PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Sydney, Australia

hay_31
11-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Hi All,

I am from Sydney, Australia ( as the title says) and I grew up mostly near beaches. I, like everyone on here have always been fascinated by the myth of the mermaid, one favorite story being the 'Mermaid of Zennor' in the Uk.

My chosen career is as a makeup artist and I have been doing makeup in this capacity for about 12 years. In that time I have done a few mermaid makeups and made a few incomplete tails. It's where the latex covers about two thirds of the front of the legs then they are strapped into it tightly. They can't walk but can't really swim either. I have the stuff to make a complete tail and I have been asked to make or sell a few times so I guess I thought why not at least make one (for myself) and see how it turns out.

There are loads of beaches here, some where the fish will come right up to you if you have food, one beach in particular (shelley beach, Manly) would be good for an under water shoot.

Other then that I like to keep fit and healthy, love our native wildlife here, minerals and fossils, movies and anything creative. I (along with 2 friends) will also be launching a makeup and hair channel on YouTube called 'The Creative Stroke' and one of the tutorials will be a mermaid makeup I did earlier this year.

Anyway, thanks for reading guys and see you around on the forum.

Ashe
11-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Hello! Welcome to Mernetwork :) Can't wait for a new makeup/hair videos! <3

Ithilindil
11-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Welcome to Mernetwork! I will watch your channel.

dandy113
11-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Welcome :D Can't wait to see your videos.

AniaR
11-03-2012, 06:48 PM
So glad you decided to take me up on my invitation :) I shared your mermaid works here on the forum with a link to your deviantART page and just knew you'd enjoy this community! There are quite a few mermaids from down under on here, hopefully you can network with some of them. I hope you learn a lot and welcome to the site!

hay_31
11-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Thanks All :D

hay_31
11-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Thanks AniaR, I wouldnt mind to get into performing actually. I amused to the water and have snorkelled a lot so i am used to swimming in fins and being under water.

AniaR
11-03-2012, 07:17 PM
There's a few of us performers here, and a lot of recreational mers and some who'd like to get into performing. We're sort of all over the place with types of people!

Sherl
11-04-2012, 12:08 AM
Welcome! Your career as a makeup artist sounds awesome :)

-Annwyn-
11-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Looking forward to seeing your future creations, Hay_31! Your tails remind me of Mermista from Masters of the Universe! :)

hay_31
11-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Thanks Miserere girl. Aela, thank you and I dont remember that character, but in the end there had been so many.

spottedcatfish
11-04-2012, 05:13 AM
Welcome, Hay_31.

I lived in Sydney for a number of years, and I am very familiar with Shelley beach and Manly! I'd love to got back there one day, with a tail too. I'm sure I will. I hope you are able to take some wonderful pictures there. Hope you like the network.

hay_31
11-04-2012, 05:37 AM
Thanks Spottedcatfish! Yes Shelley Beach is ideal for all things Mer.

Mizuko
11-05-2012, 01:36 AM
Welcome hay_31! :D Its great that the Aussie mer community is growing! I'm down here in South Australia!

Koral
11-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Welcome! Such a beautiful tail! I think I saw some more photos over at DA too. Just... stunning! <3

You don't happen to live at 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney? ;) haha I kid, I'm just obnoxious.