PDA

View Full Version : Other Communities?

Ashe
09-30-2012, 05:35 PM
Hoping this is the right place to post... feel free to move it! So, i think it's safe to say that we're all part of the mermaid/merman community. I was just wondering what others you guys are part of? For example, i'm easing my way into the furry community, and i know im not the only one ;) So, yeah! Just cause im curious. i love people who enjoy doing non-mainstream things and aren't afraid to admit it! <3 so spill people, spill!!! -Kalani!!!

AniaR
09-30-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm a figure model, so I keep in contact with quite a few models and photogs. I like online forum based RPGs with OCs, but I have been so busy I couldn't commit to the group I've been in for years, this year. My mermaid stuff keeps me quite involved in the ecology community. I'm a musician too so lots of that community as well.

Dacora
09-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Im a huge fish lover, especially my goldfish. So I have a community I go to to talk about my goldfish and the other members goldies, fish tank set ups and if I ever have health issues with them I ask there and get help. :3

Ashe
09-30-2012, 06:18 PM
Oh yeah!!! Im a fish freak too! i would have a million tanks if i could, but i dont have the room or money lol! What is the forum called? and do you subscribe to the magazine called Aquarium Fish International? It has tons of good information! And im gonna get two Ryukins soon. Im wondering if i should name them Thor and Loki (from Thor), or Stefan and Damon (from The Vampire Diaries). Maybe i should save the vampire names for a fish a bit more, er, EPIC and dark looking? idk whateves lol >O"

Dacora
09-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Oh yeah!!! Im a fish freak too! i would have a million tanks if i could, but i dont have the room or money lol! What is the forum called? and do you subscribe to the magazine called Aquarium Fish International? It has tons of good information! And im gonna get two Ryukins soon. Im wondering if i should name them Thor and Loki (from Thor), or Stefan and Damon (from The Vampire Diaries). Maybe i should save the vampire names for a fish a bit more, er, EPIC and dark looking? idk whateves lol >O"

The forum is called kokos goldfish. :D
One member has her telescope maned Loki I think. I have a Ruykin, his name is Kyro and is so cute. No I dont subscribe to magazines.
http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/

Im actually coming out to them as a mermaid soon to thank them for inspiration for parts of my tail.
I would say wait to get them before you name them and don't get ones based on colors. Go for personality because they can change colors as they grow. XD
Actually I already have 3 tanks already, my 110 gallon goldfish tank, my 2.45 gallon snail tank and the 10 gallon quarantine tank, when I move out I plan on getting a pond, a salt water tank and maybe a axolotl tank. XD
Kokos goldfish is a great place to find info for them. Some of the members have been keeping fish and goldfish for 18+ years and are really nice. :)

Blondie
09-30-2012, 07:37 PM
I'm not really apart of anything else. I looked at LARP for a while but kinda just stalked the web for it. It's interesting.

I was always wondering if there were communities out there like the mernetwork for faeries, witches, ect. Like I know there's Steampunk and what not. But what else? xD

Azurin Luna
10-01-2012, 03:22 AM
I'm also part of the Star Wars community, though lately not really active. I'm also into LARP, though I don't have my own character there, I play what is needed in game. I'm a little in the pony community as of resently :)

Mermaid Margarete
10-01-2012, 02:10 PM
I'm part of the video game community, the modeling network (so I know a lot of local designers and photographers, getting to know more MUA), I do a lot of cosplaying (this year I've put together 7 costumes and I'm currently working on 3, inculding my mermaid one). I'm kinda/sorta in the anime scene - more or less cause I love Japan and get talked into going to their local conventions. I'm making my way into the GoGo dancing world by dancing with a model friend of mine (I got 2 gigs this month!) aaaaand I volunteer at my local animal shelter once a week helping with cats with behavior issues, so I'm well known in that community cause not very many volunteers wants to work with trouble cats XD
I think that's it?

Ashe
10-02-2012, 12:25 AM
I just love diversity! <3 :D

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
10-04-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm a gamer (video games, pencil and paper RPGs, MMORPGs, board games, collectible card games, etc), a comic book fan, a karaoke-er, and part of the GLBT community near me. I'm also Catholic and go to church each week.

Mizuko
10-04-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm a Japanese fashion lover ^^ So gyaru and lolita communities online, as well as in my city!

Odette
10-04-2012, 09:49 PM
I used to be part of a lolita meetup group. I attend seminars on veterinary science given by the specialty center sometimes. Im very busy making props,tails,and other costumes for my business(Mermaid Odette,obviously) cant think of any other groups. always wanted to have a swim group.no time. =/

HEEY! i also love comics, games, fish, J-fashion too!

KALANI: i get to see furries all the time. there is some really cool all-fours coustumes.
AZURIN LUNA, there was a real rainbowdash at this con! 6881

GINTSUKI, my friends are go-go dancers. i love watching them. be careful. and i also work with cats.i work at a cat hospital.its fun training them,huh?

Azurin Luna
10-04-2012, 11:47 PM
Haha, cool. I can't join a furry community here as there is only one and they keep very to themselves... Makes them hard to find on the I-net. So instead I watch alot of furry cons on YouTube... Wish I could attend one of them once though

Mermaid Bella
10-05-2012, 12:05 AM
I'm park or the pullip community at dollymarket, bst. I've just gotten into tankou as well but that is mostly.on Facebook. I am into mlp modding and was part of mlparena until they moved and I don't really like the new forum. I also used to be a huge cosplayer but I put on weight weight and lost confidence esp. as I knew many people there who ended up being colossal asshats.

Ashe
11-01-2012, 11:35 AM
I also love anime- draw it, watch it- so i guess i could say i'm with them too!