PDA

View Full Version : SUMMER 2013 MERMAID MEETUP IN MICHIGAN!!!!!!!!

Mer_Adella
10-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Okay, So since I don't have the money to go on a vacation, and my boyfriend works too much to go on one with me.

I've decided that a mermaid meet up is in store for the summer of 2013 somewhere in michigan.

what I am looking for from my fellow mer's is:

Where would you like to meet up?
A day or weekend event?
Would you like to stay in a cabin with other mer's if its a weekend event?
How many (out of staters) would like to attend?

I am really looking forward to this and am already looking around for places. so come on, jump in with both fins. Let's get this fecking party started :D

Mer_Adella
10-05-2012, 02:19 PM
CHOOSE YOUR MICHIGAN MEET UP 2013 REGION FOR THE EVENT:::::

1. SOMEWHERE NORTH OF GRAND RAPIDS

2. SOMEWHERE NEAR MUSKEGON

3. SOMEWHERE NEAR DETROIT

4. (ENTER YOUR SPECIFIC CHOICE OF LAKE OR PLACE).

Mermaid Saphira
10-05-2012, 02:20 PM
good luck with it all and have fun :)

Morticia Mermaid
10-05-2012, 02:52 PM
If I could afford to, I would totally go. But saving for a wedding after I come back from Cali next month :(

Mer_Adella
10-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Hey a wedding is something worth missing a mermaid event....plus there will be more :) you better take your tail with you on the honeymoon and take pictures of you swimming in the ocean and stuff is all i am saying :)

Mer_Adella
10-08-2012, 02:03 PM
ATTENTION

we need all the help we can get....

we all want to meet up and do a mermaid meet up....so vote on where the best choice nearest you would be. this is for summer 2013 so there is time to save up for gas, campground/motel/cabin, etc. lets get this party started early!!!! place your vote for place, reply with a month you'd like and research lakes in your place of choice for best one

Cordelia
10-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Voted! It looks like a close race between... all of the choices! lol. It would be interesting to get some research going on the affordable places to stay, and (better yet!) places to swim!

Azurin Luna
10-18-2012, 02:04 AM
Hmm... I have a friend in that area that wanted to meet me again, but it's also in the period I will get married... choices choices.

Mer_Adella
10-18-2012, 11:34 AM
It looks as if right now that the Benton Harbor or SE part of MIchigan is the most voted place. I am going to start looking around at places to swim. I will post of some places ....take a look and just let me know which one you like...

more than welcome to put your links on there too if you find places...i want to make this happen. especially if we can get flyers or something made to let people know that we are there that would be kinda cool dont ya think?

Mer_Adella
10-18-2012, 12:27 PM
I was thinking Magician's Lake :) Perfect name for a lake that would be full of mermaids. here is a picture
with 3-4 islands :)

and here is alittle info about the lake

Summer visitors flock to the many rental cottages around the shore. All sorts of watercraft enthusiasts enjoy the lake in summer along with a number of fishermen. Magician Lake is considered a premier warm-water fishery and is regularly stocked by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources (DNR). Black Crappie, Bluegill, Bowfin, Brown Bullhead, Largemouth Bass, Longnose Gar, Northern Pike, Pumpkinseed, Rock Bass, Warmouth, Yellow Bullhead, and Yellow Perch are regularly caught. Although the shoreline is quite heavily developed, three of the four islands on the lake are not; their shorelines provide some excellent fishing.
The water is exceptionally clear and much of the lake is quite shallow, allowing for an enjoyable day on the water. In winter, ice fishing is a popular activity. A DNR public boat launch is located on the north shore.
Other recreational activities in the area include hiking, biking, golf, hunting, skiing, snowmobiling and sledding. The nearby town of Dowagiac is filled with beautiful Victorian architecture and has a vibrant downtown area for shopping, restaurants, theaters and museums.
St. Joseph, fifteen miles away, is a deep-water port town that has picturesque brick roads and many unique shops, art galleries, antique shops and cafes. Activities and events such as 'Antiques on the Bluff" are very popular places to look for a bargain.
Magician Lake is located just thirty miles north of South Bend, Indiana and one hour from Kalamazoo. Many residents are alumni of Notre Dame and enjoy the proximity during football season.

Mer_Adella
10-18-2012, 01:09 PM
ok so this is a different place and all but i just thought this place was GORGEOUS. It sleeps 8-11 AND HAS A HEATED PRIVATE POOL!!!!!!

http://www.vrbo.com/55544

Mer_Adella
10-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Ok so I found a cabin on magician lake. Sleeps 8 2 bbathrooms and 3 bedrooms. For four nights (Thursday - Monday) $950.00.
Can see it here ----> http://mobile.vrbo.com/208087#_propertyDetails_0

MermaidNerenia
01-08-2013, 11:34 AM
I would be interested in doing a day meetup I would drive to MI

Mer_Adella
01-08-2013, 03:45 PM
A day meet up would be fine with me...for some people (in chicago etc) they have tolls or traffic which might be a problem for a day trip. but we will see what everyone has to say. i would love to find a river/lake with rocks and shallow spots to get some very awesome pictures.

Mermaid Danielle
01-08-2013, 10:31 PM
I'd could do a day meet up, but I'm not to sure where I'll be this summer so it's still up in the air for me.

Mer_Adella
01-10-2013, 11:29 AM
I'd could do a day meet up, but I'm not to sure where I'll be this summer so it's still up in the air for me.

thats perfectly fine Mermaid Danielle, I plan to keep with this (even if its just me that goes) so that everyone can see that I plan to keep it updated and plan a meeting.

Mermaid Sirena
01-12-2013, 12:44 PM
It sounds lovely to me a day meet up would be grand though a weekend would also be nice.

Mer_Adella
01-12-2013, 04:39 PM
I plan on a smaller meet up too near my hometown for those close enough because the muskegon river (where i live) has a lot of shallow spots that have beautiful rocks and trees that would be great for a picture of a few mermaids in it

Mermaid Danielle
01-12-2013, 08:01 PM
Sounds great Mer_Adella! Thanks for doing all of the planning for this!

Mer_Adella
01-13-2013, 01:19 AM
not a problem...I just want to see some other mermaids. And I am a great planner as long as I can get people's opinons that are most likely to show up or want to help.

Disfusional
01-28-2013, 01:18 PM
If I happen to finish up my tail (do not have one yet) I would love to meet up for a day. But again, all depends upon if this tail gets completed. Love the Mer-Day planning. Thanks.

Mer_Adella
01-28-2013, 01:56 PM
For “Mermaids in Michigan Extravaganza 2013” to happen I need some important information from all you mermaids (mermen) that would like to join. We need to establish a weekend or day event and a general area where it is going to happen. So please respond with your two choices

1 -----Weekend Event
2 ------ Day Event

And

3 ----- South East Michigan
4 ------South West Michigan

All input is greatly appreciated : ) any ideas that you have is always welcome. If this is going to happen we need to get it figured out. I am going to be talking with my photographer (who does underwater shoots) about coming and taking some pictures too. So I would like to know in advance. Thanks guys and gals

Mermaid Danielle
01-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Day event, and South West Michigan. I'll probably be on the eastern side of the state, for at least a part of this summer (still not a hundred percent sure where I'll end up), but I prefer swimming in Lake Michigan over Huron or Erie.

Mer_Adella
01-29-2013, 02:11 PM
Day event, and South West Michigan. I'll probably be on the eastern side of the state, for at least a part of this summer (still not a hundred percent sure where I'll end up), but I prefer swimming in Lake Michigan over Huron or Erie.

It doesn't have to be Lake Michigan or one of the Great Lakes...it can be a nice inland lake too with no rip tide

Disfusional
01-30-2013, 03:47 PM
There is a beautiful lake (not near my current location either) called Higgins Lake, I believe it is up by Roscommon, MI The water is clear and beautiful. I went there for a vacation last summer and they have a beach that has crystal clear water extending out about 100 yards (roughly 5 ft). Then it drops off. Beautiful lake, but probably not at all what you are looking for.

Found some links :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgins_Lake,_Michigan

http://www.michigan.org/city/higgins-lake/

Mer_Adella
01-30-2013, 04:35 PM
There is a beautiful lake (not near my current location either) called Higgins Lake, I believe it is up by Roscommon, MI The water is clear and beautiful. I went there for a vacation last summer and they have a beach that has crystal clear water extending out about 100 yards (roughly 5 ft). Then it drops off. Beautiful lake, but probably not at all what you are looking for.

Found some links :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgins_Lake,_Michigan

http://www.michigan.org/city/higgins-lake/

I know that lake very well :) only 2 hrs away from my house. There is also Houghton Lake, just south of Higgins. Houghton lake is amazing for the fact that its only deep in certain spots! I will try and add a topographical map of houghton lake so you can see what I mean. I would suggest those lakes but I dont know if some mermaids would want to go that far north :( but I would like it.

Mer_Adella
01-30-2013, 04:37 PM
The light blue 0-8ft deep
murky blue 8-12 ft deep
blue 12+ ft deep

so as you can see houghton lake is nice for the fact that it is deep, but its not like its too deep. I have walked 30ft away from the seawall (the wall between high banks and water) and stil was standing in only hip deep water. it would definately be a nice place with lots of tourists

Disfusional
01-30-2013, 06:14 PM
If it is Higgins Lake I would drive the 4 hours in a heart beat!!!!!!! I have not been to Houghton Lake yet, but I would love to go. (not going to lie, i have not heard that many good things about it... but then again people have their biases about those two lakes I have a feeling) haha This event that you are planning is making me want to get this darn tail done much faster!!!

(The only problem I am having is finding the correct neoprene. I have checked the forum for the sites that have it and I'm not sure if it just my blonde hair but it confused me haha... So i have given that task and my measurements to the boyfriend hahaha)

Mer_Adella
01-31-2013, 08:30 AM
If anyone wanted to go to those lakes...they are only Half and hour apart :) less depending on where you go. I would love to have a meet up there bcus its only 2 hrs from my house. But then again it depends on if others want to drive up from Muskegon, Detroit, Ann Arbor...but who knows. If we can do a weekend event they might.

Lol I hope it does poke you to get your tail done. :) You still have a bit before it happens. I am thinking late July

Mermaid Sirena
02-05-2013, 12:25 AM
Personally if it's in the South East Michigan area a day would be fine but a weekend would be nice if it's far from where I live in SE.

Mer_Adella
02-05-2013, 08:03 AM
Honestly, if I can a.o.k. it with my man, maybe a few of the mermaids that live as far away as you do Sirena, maybe we could stay at my house and just travel from there on a weekend. I only live 1.5-2 hrs away from where we could go...no to mention I live 2 minutes away from Hardy Dam, which has Sandy Beach, The Consumers Beach, Cocaine Beach, the Sand Bar, Oxbow Park, and many other tourist beaches where kids are always are during the summer. hmmm
never thought of that (maybe just because I didn't want to seem like a creeper going "hey, ladies....stay at my house". lol