PDA

View Full Version : Faeriecon

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
11-05-2012, 01:04 AM
Is anyone going to Faeriecon? It's a little bit last minute for me (up until about a month ago I didn't have a job, so I'm probably not going to be able to make it this year due to lack of funds), but when it was held in Philadelphia I did see at least one mermaid (and a satyr, an elf or two, several dryads and green men, and all kinds of faeries... I myself went as an Afrit) there.

Their wing and mask merchants are outstanding, and some big name authors and artists (Holly Black and Brian and Wendy Froud, to name just a few) have been there year after year.

http://faeriecon.com/

Winged Mermaid
11-05-2012, 02:19 AM
I won't be there, but you just reminded me that I CAN GO TO FAERIECON WEST NOW!! WOOHOO! :yay:

Mermaid Photine
11-05-2012, 01:49 PM
I really wanted to go this year, unfortunately, I cannot.

Please tell me how it goes! :D

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
11-05-2012, 03:18 PM
I really wanted to go this year, unfortunately, I cannot.

Please tell me how it goes! :D

Thus far, none of us can make it :(

ShyMer
11-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Oh gosh, I almost forgot about this! I've been wanting to go sometime, maybe I can find the excuse this year! I've never been to something like this before, so I'm not really sure when I should go or what I should do there.

Ashe
11-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Yeah sorry Joy, me neither :( I hope you have fun though! And who knows, maybe you will find a couple of us there! :)

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
11-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Oh gosh, I almost forgot about this! I've been wanting to go sometime, maybe I can find the excuse this year! I've never been to something like this before, so I'm not really sure when I should go or what I should do there.

Hmmm... it might be fun to go together next year, ShyMer. Cons are more fun as a group activity... I do want to make a Selkie costume (I'm picturing a modified gray hoodie designed to look like sealskin, maybe with the arms cut off so only "flippers" remain, and perhaps my white furry leg warmers over gray jeans) for the Good Faeries' Ball and a Ganconer one (still coming up with the design for this one) for the Bad Faeries' Ball.

@Kalani, I'm not able to make it (as I mentioned in the first post) due to not having a job for a little over a year (and only having a part time one at the moment, now that my seasonal job for Halloween is done). Besides, $95 for the total ticket passes and however much I'd spend at the wing stores there (and gas/hotel expenses) is $95 and however much plus gas/hotel expenses I can't save up for a tail or for updates to my OS for my computer so I can play WoW again, or for a replacement kindle, or for the latest deals at Drivethrurpg.com and so forth.

ShyMer
11-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Cool, we should try to plan something for next year then