PDA

View Full Version : Painted fabric tail?

Mermaid Wesley
11-26-2012, 01:31 PM
I dont know if this has been asked (i couldnt find it) but is it possible to paint texture on a fabric tail? like with puffy paint or something? or maybe it i made scales out of fabric and then coated it all in paint so it looks shiny and realistic? ive beem looking for a way to make my potential fabric tail more sturdy-looking and less like fabric... I have also heard of putting fishnet-stocking material over a fabric tail. do you think I could do that then paint with a metallic paint to make it scaly-looking i got the idea from looking at t-shirts i have decorated with puffy paints and fabric paint. Will those hold in the water? What will? Once again Im sorry if this has already been dicussed in length, Im a noob.:$

MerEmma
11-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Yep! It's been done. Look around the forums a bit. Jadestone (I think that's her username?) did it, as well as another girl I can't remember the name of. =\

Mermaid Wesley
11-26-2012, 01:42 PM
thx, love. :)

AniaR
11-26-2012, 02:11 PM
checkout the tail making forum, the posts that are stickied to the top :) screen printing ink is also excellent for painting fabric. Hannah's first blue tail is painted.