PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Stede Bonnet
10-19-2012, 01:10 PM
After much pondering, I have *finally* decided to create a MerNetwork account.

Many of you may recognize my day-to-day identity as Matthew Morse, but I Googled "gentleman pirate" and found Stede Bonnet. You can learn more about him here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stede_Bonnet. It turns out that he named his ship Revenge, the same as the ship sailed by the Dread Pirate Roberts in The Princess Bride! The stress on my screen name should be the "gentleman" part, as it is always my goal to conduct myself accordingly.

At this time, I have no plans on purchasing or making a tail, but instead consider myself an avid enthusiast of the community, currently following over 200 mermaid-related fan pages on Facebook, where I spend the bulk of my online time. As such, I do not know how active my participation will be on this forum, but it is heartwarming to know that there is a place for me within the community.

Special thanks must go to Ayla of Duluth from my own home state of Minnesota for giving me the final encouragement to join, and to Iona the Mermaid for her additional assurances.

At the risk of showing my cards, please let me say that I think what you so is absolutely fantastic. You are artists and athletes, and I wholeheartedly applaud the spirit of this community.

Finally, I have a bit of a reputation for being a bit of a fact-finder. Perhaps we will work together on something someday.

Thank you!

Spindrift
10-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Hello. :)

Mermaid Annariea
10-19-2012, 02:35 PM
welcome :D pirates are always welcome here as well, haha.

Ayla of Duluth
10-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Finally jumped on the bandwagon. ;) welcome!

Koral
10-19-2012, 03:12 PM
*wave!* Hello mister Pirate! :D

Winged Mermaid
10-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Glad you finally joined us! Welcome! ^_^

Sea Pearl
10-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Welcome to the forum :)

Stede Bonnet
10-20-2012, 02:40 AM
Thanks to everyone who has commented so far. :D I appreciate your generosity.

Koral's greeting reminded me of something from the Bugs Bunny cartoon "Buccaneer Bunny," released in 1948.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpW1O-iiYB4 At approximately 4:50, Bugs Bunny addresses Yosemite Sam "Yoohoo! Mister Pi-rate!"

AniaR
10-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Lovely to have you here Matthew *hugs*

MerAnthony
10-31-2012, 09:42 PM
Welcome and enjoy

Sherl
10-31-2012, 10:15 PM
Hello and welcome! It's quite exciting to have a pirate here :D