PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

seagirls626
11-13-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm kinda new here and I would like to introduce myself! Well, first of all, this is a shared account. Meaning that me and my best friend use it together.

Well, right now, this is Fiona typing.
Whenever people hear my name, they say "Oh, like from Shrek!" and I'm like :mad:. I know I should be proud that my name is also shared with a more warrior-princess then just shy and wimpy, but still, it annoys me! I was named BEFORE Shrek existed! Well anyway, I'm very proud of my name.

So, I've always and I mean ALWAYS loved mermaids and I DESPERATELY wanted to be one when I was really little. So, I watched things like The Little Mermaid, and Aquamarine, and Splash, but it wasn't until last year that I became completely obsessed with them because I had discovered H2o Just add Water. I introduced H2O to my BMFF (best mer friend forever), Elena (who I share this account with) and, so, we both became obsessed. We then found out that you can also be a mermaid by making or buying a tail, and that got us both really excited. So then we skyped everyday for eight or so months planing to make a mermaid tail ourselves. (We had looked at lot of mer makers and decided that it would be best to make one.) Since I used to be a competitive figure skater, I got to go back to the U.S last summer for training. (Incase your wondering, I currently live in Geneva, Switzerland and my Dad is hoping to get a job back in the U.S soon.) So, last summer, Elena and I got together whenever i didn't have training to make our tails. We had both already gotten our monofins and finished making and painting our tails within a week. We swim in them whenever we get the chance now! After I got back to Switzerland, I showed my family my tail. The look on their faces was priceless! They never thought I would do it and thought it was just a phase! Well, I showed them!
So now, I switched to ballet cause i realized that figure skating wasn't really my thing, and I plan on switching to ice dancing when we move back to the U.S cause theres no ice dancing in Switzerland. I'm very happy with my choice and now I have more time for school work (I'm home schooled BTW), and I am currently filming my own mini-series about mermaids with Elena and my little sister. I'll make a new thread about it later.

In the future, I hope to become a marine biologist, and I hope to win the Olympics in ice dancing.
I am also getting a half-silicone half neoprene tail from Fish Butts this Christmas! EEEEEEKKKK!!!!!!!

I think this is one of the best websites I have ever known! I think I've finally found who I am and it's all thanks to you guys!

Happy Swimming!

~Fiona

MerAndrew
11-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Hi, welcome to the forum.

Ashe
11-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Welcome to Mernetwork! :)

seagirls626
11-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Thanks!

Mermaid Saphira