PDA

View Full Version : How to tell how you're moving?

Thalassa
11-18-2012, 08:32 PM
I see all these lovely videos of mers, and they're doing flourishes and moving very well in the water. I try these things, but I'm just not sure how they look! My first thought was to get an underwater camera and film myself...but then I don't have anyone to hold the camera... I wish I could afford some sort of underwater mirror to see how I'm moving, but that's not happening. I do my best to practice moves on land, but of course the buoyancy of the water makes things different.

So. How do you tell if you're moving well? I don't want to practice these things "wrong" and get them in my muscle memory looking awkward.

Any info is appreciated! :)

AniaR
11-18-2012, 08:35 PM
I have a mini tripod I put my camera on to stick underwater so I didn't always have to rely on someone else :)

Mermaid Celissa
11-18-2012, 08:36 PM
1 Set an underwater camera on a stair in the pool.
2 Swim in front of it.
3 Watch the footage!

Thalassa
11-18-2012, 08:38 PM
I guess because I don't have a camera yet, I wasn't sure if it would...float. XD Guess that answers that question! :-)

Gem Stone
11-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Thts a good idea! I was planning Gon having my mom get a life whatever water proof case for her iPhone and get some scuba gear on to film me. I'll try the stool and underwater camera first though.

Koral
11-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Oh I know the answer to this one! Get an underwater camera. Then, have miss Koral hold it for you.

telzey.amberdon
11-19-2012, 07:37 PM
You know you are doing well when the dolphins stop laughing. Really, you are doing well when you come up a good distance from where you started.

Thalassa
11-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Thank you all for your advice! I've got an underwater camera now, so hopefully I'll come up with come pictures/video soon. :-)