PDA

View Full Version : Writing a Novel about My Mer :D

Mer_Adella
09-25-2012, 08:58 AM
Hey all, if you haven't seen my pictures from my first photo shoot ...check them out Jeff and Lisa did an amazing job (they are in the "first photo shoot" sticky.)

ANYWAYS besides wanting to be a mermaid, I am a published poet and author. And i have decided that I want to write a fictional book about my mermaid Adella. Please dont confuse my grammar and bad puncuation on this forum as that I do it in my novels too lol.

Anyhoo,

I was curious what you mers would like to see in a novel about a mermaid...
I was also curious if any of you had certain merfolk names you would like in the book? ( could be your own mer name or one you thought was cool)

I am doing this because I always write my novels to sell them, and I thought it would be fun to actually write about my mer (my other persona lol). And i wanted to get your mer's opinions and thoughts. Who knows I might put your mer in my book ;)

Thanks a lot you mers....you have inspired me once again more than you already do :D

Mermaid Saphira
09-25-2012, 09:01 AM
Wow? A book! That is fintastic! I have always wanted to write my own children's book. Any whoville, I can't think of any ideas right now but when I do I will most certainly let you know ;). Good Luck!!

Alveric
09-25-2012, 10:24 AM
I would like to see more of any kind of Mer fiction. Good luck!

Mer_Adella
09-25-2012, 10:26 AM
I would like to see more of any kind of Mer fiction. Good luck!

Thanks Alveric :) its something that I want to write about and I feel that if do write it, it will be like me talking about Adella (who is also me) so it might come easily. :yay:

Azurin Luna
09-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Good luck!

I'm writting a short story too, but I'm bad at giving feelings to my figures in my stories

Mer_Adella
09-25-2012, 12:18 PM
ya i am looking for this to be a 250-300 pg novel with the option to continue the story on in 2-3 other books. Thats my hope at least :)

Mer_Adella
09-25-2012, 12:37 PM
OOOKKKK
heres the synopsis of my book (bare with me since its a work in progress)

Mermaid Adella is fascinated with the no-finners on the island to the west of her home. Her father King Aeolius has warned her many times that she is not allowed near the islands. He is worried that the no-finners of the island (or the ships that come into the docks) will see Adella and capture her. But when Adella defies orders and goes to see a new ship coming into dock, the worst happens. The ship catches on fire and explodes. A few no-finners jump ship just before it explodes and Adella goes to go and save them. The first two she encounters are already dead, but the third is wrapped in a sail and struggling to get out. Adella saves him and drags him onto a beach. When she revives him, he finds that a beautiful woman had saved him. When he goes to touch her she gets scared and dives under the water.

Captain Sir Henry Wallace is amazed that a woman was able to save him from a watery grave. But is curious about the strange woman. No one on the island knows of the brunette woman with the pink shell top. He walks the beach every night to try and find her again. When he goes fishing one night his boat is capsized (unbeknowenst to him by mermen guards) Adella chases them away and saves him once more. This time Sir Henry plays "dead" and allows Adella to save him once more. He steals a kiss from her and she is engulfed in a world of feelings she didn't know she had. After a blissful night of spilling secrets and telling stories, Adella returns home only to find that her father is extremely upset with her. He demands that she forget about this no-finner and demands that she accept the proposal of marriage by her best friends brother, Neptune. Torn, Adella doesn't know what to do....accept the marriage proposal or defy her father and lifestyle for forbbiden love.

Mer_Adella
09-26-2012, 10:24 AM
ok so i am going onto my 13th page of my book. i am unsure yet if this is the actual beginning or a middle part....just because I randomly will do that...write the middle to the end and then add the beginning in last. BUT i got to this great part that i just had to tell you mers about. My main character Adella just swam out onto the otherside of an island and noticed a "no-finner" little girl swimming and splashing around. Curious, Adella goes in for a closer look at the girl but the girl starts to sink underwater. Adella realizes that there is something wrong (her father always telling her that the no-finners will try to catch/harm/touch merfolk) and saves the girl from drowning.