PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid Melissa Selling her POC Tail on Ebay...NO RESERVE

Merrow Fair Isle
11-25-2012, 09:39 PM
saw this in my FB feed and thought I would share. Mermaid Melissa's Pirates of The Caribbean inspired performance , full sikicone tail.
No reserve. $100 shipping. Happy Bidding!

7788 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Realistic-Pro-Silicone-Swimmable-Mermaid-Tail-/150954743347)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Realistic-Pro-Silicone-Swimmable-Mermaid-Tail-/150954743347

AniaR
11-25-2012, 10:02 PM
yeah this was posted about before. I think the general consensus was people didnt really like the side fins, lol

Morticia Mermaid
11-25-2012, 10:19 PM
The side fins look very... Tuna shaped to me

Ashe
11-25-2012, 10:24 PM
Yeah, not a big fan of the fins either... :P

Merrow Fair Isle
11-25-2012, 11:44 PM
me either..lol... hence the posting and not bidding. Those fins just don't do it for me...my hips are wide enough without the help!! *laughs*

Like I said, I just saw it on FB and thought maybe some mer would be interested. Sorry if it was posted previously. To be honest, I haven't spent much time in the classified forums as I'm just waiting for the fabrics for my firt 2 tails to arrive. Been spending most of my time in tailmaking and browsing albums. I should have probably went through listings in this section first to make sure it hadn't already been posted.

Ashe
11-26-2012, 12:46 AM
If it already was, no problem! Tons of threads get lost in the couple thousand we have on here haha! An easy way to see if a topic has been posted already is to (if you haven't yet) scroll up to the top right of the screen and type in the "Advanced Search" box :) I use it soooo much!

MerAnthony
11-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Love the look of the tail, but like everybody the side fins would have to go. An a sad note it's to small for me :(

Lotus
11-26-2012, 09:18 AM
how would you get rid of those fins without wrecking the tail tho? I wonder.....

Sephina
11-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Am I the only one who finds it weird she didn't list any measurements on it?

Mer_Adella
11-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Am I the only one who finds it weird she didn't list any measurements on it?

First thing I look for is the measurements. I dont want to waste time looking and dreaming about a tail if it won't fit me. I wonder why she didn't?

AniaR
11-26-2012, 10:58 AM
this was a mertailor tail from when he first started making silicone tails. From some of the videos/photos UP CLOSE I don't think it's as good a shape as it appears from far away. She did use it a lot too. Incidentally a gif of her swimming in this has become insanely popular on tumblr! But yeah, it's been listed a few times before and never sells.

Gem Stone
11-26-2012, 11:09 AM
I actually kind of like the side fins on that tail. It doesn't look terrible.

AnnaAbyss
11-26-2012, 10:22 PM
My Mum is going to bid on this! I hopefully will get it for Christmas. Never wanted anything so badly in my life.... Don't diss me for wanting it even if it's a Mertailor tail.

AniaR
11-26-2012, 10:37 PM
No one's going to diss you :p

ShyMer
11-26-2012, 10:38 PM
I think Eric's work is beautiful when he puts real effort into it. I don't like how he does business though. I think a lot of us feel that way, so don't think you're not allowed to like his work <3 Otherwise I think it wouldn't have been posted here.

AnnaAbyss
11-26-2012, 10:43 PM
:3 I like his work when it's done well. No offense to him. I really hope I get it, and I'm glad I'm not having to actually do business with Eric since he is a bit of a poor businessman. Couldn't sleep for the past few nights because I keep thinking about tails XD Last night was the worst!!

Blondie
11-26-2012, 10:45 PM
this was a mertailor tail from when he first started making silicone tails. From some of the videos/photos UP CLOSE I don't think it's as good a shape as it appears from far away. She did use it a lot too. Incidentally a gif of her swimming in this has become insanely popular on tumblr! But yeah, it's been listed a few times before and never sells.
I didn't want to say it but I sort of agree. The silicone or paint on top seems to be looking like it's going to crumble. I think it's pretty tail over all though.

AniaR
11-26-2012, 10:57 PM
I may know more about it that I'm at liberty to share for wanting to avoid drama ;) But I don't think the price is unreasonable. great for a mer to start on :) good luck. I really don't like Eric, for personal and professional reasons, but even I think his tails are pretty when he actually works at them. And as long as a customer is actually happy with their tail, I will be happy for them :) I'd never say, "ew you got a mertailor?!" lol, I had one too remember ;) <3

AnnaAbyss
11-26-2012, 11:04 PM
Wait, was this to me or iblondie?

AniaR
11-26-2012, 11:12 PM
You, but I guess for anyone's purpose really. People think/assume I hate on mertailor tails... I hate on tails that fall apart ;) if a tail is good, I'm happy.

AnnaAbyss
11-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Hehe, okay. Yeah I can understand that, pay a lot of money for something that doesn't even last.

halesloveswhales
11-26-2012, 11:58 PM
AHHH I want I want!

Lois
11-27-2012, 07:33 AM
Anna you should totally get this tail its a real bargin and you will never get a silicone for that much anywhere else! And im sure it will be fine and look great!

Mermaid Saphira
11-27-2012, 07:51 AM
I'm not the only one who likes the fins...am I?

I think they give a very natural vibe, ya know, something you would most likely see on a "real" mermaid...something fish like.

halesloveswhales
11-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Saphira, I agree, they do make it look more realistic.

halesloveswhales
11-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Also, is this the tail that Caroline Mermaid wore at Ripley's Aquarium? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXhiHoURIQo&feature=BFa&list=UUBnE5ICDAbT8JWsachqjRFA

MerEmma
11-27-2012, 09:18 AM
I agree that they do look realistic, but they're not very flattering.

AniaR
11-27-2012, 11:07 AM
yes I think she spoke about it on here before during one of the other threads

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
11-27-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm kind of a fan of the side fins myself, even if they do make the tail look wider. If it is the tail I'm thinking of, the motion through the water looked pretty cool in ways that tails without those kinds of fins can't capture.

Delphine
11-27-2012, 02:40 PM
I think Eric's work is beautiful when he puts real effort into it. I don't like how he does business though. I think a lot of us feel that way, so don't think you're not allowed to like his work <3 Otherwise I think it wouldn't have been posted here.

Hm, I find it interesting that others had such experiences with him. A while ago, I contacted Eric Ducharme directly about my mermaid tailmaking adventure, Project Delphine and he was not into helping.. in any way. And, although the reply was polite, it was cold. On the flip side, Thom Shouse kindly pointed me towards Dragonskin skin-safe silicone rubber and some other supplies.

AniaR
11-27-2012, 03:26 PM
it's this one

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcwzr8IuDf1rcrguuo1_500.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9gxjuwmw01qgawlzo1_500.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9korcooPE1rcrguuo1_500.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2mnswtSwF1rqpmy9o1_500.gif

Morticia Mermaid
11-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Hm, I find it interesting that others had such experiences with him. A while ago, I contacted Eric Ducharme directly about my mermaid tailmaking adventure, Project Delphine and he was not into helping.. in any way. And, although the reply was polite, it was cold. On the flip side, Thom Shouse kindly pointed me towards Dragonskin skin-safe silicone rubber and some other supplies.

Really? I had a chance to talk with him (Eric) myself over email. We talked about one of his used tails, I was looking at buying one of his used ones. He was polite with me. Which I found surprising because my measurements are not that of a "little" mermaid. But I think everyone will experience different things or see things differently, and its possible he had a bad day (No I'm not saying thats an excuse to treat people poorly). I always try to approach any situation from a neutral perspective

Merrow Fair Isle
11-27-2012, 04:17 PM
WIll admit that the side fins look far better in motion than they do in still shots. Thanks Raina!

AniaR
11-27-2012, 04:30 PM
they're not my personal taste, just looks... off to me. But like I said, these gifs are famous on tumblr. So clearly some people like em :D I hope it goes to a good home - means more mermaids getting their fins wet!

BlueMermaid
11-27-2012, 04:49 PM
It looks like the side fins were altered. In the gifs, they look solid, but in the photos, they look fringy.

Gem Stone
08-28-2013, 10:15 PM
anyone know what happened to this tail?

Mahi Mermaid
08-28-2013, 10:21 PM
It was sold. Last year lol