PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Competitor Monofin?

The Young Mermaid
11-19-2012, 09:08 AM
What is the cheapest competitor monofin you have found? I found this one
http://www.freedivinginstructors.com/proshop/gear?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=35&category_id=1

But I was hoping for something cheaper. Where do you get yours? And does a rapid or wave monofin work and look nice too?

Gem Stone
11-19-2012, 09:30 AM
I love my rapid and I got it for about forty or fifty dollars from someone of off mernetwork who was getting a bigger one. I can't help you with the competitor because all the ones I've found are two hundred and up

Ayla of Duluth
11-19-2012, 10:54 AM
That's actually not a real competitor fin hun, it's a model 1 monofin from waterway.

Mermaid Fenicia
11-19-2012, 02:30 PM
Or a sports monofin from Leaderfin ;) That's what i use and I love to swim with it ;)

The Young Mermaid
11-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Can I buy from leaderfin in the states?

Mermaid Fenicia
11-19-2012, 06:42 PM
http://www.leaderfins.com/ <= there website ;) and it's this one (http://www.leaderfins.com/product.php?id_product=246) in yellow (it's actually clear/white) that I have ;) and there send then everywhere that's needed ;)

Mermaid Allie
11-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Im pretty sure thats about as cheap as it gets for a fiberglass fin. Those things are pricey!!! I'm in the same dilemma as you actually, but I think i'm just gonna go with a wave and use tin snips to get those annoying ridges off it :p haha. Since i'm getting a fish butts silicone mermaid tail,and thats expensive for a 15 year old (I know its an AMAZING price for a silicone tail but mum and dad don't lolz) I don't really want to spend that extra money!!

The Young Mermaid
11-19-2012, 08:18 PM
No kidding! That is cool that you are getting a silcone tail. I want one! :) I am planning ona neoprene one. :) I am thinking about just spending the money.

MermaidBrittany
11-20-2012, 12:41 AM
I got a wave and used it by itself for awhile, but when I put it in a tail I just cut the ridges off so its a bit harder to notice under the fabric. :)
As far as competitor monofins go (specifically) the cheapest ones I have found are on ebay at around $220.

Mermaid Marissa
06-11-2013, 09:44 PM
That's actually not a real competitor fin hun, it's a model 1 monofin from waterway.

What do you mean? I don't get the difference between the different kinds of competitor sized monofins.

Seyani
06-19-2013, 06:26 PM
What do you mean? I don't get the difference between the different kinds of competitor sized monofins.

Well I think what she means is.. There are different type of brands of Monofins, alot of manufacturers.
One of the popular manufacturer is Finis and they have a model type called the "Finis Competitor" And that's the one that's being used often in tails.
The one you found was a "Model 1" monofin from the manufacturer "Waterway" :3 Which is a cheaper fin to start with than the Competitor from Finis.

Disfusional
06-28-2013, 09:51 PM
I have a Waterway, Model 1 Medium Stiffness Monofin and love love love it!!!