PDA

View Full Version : To good to be true?

Mermaid Petronella
11-22-2012, 02:26 AM
Has anyone bought from this seller before? They seem pretty good. They are selling tails for $500
Silicone and neoprene.
What is neoprene and is it bad for your skin? Will it last in the water?
This is a really good deal, but I want to know if it's good to go for this, or save up for a trusted well know brand?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/107112873/mermaid-tail-custom-silicone-realistic?ref=sr_gallery_5&ga_search_query=silicone+tail&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=AU&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=silicone+tail

AniaR
11-22-2012, 02:48 AM
Neoprene is wetsuit material.
I know this artist on deviantART. I don't believe these tails are swimmable, they've only made 2, so I would wait a while before buying from someone who hadn't made much. The tails they've made so far were only for photoshoots, and they don't use a monofin last time I asked. None of their tails had been used in water.

telzey.amberdon
11-22-2012, 07:51 AM
Looks like a perfect glass for a golden tailed mermaid!

Mermaid Annariea
11-22-2012, 04:14 PM
it says they include monofins for swimming in, so maybe they are swimmable!

AniaR
11-22-2012, 04:29 PM
When I asked them they hadn't tried yet ;) the information they put on etsy is contrary to what they said to me when I asked them questions. I actually have a whole other thread about their work

Mermaid Petronella
11-26-2012, 05:45 AM
Thankyou! They're tail is amazing and looks stunning! I was just wondering if anyone had used it in water before. :)

MerAnthony
11-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Good point about the water. They do look Amazing an afordable too.

spottedcatfish
01-26-2013, 03:55 AM
The link has expired, but I have one point to make about tails in general: If they are of the Costume/ cosplay variety, they are generally not "swimmable" unless explicitly stated so. Also If you look at the fluke...is there enough room for a monofin? Is the fabric of the tail something that is able to use for swimming safely? Ask yourself these questions, and If any of your answers are no... then it is probably only used as a costume or cosplay. There's a big difference I've noticed when it comes to "Mermaidng" and "cosplaying as a mermaid".