PDA

View Full Version : Underwater Mermaid Filming.

Mermaid Petronella
11-18-2012, 02:11 PM
This is my cousin and I swimming in our fabric tails that we made in her pool. It's only our second time, so we haven't fully grasped the concept of how to swim in it. I know allot of people like myself like watching other mermaids swimming so I thought I'd share it with you. Any tips, advice or comments are welcome :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stk_U8dHLGo&feature=youtu.be

Mermaid Celissa
11-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Awesome! I saw this a bit earlier. Love it!

Ashe
11-18-2012, 08:07 PM
Cute tails! You all look great :)

Mermaid Allie
11-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Awesome!!

Mermaid Petronella
11-19-2012, 03:32 AM
Thankyou Everyone! I'm saving, saving, saving for the day I can get a silicone tail. :)

seagirls626
11-19-2012, 04:20 AM
Do you want a full silicone tail? Or a half one? If you want a half one, than you can get one at fish butts for less then $500 :)
Or do you want a tail more like merbellas?

Gem Stone
11-19-2012, 09:15 AM
Did using only your knees to kick like that actually get you anywhere? When I used to try it, it felt like I was swimming in jello. I couldn't get hardly any propulsion from that. The video was cute though. I liked how flowy the tails were

Mermaid Petronella
11-20-2012, 04:17 AM
@Gemstone, I think it took me 5 minutes to get from one side of the pool to the other! haha!
@Seagirls626 I want to keep saving for a full silicone, I'm worried about what other materials are in a half one, also about how long it would last.

Elle
11-20-2012, 06:46 AM
provided you take care of it well there shouldn't be an issue. My partner does kite boarding and his wetsuit is going on 3 years and besides the brand prints flaking, it's still in really good condition.

Mermaid Petronella
11-20-2012, 03:57 PM
I would take care of it, I'll look into it :)
We did some more swimming yesterday, it was freezing in the pool but fun. I just finished making my swimshirt that matches my tail so I wanted to swim in it! :)
We didn't get much footage but here it is :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXf0WWKKYp8&feature=plcp

Mermaid Narina
12-17-2012, 04:47 AM
aha you often end up as the thumbnail on my videos and i often end up on yours! :P

New York Mermaid
12-17-2012, 12:37 PM
The reason its called partial silicone is because she uses neoprene on the inside of the tail instead of it being full silicone inside. Shes using dragonskin on all her partial and full silicone tails which is very durable its also used by other tailmakers like raven and mvd as well. There wont be any flaking at all and it will last a long time.