PDA

View Full Version : Postable?

Delphine
11-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Hey, merfolk fans! So, I have been trying to find out something on my own, though still have questions. I have an on-going Kickstarter campaign, and am unsure if I'm allowed to share that on here, since it's kinda like semi-advertising. I don't want to go against MerNetwork's rules, of course. Simply put, I just want to share my Mermaid art project. Is there an admin or any other who might be able to shed some light on this? :confused:

Recently, I was contacted by another Kickstarter member, and likely MerNetwork member who suggested I share my project and offer to create a good silicone-tail tutorial to be posted on here, as a special reward for MerNetwork backers. Any thoughts on this, as well?

Thanks. :)

AniaR
11-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Yes you're allowed, in fact one of the mods shared it under the "mer in the news" forum already ahha!

malinghi
11-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Ha, I sent that message on kickstarter, and I'm one of the owners of the site. Its very considerate of you to check first. Yeah, people are totally allows to promote things on here. In fact its encouraged. I recommend you make a thread that specifically mentions the kickstarter project in the title, and post it somewhere in the tailmaking section.

In fact now that I think about it, I'm surprised this isn't more common. Imagine if people routinely tried to raise money for tailmaking projects through kickstarter by promising to make tutorials or guides? Seems like a win-win situation.

Delphine
11-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Yes you're allowed, in fact one of the mods shared it under the "mer in the news" forum already ahha!

Hey, AniaR! Really? I'll have to check it out. Where's it posted? I should probably do a formal one on the forums. Thanks for the tip!

Delphine
11-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Hi malinghi! How did you find me on kickstarter? That's funny, I had no clue it was you. That's awesome that you co-own MerNetwork. Alright, I have a short amount of time left, and need all the publicity I can get for Project Delphine.

Possibly, like me, other users are unsure if they are allowed to promote themselves this way on the website. Maybe it should be addressed somewhere. Yeah, I hope it's a win-win! =D