PDA

View Full Version : Nice to Meetcha :-D

Merrow Fair Isle
11-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Hello Mer Community!

My name is Erin , mer-name Merrow Fair Isle...and I am so excited to finally join you officially after "lurking, learning, and lovin' it" for the past several months. You can read about my mer- name, back story etc on my profie, but here is the short version:

Fair Isle is a rocky island North of Scotland, and "Merrow" is common gaelic for merfolk"...being of Irish and Scottish descent I thought it worked nicely. My mer home are the cold waters of the North and Irish Seas, where the dark water holds many secrets (including the secret to a perfect corned beef!).

I currently reside in Eastern PA, though I grew up in Ponte Vedra Bch , Florida. Growing up, my family tried to avoid the tourist-heavy beaches,and instead we frequented the many springs of the Ocala National Forest. To this day Silver Glen is one of my most favorite places on earth.

As of right now I am swimming "tailess" ...using a monfin only. I have been researching tailmakers and coming up with painting and persona concepts,the entire time just COMPLETELY in awe of all the amazing things being done by pros and homebased tail-ors. You guys are amazing...did you know that??!! Every single one of you just inspires me in a way difficult to put into words. Anyway, currently my theme is celtic...hunter green tail,with oxblood accents, ripped tarten shreds with pearls, kelp and shell adornment in my hair and belt

Merrow Fair Isle
11-15-2012, 08:16 PM
sorry...tablet died mid intro. *laughs*

I so look forward to getting to know all of you! Thanks for having me!

Ashe
11-15-2012, 08:37 PM
Welcome to the forum! I think we've all had technology problems a little too many times haha! Nice to meet you and I hope you get your tail soon, it sounds wonderful! :) Btw, I LOVE your avatar, so adorabubble! Get it? AdoraBUBBLE? Haha I'm lame :D

MerAnthony
11-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Welcome and enjoy. :)

Be Happy Swim Free

MerAndrew
11-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Hi, Erin and Andrea wow that is cool and welcome to the forum.

SeaGlass Siren
11-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Hello andrew :)

MerAndrew
11-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Oh hi andrea, nice to meet you.:)

AniaR
11-15-2012, 09:22 PM
welcome to the mernetwork!

Ashe
11-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Hi Andrea! Honestly not trying to be rude at all, but you could have made your very own Introduce Yourself thread :)

Spindrift
11-15-2012, 11:26 PM
@Kalani: She said she didn't know how to make a new thread.
@Andrea: Go to: http://mernetwork.com/index/forumdisplay.php?7-Introduce-Yourself then click on Post New Thread. If you can't find it use Ctrl+F and type in "post new thread".
@Erin: Your mersona and theme is interesting and sounds like it will work really well together! I look forward to seeing your work :)

To all: Welcome to the forum!

Merrow Fair Isle
11-16-2012, 02:08 AM
Thanks all...and thank you Kalani for the compliment on my avatar. I am a plus-sized lady, and size possitive about it. While swimming with a monofin has definitely helped refine my shape ( 30lbs gone since August 12th) , I will always be a plumpie. And I' m very cool with that. Love whatcha got. I really love that based on what I've seen of the community, that it seems very size possitive. It's encouraging to see tailmakers offering things like higher waisted desighs and fuller coverage tops so that we ALL can feel beautiful. <3

SeaGlass Siren
11-16-2012, 06:45 AM
Lol yeah didn't figure it out until after xD I thought that this was the official thread cuz it appeared first on my news perhaps when I get the chance I'll do a proper one xD

Thanks spindrift ;)

SeaGlass Siren
11-16-2012, 08:58 AM
well GOD BLOODY HELL the dumb forum deleted my intro thread Dx ughhhhhhhh......... *insert profanity here*

edit: ok i did it, and i removed my post here so it's in a proper thread now. :) thanks for putting up with me guys haha ^^'

Sea Pearl
11-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Welcome Erin :) Nice to meet you.