PDA

View Full Version : I'm beginning to hate some people

MerAnthony
10-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Today my girlfriend and I were cleaning house an I started to think , where is my green kelp tail? Well I thioght for a moment and said to myself " the last I saw it was in the back of my truck in a bag dry with my drawing book. So I went to get it. Cause I found out that I can swim in my tail at a local college swimming pool. Well I got to my truck and my drawing book and tail were gone. My girlfriend and I ripped the house apart looking for it. Alas it was not to be found. We checked every where even in the garage with the camping stuff when the last time I saw it.Come to find out it was stolen out of the back of my truck with some other stuff. I was sooo peeved and upset that somebody took my tail and book and other things. Now it's going to cost me another $50.00 to get another skin from Mermagica. An that makes me more peeved off. I won't have any more money till after christmas. Well who ever took my tail and stuff I hope they choke on it. I never can understand how some people can be so disrespectful.(sorry I had to vent)

Ayla of Duluth
10-20-2012, 11:11 PM
You hope they choke on your tail? Why would they put it in their mouth? Sorry to hear that anyways.

Mermaid Celissa
10-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeell......hating is baaad news. :P Sorry it got stolen, but no need to say you hope they choke.

Spindrift
10-21-2012, 12:49 AM
That sucks, I'm sorry. I understand your need to vent. People are just so shitty to each other sometimes.

Blondie
10-21-2012, 12:57 AM
Arghhh!! I can't believe someone stole your tail! Maybe they won't be able to swim in it... :mad:

I'm horrible..

Ashe
10-21-2012, 12:45 PM
That is so infuriating, even to me! I posted on your other thread about finding a new skin though, hope it helps!

MerAnthony
10-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Thank you Kalani. I did email her I hope I get a reply soon.

Mermaid Saphira
10-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Thats horrible! I don't know what I would do if my tail was stolen T_T I'm so sorry to hear your unfortunate news!

Morticia Mermaid
10-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Same Saph. I sent you a message vallee. I hope it helps

Mermaid Lei Loni
10-22-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Vallee! That's absolutely terrible!

Koral
10-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Not long ago someone broke into my car. I understand how you must feel. Me, I felt violated, very very violated.
If it was a tail they'd stolen, I don't want to think how I would feel - probably out for blood, like a shark seeing red.

I hope you can get your tail replaced. If it was at the college it was stolen, and if it were me, I would post up some flyers up. Probably wouldn't get any callbacks, but at least the thief would know that your stuff really meant something to you.

Alveric
10-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Spread rumors that you're the high priestess of a secret mermaid-cult and that the thief is being hunted by crazed, spear-carrying fish-cultists for his/her sacrilege. Bet you'd get it back in a few days. :-)

Mermaid Saphira
10-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Spread rumors that you're the high priestess of a secret mermaid-cult and that the thief is being hunted by crazed, spear-carrying fish-cultists for his/her sacrilege. Bet you'd get it back in a few days. :-)
LOL :lol:

Mermaid Dottie
10-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Alveric, that is hilariously brilliant! I bet they would give back the rest of the stuff, too.
Stealing a tail is horrible! I hope they get told they're not allowed to swim in it.
Also, Vallee, have you tried going to the police about the theft?

Koral
10-22-2012, 12:15 PM
I can tell you now the police won't do anything. Unless they stole the truck, then the police would gun-ho and pull the thief over with pistols ready. But the most they would do about a costume tail and a sketchbook is say "file a claim with your insurance, we will open a case so you can give them the case number." And even then, filing the claim for your insurance to replace the items is something you really have to think about. The claim goes on your insurance record as a negative ping - you might as well have gotten into an accident in other words. So, my $300 worth of stolen items was not worth the negative on my insurance, to me. I doubt $50 - $100 would be worth it.

Trust me, I know... :I

PS:
I know, because my car was broken into and raided, robbing me of hundreds of dollars worth of things. I called the police, went through everything, even had a police come to look at my car. On my car the thief had broken part of my door when they used the slimjim, and left an arm mark on my car from when they were unlocking it with the device. After all that, the police outright told me they "couldn't do anything, but here's the case number for you to file with your insurance."

Stede Bonnet
10-22-2012, 12:46 PM

First of all, please let me say that I am very sorry to learn of your loss, vallee33, especially of something so personal and that has most likely has no value to someone outside of the mermaid community. Your tail and your drawing book are extensions of your creative self. While the sting would have been no less sharp, perhaps the better angels of your nature might be more forgiving if it had been food that was stolen. I don't know.

Now to the matter of the quote.

Far be it from me to argue with Mermaid Dottie and Mermaid Saphira, and with the assumption that Alveric was most likely kidding, I can not urge against this sort of mindset more strenuously. We as a nation are already divided by actual faith beliefs and practices, there is no utility in manufacturing another one.

Additionally, and again, this is all with the assumption that Alveric was kidding, I want to encourage people to be beyond reproach. You do not want to have the mer-community to become further outcast than it already is in some areas by falsely associating it with cult behaviors and threats of violence.

Vallee33, please report the theft to the applicable authorities. True, the likelihood of reclamation may be small, but perhaps your report(s) will increase awareness and prevent future thefts.

Listen, it's not as though I don't have a sense of humor, but some statements and actions serve nothing in advancing toward a goal, and then we have to ask ourselves if those statements were necessary in the first place, or if they set circumstances back.

Again, vallee33, I am sorry to learn of your losses. Thank you for sharing your story.

Sea Pearl
10-22-2012, 12:57 PM
I am sorry they took your tail and other belongings vallee33. That's horrible :(

Mermaid Dottie
10-22-2012, 01:40 PM
LOL! I was only kidding as well. (note that i mentioned the police (not that the boys in blue have given me much reason to have faith in the recently....))
I don't think anyone here would actually do that. It would be detrimental not just to the mercommunity, but also to one's one personal image.
(Also, OUaT is AMAZING! I LOVE that show.)

Mermaid Saphira
10-22-2012, 02:17 PM
First of all, please let me say that I am very sorry to learn of your loss, vallee33, especially of something so personal and that has most likely has no value to someone outside of the mermaid community. Your tail and your drawing book are extensions of your creative self. While the sting would have been no less sharp, perhaps the better angels of your nature might be more forgiving if it had been food that was stolen. I don't know.

Now to the matter of the quote.

Far be it from me to argue with Mermaid Dottie and Mermaid Saphira, and with the assumption that Alveric was most likely kidding, I can not urge against this sort of mindset more strenuously. We as a nation are already divided by actual faith beliefs and practices, there is no utility in manufacturing another one.

Additionally, and again, this is all with the assumption that Alveric was kidding, I want to encourage people to be beyond reproach. You do not want to have the mer-community to become further outcast than it already is in some areas by falsely associating it with cult behaviors and threats of violence.

Vallee33, please report the theft to the applicable authorities. True, the likelihood of reclamation may be small, but perhaps your report(s) will increase awareness and prevent future thefts.

Listen, it's not as though I don't have a sense of humor, but some statements and actions serve nothing in advancing toward a goal, and then we have to ask ourselves if those statements were necessary in the first place, or if they set circumstances back.

Again, vallee33, I am sorry to learn of your losses. Thank you for sharing your story.

No, now...I only thought it was funny! I didn't say anything about it being a good idea : /

MerAnthony
10-22-2012, 02:45 PM
I thank you all for your support and understanding. An yes I did call the police and they said that there was nothing that they can do because the stuff that was taken was of a personal nature and no money value. I was mad as hell when they told me that. But on the good news There is somebody here that posted is going to make me a new tail skin( happy happy joy joy) An all she asks for is for me to pay for the fabric and shipping. If she was here I would give her a big kiss for doing this for me.
For the past few hours this morning she and I were talking through email about getting stuff together. I may not get it till next month but I am still so happy that somebody would do this for me. Mermaid Lexia is makeing my new tail. I can't wait but I have to.

Koral
10-23-2012, 11:46 AM
I'm so happy for you - I am sure we all are!
Lexia are you a mermaid or an angel, dear?!

As for the police - what they said is wrong. But maybe you worded it wrong too. Everything has monetary value, however. The costume took fabric, which costs money. The tail had a fin more than likely, which is a lot of money. See - monetary value. The sketchbook even cost you money to get. *grumbles* Cops are bias and finicky and personally I think half of them are lazy. I had called the cops twice. First time, I called, and long story short I ended up getting literally hung up on after being given a huge attitude. Then my boyfriend called, and he got the file opened, and even got a cop to our street, and he didn't have to say or do as much as I did! As for a stolen tail, I probably would call it "theatrical costume for my work/volunteer work" because if they feel an item has a "good use" then they care a little bit more. One of my many stolen items was give or take $200 worth of makeup, and the lady I talked to acted like it was thin air stolen.

Mermaid Saphira
10-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Lexia is such an angel! You deserve wings girly! ;)

MerAnthony
10-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Saphira you are most correct. If she was here now I would give her a big hug an a big kiss for doing this for me. Now I just have to save up some money so she can get the stuff for my new tail an fast. :)

Mermaid Saphira
10-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Saphira you are most correct. If she was here now I would give her a big hug an a big kiss for doing this for me. Now I just have to save up some money so she can get the stuff for my new tail an fast. :)
I wish you the best of luck! :)

Morticia Mermaid
10-24-2012, 10:33 AM
:$ Aw, Thanks guys. I promise the only alternate appendage I have is a mermaid tail. I'm going to be ordering the fabric at the first of next month, and will get started on it as soon as I get back from Cali, assuming the fabric is in by then (which it should be). I'll make sure to post some pictures here (if that is ok with Tony- aka. vallee). I'm hoping that it will be far better than the tail that was taken, even though no tail could ever replace one. Just like everyone you care about has a special place in your heart, so does a tail. If not, then you're just not doing it right :)

MerAnthony
10-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Lexia You can post pictures till your hearts content. An I wil most assuredly have the money in your paypal account. I can't wait till I see my new tail. :)

Morticia Mermaid
10-24-2012, 01:40 PM
:) I'm glad... There is going to be a tiny surprise though ;) and I hope it ends up being a great surprise :P

Mermaid Saphira
10-24-2012, 01:41 PM
* Is probably just as intriguied by surprise as Vallee is* >.>

Koral
10-24-2012, 02:48 PM
^ same here :D

Mermaid Melusinah
10-24-2012, 02:58 PM
She's always full of surprises! Sis, you've got a big heart! ^_^

Morticia Mermaid
10-24-2012, 05:05 PM
:) I'm sure everyone will like what I've got in mind. I'll post pictures of everything after he's got it ;) Don't want to spoil the surprise

And thanks sis, I just can't help myself (>.< I seriously can't)

MerAnthony
10-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Saphira an Koral I am more than intriguied. Lexia asked me for different measurements today and she has something up her tail and I don't know what. So I found out that for her I am some kind of guinea pig for her. I'm not complaining, it's just the waiting to see what she has up her tail and what she has planned for my tail and something else. Of what I'm not sure. So I'm here thinking of what it could be for the past hour before I posted this and I'm completely comfused. The measurements she asked for was from shoulder to shoulder and under my arms. So with this in mind I have no clue and more confused. I can't wait:thinks:

Koral
10-24-2012, 05:30 PM
Ooohh, that is intriguing! A new kind of fin maybe, for the back...? Wow, I have no idea. And you have a whole month to wait in anticipation! Oh my. I do hope there's progress pictures. ;)

MerAnthony
10-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Koral I'm sittting here on pins and needles waiting. I was just thinking maybe some kind of bodysuit maybe? I'm so anxious to get this new tail and what ever she has planned.

Koral
10-24-2012, 05:39 PM
I bet Lexia is laughing at us trying to guess. :P

Morticia Mermaid
10-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Not laughing :) Just glad he is excited about it

MerAnthony
10-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Lexia I am more than excited. I guess better to explain it ( not to be sick) but that feeling you get the first time when you are intimate with a partner for the first time. If you know what I mean. Or something like that.

Morticia Mermaid
10-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Lol. Thats one way to put it :P

MerAnthony
10-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Well it was the best I could come up with. But did I make a point?

Morticia Mermaid
10-24-2012, 06:13 PM
Yep :) Sounds like you're really excited

Koral
10-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Don't raise your tail too high! *ahem* ;)

MerAnthony
10-24-2012, 06:31 PM
LOL koral:lol::thumbs-up:

Mermaid Saphira
10-24-2012, 08:16 PM
Saphira an Koral I am more than intriguied. Lexia asked me for different measurements today and she has something up her tail and I don't know what. So I found out that for her I am some kind of guinea pig for her. I'm not complaining, it's just the waiting to see what she has up her tail and what she has planned for my tail and something else. Of what I'm not sure. So I'm here thinking of what it could be for the past hour before I posted this and I'm completely comfused. The measurements she asked for was from shoulder to shoulder and under my arms. So with this in mind I have no clue and more confused. I can't wait:thinks:

Perhaps it is a merman vest?? >.> sorry if I spoil a surprise I am just guessing :$

MerAnthony
10-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Saphira at this point we are all guessing and Lexia is not giving out any information so till I get my tail and other stuff we are stuck waiting with excitement an intisapation.

Mermaid Melusinah
10-25-2012, 10:20 AM
I know what it is! *zips lips* NOT telling! But you're going to LOVE IT! :D

Morticia Mermaid
10-25-2012, 10:41 AM
Shhhh... ~duck tapes Melu's mouth shut~

MerAnthony
10-25-2012, 10:49 AM
:jawdrop::doh: OH NO!!!!

MerAnthony
10-25-2012, 10:54 AM
:jawdrop::doh: OH NO!!!!
Mermaid Melusinah you are such a tease

Koral
10-25-2012, 11:32 AM
hahaha *grabs a bin of popcorn shrimp* LOL weee this is fun to watch. :D

roamingmer
10-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Perhaps it is a reverse merman. You know body of a man and head and fins (arms) of a fish?
Or maybe the merman is sporting this years latest octopus fashion statements.

Mermaid Melusinah
10-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Shhhh... ~duck tapes Melu's mouth shut~

O_O =X *through muffled words* I WASNT GONNA SAY NUFFIN!!

>_> But seriously you're going to love it!

*runs from Lexia* :D

Mermaid Saphira
10-25-2012, 11:51 AM
this is y i dont need cable...i have all of you ;) lol

Mermaid Saphira
10-25-2012, 11:54 AM
hahaha *grabs a bin of popcorn shrimp* LOL weee this is fun to watch. :D
*steals some popcorn shrimp and runs from koral* lol

Morticia Mermaid
10-25-2012, 12:07 PM
xD ~chases after melu with more ducktape~ Shhh you

Koral
10-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Hey, bring back my amusement snack!

MerAnthony
10-25-2012, 12:21 PM
<<< hides behind BIG rock with spear for defence. Then runs and ducks for cover.

MerAnthony
10-25-2012, 12:22 PM
<<< hides behind BIG rock with spear for defence. Then runs and ducks for cover.
You mermaids love to see me squirm while waiting:doh:

Morticia Mermaid
10-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Lol. Nope :) Wish I could get your tail to you sooner, but gotta wait for materials xD

MerAnthony
10-25-2012, 12:42 PM
I know I know I have to wait:(. An I am almost betting it's going to be like when a kid opens a Chrismas presant :)

Mermaid Melusinah
10-25-2012, 01:18 PM
xD ~chases after melu with more ducktape~ Shhh you

NEVER!! :D

*runs away flailing arms wildly!*

http://denver.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw3923-129287_-_animated_apple_bloom_panic_WACKY_WAVING_INFLATABL E_ARM_FLAILING_TUBE_MARE.gif

Morticia Mermaid
10-25-2012, 01:40 PM
O.o What the... huge picture xD

Mermaid Saphira
10-25-2012, 02:04 PM
NEVER!! :D

*runs away flailing arms wildly!*

http://denver.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw3923-129287_-_animated_apple_bloom_panic_WACKY_WAVING_INFLATABL E_ARM_FLAILING_TUBE_MARE.gif

:lol:

MerAnthony
10-25-2012, 02:38 PM
LMAO Mermaid Melusinah you are such a tease.