PDA

View Full Version : Making my first tail skin

Mermaid Saphira
08-07-2011, 03:13 PM
This thread will be for progress and ideas on my first (hand-made) tail. I have a mermaid shaped wave monofin and wanted to make my own skin for it, but I couldn't decide what kind of tail I wanted...

*h2o styled tail (copper or blue tail with fishnet scales pattern and dorsal fin)
*Blue clown fish tail (white tail painted to look like a clown fish but in blue and black w/ dorsal and pectoral fins)
*Angel fish tail (White tail painted like an angel fish w/ dorsal and pectoral fins)
*Koi tail (white tail with orange and black spots w/ dorsal fin and pectoral fins)
*Gold and blue tail (A gold tail with blue detailing w/ fishnet scale pattern and a dorsal fin)

I would love tips, advice and suggestions from you guys! THANX C3>

PS: I'll TRY upload sketches soon! (been very busy)

merboy78xy
08-07-2011, 07:22 PM
well gosh they all sound awesome! I like patterns and color..
so I'd go with the clown fish or the koi... did you mean marine angelfish or the freshwater kind you buy in a petstore?

Mermaid Saphira
08-08-2011, 11:24 AM
i guess the marine...yellow and black and white. i'm not good w types of fish T_T LOL

Mermaid Saphira
08-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Just thought of 2 other GREAT designs.....A sparkley silver bottle nose dolphin OR a commerson dolphin! I just love the commersons little fat black and white bodies LOL : )

Mermaid Saphira
08-25-2011, 04:07 PM
I just sketched some of the designs; clownfish, h2o and a couple others that were just random. I'm going to try and post pics of the clownfish tonight, but if i don't remeber I'm sorry, got ALOT of homework : o