PDA

View Full Version : The better design, please help.

Demi
10-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Alright, so im currently saving up for a tail, either a Merbellas $1000 or a Mermaid creations, but i'm currently leaning towards the Mermaid creations because of the price and material.
Trouble is that i have to designs that i both love and i can't decide which would make the better tail design, that is where you, dear fellow mers, can help me :)
I'm from Denmark and i would prefer a tail based on a fish that live in these waters, they are less colourfull than they are in america, as they have adapted to our less colourfull waters. So I've found two i like, the first is the Sturgeon, my favorite fish:
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff511/LacrymosaII/Russiskstoermod.jpg

I especially like the knuckle-like bones on the back and side, but i am worried that it would be to colourless and that the shark-like fins, that would need to be more whale like would ruin the idea of this tail.

The next one is a Perch and has some more colour one it and that one i really like everything about. It has a beautiful orange on the fins and nice mossy green by the dorsalfin.
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff511/LacrymosaII/ABORRE_013x2.jpg

Mermaid Saphira
10-15-2012, 11:55 AM
I like the idea of the perch tail! It sounds lovely :) good luck in which ever you get!

Koral
10-15-2012, 12:46 PM
I had a really hard time choosing between the two. Merbellas would do better with the perch, as they can airbrush colors and blend them beautifully, but I prefer the seamless Jesse (mercreations) over Raven's make. I love the colors Raven can get but I myself am not a fan of seams. It sounds like Jesse's are truly durable (which I AM a fan of - I'll find out when my mersister gets her tail from Jesse!), fit beautifully from what I hear, and are literally seamless. He would do the sturgeon fish very well, but he said he can blend colors - up to a point. I'm completely revamping a second tail with Jesse's paint job in mind so I can order a tail from him that he can do, and that I am happy with. Anyway, this is why it's hard to choose! Sturgeon fish would look awesome as one of Jesse's tails, but the lack of color does make it a little bland (its markings and unique traits are its selling point). But the color of the perch is nice and you seem more geared towards that one. HMM!

Demi
10-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Koral - yearh thats how i feel about it too. Merbellas have the painting skills to pull of a wonderfull perch-tail, while jesse is making really awsome dorsalfins and his tails are cheaper and made of pure silicone. If i decide on the sturgeon i would consider maybe blending some dark green og blue into the dark colours on the back, just to get at least a little colour :P

Ayla of Duluth
10-15-2012, 06:24 PM
mermaid Ravens tails don't have seams. She overlaps the scales perfectly to hide any trace of them. Thats the reason i chose her over jesse.

mermanjr
10-15-2012, 06:34 PM
From what i can tell the company, that Jesse gets his paints from is trying to make other light paint colors ,also maybe that might make the difference in the long run for Jesse tails.

That the paints have not caught up to the maker yet and maybe that's the problem for the lack of colors.

In any sense, I personally think they both do great work and there tails from what i can tell are very cool.

In my book all makers are awesome in there own tail making way and thats what makes them all different

MerEmma
10-23-2012, 05:21 PM
I really love them both. I think if you do the perch--go with Raven. If you do the sturgeon (which would still be gorgeous; love the markings) go with Jesse. I love them both.