PDA

View Full Version : bonding with your tail.

Mermaid Bella
10-05-2012, 01:18 AM
i have read alot of forum posts about how people feel in their tail, some people cant feel their legs anymore and really connect with the tail like an extention of themselves, others talk about how the slightest movement repels them around like an ice skater and they feel very graceful..

while i do love my tail, i made it myself, and it took alot of work and dedication to finish it, i have a bad habit of starting a project and running out of steam. i took it for its first proper swim last night, where i actually got to swim, not just get dunked... hehe, so needless to say i do care about my tail, with its extended belly band for height, the holes from where i did a bad job of sewing, the pink underpants i got that match it, so you cant see my buttcrack and my home job monofin.

what i felt was not really a physical connection to the tail in the same way other people have spoken about. i had a blast, i moved quickly and i got ooohhs and ahhhs from old ladies and 20 middle aged to elderly asian men crammed into the 7 person hot tub.

but i did feel my legs, i didnt feel as mermaidy as i thought i would, and i noticed not only that everytime i swam i floated to the top of the water but also when i lifted my knees the fabric suctioned in like vacc seal and showed my knees through it, not smoothing out like many other tails i have seen. i know i went cheaper and thicker on the fabric, as lycra is super expencive over here, i used a strong poly elastine blend, simmilar to the outer skin of neoprene. it was about $10 a metre as apposed to $30 for the lycra (spandex)

eventually i will retire her and make a new one, which i know will be sad as despite all of her problems, i have bonded with my pink tail, and will always remember her as the best.

does anyone else feel this way? have you moved up to a super expencive and glamerous tail and miss the heshion sack you used to swim in?

does anyone feel the other way?

how about some problems with your home made tail...? :$

Blondie
10-05-2012, 02:08 AM
That's an interesting thought. I sort of know where you're coming from. I too feel like I can feel my legs still when I swim. I don't feel like a mermaid, I feel like I'm mermaiding. The art of having a tail and swimming like a mermaid. But after an hour or so in the water, I began to feel like the tail was more like a skin. Of course I had my lovely foot cramps reminding me that I still have feet. But after a few hours it's amazing one you feel with it. Afterwards when I got my tail off, walking was weird. I REALLY felt like a mermaid then! It felt so different to me.

Plus, some people here have had their tails for years. So it has a lot of memories and swims in it. But for me, I've swam in my tail once. I like it but I mean it's still a costume to me. Eventually I'm sure it'll begin to feel like my baby blanket and I'll love it forevers and evers. I think it just needs a good couple of swims and memories before the whole effect kicks in. Plus having a good realistic (you choose what realistic means to you) tail helps add the effect. I mean, swimming in my Fish Butt is a TOTALLY different experience compared to my old fabric tails.

But that's just my two-cents

Mermaid Bella
10-05-2012, 04:35 AM
Thanks iblondie. maybe I need to spend more time in it before I connect with it. I only swam for about an hour yesterday and it was in under a metre deep pool. has anyone else had the issue with the knees? Also how is your fish butt? I'm desperate for one lol.

Blondie
10-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Thanks iblondie. maybe I need to spend more time in it before I connect with it. I only swam for about an hour yesterday and it was in under a metre deep pool. has anyone else had the issue with the knees? Also how is your fish butt? I'm desperate for one lol.

I really think you just need more time with it. I love my fish butt ^^ I have only swam in it once though, but that one time was awesome. I mean it should be more then what you pay for them. It's probably the best bang for your buck in the mer-world. Still though $230 isn't easy to come up with now a days :P

AniaR
10-05-2012, 09:27 PM
that's how I felt in my mertailor tail for sure. I had so many issues with it, it took a long time of working out the kinks and changing stuff around before I felt like what other people say. When it comes to movement etc I feel that the most in my merbellas tail. When it comes to physically feeling like a fish my mermaid creations tail really takes the cake with how it physically feels to the touch and on my legs. Crazy stuff! You'll get there :)

Ashe
10-06-2012, 12:42 AM
Yeah, i had a neoprene tail like that... i had many things wrong with it too, the paint job and puffy paint scales comes off, the monofin doesnt fit correctly, and it got all stiff when i painted it, so it doesnt form over my body like a good neoprene tail, but instead just stays a stiff tube on my legs. So yeah, i feel horrible about making that tail cause i spent tons of money on it, and my mom seemed pretty disappointed and stressed about the money issue too :( hopefully a latex tail is still in the equation?... idk :( Anyways, you arent the only one. Sometimes you just have to have that one tail that really means something to you :)

New York Mermaid
10-06-2012, 01:33 AM
my first tail was a fabric mermagica tail, i felt pretty in it, but let me tell you,

but nothing makes me feel more like a real mermaid than my fishbutts tail. my first fishbutts was the gray shark tail it took me 6 months to design and another few to have it actually made. with the issues it had, i still loved it. but after having it offered to be remade, i felt that it was time to retire that look and get something more "me" which is how my current fishbutts came to be.

<--- My blue tail, I love how i look in it and the way i feel in it, but its been thru a bit of wear and tear but every nick on it was well earned :) and kiddos love it too. I know eventually i will make my new mermaid tail, but all my tails have been well loved, i literally shed happy tears when i got my tails, broke the boxes to bits to get to them out of happiness, but to see a dream tail become a reality you never expected to come out so amazing its just like - i cant explain!! just so awesome!!