PDA

View Full Version : Mer stories

Merman Craig (Delphinar)
10-13-2012, 12:17 AM
If you want to write mermaid/merman stories, what would your story be about?

New York Mermaid
10-13-2012, 03:09 AM
lol i alreayd did mine short and sweet but i have yet to share

Koral
10-13-2012, 07:03 AM
I was going to start a thread partially related to this, but not having to do with novels and novellas, writing actual stories, etc.
"What's your mermaid/merman story?" rather than sounding like "if you were to make a book about it" hehee. I doubt most people would want to share their plotline anyway.

As for "my mermaid's story" that is shared with children, etc? Koral is from tropical waters, mum was a mermaid, dad was a mortal, so as such Koral grew up with legs for a while, growing her fin in. The older Koral gets, the prettier the tail gets. And she is also a nomad. This all correlates to me in one fashion or another. My tail's been changing, so I had to explain why my tail was always different ("shedding my skin due to growing up"). Tropical, because I like warmer water and fuss a bit when it's cold, and I adore tropical fish and colorful coral reefs. My family is nomadic with yearly moves as I grew up, until recent times.

Not entirely too much of a story yet, as I blossom more officially. But originally Koral was my mersona with a slightly different plotline that I was writing about as you inquire. Koral WAS from Milos, Greece. Born a mermaid, mother basically made sure she was birthed and just old enough before leaving. Never knew her dad or if he was even a merman or not. She traveled the world and started a handful of pearl farms, and many caverns where she stashes her stolen goods. Bellydancer, singer, essentially a gypsy of the sea, really.

That's my double-input. :)

Mermaid Annariea
10-13-2012, 12:33 PM
mermaids and pirates.
similar to the cerulean isle (great book, by the way, check it out if you can), but with a different plotline.
i love me some pirates.

Koral
10-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Pirates are love, I agree.