PDA

View Full Version : New Fish inthe Pond..

Delphine
11-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Hi all! The name's Belle, though my mername is Delphine. I've pretty much loved all things mermaidy & faerie-eqsue since I popped out of the womb. :D I'm particularly fascinated by things part human, or human-like, with special powers or abilities a regular human would never have (like a selkie's wonderful ability to swim as a seal or walk on land as a human). I bet most here love the water, and I'm no exception. Although I'm not so into going in the ocean super far from the shore, I do enjoy swimming, be it in pools, lakes, or beaches. I find the smell of the sea calming, as the sounds and the feel of sand. Hm, what else.. Well, sadly, I have no tail yet. :$ It is in progress, as I am quite a few months in on my tail project, in hard core research since May. I've decided I want an opalescent tail, with fins of a combination between the feathery fins of the Betta/Siamese Fighting Fish & the flowy-fluked goldfish. Oh, I'm an artist. Haha, so I've done a lot of sketching & designing of the tail.. The icon thing is just one of many sketches, this one's painted with gouache. It is a newer media for me that I've adopted into my bag of art supplies to play with. I'm currently a student (and working @.@), am my mermaid-self is to be part of my senior thesis (the tail, & a performance in it will be a whole lotta fun!). A couple works from the project are on my online art gallery (http://iwstudios.deviantart.com). Feel free to check it out, I should put more shots of the on-going project on there for all to see!

Morticia Mermaid
11-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Welcome! Sounds like you've got your tail project pretty under control. Excited to see the finished project :)

Delphine
11-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks Mermaid Lexia! Haha.. it's getting there. Yeah, it'll feel amazing to have Project Delphine be successful and accomplished.

Sherl
11-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum! Love your idea of a tail, I checked out your deviantart and what you do is so unique :) do post pictures when you get your tail done!

AniaR
11-25-2012, 01:37 AM
I musta missed this post, but so glad you took up my invite to join, I think you'll find a lot of help here

MerAnthony
11-25-2012, 08:57 AM
Like you Raina I think I missed this one LOL. Welcome and enjoy your stay.

Be Happy Swim Free.

Mermaid Cascada
11-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Welcome :)

Ashe
11-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Welcome! I read your article that Malinghi posted, sounds wonderful and I wish you good luck :)

SeaGlass Siren
11-25-2012, 11:28 AM
welcome :D

Odette
11-25-2012, 12:20 PM
hello! nice to meet you! good luck with your tail, Delphine.

Merrow Fair Isle
11-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Welcome!! I hope you find new friends and a ton of inspiration here!

Delphine
11-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Hey, Raina! Do you prefer to be called Raina or AniaR on here? Now that I think about it, I've used both on here. That's fine, I'm glad you still replied. Yes, it has been awesome to have a community to talk with, share questions and ideas. ^__^

Miserere girl, thank you for your generous words. I'm glad you find something to enjoy in my artwork. I'll be updating my Kickstarter with pictures, perhaps I can add some here.

And to Vallee, Mermaid Cascada, Kalani, mermaidandrea, Odette, and Merrow Fair Isle, thank you for your welcoming words and the good luck! I am finding both help and inspiration in MerNetwork, and am grateful to be part of the wonderful community, here. :)