PDA

View Full Version : Crazt idea: Blending

Mermaid Saphira
11-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Okay, so this is a bit random and I am not sure if what I post is even going to make sense but I just have to share this idea....

Everymer wants their tail to look more realistic and I for one love the idea of blending your tail into your skin, but you can only make it look so blended.
I was thinking about this for awhile the other day when I came up with the idea of some how sewing nude colored nylons onto the waist of your tail's fabric. All you would have to do after you attatch it is paint colors that match your tail up and blend. You could even add sequins to the nylon to make your tail look like it comes out of your skin. Am I making sense? No? Okay, well maybe these (crappy) pictures will help clear things up....

Fabric tail...

Sequin tail...

So, if you can make any of this out, what did you think?? :)

Mermaid Cascada
11-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Totally makes sense!!! You're like a mad genius. And you're pics. look great.

Mermaid Saphira
11-08-2012, 03:01 PM
^ LOL thanQ! I wasn't sure if I was making any sense or not :P lol

Mermaid Saphira
11-08-2012, 03:05 PM
*cough* ah..the title is suppose to say Crazy not Crazt XD my keyboard acts sorta wacky sometimes o.O

AniaR
11-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Nylons just have a nasty habit of tearing super easily

Mermaid Saphira
11-08-2012, 03:09 PM
yeah, that is one concern I had :(

Mermaid Photine
11-08-2012, 06:08 PM
I've done the second with a nude lycra. I painted all the scales onto it so it looks like the scales are coming out of my skin underneath. It works pretty well, but I think I'll still wear a belt with it because it gaps a little in the back when I move. I'll put up some photos eventually- probably once I makes some mer accessories! ^_^

Blondie
11-08-2012, 07:52 PM
The only thing would be getting your exact skin color. And if you tan that would mess it all up :\

Spindrift
11-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Firemaid's tail and Celine's seem to be holding up alright. They both use the nude fabric at the top of tail technique, I think.

Mer_Adella
11-09-2012, 08:33 AM
what about using the nude colored bathingsuit liner? its stretchy like swimsuit material and it does come in different colors. plus i didn't realize this but if you can find an exact match to your skin color, (my mom showed me this last night i need to get a name for the fabric) she attached some sequins and painted it and then put it around her arm because it matched her skin better than mine. when she submerged it under water it was as if you couldn't see the fabric at all! all you could see was the paint and sequins. its was pretty neat

Mermaid Saphira
11-09-2012, 09:27 AM
what about using the nude colored bathingsuit liner? its stretchy like swimsuit material and it does come in different colors. plus i didn't realize this but if you can find an exact match to your skin color, (my mom showed me this last night i need to get a name for the fabric) she attached some sequins and painted it and then put it around her arm because it matched her skin better than mine. when she submerged it under water it was as if you couldn't see the fabric at all! all you could see was the paint and sequins. its was pretty neat

ooo yes! That is the perfect idea! why didn't I think of that, I was just looking st some online :doh: LOL
Putting the fabric on your arms is a mermazing idea as well...I would love to try that w/ my new tail :D

Mermaid Photine
11-09-2012, 05:46 PM
ooo yes! That is the perfect idea! why didn't I think of that, I was just looking st some online :doh: LOL
Putting the fabric on your arms is a mermazing idea as well...I would love to try that w/ my new tail :D

That's the stuff I used. I found it from either spandexhouse or spandex world. I can't remember which. :)

Mermaid Saphira
11-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Awesome! do you have pictures? If you don't mind sharing of course :)

Mermaid Photine
11-09-2012, 08:12 PM
I don't...yet. I want to make some mer accessories, then I'll see if I can get some photos done.

Mermaid Saphira
11-10-2012, 08:50 AM
^ I understand! good luck w/ ur mer accesories :3

Coradion
11-10-2012, 04:19 PM
You can try what I did, I just took an old speedo that matched the color of my tail and added a two inch lip of silicone around the edge that matches the silicone pattern of the top of my tail.

Mermaid Saphira
11-10-2012, 04:24 PM
If that works for you :) I am just throwing ideas around

Mermaid Petronella
11-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Good Idea! I have 2 different videos of how I blend my tail;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFekry6ZMRc&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55KDZLE4cGs&feature=plcp

Mermaid Saphira
11-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Good Idea! I have 2 different videos of how I blend my tail;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFekry6ZMRc&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55KDZLE4cGs&feature=plcp

I saw them! You did a mermazing job on the gold tail, genius idea!