PDA

View Full Version : Forum Participation from a Tablet Device...

Merrow Fair Isle
11-19-2012, 01:33 AM
just wondering ...

I tend to do must of my forum stuff from a tablet runnjng Android ICS. I have noticed that I am unable to go back and correct mistakes/typos, or even add text below an image I have uploaded. The curser just refuses to go whereI ask.. it's liveable, obviously, but annoying. Was just wondering if other tablet users have a problem. I ask iOS users as well, as my husband and I are planning on purchasing a second tablet during holiday sales. If iPad users don't have the same issue, we may go that route. He will take the Asus Trans Prime , and I'll get the iPad. If iOS has similar issues however, we would get another Asus as we prefer Android. I'm not a "techy" girl, so figured I would put it out to the masses and get opinions.

Thanks in advance, and if you see excessive typos or general typing weirdness in any of my posts, know I'm not trying to purposefully drive you nuts.
*laughs*

Azurin Luna
11-19-2012, 02:24 AM
I use an iPad and I only have had one problem so far and that was that the page didn't display correctly, but after emptying the browser history everything became normal again. I also use the normal display, not the mobile device display. Hope this helps :)

Merrow Fair Isle
11-19-2012, 02:32 AM
I'm also using full-site display, switched b/c I thought that perhaps that was the issue...also tryed using the "Go Advanced" option for replying to threads. Neither change was the fix I was looking for. I'm wonderiing if it's just thr Android op system. Hopefuly a few more folks will wiegh in over the next few days , and I'll have more of an idea what to do . Thanks for your response! <3

Winged Mermaid
11-19-2012, 08:50 AM
I don't own a tablet, so I have no idea. However I've heard other users having success using a different browser. Also the forum is TapaTalk enabled, and they just released TapaTalk HD for Android Tablets: http://androidcommunity.com/tapatalk-hd-for-android-tablets-released-as-open-beta-20121008/ It's in beta right now though. Still people who have TapaTalk [for their smart phones] say that they love it. May be worth looking into :)

Gem Stone
11-19-2012, 09:09 AM
I use an iPad and I personally like it even more then my computer. Every now and then I use tapatalk, but it's easier for me to just go straight to the web page. I have no issues whatsoever once I learned how to post photos from my iPad.

telzey.amberdon
11-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Does anybody make waterproof tablets?

malinghi
11-19-2012, 09:44 PM
The forum software if vBulletin, so its possible that the problem could occur on other forums as well. You could try joining another forum that uses vBulletin and posting there to see if the problem occurs. If it doesn't then the problem is probably unique to MerNetwork.

Here's a list of them: http://rankings.big-boards.com/?filter=vBulletin,all