PDA

View Full Version : HA I DID IT I FIGURED IT OUT! ok proper introduction time.

SeaGlass Siren
11-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Greetings! You can call me Andrea, I very much like my name and I couldn't come up with a clever one... so Andrea will have to do.

I'm a Canadian born Vietnamese (but I don't act very Asian, so I view myself as just Canadian). There isn't a lot of mermaid stories in Vietnam.. a lot are borrowed from Europe .__.

Where I live it's all... dare I say it? *coughjerseyshorecesspoolinthewoodscough* so no lakes, rivers, steams, or ponds in my area. There IS Lake Ontario though, but it's polluted... :(
I wish I could say "I swim in cold water and think I'm an arctic mermaid," but unfortunately that is not true, and I love my sun and I need my heat. Yes.
I make a lot of Asian jokes, just putting that out there (would it be considered racist if i make jokes about my own race? hm...) :rolleyes:

Why have i joined the mernetwork? er well let's see here... i was aware of the network previously but i felt that i was not ready to join the community or be associated with a group because.. well I've joined other groups in the past based on personal interest (we liked a certain singer) and that didn't work out too well haha ^^' a lot of them were fan-girly n stuff... i digress.
I love mermaids. Ever since i was but a wee lass in a cradle. My mother exposed me to Disney's the little mermaid, and i wanted to be a mermaid for all the wrong reasons (to party under the sea with Sebastian)! Nevertheless, i was always interested about the ocean. so that's one reason why i joined.
I love dolphins. When i reached grade three i came across the 'dolphin diaries' series from Scholastic. I learned so much about dolphins and they were cute, so because of that (very shallow) reason that they were cute, they were my favourite (aside from them being intelligent). Then one day in the 6th grade my dad was telling me one of his stories about him fleeing Vietnam since he was a boat person. I knew that he fled Vietnam via boat, but he didnt tell me the other part because he didn't think it was too important; he was rescued by a pod of dolphins. I say the word "rescued," but really all he did was "steer the boat and followed them to Malaysia," but "rescued" sounds a lot better don't you think? (And then, in the 12th grade I came across the Cove documentary by OPS and I felt that I had to do something to save them because they technically saved my dad.) So more excuse for me to love the ocean because they've got dolphins, and more excuse for me to train to become an awesome professional mermaid(er)? Yes.

I paint, read, sew (really, just hem clothes), cruise around the inter-webs, and daydream. I listen to music.. but it has to be specific music. As of recently i've gotten into Kamelot, Nightwish (I listen to Tarja and Anette both ok la don't bash me ;__;), Linkin park (old and new school), Disney music (old school ones from way back in the day, not the new teeny bopper ones), Phantom of the Opera, Backstreet boys, Kerli, Tokio Hotel, Kaskade, Late Night Alumni.... Miyavi, Gackt.... hm... yeah just about everything (but I'm very picky about that "everything".. ironic.)

I'm 21. And i still act like a child. No shame? No shame.

That's all i really have to say about me. if you want to know more about me.. well you'll just have to see and then base your opinions about me that way. I've written too much anyway.

(Mid-writing the window closed on me, thank god for auto save...)

SLOBBERY KISSES FOR EVERYBODEH!

Ashe
11-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Glad you found it haha! Welcome to Mernetwork an I hope you have a fun time here with us :)

SeaGlass Siren
11-16-2012, 09:50 AM
haha thankyou kalani :)

AniaR
11-16-2012, 09:55 AM
Yay for more Canadians! woo woo!

ShyMer
11-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Your post gave me the chuckles :) Nice to have you here!

SeaGlass Siren
11-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Hi shymer :) glad it made you chuckle lol !

Merrow Fair Isle
11-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Welcome , my dear!

Sea Pearl
11-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Welcome to MerNetwork! Glad to have you join us :)

SeaGlass Siren
11-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Thankyou so much guys! :D I look up to you guys do much, I've always wanted to be a part of a community of merpeople and I think you guys are the best!

SekhmetsSiren
11-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Welcome. Your introduction made me smile as well.:) Glad you found the mernetwork.

Mermaid Melusinah
11-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Egad! You are bubbley one!! Welcome! I LOVE your intro! Made me smile! :D

Blondie
11-16-2012, 04:53 PM
Welcome welcome! :D Yay Linkin Park fans xDDD

SeaGlass Siren
11-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Melusinah and Sekhmet, (damn those are awesome usernames...) I'm glad it made you guys smile :)
Melusinah, although i appear bubbly, i have the biggest potty-mouth. yes? yes.... only when i'm angry or when i feel strongly about something. i'm not usually this bubbly, i'm just happy i joined a community of merpeople. :)

Hi blondie! :D you a linkin park fan too?

Mermaid Melusinah
11-16-2012, 05:26 PM
Then we are similar in that sense you and I ^_^ Possible friendship? *taps chin pondering* only time can tell!

You mentioning Nightwish made me think of some one perhaps you might take interest to. Granted, we just met so I don't know your life (*insert "Bitch you dont know my life" clip from Baby Mama here*) but hey its worth a shot! Do you like metal? Yes? I hope so... cause that would make you even more supremely awesome sauce. *head nod* right. Van Cantos. Acapella Metal band. youtube! *zooms away to go listen herself*

Morticia Mermaid
11-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Welcome to the network :)

SeaGlass Siren
11-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Lol! I will befriend anyone :3 I'm just slowly sinking into symphonic metal. I'm getting into amaranthe too. Not a big metal babe though i don't think I can call myself a full metal fan lol

I just accepted your friend request :3

seagirls626
11-17-2012, 05:54 AM
Hey! Welcome! Hope you have a fin-tastic time here! :D