PDA

View Full Version : For All You Casting-ers out there...I found this!

Mer_Adella
10-29-2012, 05:00 PM
For anyone that wanted to paint or do anything to a tail but you had to make somekind of a mold to see how it would work with your legs in it. or I dont know what you would use it for. But my girlfriend found this on Pintrest and thought that it was something every Mer should know/try for tail making. So here is the link for the casts. Pretty simple and easy (just tape) but then i thought that you would reinforce the tape with something along the lines as filling it with plaster/fabric/papermatche etc

http://www.art-rageous.net/PackingTapeSculpture.html <---this link here :)

legs! 7353

Morticia Mermaid
10-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Nice! Great find, thanks for sharing :)

ShyMer
10-29-2012, 05:05 PM
I can think of plenty of ways to use this, nice find!

Mer_Adella
10-29-2012, 05:08 PM
no problem fellow mers i mean...thats what we are supposed to do right? lol i just gotta figure out some different ways to use them lol

Morticia Mermaid
10-29-2012, 05:17 PM
:D HOME MADE MANNEQUIN!!!! I've been needing one to use for modelling clothes and jewelry... Paint it pretty like, and you're all set! :yay:

MerAnthony
10-29-2012, 05:28 PM
That is kinda cool.

Mermaid Margarete
10-29-2012, 05:58 PM
Those look awesome! I totally want to make a full body cast and use it in some sort of practical joke. Like randomly place it on a friend's front lawn or set it just outside their closed bedroom door XD

Ashe
10-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Haha cool! Im wanting to try one of just my hand :P

Mermaid Narina
10-29-2012, 09:40 PM
:D HOME MADE MANNEQUIN!!!! I've been needing one to use for modelling clothes and jewelry... Paint it pretty like, and you're all set! :yay:

yeah, I wonder if I could make one of my hand to display jewelry? :D

Morticia Mermaid
10-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Depending on how you do it, it shouldn't be too hard

Mer_Adella
10-30-2012, 08:48 AM
Those look awesome! I totally want to make a full body cast and use it in some sort of practical joke. Like randomly place it on a friend's front lawn or set it just outside their closed bedroom door XD

ha ha what would be cool is for halloween paint a full life size skeleton with glow in the dark paint and then make a body cast of tape and then place the bones inside...it would be pretty sweet to look at.

making a cast of your hand shouldn't be too hard. each individual finger with the tape first (make sure your fingers are spread as far as you can do it comfortably) and then do your palm...making sure that the tape from your palm connects with each finger...cut from wrist to pinky (CAREFULLY) and then retape. should be easy right?