PDA

View Full Version : 10 weeks? average?

Mermaid Aurora
10-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Hey guys, I know I havent posted in a while but I need some input. I ordered my tail 12 weeks ago, paid Stevi 10 weeks ago. I'm not upset or anything, I'm just wondering is this like normal? How long have your orders taken?

~Aurora

Ayla of Duluth
10-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Paid for my Raven tail in June and July, still waiting. I messaged AniaR on Facebook to ask her how long her tail took. Like you, I'm just wondering.

AniaR
10-24-2012, 10:42 PM
Raven's tails were halted due to silicone shortage. She posted about it several times to let people know the silicone was all back ordered and she'd be sending extras to thank people for being patient. Stevi posted several times about being very ill as well. If I didn't reply to your message- I didn't see it. FB has been extremely buggy for me.

Aurora I'd message Stevi/ email her directly.

Mizuko
10-24-2012, 11:01 PM
I also ordered a tail from Raven in August- its not the waiting that kills me, its that its so hard to get in contact with her! >< Her first email to me got lost and I received it two weeks later, so now I'm extremely paranoid that she's sending me updates and I'm not receiving them! XD lol! I hope I hear from her soon! ^_^

AniaR
10-24-2012, 11:13 PM
Raven only sends an update when the tail is assembled and starting to be painted. To make sure the paint is what you want. Otherwise, all the tails generally look the same before then. With so many orders, they'll take even longer if she has to send multiple updates to everyone. She's very flooded with emails, I helped her figure out how to organize and filter them. Right now she's sick and exhausted pulling all nighters to try and get the orders all done in order as silicone comes in, and she's stopped taking orders and isn't even sure she'll take them again for a while. She's doing every single one by herself when originally she was expecting to have an assistant. I know it sucks to have them take so long, but there's not much they can do when materials start being back ordered but keep trying to get them done in order. I think it's great both tail makers keep people up to date with their FB pages.

Winged Mermaid
10-24-2012, 11:32 PM
What Raina said! Also with Stevi she made a post about how the latex is taking forever to dry now that the weather is turning. There have been a LOT going on with both of them. But they have been keeping their pages up to date with the situations, so be sure to check them when in doubt. I was surprised when several people contacted me about waiting time worries and I told them lots of information they didn't know even though the tail makers had posted about it several times. Honestly I'm impressed with both of them for limiting or cutting off any more orders until they get caught up, and keeping their customers up to date with delays via their pages. So yeah! Again, when in doubt check all their page posts :)

Mizuko
10-24-2012, 11:40 PM
Thank you AniaR! I didn't know that she only sent out an email once she's painted it ^_^

Ayla of Duluth
10-25-2012, 12:14 AM
Oh the poor girls!
I heard that ravens silicone was on back order, but I had no idea she was working on so many tails! She should take her time and get some good nights of sleep. She definately deserves it for being such a hard worker. <3

Blondie
10-25-2012, 01:53 AM
Hey Aurora!

It's pretty normal for Stevi right now. She's just been really busy with life and orders. I ordered my tail at the beginning of June and didn't receive it till mid September. So it was roughly over three months for me probably closer to four. I know she says 6-8 weeks, but that really wasn't the case with the last batch of tails. I waited a total of 13 weeks till she finished my tail. And I paid all up front and everything. I know she's been having computer problems and every now and then the fabric isn't delivered ect...
It's a little frustrating if you believe you would have your tail in 6-8 weeks. The wait time when I ordered my tail was a maximum of five weeks at the time. So... You'll get your tail. It might be a while though...

AniaR
10-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Yeah I think in both their cases things out of their control just happened to push the wait times longer and there just isn't time to email everyone updates and excuses etc so they post it on their FB page. I know Raven recently commented that she's been in so much work mode she forgot to even take photos of the tails she's been sending out and hasn't done anything mermaidy for herself in months.

I do feel worried and bad for all the other tail makers out there. I think because of certain tail makers who have built up bad reputations it puts a lot of pressure on people to always make sure everything is perfect 100% of the time on the first try. Despite the fact we know they'd never be disrespectful like certain people, it's like we accidentally feel on the defensive simply based on experience with others. I think it's a lot of pressure for other tail makers to live up to, and I feel bad buyers have to feel so cautious and there's always that fear in the back of their minds they might get screwed over because we see so many people who do. Also, with fake tail makers popping up like weeds trying to pull Adam Martyns on everyone is certainly doesn't help.

MermaidFyre
02-27-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm not really sure when this was posted (I'm new and was just scrolling through threads) but I've waited roughly 19 weeks for mine (I ordered on Oct. 15) and still haven't gotten an update despite many times asking so...I hope you're having better luck!

AniaR
02-27-2013, 05:45 PM
yeah this is an older post from a while ago, I don't know if she ever got her tail. I know Ayla got her tail from Raven though.

MermaidFyre
02-27-2013, 05:58 PM
Yup, I figured that out literally seconds after posting- whoops! ^^ Turns out this is the same format as another forum I'm a member of *forehead smack*! Someone needs more sleep!(: