PDA

View Full Version : Random Pet Peeves!

Ashe
11-22-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm sure everybody has those random little things that get on their nerves. To give you an example of how random mine can get, here is one: Walking in the mall one day with my friends and I see a pack of colored pencils in this one store. I take a second glance and see that the colors weren't in rainbow order! They went something like orange, yellow, red, blue, green, purple. No idea why, but I just got really awkwardly mad and complained about it to my friends! :lol:
So what about you all? Anything Random that just curls your fins? :)

SeaGlass Siren
11-22-2012, 07:13 PM
ooo um um.. i had one the other day, i dunno if you saw on the chat kalani... it was about metal and they way singers dress

SeaGlass Siren
11-22-2012, 07:29 PM
So the other day, I'm listening to Nightwish and doing all things Nightwish like looking at their photos, when suddenly a wild post appears saying how Anette (previous singer) doesn't dress the part as a metal singer like Tarja (WAY OLD Nightwish singer) and how Floor (the new singer) does.

WTF >_>; suddenly people have to DRESS a certain way to perform/sing metal??
if you care about looks so bad you should migrate yourself over to the other side of the music pool where people care about how artists should look to perform!

The irony here is that they don't like it when the singers dress a certain way to appeal to their audience (LIKE BRITNEY SPEARS, JLO, ETCETC). I personally don't care how they dress, I don't care if they're divas dressed in beautiful almost gown-like dresses like Tarja, i don't care if they're mothers dressed in normal floral-print dresses like Anette, i don't care if they're young and drop dead gorgeous like Floor, and i most certainly do not care if they are 60 years old and dress like a hooker, as long as they play sweet, sweet music. But THESE GUYS.. OMG CANNOT EVEN.. BIGGEST PEEVE ATM. do they not realize what they're saying????

I didn't know people had to dress to ENJOY metal either... I had some guy ask me "you like metal?? you don't look like it..." wtf who says that?? >_>

so now I have to dress a certain way to enjoy metal?? that's like saying...
"DO YOU LIKE SEX? YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE YOU HAVE IT" so using that logic, EVERYONE THAT HAS SEX HAS TO DRESS PROMISCUOUSLY ?

>_>; NO LOGIC LA

OK </finish ranting>

MerAnthony
11-22-2012, 07:50 PM
WHat get under my skin is when you ask somebody nicely to do something and they say ok no problem and they never bother to do it or they just forget.

Ashe
11-22-2012, 07:54 PM
@Andrea: Oh yeah, I have those experiences all the time! Not the way I dress, but my gender! I was talking with a guy friend of mine about a new video game that came out (yeah, my bro introduced me to gaming) and this one other guy came up and was all like "hold on, YOU play video games?!" um yeah... And he says: "but you're a GIRL!!" :doh:

SeaGlass Siren
11-22-2012, 08:10 PM
@Andrea: Oh yeah, I have those experiences all the time! Not the way I dress, but my gender! I was talking with a guy friend of mine about a new video game that came out (yeah, my bro introduced me to gaming) and this one other guy came up and was all like "hold on, YOU play video games?!" um yeah... And he says: "but you're a GIRL!!" :doh:

With that logic, i can only mock him by saying this:

If a man makes his meal in the kitchen, do we respond with "WAIT, YOU MAKE FOOD IN THE KITCHEN? BUT YOU'RE A BOY!!!" ?

Mermaid Annariea
11-22-2012, 10:33 PM
So the other day, I'm listening to Nightwish and doing all things Nightwish like looking at their photos, when suddenly a wild post appears saying how Anette (previous singer) doesn't dress the part as a metal singer like Tarja (WAY OLD Nightwish singer) and how Floor (the new singer) does.

WTF >_>; suddenly people have to DRESS a certain way to perform/sing metal??
if you care about looks so bad you should migrate yourself over to the other side of the music pool where people care about how artists should look to perform!

The irony here is that they don't like it when the singers dress a certain way to appeal to their audience (LIKE BRITNEY SPEARS, JLO, ETCETC). I personally don't care how they dress, I don't care if they're divas dressed in beautiful almost gown-like dresses like Tarja, i don't care if they're mothers dressed in normal floral-print dresses like Anette, i don't care if they're young and drop dead gorgeous like Floor, and i most certainly do not care if they are 60 years old and dress like a hooker, as long as they play sweet, sweet music. But THESE GUYS.. OMG CANNOT EVEN.. BIGGEST PEEVE ATM. do they not realize what they're saying????

I didn't know people had to dress to ENJOY metal either... I had some guy ask me "you like metal?? you don't look like it..." wtf who says that?? >_>

so now I have to dress a certain way to enjoy metal?? that's like saying...
"DO YOU LIKE SEX? YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE YOU HAVE IT" so using that logic, EVERYONE THAT HAS SEX HAS TO DRESS PROMISCUOUSLY ?

>_>; NO LOGIC LA

OK </finish ranting>

the only thing i have ever complained about pertaining to nightwish was annette. i didnt like her voice. not necessarily because it wasnt like tarjas vocals, there was just something about her voice that i couldnt stand.
also, i didnt know floor was permanent. i thought she was only temporary right now to finish the tour? i havent heard her sing... is she good??

anyways, my pet peeve is wet or sticky socks/feet. i HATE when my feet or socks get wet or sticky. it bothers me SO BAD.

Mermaid Annariea
11-22-2012, 10:34 PM
also, when holidays come too fast. SLOW THE FACK DOWN, IM STILL TRYING TO ENJOY MY TURKEY.

halesloveswhales
11-22-2012, 11:01 PM
I am actually a huge grammar freak. Whenever I see a your/you're or there/their/they're mistake on Facebook, I have to keep myself from screaming at the person and asking them if middle school did anything for them. Haha
It's also hard listening to some music. "You and me could write a bad romance" is so incorrect.

Nate Walis
11-23-2012, 07:41 AM
When waiting for a lift (elevator in the US) and the button has been pressed, is lit and clearly the people already there are waiting for it, someone then walks up and insists on pressing the button again, as if their finger has some kind of magical property that will summon the thing far more quickly.

The same thing applies to pressing the button at pedestrian crossings and the bell on a bus after it's already been pressed for the next stop.

It may be a small thing, but I can't help thinking it's a slap in the face to whoever pressed the button first, as if to say you don't trust them to do it correctly, or else the thing wouldn't have worked unless you had contact with it.

SeaGlass Siren
11-23-2012, 08:10 AM
the only thing i have ever complained about pertaining to nightwish was annette. i didnt like her voice. not necessarily because it wasnt like tarjas vocals, there was just something about her voice that i couldnt stand.
also, i didnt know floor was permanent. i thought she was only temporary right now to finish the tour? i havent heard her sing... is she good??

anyways, my pet peeve is wet or sticky socks/feet. i HATE when my feet or socks get wet or sticky. it bothers me SO BAD.

I liked both their voices. Tarja is like a goddess and i jizz every time she hits those high notes...
But Anette's voice is also beautiful. It's very versatile, it can be very soft (almost angelic, almost kinda like a mother singing to her newborn baby), but it can also be very strong.
(I think Imaginaerium is probably their best album because the songs almost come out like folk-metal/soul-gospel/jazz. very unique and it's kind of like a storytelling, and Anette's voice is perfect for that.)

I have no real opinion about floor so far. I have heard her sing "Tarja-era" songs and "Anette-era" songs though and that I feel that floor should carry out the older songs more strongly since she had background in opera. that said, i think those songs should remain untouched ^^; but i can't wait to hear what Tuomas has in store for her voice!

as for the whole "is floor permanent" thing... I'm not into the gossip. :| but people keep telling me that it was planned and she was supposed to join officially in November. when she joined in august it was very last minute. again, i stay out of the gossip because i do not trust gossip .__.;

back on topic:
My latest peeve is my wisdom teeth in my upper jaw. giving me a BLOODY HEADACHE...

Gem Stone
11-23-2012, 09:28 AM
I absolutely hate it when I'm in the mall(which doesn't happen often) and I see a cute kids store, and they have an Ariel something, AND HER TAIL IS BLUE! Or purple! I've seen both. It angers me to no end! A Disney store, had everything else right, and messed up Ariel's tail color.

Another thing that bothers me. When you watch someone try to open door and the handle won't budge, it's locked. So why do some people try to open it after you?! If I can't open the door, unless you break the lock, it won't open for you either!

One last thing I'm trying to get over is the differences between a book and its corresponding movie. The Hunger Games made me mad, but it was still watchable. How to train your dragon was so far off base from the book that I just sat there and laughed and considered it to be a whole new idea on its own and it just happens to share a title with the book. I still haven't seen the Nancy Drew movie because I've read all of her books and I'm worried I'd be compelled to write to the director and ask them what they were thinking when they made that movie. First problem, Nancy is a redhead!

im done. Sorry this turned into a bit of a rant

Ashe
11-23-2012, 10:07 AM
I absolutely hate it when I'm in the mall(which doesn't happen often) and I see a cute kids store, and they have an Ariel something, AND HER TAIL IS BLUE! Or purple! I've seen both. It angers me to no end! A Disney store, had everything else right, and messed up Ariel's tail color.

Oh I know right?! I have an Ariel pool towel and her tail is blue! But purple? Dang, whoever made that one better come talk to me! :P

And another mermaid-like pet peeve of mine is when people can't tell the difference between a monofin and a tail. I was on youtube watching a freediver using a monofin to swim with whales, and in the comments, one dope said "Why is he trying so hard to be a mermaid? Poser." REALLY? Also, he would be a merMAN!

Nate Walis
11-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Oh and there's another mermaid related one: just for the record, a mermaid has a tail of some kind, so when you have a photo-shoot in which a model is somehow underwater (irrelevant of the adult nature or lack of it) and they don't sport one THEY ARE NOT A MERMAID...so stop wasting my time.

Nyx
11-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Oh and there's another mermaid related one: just for the record, a mermaid has a tail of some kind, so when you have a photo-shoot in which a model is somehow underwater (irrelevant of the adult nature or lack of it) and they don't sport one THEY ARE NOT A MERMAID...so stop wasting my time.
OHMYPOSEIDON YES THANK YOU.
I love the idea of sirens and nymphs and any mythical creature that relates to water in any way, but if you are going to call it a mermaid then give it a tail, you have no idea how disappointing it is when you don't.

SeaGlass Siren
11-23-2012, 02:38 PM
another peeve. being called lazy. now i dont mind being called that when i don't want to do anything productive, or when i'm not doing anything, or when i'm half-assing something...

BUT NOT WHEN I'M GIVING MY FULL EFFORT >_< ; you guys have no idea how many times i get called lazy when i'm at home putting chores above my homework. FISHPASTE.

Mermaid Momo
11-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Pet peeve: going on the mermaid tag on tumblr and there are barely any mermaids at all. I just always want to say having colorful hair =/=mermaid, having long hair=/= mermaid and a fishtail braid =/= mermaid! Please people get the tags right ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

Merrow Fair Isle
11-23-2012, 05:40 PM
I hate it when people leave their Christmas lights up FOREVER. If the rest of the world is gearing up for Valentines Day, then your decor has been up for acperiod of time that far exceeds acceptable parameters of decorative interpations of holiday cheer. Pack it up until next year. Noe don't get me wrong...I don't mind lights strung across a teenagers bedroom or college dorm ceiling as cheeky decor, nor do I mind cler lights in backyard bushes, around the pool or on a patio or deck for use in get togethers... but when light up fringy iceicles, bows, blow-up Santa, animitronic wicker reindeer, and giant star of bethlehem are adorning your front yard and snow is melting, then you've gone too far.

I also hate parents who don't parent thier kids. The kids run around the stores like unholy terrors while Mom is to busy being nose deep in US magazine reading up on the latest Kardashian trainwreck drama. I also hate when parents find it accetable to swear like sailors at thier children or around thier children..then look,suprised when the child reats what they have heard. A child is a product of their enviornment. They are little sponges absorbing everything around them including language and attitudes. If you don't parent yourkids, care about them, or treat them with respect , how on earth do you expect them to demonstrate those attributes towards you, or towards others? Kids aren't acessories. Be a parent.

SeaGlass Siren
11-23-2012, 05:54 PM
I also hate parents who don't parent thier kids. The kids run around the stores like unholy terrors while Mom is to busy being nose deep in US magazine reading up on the latest Kardashian trainwreck drama. I also hate when parents find it accetable to swear like sailors at thier children or around thier children..then look,suprised when the child reats what they have heard. A child is a product of their enviornment. They are little sponges absorbing everything around them including language and attitudes. If you don't parent yourkids, care about them, or treat them with respect , how on earth do you expect them to demonstrate those attributes towards you, or towards others? Kids aren't acessories. Be a parent.

amen to that :|

Nemefish
11-23-2012, 10:40 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH RWAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DX i F..&&%$%@ hate when this happens im like "YOU F..%^#% SEXIST OF COURSE I PLAY VIDEO GAMES, IVE BEEN A GAMER SINCE I WAS 5 AND I WILL NEVER STOP U JERK!!!!!!!!:jawdrop:

you know most of the things on here also piss me off.... who wouldn't be, most of it is because of other peoples carelessness, but the one with the video game stereotype really makers my scales flutter! ;D :lol: because im always talking about video games and trying to join into video game conversations with friends, and they have the audacity to tell ME that its weird when girls play video games! :doh: :rolleyes:

New York Mermaid
11-23-2012, 11:59 PM
LOL i get that all the time when i play Call of duty, their like" oh theres a chick here, we must protect her" yeah right up until they find out this "chick" always aims for the family jewels and rarely misses.. then they sing another tune.

Spindrift
11-24-2012, 12:46 AM
How to train your dragon was so far off base from the book that I just sat there and laughed and considered it to be a whole new idea on its own and it just happens to share a title with the book.

Actually the author of the original books (Cressida Cowell) knew the entire time that it was going to be completely different from her books and preferred it that way/gave it the go-ahead. The movie producers tried to stay true at first but it just wasn't working out so they came up with a new idea that they felt still captured the spirit of the books and the author completely agreed with the new direction. It's widely known that she supports the franchise the movie has garnered. I liked the movie a lot and even saw the live spectacular show, which was very well done.

You can read about it a little bit here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Train_Your_Dragon

"However, Cowell stated in her blog that she felt approvingly that the film remained "true to the spirit and message of the book." Cowell also explained that she felt that the changing of media (novel to film) triggered a necessary change in plot and characters."

Ashe
11-24-2012, 12:57 AM
LOL i get that all the time when i play Call of duty, their like" oh theres a chick here, we must protect her" yeah right up until they find out this "chick" always aims for the family jewels and rarely misses.. then they sing another tune.
We must be sisters o_o

Azurin Luna
11-24-2012, 10:53 AM
Lol, tripplets. My name was Gotcha in such games... I got banned by my classmates because they couldn't win from a girl :/

What I hated was when I used IRC and entered a channel, the first thing you got was ASL. If your answer wasn't in their interest range they ignore you, even in channels that are there for helping people

Mermaid Cascada
11-24-2012, 03:06 PM
One of my major pet peeves is when someone is chewing some gum and they chew so obnoxiously like a cow or.. or a horse or something!

New York Mermaid
11-25-2012, 09:05 PM
We must be sisters o_o

Lol, triplets. My name was Gotcha in such games... I got banned by my classmates because they couldn't win from a girl :/

Haha Well we're mersisters . Lol we should start our own Xbox party group and take on the internet world.

Ashe
11-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Haha Well we're mersisters . Lol we should start our own Xbox party group and take on the internet world.
I don't have an X-Box Live yet, my brother is still showing me all the ropes :D But yes, that would be AMAZING!!!:yay:

Azurin Luna
11-26-2012, 12:55 AM
Haha, I first need to get one for my Xbox and Xbox live to be able to join in the quest ;)

Ashe
11-26-2012, 12:57 AM
This thread has turned from things we hate to things we love! :lol:

Azurin Luna
11-26-2012, 02:11 AM
Hehe, indeed.

Back on track, something I hate is, people who can't eat without sounds because they refuse to eat with their mouth closed or first stuff their mouth before talking. Yuck

Lotus
11-26-2012, 10:15 AM
My cyber pet peeve is when people throw a post up on their feed along with "share this if you're a good person," or something of that nature. I'm a good person. But I am not posting pictures of dead babies and horribly abused animals on my wall. It makes me absolutely sick. People seem to think they are "raising awareness" for the atrocities in the world by doing this, but it doesn't INFORM people, it ENRAGES them. Which is the point, I suppose..... to get people so riled up they are moved to act.... but when was the last time you heard of an angry mob making an already hairy situation BETTER? I get that there are a lot of really horrible things going on in the world. I really really do. But insinuating that people are thoughtless and don't care about whatever because they don't share a post is unfair and silly. Sorry if you disagree, it's fine if you do. I'm not trying to offend anyone who does this, it's just something that really gets my back up.
My real-world pet peeve is parents who ignore their crying children in stores. Some poor little guy or gal who is so exhausted or whatever that they are reaching up, begging to be held, and the parent either pretends it isn't happening or they scold the poor little one like it's bad for them to want some comfort, or to just be taken home. My kids have all had melt-downs after a long day of running around, and I know it can be extremely frustrating, but I found out that if I just give them a hug or take five minutes to hear what they have to say or just pick up the baby, at the very least it keeps the situation from getting worse.

SeaGlass Siren
11-26-2012, 11:10 AM
One of my older peeves is people shoving their beliefs down my throat.

Morticia Mermaid
11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
I have the same Pet peeve Andrea. It seriously drives me nuts. I'm wiccan, and people accuse me of trying to shove my beliefs down their throats, but really its the other way around ^^' Christians and such do it to me all the time

another pet peeve... Begging, begging seriously folds my scales the wrong way, and its the fastest way to irritate me (and I'm not easily irritated).

MerEmma
11-26-2012, 04:37 PM
One of my main pet peeves is when people in general mess around with my jewelry. I wear a locket a lot that I particularly like and a lot of little kids just walk right up and open it and mess around with it. I can understand little children because they don't know any better, but I've even had my friend's grandmother do it and then she even went as far as to complain about how my name is on the back instead of the front. =\

SeaGlass Siren
11-26-2012, 05:45 PM
I have the same Pet peeve Andrea. It seriously drives me nuts. I'm wiccan, and people accuse me of trying to shove my beliefs down their throats, but really its the other way around ^^' Christians and such do it to me all the time

another pet peeve... Begging, begging seriously folds my scales the wrong way, and its the fastest way to irritate me (and I'm not easily irritated).
Oh cool :) I'm Christian but I've got half a mind not to shove things down others throats

Elle
11-26-2012, 06:01 PM
those people in the middle of the shopping center who want to sell you face wash or something with 300 extra vitamins and minerals in it! They like wave pamphlets in your face and they call you out if you ignore them. They're ridiculously annoying. I was at the shops yesterday and there were about 5 of them, selling different stuff, all spaced about 100m apart. By the time my partner and I got to the end i was very pissed off

Azurin Luna
11-27-2012, 05:59 AM
People with shopping cards who don't want to move aside. You ask nicely you get a sneer, and when you move the car they try to run you down with it. Or when at the checkout, they don't have 'time' to wait for their turn so they keep bumping up against your heels, as if that will speed things up. Same with moms with a buggy, who think they may go first because they have a baby in a buggy. Aargh

Ayla of Duluth
11-27-2012, 12:32 PM
When people use the word "whilst." It's a useless word, doesn't make anyone sound fancier or something, and people never use it in speech, but only when they type or write. Most annoying thing ever. It gets used a lot in the FML stories and it just distracts me that the writer couldn't say "today, while I was washing the dishes..." Because they try to sound less idiotic by saying "today, whilst washing the dishes..." Ugh. Just stahp.

Mermaid Saphira
11-27-2012, 01:39 PM
also, when holidays come too fast. SLOW THE FACK DOWN, IM STILL TRYING TO ENJOY MY TURKEY.

OMG! Yes! I totally and completely understand you on that one!
One minute I'm still eating candy from halloween and the next I'm putting up christmas stuff?? I didn't even get to eat my turkey! I love holidays but come on!

Mermaid Wesley
11-28-2012, 03:23 AM
When im content to sit on tumblr all night and my roommate gives me looks that scream: "are you going out tonight or are you going to be a weirdo?"

Mermaid Margarete
11-29-2012, 02:19 PM
My cyber pet peeve is when people throw a post up on their feed along with "share this if you're a good person," or something of that nature.

Those are SOOO annoying...T_T

Ashe
11-30-2012, 10:54 AM
People with shopping cards who don't want to move aside. You ask nicely you get a sneer, and when you move the car they try to run you down with it. Or when at the checkout, they don't have 'time' to wait for their turn so they keep bumping up against your heels, as if that will speed things up. Same with moms with a buggy, who think they may go first because they have a baby in a buggy. Aargh
Ok, on the topic of shopping carts: I was at the fabric store looking for my spandex for a tail, an there was a shopping cart that was just sitting in a parking spot. My mom parked near it, so we could take it over to the front of the store. While we were getting out, this elderly lady came by and started rolling it away towards the cart racks. I thought, "oh, that lady is really nice! glad we have people who... Wait, what?!"
She then pushed the cart right behind a parked car!! And I mean that the cart was blocking the cars way to move out of the lot!! I was just so dumbfounded! Now, the lady wasn't old enough to be confused and think that was what you were supposed to do, she didn't even have a handicapped liscense! It was so horribly rude :(. We took the cart away though, but still! Who does that?

SeaGlass Siren
11-30-2012, 01:47 PM
i dislike self-righteous people. :|

Mer_Adella
11-30-2012, 02:51 PM
1) when internet f*cks up after you've typed something and it loses it all and you have to retype it
2) leaving food out when there is a puppy/kid that will get into it
3) leaving lights/electronics on when you are clearly not returning to that room
4) when I (being a woman) am dressed, make up and hair done, and ready to leave for an important event and spouse is going to make us late
5) 1950's men who expect women to do everything (i actually have a friend whose husband is like this...i don't go to her house anymore for fear of punching him)
6) Shopping Day vs Shopping---> in my vocab "shopping day"=going to a mall/store and looking at everything in interest to you----"shopping"=going and getting things on your list and nothing else. My boyfriend is horrible at this. Grocery shopping with him takes at least 3 hrs to get 20 items because he has to wander around walmart :doh:

Mermaid Celissa
12-01-2012, 11:25 AM
When my mom calls my tail a "suit"

Example, from this morning:

Me: "Hey mom, can you get some gas to heat up the pool?"
Mom: "You have a busy day today."
Me: "I didn't mean today, I meant for sometime this winter."
Mom: "Why, do you want to swim in your mermaid suit?"

When she says that it makes me think of Mermaid Man.
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-prn1/s160x160/16444_186454997040_180079_a.jpg

Ashe
12-01-2012, 11:34 AM
^.^ Oh, I know the feeling! Instead of saying 'tail,' my mom calls it a 'fin.' Now, she isn't just talking about the monofin, she refers to the whole tail by it! I'm slowly training mermaid vocabulary into her though :D

SeaGlass Siren
12-01-2012, 12:01 PM
When my parents demand an apology for proving them wrong. No logic in that whatsoever.

Mermaid Celissa
12-01-2012, 12:29 PM
My dad sometimes calls it a fin or a fish costume >_<

Mermaid Azira
12-01-2012, 12:34 PM
My dad calls it a whale tail

Mermaid Azira
12-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Hugging
At my school people are always hugging. Like yesterday the girl I carpool with saw her friend and they ran down the hall and hugged. And then they hugged at the end of the day. AND they were going to see each other an hour after school ended. You don't need to hug every one multiple times per day.

And they are always like I love you bff

And they have these ridiculous nicknames

Mermaid Allie
12-01-2012, 01:38 PM
LMAO WHALE TAIL. thats when the top of your thong hangs out of your pants bahahahahahahhaa

mermanjr
12-01-2012, 01:49 PM
1) People not having the facts before they blame someone
2) People who correct others and judge them for it
3) People making fun of others, not knowing what there situation is
4) People picking on other people just because there smarter or have a disability
5) People killing others for no logical reason or cause
This all makes me sad :(

Mermaid Azira
12-01-2012, 01:58 PM
LMAO WHALE TAIL. thats when the top of your thong hangs out of your pants bahahahahahahhaa
Oh! OH! Ack!:eek:

hay_31
12-01-2012, 03:57 PM
In no particular order:

1. People who take ages to withdraw money at an ATM.
2. People who walk next to you then suddenly cut across in front of you without any warning.
3. People who continually make the same mistakes in life, winge about it every time but do nothing to better themselves in the mean time.
4. Ego - people who are power hungry in an unhealthy manner.

I am sure there would be more, but that will do for now.

hay_31
12-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Ah! I for got, there was a trend with boys for a while, .......

Wearing your shorts/jeans with a belt but so the top is under there bum! That really annoyed me, what? They couldn't be bothered to dress themselves properly?!??!?

Azurin Luna
12-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Yeah, I didn't understand that hype either, I always wanted to pull their pants further down so they would fall over their own stupidity... but that would just make me a evil mermaid

MerAnthony
12-01-2012, 05:46 PM
That started in the prisons to advertize that they were available to have sex. Now they wear one peice jumpsuits

Mermaid Miel
12-01-2012, 09:42 PM
those people in the middle of the shopping center who want to sell you face wash or something with 300 extra vitamins and minerals in it! They like wave pamphlets in your face and they call you out if you ignore them. They're ridiculously annoying. I was at the shops yesterday and there were about 5 of them, selling different stuff, all spaced about 100m apart. By the time my partner and I got to the end i was very pissed off

Last time I passed them with my Boyfriend, he said "No thanks, she's perfect already." Aww.

My Pet Peeves are mostly related to smokers. Those who smoke while their kids are in the car, (which actually concentrates the smoke inside the car, even with an open window.) The ones who Smoke at Train stations or light up the instant they step off the train (which is still a Non-Smoking zone in SA.) Especially thse who stand underneath the no-smoking signs to light up.

hay_31
12-02-2012, 06:25 AM
LOL @ Azurin Luna, I couldn't agree more and sometimes it's good to be bad!!!

MerAnthony: Really, I had never herd that here in Australia and I know a fair bit about our prisons and the histories of them, that's my new learned thing for the day!

Ashe
12-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Last time I passed them with my Boyfriend, he said "No thanks, she's perfect already." Aww.

That is so sweet! <3

Mermaid Celissa
12-03-2012, 05:36 PM
When people with lice sit beside you in class and continuously scratch their head and make you feel itchy and worry that the lice jumped on you >_<

When all the Instagram pictures by one person are all the same, no matter the background.

*inside* o3o
*outside* o3o
*on a bed* o3o
*with a friend* o3o o3o
*doing dishes* o3o

Mermaid Celissa
12-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Oh, and racist people, to an extent. This just happened.

Mom's BF - My family name originates from Germany and England.
Me - Germany, awesome!
Mom's BF - No, nothing's awesome about Germany
Me - What do you mean?
Mom's BF - You'll learn about it. Concentration camps, torture...
Me - You mean the Holocaust...?
Mom's BF - Yeah. Germans...
Me - Not all Germans are Nazis...
Mom's BF - That would be taken as offensive there...

-___________________________________________-

spottedcatfish
12-03-2012, 09:37 PM
I'm a full time student, so there is lot's of things that get on my nerves there. I've been in a difficult class, where most of the class is just trying to pass, and there is this one student who I swear has no life outside of school, and he's complaining to the professor cause he got a B and not an A! Where most of the students are just trying to pass with a C, and are struggling. Mostly the teachers fault for not teaching the class in a more visual/ hands on way. I also hate teachers who are really smug, and who say at the time of the final "I cannot stress this enough but you need to know everything in the class to do well on the final!" and other things such as: "I'm the teacher so I get to decide the rules and grades".... Ugh! College is a big pet peeve of mine!!! :-(

New York Mermaid
12-04-2012, 01:01 AM
I suddenly turned into my friends Pet Lovebird consultant. She asks me Just about every common question there is, (example, should i cover the lovie at night or not? Does she need a water dish or a bottle? Should i buy special food or just cockatiel food? - im sitting there like :/ GOOGLE IT!!!

Um.. I have parrots and I rescue/foster large unwanted parrots, i dont know much about lovebirds, but talk to me about Alexandrines, Indian ringnecks, Cockatiels or Quakers, Im your girl.

Ashe
12-04-2012, 07:53 PM
^ if she has no idea how to care for a lovebird, why does she keep them? :confused:

Huge peeve of mine: WHEN PEOPLE LEAVE EMPTY CEREAL BOXES BACK IN THE PANTRY!!!!!
When i see what looks like a brand new box of my favorite cereal, but then open it up and there is no more!!! :(

Dacora
12-04-2012, 08:13 PM
I hate it when I am able to figure out surprises. My Mom,Dad,Grandpa,Bro and Boyfriend wanted to take me out to eat for my birthday tomorrow. But I was able to figure out what was going on. Ah well, atleast they tried.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Mermaid Celissa
12-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Happy early birthday!

Sammi Ray
12-05-2012, 08:46 AM
I hated it when i was pregnant and strangers would just come up and stroke my bump.... :/ .....

Mermaid Miel
12-05-2012, 09:46 AM
o.O
You mean that complete strangers would innappropriately fondle you without so much as a hello/how do you do? o.O

Another pet peeve of mine is guys using overly sexual language. What happened to manners, decorum, honour or even Common Sense?

Sammi Ray
12-05-2012, 10:57 AM
lol yep. They just see the bump and go up and touch it with both hands and ask how many months i was, i was like "I am get the hell off my bump months". How rude... I would never just walk up to someone (even if i knew them) and just start groping their bump..

Another hate is people who brag about taking drugs.... Urgh ><

Ashe
12-05-2012, 12:22 PM
I hated it when i was pregnant and strangers would just come up and stroke my bump.... :/ .....
That's awkward...

Mer_Adella
12-05-2012, 12:41 PM
pet peeve:

people putting trash on counter next to trash bin. (take the extra step you lazy *%$^&%&)

biggest pet peeve of them all

men who don't show affection because they never saw their parents give affection.

:mad::mad::mad::headwall::headwall::headwall::head wall::headwall::headwall::headwall::headwall::head wall::headwall::headwall::headwall:

Sammi Ray
12-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Tell me about it. Felt like giving them the judo chop!

Coradion
12-05-2012, 04:04 PM
People who think they understand a scientific paper or some form of research and then interpret the abstract or data incorrectly. When that happens a disservice is done to anyone that is given false information. This goes for anyone, before you repost or share information, abstracts, and journals, make sure you understand it. On the other end of that paper is a researcher who probably put hundreds of hours into discovering what is accepted to be fact and truth only to have someone misinterpret their words and try and use your work as a citation of a lie. If you've done research before, it kind of makes you want to cry when this happens.

SeaGlass Siren
12-05-2012, 08:07 PM
current peeve... when i write a comment shat showcases my odd(and possibly horrible) sense of humour and it gets taken the wrong way. oh dear it just happens to me way too often. >_>;