I was saddened D8 But.. I won't do the same here.
xD I should. I do have an account. And everyone around me plays TF2 so they'll probably like me playing XD

Also I am also scared of scary games ;^;
The SCA is pretty cool by the by~ XD We have a kingdom here and I love to watch them. I might join one day.

Alveric
08-09-2011, 10:18 AM
I used to do SCA stuff. Pensic War IV was one of my first events. That was a looong time ago! Hmn...the SCA used to be more open to fantasy and mythological stuff.

Alveric

MermaidAubrin
08-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Oh sorry about the mix up thanks for correcting me :) my dad does something called circular strength training ( cst) some time I accidentally mix the 2

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
12-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Always nice to meet a fellow gamer. Did you play Primal on PS2? The Undine levels were a lot of fun, I thought.

Mermaid Luna
12-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Welcome! And yay, I love cosplayers, too! =)