PDA

View Full Version : Wonder Woman themed Tail...Oh yes, it' s happening!

Merrow Fair Isle
11-21-2012, 12:58 AM
while looking for spandex for my fabric tail , I came across a fabric too fabulous to pass up. Royal Blue...white stars... Could it be??? Could I even pull this off??..and an " OH HECK YES!!!!!!" was heard. And there were angels singing, and free cotton candy , and puppies....

So I bought it, along with red spandex, gold spandex, red and blue corregated lame' for flowy fins and gold roping. I also purchased a second monofin, so this suckermuffin will be swimable

Red and gold corseted top, blue and white star tail with blue fluke fading to red edges and pearlescent gold tips... gold belt with lasso of truth, will make armcuffs and crown as well...the whole kit n kaboodle. That's where my head is...and if this actually works out would consider having Stevi try making it in partial silicone. I'm so flippn' excited I can't even express !!

devilkitten1
11-21-2012, 01:15 AM
Oh my gosh! That sounds brilliant! Post lots of pictures because that's going to be aN awesome tail

Blondie
11-21-2012, 01:24 AM
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS! You should complete the package with a top like hers and a wig xD That would be wonderful!

Merrow Fair Isle
11-21-2012, 01:30 AM
thats the plan, iblondie!!! I bought fabrics for my more "traditional" tail as well, but I just haaaaad to try making a WW tail one I happened upon the star fabric. I practically lived in my wonder woman underoos as a kid.

I actually am going to make the corseted style WW top by covering the foundation garment from my wedding 3 years ago. Its the right shape, surprisingly comfy, and would be far easier than making one from scratch.Just the thought of fabricating a full corset with molded cups is enough to make cry ! *lol*

MerAnthony
11-21-2012, 08:42 AM
When I was growing up I used to watch the show all the time not because of Linda Carter who played Wonder Woman but because she was a super hero. But to see a tail like her iconic outfit with the corset and all would be neet. Now this I have to see. Plus I think it is a fantastic idea. Be sure to post pictures.

Ashe
11-21-2012, 10:51 AM
This is going to be... wait for it... AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Haha so can't wait for pictures :)

AniaR
11-21-2012, 11:34 AM
do. it. up :D

SeaGlass Siren
11-21-2012, 12:28 PM
totally cannot wait to see this!!! omg we should totally come up with our own cosplaying mermaid tail/getup o-o

Morticia Mermaid
11-21-2012, 01:45 PM
O.o Weird... I was totally thinking up ideas for an Aquaman tail yesterday

Odette
11-21-2012, 02:05 PM
haha. do iiit!!

SeaGlass Siren
11-21-2012, 07:09 PM
odette, you should totally go as a mermaid swan princess... given your name n such x)

Usagi
12-01-2012, 05:10 AM
That sounds awesome! I've been trying to design a Harley Quinn-inspired tail(:

Winged Mermaid
12-01-2012, 05:23 AM
Legen.......dary!

Thalassa
12-01-2012, 10:27 AM
I can't wait to see this! WW (the original) was before my time, but I just rediscovered the original WW and I love it. ;-P

spottedcatfish
12-01-2012, 02:03 PM
This sounds awesome! I can't wait to see the results.

Merrow Fair Isle
12-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Thanks guys...will try to post concept art and pics of the fabric. I am so excited.

Mermaid Wesley
12-02-2012, 05:09 PM
OMG I NEED TO SEE THIS :D

Mermaid Saphira
12-07-2012, 11:58 AM
this sounds so awesome! I wish u the best of luck and I can't wait 2 c it ;)

Mermaid Danielle
12-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Sounds sweet! Can't wait to see it!

Odette
12-28-2012, 12:37 PM
odette, you should totally go as a mermaid swan princess... given your name n such x)
haha!! everybody has said that!Ii haven't seen the swan princess in a long time. ill totally do it tho.someday :highfive:

SeaGlass Siren
12-28-2012, 02:53 PM
or even swan lake ;0 squally pretty!

Neria
01-01-2013, 08:36 PM
This tail sounds EPIC. Can't wait to see pictures!

drucilla
01-31-2013, 02:54 AM
I Have To See This!!! When you are done pleeeeease post pics!! lol It will be EPIC!

Merrow Fair Isle
06-17-2013, 01:12 AM
Hello all...I know I have been away for while.

Wonder Woman tail is still in the works, but on hold at the moment...the reason being I am losing weight too fast. I started swimming in August and when I decided to make the tail, I had already lost like 30lbs. I am now down 96lbs. The tail pattern I cut from my star spandex previously is far to large, and rather than have to keep re-making it , I decided to wait until my weight loss slows down a bit.

My original plan for the top was to cover the bustier I wore as my wedding under-garment. Well hat no longer fits AT ALL, as it is a size 22/24 and I am now a 12/14....so the work done on that was kind of wasted. The plan is to still use that idea : covering a bustier in red spandex with gold accents...but again, am just waiting. I'm not complaining at all. There are worse problems to have than losing weight and getting healthier. I have 60lbs to go to my goal....and at this rate It will be in full production mode by Christmas.

Thank you for being patient. I should try and upload pics of my fabric swatches at least so you can see the idea with the fabrics all together...and maybe will find a tail template to use and draw it out for you guys. My brother, who is a visual artist actually has helped me refine my idea a bit from the " gem in the rough" idea I posted here when it first came to me.

We have also discussed a tail/cosplay concept for my giant husband ( he is 6'9") based on the HULK. ( Yes ...I got my husband into mermaiding now. He's hooked...with a dream of owning one of Jesse's spiny tails once he is ready to purchase a silicone tail.)

Anyway, i have babbled enough!

Hugs to all!

Ariadne
06-17-2013, 10:02 AM
Okay, now I just have to ask this...what have you been doing to lose weight? I have about 30 extra pounds I need to lose and have not had much success! And congratulations!

Merrow Fair Isle
06-17-2013, 11:34 PM
Thank you. I started out losing weight just from swimming with my Monofin. I am partially disabled and unable to exercise normally, so the only time I can really exercise WELL is when I am in the water. As I started losing weight my back pain from my disability felt better...so I cut our all processed and pre-packaged foods, foods sweetened artificially, and started drinking a TON of just water or fruit infused water everyday. I drink nothing else, really. I eat balanced meals, all from scratch. I didn't eliminate any food group or type specifically ( like carbs, dairy, or gluten...I eat some of everything!). I even bake now and again...like, if I am really jonesing for a cookie, I BAKE cookies so I know exactly what is in them. I also started taking an all natural dietary supplement to help boost my metabolism and help me with cravings. It's called ACE. I don't sell it ...but if you DO look to buy it, do not buy it off of Amazon or ebay. The pills on those sites are knock-offs and not legit. REAL ACE can only be purchased from a distributor/consultant and there are plenty of consultants out there. ( If interested I could give info from my distributor, but didn't want this to come off as me trying to sell it, because I am not at all. Just letting you know my regimen ). I make sure that I eat at least 1500 calories a day, eat normal portions, and snack on veggies. My weekends are all mine...I eat whatever I want on Saturday and Sunday. That's pretty much it.

you look gorgeous by the way... :-) If you need to lose 30lbs, they must be hiding from everyone in your avatar pic! <3

Mermaid Kalliope
06-18-2013, 01:24 AM
This is going to be... wait for it... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Totally just heard that in Rainbow Dash's voice. Hahaha XD

Mermaid Kalliope
06-18-2013, 01:34 AM
Good for you, Merrow! ^_^ I've been reading up on other bigger mer's stories of weight loss. My roommate and I are trying to find a good balance for her to help her lose weight and up her health. :-)

At your rate, you'll be WW in no time! *high fin* Keep it up! I believe in you! *cheers* :yay: :thumbs-up: :highfive:

Ariadne
06-18-2013, 11:48 AM
Awwww, thank you Miss Merrow! You're so sweet...that pic is from two years and 20 lbs ago, lol! I use it because it's the last time I made it to the beach and also to remind me what I can get back to if I work at it. Thank you for the advice...I have definitely been working on some of those things (especially the water intake - I am hopeless at remembering to drink water.) I will look into ACE as well, if you think it helps. You're a doll for sharing!

MerMarla
06-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Oh Merrow, Congratulations on the weight loss! I am trying once again to lose weight, and I think swimming is the key! You have done awesome, and I'm glad the bustier and original mer-tail pattern doesn't fit anymore! LOL! You will feel so much better, joints and muscle aches will subside, and you will look awesome in that new tail! I have about 30 more lbs to go, having lost 10 now and kept it off! I'd like to be back in my size 14's again! (currently in size 18-20, I hide it pretty good, being tall) You Go Girl! Happiness is...!!!!

(((HUGz))) and Bubble https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/e/B0C'z
Mermaid Marla

Mermaid Julianne
06-18-2013, 04:36 PM
I instantly just thought of these....

http://img31.exs.cx/img31/2204/batfish0mo.jpg
http://s3.amazonaws.com/resourcel/15460.jpg

Or better yet, what if you cosplayed as Lori and Superman was your mertender??? Oh, if only I could pull off these things...

Mermaid Muir
06-24-2013, 07:48 PM
No way. This is gonna be awesome! Great great idea!

Little_Orca
07-05-2013, 02:22 AM
*Lurks, waiting for pictures.*

Mermaid Dottie
07-17-2013, 07:30 PM
Merrow, That's AWESOME!
I'm so happy that your reason to wait is so... well, Awesome!

angelstarfish
07-24-2013, 11:22 PM
post pictures, please!!!

Oceana
07-26-2013, 04:02 AM
This makes me want to get a Spider-Woman tail...DON'T TEMPT ME!

Also, patiently awaiting pictures :D

Mermaid Muir
09-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Can't wait to see how it turn out!

SINicallyTwisted
10-17-2013, 01:26 PM
:yay:
I love this so hard, you have no idea! I would love to see mermaid versions of every character mentioned on this thread!

Have you seen my artwork? If you haven't, please free to check it out!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.301288799952690.70055.137581729656732&type=3

I'm sure once you've seen it, you'll understand my geekiness over this thread! hehe

Mermaid Kelda
10-26-2013, 12:15 AM
Hnng they're all so gorgeous o__o love the MLP, Lovely Locks and Elfen Lied ones!
Any chance you'll be doing the other characters from Lovely Locks? I'd buy a Ravenwaves in a second ;)

SeaSister
10-26-2013, 12:29 AM
Omg, Sinical! Those are awesome. YOU DID LADY AMALTHEA! I'm not alone in my love of "The Last Unicorn". XD

SINicallyTwisted
10-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Hnng they're all so gorgeous o__o love the MLP, Lovely Locks and Elfen Lied ones!
Any chance you'll be doing the other characters from Lovely Locks? I'd buy a Ravenwaves in a second ;)

Awww thank you! I'm glad you like them! :dance:

I really should take a moment and create an album here one of these days! :doh:

Duchess Ravenwaves, Maiden Curly Crown, and Maiden Fair Hair are all on my to-do list. ;)

SINicallyTwisted
10-26-2013, 01:16 PM
Omg, Sinical! Those are awesome. YOU DID LADY AMALTHEA! I'm not alone in my love of "The Last Unicorn". XD

Thank you! Yes, The Last Unicorn for the win! :highfive:

drucilla
11-06-2013, 12:33 AM
OMG The Last Unicorn and Furngully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!

SINicallyTwisted
11-06-2013, 01:37 PM
OMG The Last Unicorn and Furngully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!

LOL! Thank you! I'm glad you like them. :D

NerineArcticMermaid
11-11-2013, 11:13 PM
Thread hijack
@little orca...holy shit girl!!! You look amazing!

Thread can now resume normal programing...

SINicallyTwisted
11-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Thread hijack
@little orca...holy shit girl!!! You look amazing!

Thread can now resume normal programing...

Yes, this!

I truly do apologize for the accidental hijacking of this thread. That was not my intention. :$
I only added a link to my artwork to show why I am so excited to see this tail.

I can't wait to see it! It will be totally epic and I do hope the other characters that were mentioned also get made as well. ;)