PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Mermaid Skeleton in Pirates of the Carribbean Ride at WDW!!

WavyMermaidy
10-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Ok, so I haven't been keeping up to date with MN as much as I should, so perhaps this has been posted already (but I haven't seen it yet).

Yesterday hubby and I were at Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World (in FL). Last time I went there it was right after they overhauled PotC to add Johnny & co. into the ride. So this time I told hubby, "I wonder if they have put any mermaids into the ride since On Stranger Tides." So then we are in the first part of the ride, where you are in a cave and there is a voice saying "dead men tell no tales...". So then I hear "Jolly Sailor Bold" being sung in the background. Well then at that point you go past a beach with pirate skeletons on it, a crab, and a seagull among other things, which has always been there. Well there, in an old broken lifeboat, is the skeleton of a mermaid!!! Definitely was not there ever before. It was so cool!!!

Of course, by the time I realized what it was we were turning a corner and I had no time to snap a pic. We decided to go on the ride again later for the express purpose of getting that pic, but the ride had "technical difficulties" and they weren't able to get it up and running by the time we left the park.

Hubby and I just got annual passes to WDW so I will be sure to get one next time we are over there. Just thought that was pretty cool :)

MerEmma
10-23-2012, 11:35 AM
That is really cool! I love WDW. They always do such amazing things with their rides.

Mermaid Saphira
10-23-2012, 11:50 AM
thats awesome! I wish i could go to see it :/ to bad u didn't get to take pictures...

Cordelia
10-23-2012, 12:22 PM
That's funny! I just saw a video for this yesterday. It looked really cool!

Koral
10-23-2012, 12:24 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121021041349/pirates/images/8/88/POTCRideWDWMermaidskeleton.jpg

That skeleton? Hard to see in the image but it was the only one I found.

It also said: At the grotto scene, after guests ride past the ghostly projection at the start of the ride, a shape splashing in the water can be seen.

Mermaid Saphira
10-23-2012, 12:54 PM
cool pick!
shape splashing in the water??? Hmm...intriguing!

WavyMermaidy
10-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Yep that's the skeleton! Didn't see the splashing though :(

Mermaid Margarete
10-23-2012, 01:43 PM
That's really cool!! Another reason why I need to go to FL XD

Koral
10-23-2012, 02:12 PM
For all we know the author of the pirate-wiki footnotes was merely looking at the aftermath of one of the many "cannonball explosions." It would be AWESOME if they just made a tail animatronic that stuck out of the water splishing and splashing.

Mermaid Saphira
10-23-2012, 02:20 PM
For all we know the author of the pirate-wiki footnotes was merely looking at the aftermath of one of the many "cannonball explosions." It would be AWESOME if they just made a tail animatronic that stuck out of the water splishing and splashing.
Or even better, if there were actual woman in tails in the water ;)

Koral
10-23-2012, 02:29 PM
THat would be cool, but also potentially dangerous. I would be really scared going in the water with the threat of being pulled into those moving boats on their tracks.

Mermaid Saphira
10-23-2012, 02:39 PM
never thought about that..never been and i've never seen so I wouldn't know ;) perhaps if they set up another pool of water else where away from the tracks?

Koral
10-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Now THAT would be cool. For a while, for the amazing and presently revamped Submarine ride, they had mermaids swimming in the huge attraction in the center. I don't know if riders saw the mermaids mid-ride, but they were in there. I think everyone would adore some mermaid tanks posted at the PoTC ride!

New York Mermaid
10-23-2012, 03:47 PM
i found it, it's not the best video of the ride, but here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTnKqjisIQQ

Im planning to go this year with my hubby to disney for a day or so, Ill see if i can get some good vid of the ride, since my cam is low ligh sensitive, it makes everything lighter.

WavyMermaidy
10-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Dang, can't believe I didn't see the water effects! We'll try and go again soon too and take some video as well.

Mermaid Dottie
10-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Disney should totally hire Merbellas to sit in tanks near the PotC ride, And maybe find some California Mers for Disneyland.

Mermaid Gosalyn
10-23-2012, 06:21 PM
OMG how cool! PoTC has always been one of my favorite rides (I was so psyched when they made the first movie), so the fact that they've added mermaids is just OMG esplode! :D

My family is planning to get passes after we move, maybe we could go together sometime in mermaidy outfits and get awesome pictures!

Koral
10-23-2012, 06:30 PM
There is another video too that I found to add to the other one posted. While the first posted video better shows the light show mermaid, this one shows the skeleton really well!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbfVeHrsN0Q

WavyMermaidy
10-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Very cool to see it on video! And Gosalyn I think meeting up at Disney would be fun :)

Ashe
10-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Cool! I love it when they add new things to that ride with every movie haha! <3 POTC!!