PDA

View Full Version : Our hero is in trouble!!

Firemaid
10-06-2012, 02:27 AM

Actress Daryl Hannah of "Splash" fame was arrested in northeast Texas on Thursday, along with a 78-year-old landowner as the pair protested an oil pipeline designed to bring crude from Canada to the Gulf Coast.
They've arrested Daryl Hannah and her great-grandmother for protecting the grandmas land!!!

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Actress+Daryl+Hannah+78yearold+landowner+arrested+ while+protesting/7346241/story.html#ixzz28UugELOz

Merman_Shawn
10-06-2012, 06:09 AM
This angers me.

AniaR
10-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Yeah I was reading about this too. She's been arrested before for protesting. We're protesting the oil pipeline up here too, and honestly we're trying hard to fight the whole oil industry and Canadian government does NOTHING to regulate ANYTHING environmental!

ShyMer
10-06-2012, 11:07 AM
On a side note, somehow I hadn't noticed that she was in Kill Bill. Now that I think about it, I know who she played, but man, I had no idea that was her.

Blondie
10-07-2012, 12:43 AM
Whaaat... Was it a peaceful protest? If so how could they arrest her?

Ashe
10-07-2012, 01:18 AM
Makes no sense at all to me. Dont any of these people have at least half a heart for the environment? Someone should care... Arresting people for taking a stand against the Earth's environmental downfall is just stupid. Agree or disagree with me, i dont care, but im so angry right now. I consider Daryl Hannah a real mer, and not just some actor who needs money. You could tell she really loved it. Again, so angry, and i wish there was something i could do... :(

Ophelia
10-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Whaaat... Was it a peaceful protest? If so how could they arrest her?

:lol:

I'm sorry but the unintentional naivety of this statement made me lol so hard. Having been part of the Occupy protests where I personally witnessed first hand people being arrested for trespassing in a public park (which had no "closing' time and they were all just sitting with signs) I can tell you they don't need any reason to arrest someone besides not liking the message ;)

fawkes
08-07-2013, 12:07 AM
:lol:

Having been part of the Occupy protests where I personally witnessed first hand people being arrested for trespassing in a public park (which had no "closing' time and they were all just sitting with signs) I can tell you they don't need any reason to arrest someone besides not liking the message ;)

HAHA! No sh*t! Thank you patriot act. :rolleyes: