PDA

View Full Version : Merbellas Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Mermaid Cecelia
10-07-2013, 06:19 PM
AniaR, I understand that the price had to go up and she deserves for it to go up, but that doesn't change that I'm sad cuz it'll take way longer for me to save the rest. Raven does an amazing job, and I'll be super proud to get a tail once I can save it up, but I'm just saying that my plans will be very delayed.

AniaR
10-07-2013, 07:00 PM
Oh yeah I didn't take it in a bad way, just using the chance to explain it and draw comparison ;)

Mermaid Cecelia
10-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Oh yeah I didn't take it in a bad way, just using the chance to explain it and draw comparison ;)
I completely understand :) I would've asked for the clarification anyway, so it's cool :)

Blondie
10-08-2013, 12:58 AM
I know just seeing one of the models wearing it kinda scared me I thought maybe I was too late cause I ordered it 8 months ago if I counted correctly

I see your point. It is your headdress. She said she would give you the price when she was done. It's not fair that you haven't gotten it yet. Even if she had forgotten it's yours, that's not really professional. That is something she needs to address for sure.

Mermaid Isabel(:
10-08-2013, 06:10 AM
I understand the price was lowered for performance tails. I recently ordered a performance tail but she changed the price shortly after I ordered and made my payment so I am being charged the old price. I don't want to bother her with an email, I know she is very busy. I'm simply curious why she lowered the price while still taking orders because it is kind of confusing. The tail is well worth the money and I feel lucky to be getting a tail made by her but I was just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat I'm in?

Merman Arion
10-08-2013, 06:29 AM
I kinda figured since I commissioned it and she MADE it that it was kinda considered ordered :/ I dont understand why someone would make someones order and only consider it "talked about".

Don't know why there's blank emails. All my emails had a reply in them so that's odd.

I see your point. It is your headdress. She said she would give you the price when she was done. It's not fair that you haven't gotten it yet. Even if she had forgotten it's yours, that's not really professional. That is something she needs to address for sure.

I'm sorry but those are just speculations, right?
I understand Mermaid Aurora's concerns but i disagree with this attitude. Until Raven says something officially, i don't think people should make up theories. That girl is working her ass off to do the orders despite being sick a lot, she has done NOTHING wrong and so far, EVERYBODY got what they wanted.

I don't mean to be rude or anything like that but for fuck's sake, i think being patient and trusting her is fair. Good things in their own good time. Even Raina said that Raven will respond when she will find the time.

Just saying.

Mermaid Syrena
10-08-2013, 10:24 AM

Steering away from the potential drama....... let us all be awed by the full awesomeness of the Ursula top.

AniaR
10-08-2013, 04:45 PM
it's not anyone's til it's paid for. It's no a question of being professional or not. I brought it up to Raven, she hadn't heard anything after she made the head dress and after checking her spam found 50 BLANK emails (which to me would simply look like someone had a virus). If she made something and is under the impression the client forgot about it, and the thing is not paid for, she can do whatever she wants with it. But since I brought it to her attention she's contacting Aurora if she hasn't already. (I find people complain about not hearing from her and then never tell the result when they get it) What would be unprofessional, is dropping everything for a headdress that hasn't actually been bought, while people have actually paid several thousand dollars, some rush ordered, and been patient despite her being sick and monofins being backordered. Payment= priority. I really don't think it's fair for someone to complain about something they actually havent bought, especially when it's been made clear that emails were obviously not being seen. I mean, I was helping with them for weeks and I didn't see any messages. And if it's been 8 months you most certainly could have brought it up sooner, I made it clear in the threads a while ago that I was helping with communication for a bit and relayed several messages. So yeah, Raven's been made aware, so yeah, it's being "addressed". I get so annoyed that people make up what Raven must think or her motives. It's like, since she's quiet it gives everyone license to assume whatever they want, when in reality she's quiet cuz she doesn't have time for constant back and forth- she's working her ass off on orders :p

and Isabel, she's not currently taking orders. She took one in like, several months. Literally all her attention is on the current customers (which would be you) and though the price has changed I am under the impression they may not take anymore orders again for a bit anyway. So you could pay the old price like everyone else and get in under the wire for the tail, or wait with the new price for an undetermined time. I totally appreciate you being annoyed, anyone would. but I think you got in the right way anyway ;)

And Tyler got to edit more footage from their filming a few weeks ago...

http://youtu.be/9IXOUzDdLqg

shimmygoddess
10-08-2013, 05:18 PM
love that new top :jawdrop:

Mermaid Octavia
10-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Want the new octopus top SO BAD.

Mermaid Lorelei
10-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Man, what I wouldn't give to be a Merbella...

Mermaid Isabel(:
10-08-2013, 08:29 PM
and Isabel, she's not currently taking orders. She took one in like, several months. Literally all her attention is on the current customers (which would be you) and though the price has changed I am under the impression they may not take anymore orders again for a bit anyway. So you could pay the old price like everyone else and get in under the wire for the tail, or wait with the new price for an undetermined time. I totally appreciate you being annoyed, anyone would. but I think you got in the right way anyway ;)

Thank you Raina I know I made my order in July so it was a bit after that the price changed I was just a bit confused but I am still happy to pay the old price anyways simply because her tails are well worth the money and I know she works her butt off making them :)

Blondie
10-08-2013, 10:13 PM
I'm dying over that new octo top. That is just unnffff pefect!!

No, I'm just saying, Aurora said that Raven told her not to pay till it was done. I mean... What do you say? "No I want to pay now because I want priority?" I mean honestly if Raven said to me, "I don't know how much it will close so we'll discuss the payment when I finish it." I'd be like "Okay!" Because I mean... What else do you say? Is this just me or? I don't know..

I'm not bashing her I'm just saying it sounds a little unprofessional. I know how hard Raven works. But even though her tails are priority it doesn't mean a headdress should be put off for 8 months and forgotten about. And I'm just curious to why Raven never hit Aurora up with an email like, "Hey you still are interested in this headdress right?"

AniaR
10-08-2013, 10:23 PM
probably because she doesnt really have time to press people. When I was helping with the emails she got 100's a day, and then 100s of PMs a day on fb. So many people want to buy something and never follow through. So. Many. And there are so many people who go around saying they've ordered when they actually havent, they've just emailed her to let her know they want to order. But then it's not even that, because once you reply it's oh I want to make payments (which she doesn't do) or oh I want to order actually in x amount of months. So it's on to the next person who actually is ordering. You can't even get your head around the amount of emails and PMs, and youtube messages and deviantART comments etc from people who are interested but not actually ready. It's just like me with my gigs, if I don't hear from someone (though I have enough time that I can routinely check my spam) I'm not going to hold their spot, and if they get upset, well sorry. And from Raven's perspective, she wasn't hearing anything. Which happens constantly. People just stop. So on to the people who are paid and waiting. I was helping with the emails because people want constant updates- they don't understand they aren't the only client, or the only item being worked on, or that people pay for rush order, or that others have wear and tear on their tails. I had to stop because I couldn't keep up with it either. And there's not really anything that can be done. There were 3 of us going through emails but the more time spent on emails the less time spent on tails, and that's what everyone cries about being late. Even though I was directly helping with emails people knew I was helping so my inbox started exploding here and on FB and my personal mermaid email, and 90% of the stuff was stuff people shouldn't even be emailing about. And like I said, I never saw the emails/messages.

Anyway, Raven knows now, I havent caught up with her today but she told me she's going to make sure to address. She's just in the middle of rush orders.

Ayla of Duluth
10-09-2013, 12:51 AM
Okay so I know I'm kind of late to the subject of floppy flukes, but I figured since I had a finis foil, I could just clear the air on any questions people might have about it.

Yep, I have the finis foil. Its (I think) the smallest monofin option from Finis as far as adult monofins go. That means that there is a lot of plain old silicone in my fluke that isn't supported, which is how it gets that floppy look. Now I think I saw someone somewhere mention that it's harder to control than a fluke with a competitor because of the lack of stiffness. And even though I've never used a competitor monofin, I can basically agree with that. My fluke weighs about 25 pounds, and since its very flexible, when lifting the fluke out of water and over my head, I have to be very careful because the tips of my fluke can bend down and give me a pretty decent thwack on the head. Like seriously. This one time I wasn't paying attention and I got my fluke up over my head and one of the tips came over my head and slapped me in the eye. I just kind of played it off as a "I've been shot!" and I rolled over back into the water, but yes. It is difficult to control. Also, since the fluke is so heavy, the only way I can lift it up by myself at any time is if I'm on a hard flat surface like the pool deck or the pool stairs, on my belly, and I kind of throw my weight into my legs to get it up. Even then, I'm only successful 85% of the time. The hard part about it is keeping the fluke from falling off to one side when it goes straight up. It's 25 pounds, so getting it to go straight up behind me and not fall off to one side and drag me with it is difficult sometimes, especially when there's waves that are already knocking me off balance. I definitely want to get a tail with a competitor to see if it's any lighter and easier to control.

That being said, I still love the finis foil in my tail because it looks wonderful and flowy and natural in pictures where I've got it up, it doesn't take as much effort to swim with it because there's less water resistance because the fluke is able to bend more, and I can do this nifty thing where if I'm floating on my belly in the water and I flip over, my fluke flops out of the water and splashes and it just looks really great.

Anyways, continue with whatever you guys were talking about earlier.

deepblue
10-09-2013, 01:31 AM
Sounds like Merbella needs an intern who can go through all the emails in exchange for something like learning tail making or who knows what. I've no doubt the amount of nonsense email she must get- when working in book selling we got dozens a day that never followed through, and that was for something as common and usually inexpensive as books.

Marlin
10-09-2013, 01:40 AM
@ Deepblue- I volunteer! :D

Mer-Crazy
10-09-2013, 01:59 AM
I'd gladly help to look through Raven's emails for her <3

Merley
10-09-2013, 02:41 AM

Steering away from the potential drama....... let us all be awed by the full awesomeness of the Ursula top.

Omg that full pic of the top. Mine. So getting one. Also, where are you guys getting these pictures, I don't see them posted to fb anywhere.

Merman Arion
10-09-2013, 04:39 AM
Sounds like Merbella needs an intern who can go through all the emails in exchange for something like learning tail making or who knows what. I've no doubt the amount of nonsense email she must get- when working in book selling we got dozens a day that never followed through, and that was for something as common and usually inexpensive as books.

I don't know if i qualify but i would love to help her too. Since i'm unemployed at this moment, i have plenty of time ahead of me.

AniaR
10-09-2013, 09:18 AM
Intern really doesn't work. There's too many things only she could answer and the more people going through emails the more room for communication error. Everyone thinks that suggestion is a cure all but in practice all tail makers who try it end up with more issues.

Merman Arion
10-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Intern really doesn't work. There's too many things only she could answer and the more people going through emails the more room for communication error. Everyone thinks that suggestion is a cure all but in practice all tail makers who try it end up with more issues.

Oh well... At least, i offered my help. :)
It must have been tough, even for you, to go through her mails.
I hope that she can find, in the future, a good secretary. That would be awesome for her.

Marlin
10-09-2013, 11:35 AM
@ Raina- You may be right about that- but from reading a few of your past posts on how many "Do you make tails" and "Can I get a free one made for reason blah blah blah" messages she gets on a daily basis, any small amount of auto-filter on that would be helpful. At least- IMO. I wasn't thinking technical responses; but someone to sift through the pile and organize it for someone more qualified to quickly go through with responses to "actual" e-mails.

deepblue
10-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Yes, that's all I was thinking. It's easy enough to train someone to simply sort out what actually needs to go to the next pair of eyes. But, it's also not a business I've been in so I can't imagine what Raven is actually dealing with.

ps, Not to imply Raven hasn't thought of that on her own. It was just me thinking out loud. (So to speak.)

Merman Arion
10-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Raven seems to have been hacked for real. No wonder why nobody got a reply from her. :(

Ariel-Starfish
10-09-2013, 01:16 PM
:jawdrop: damn!

AniaR
10-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Yup. Its such a mess ugh. Keep ya posted

Blaze
10-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Yup. Its such a mess ugh. Keep ya posted

I can't be the only one that wants to reach through the computer and strangle the guy asking 'Can you make cheaper tails?' :doh:

Merman Arion
10-09-2013, 02:08 PM
I can't be the only one that wants to reach through the computer and strangle the guy asking 'Can you make cheaper tails?' :doh:

Nope, you aren't the only one. I want to strangle him too but then, again, "when you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all", so i shut my mouth but i had pure killing intention LOL :p

I'm seriously getting annoyed by this kind of people not bothering to check before asking. :headwall:

Marlin
10-09-2013, 03:08 PM
@Deepblue- That's a good point too.

@ Scarlet- Nope me too; but it does give you a small insight into some of the carp Raven deals with.

Blaze
10-09-2013, 03:27 PM
@ Scarlet- Nope me too; but it does give you a small insight into some of the carp Raven deals with.

You forget I have several websites where I make custom costumes and gowns for others. I have *plenty* of insight of allllll the CARP lol. October is the worst month of all for me... I dread the emails!

deepblue
10-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Ugh, what is with mermaids and hacking lately? :(

Marlin
10-09-2013, 04:20 PM
@ Scarlet- Well- not just you, but the community as a whole.

Blaze
10-09-2013, 04:38 PM
@ Scarlet- Well- not just you, but the community as a whole.

Ah gotcha. :D

AniaR
10-09-2013, 05:16 PM
yeah, she was going through emails trying to figure out what happened to Aurora's and then she realized ones she had saved and starred were gone. :/ so she got some friends to test by sending new ones- all went right to trash. Not even junk. Only thing going to inbox is spam @_@ ugh. There are ways to restore emails and secondary verification that can be put in too. It's just so annoying -_- on top of everything else.... this... so lame. -_-

And yeah, I want to smack that guy. There are too many idiots who make comments like that.

AniaR
10-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Also, I want to remind people again, I helped them with a FAQ a while back about email response times, and wait times for tails: https://www.facebook.com/notes/merbella-studios-inc/faq-about-wait-times-and-email-response-times/542703012452450

Elle
10-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Raven seems to have been hacked for real. No wonder why nobody got a reply from her. :(

The last comment is funny because email didn't exist until 1993.....

Thalassa
10-09-2013, 07:23 PM
So should I resend some emails or wait till the issues seem to be resolved.

AniaR
10-09-2013, 07:50 PM
She hasnt told me yet that it's been resolved :s I'll let you know when I hear something!

Anahita
10-09-2013, 08:11 PM

Strangle is one of the nicer things I want to do to them... Especially AFTER she JUST LOWERED HER PRICE FOR THE PERFORMANCE TAIL. :headdesk:

AniaR
10-09-2013, 08:21 PM

:(

AniaR
10-09-2013, 08:25 PM
so it's really important if you are a CURRENT CLIENT or I'd say someone like Thalassa who has already planned with Raven to send their tail back, that you EMAIL RAVEN right now so she can confirm she's got your info

PearlieMae
10-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Damn! As my Mammaw used to say, if it ain't one thing, its half a dozen!

Blondie
10-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Blah, what rotten luck :\ I guess it's better to get this straightened out now rather than later though.

AniaR
10-09-2013, 09:46 PM
And already people ignore the current clients only request.... Geesh!

Thalassa
10-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Sent an email that hopefully has a lot of what we talked about down. Fins crossed that it works!

Mermaid Syrena
10-10-2013, 11:01 AM

Let's gather around the guy in a circle. Flukes up, ready- one, two, three...

MerEmma
10-10-2013, 12:20 PM
OMG! I LOVE the fins, the fluke, the scales, the colors... o_o <3

Reminds me of blue raspberry and lemonade. I'm not fond of heel fins much ever but ahhhhh those are so well painted they just match so well. Same with the hip or pelvic fins up top!

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1375656_597698033619614_1875194109_n.jpg

Mizuko
10-10-2013, 06:04 PM
I LOVE that tail!! I'm a huge fan of extra fins so I hope there will be photos of the customer underwater so I can see how the fins move!! :D

Anahita
10-10-2013, 06:08 PM
And already people ignore the current clients only request.... Geesh!

I really wish I could slap those people. So selfish and rude. Like, because THEY have to send their email that's probably already been answered in the FAQ, now people who actually ARE clients will have their emails swamped under a myriad of BS.

MerEmma
10-10-2013, 07:00 PM
AHHHH.
IT'S. SO. PRETTY.

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1385873_597874076935343_1332403930_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1381671_597873413602076_1057085932_n.jpg

SeaSister
10-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Raven's gotten CRAZY good at hiding seams... doesn't that second picture show where a seam should be? Or not? I can't even tell. o_o

Mizuko
10-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Those colours <3 *drools*

deepblue
10-10-2013, 08:04 PM
The latest posted to FB.

I so completely envy whoever is going to receive this one. The colors on the flukes.. omg. Another gorgeous Angler design.

Anahita
10-10-2013, 08:08 PM
I'm in love with the colors on that one!

MerEmma
10-10-2013, 08:15 PM
WOW. Such a unique color scheme.

Mer-Crazy
10-10-2013, 08:54 PM
The latest posted to FB.

I so completely envy whoever is going to receive this one. The colors on the flukes.. omg. Another gorgeous Angler design.
I hereby decree that tail the toxic OR wicked tail, which ever people like most. Well... not really, but that's what I thought when I first saw it. More of a darker mermaid image. Beautiful, absolutely love it, but ever so slightly evil. Haha.

Elle
10-10-2013, 08:57 PM
vaguely irritated....purely because these were the colours I was contemplating
and now I feel I need to pick different colours or I'm copying

Mer-Crazy
10-10-2013, 09:16 PM
I think it's fine to have the same colours, especially if the design's different. You could make your colours more bold maybe, since this one seems to have played them down a bit. More pastel/pale/mellow than vibrant and striking.

AniaR
10-10-2013, 09:19 PM
I call it the Hulk tail. lol. Raven is great at using the same colours but making them look different ;)

Phoenix Mermaid
10-10-2013, 10:12 PM
I love that tail! The colors are like.... woah awesome.

Blondie
10-10-2013, 10:25 PM
I feel like the darker tail look slightly like my design I drew a while back here except without the black.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/Sliver_Shine29/tail5_zpsabeb0cfa.png

I mean it was based off of the northern lights so :P I don't think it's copied at all xD Just a good color scheme.

AniaR
10-10-2013, 11:08 PM
yeah this is a client's rush ordered tail. Not a merbellas created from their head tail :p I personally am not a fan of the stripes. But I think the fluke looks freaking amazing. Almost got that sheen of an oil slick

Merley
10-10-2013, 11:41 PM
Anyone have luck getting though to Raven yet? Sent her an email after the fb status was posted and no response. I'm sure she's overwhelmed with email. Just hope she got it. Also where did you find the angler template, Blondie? I want to work on my color scheme.

Elle
10-11-2013, 12:02 AM
Anyone have luck getting though to Raven yet? Sent her an email after the fb status was posted and no response. I'm sure she's overwhelmed with email. Just hope she got it. Also where did you find the angler template, Blondie? I want to work on my color scheme.

Go to the FB page and look at the albums...it's in an album called "design your merbella tail"

SeaSister
10-11-2013, 01:13 AM
It's very Halloween-y in my opinion... like the kind of tail for a sea-witch, cackling as she whizzes about the ocean with some sort of malicious fish on a seaweed-and-driftwood broomstick. XD
Not sure if that's the image they were going for or not.

deepblue
10-11-2013, 01:47 AM
yeah this is a client's rush ordered tail. Not a merbellas created from their head tail :p I personally am not a fan of the stripes. But I think the fluke looks freaking amazing. Almost got that sheen of an oil slick

Same here, the fluke is amazing, but I'm picturing the rest of the tail differently. :) I'm not a fan of stripes or dots most of the time, but on occasion I see some I really like.

Talia
10-11-2013, 03:25 AM
No, I'm just saying, Aurora said that Raven told her not to pay till it was done. I mean... What do you say? "No I want to pay now because I want priority?" I mean honestly if Raven said to me, "I don't know how much it will close so we'll discuss the payment when I finish it." I'd be like "Okay!" Because I mean... What else do you say? Is this just me or? I don't know..

I'm not bashing her I'm just saying it sounds a little unprofessional. I know how hard Raven works. But even though her tails are priority it doesn't mean a headdress should be put off for 8 months and forgotten about. And I'm just curious to why Raven never hit Aurora up with an email like, "Hey you still are interested in this headdress right?"

Blondie, I agree with you. It also sounds unprofessional to me.

Maybe a thing one could have present in the future for a custom order like that, if she doesn't know how much to charge would be to say, "OK, if you don't know the final price, maybe I can pay you X now, and when you finish you tell me if there is any more left for me to pay, or reinburse me the difference". That way you become a paying customer and you don't have to be put at the end of a list of which you do not know the lenght of (or the time it will get to ship) to get a product that you are interested in.

When I ordered my top I did not know I was going to be at the end of a list of tail customers. I assumed the top was not going to be out in 3 mere weeks as the listing said, but I did not expect to be the last one in being taken care of either. A paying customer is a paying customer. I always assumed these kind of businesses operated in a first come, first served basis, no matter the amount you are paying for an article.

I am not bashing. I am saying that many of the issues Raven has have to do with her not talking to and not being clear with her customers.

Merley
10-11-2013, 03:28 AM
Go to the FB page and look at the albums...it's in an album called "design your merbella tail"

Thanks, Elle. Apparently you can't look up albums on fb mobile.

Reminds me of blue raspberry and lemonade. I'm not fond of heel fins much ever but ahhhhh those are so well painted they just match so well. Same with the hip or pelvic fins up top!

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1375656_597698033619614_1875194109_n.jpg

I'm totally in agreement. Aside from dorsals, I' not really a fan of extra fins but this makes me rethink that. So pretty. It made my heart stop a little.

Mer-Crazy
10-11-2013, 04:19 AM
I'm totally in agreement. Aside from dorsals, I' not really a fan of extra fins but this makes me rethink that. So pretty. It made my heart stop a little.
I'm a little divided about dorsals myself. They look awesome in underwater pictures, but other than that they just flop over on land and look a little awkward when you swim because they bend strangely at the knees. There was a mermaid (I forget her name now, but people have told me it's Nerine the Arctic Mermaid) but she had a really good idea with Jesse to have a kind of split dorsal fin, which stopped either side if the knee to prevent that awkward bend. Personally, I'd never get one, I'm more of a hip fin lover. But each to their own, all of us are individual and it makes all the individual tails so awesome!

SeaSister
10-11-2013, 04:25 AM
Mermaid Selene, the mr you're thinking of is Nerine the arctic mermaid. I do agree that in her case the dorsal looked great, but otherwise I'm not a huge fan of extra fins... at least, not enough that I'd spend a lot of extra money on it. Pectoral fins might be kind of cool or a small, partial dorsal fin, but it's not like I'd feel a huge loss without them.

Anahita
10-11-2013, 04:30 AM
There was a mermaid (I forget her name now) but she had a really good idea with Jesse to have a kind of split dorsal fin, which stopped either side if the knee to prevent that awkward bend.

I think Nerine the Arctic Mermaid is who you're talking about. I love her tail, and yes, that dorsal split is part of the reason for it.

MerEmma
10-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Personally I much prefer smaller dorsals, ones that are very short and don't take up much of the tail. That's me, though and many tails (see the blue and yellow one!) pull off a dorsal pretty darn well.

*Celine*
10-11-2013, 01:42 PM
this is maybe a stupid question but if I wanna buy Raven's accessories, is it best to mail her or can I make an inquiry on her Facebook page? I'm in desperate need of some bling and hers are just breathtaking.

Phoenix Mermaid
10-11-2013, 02:36 PM

I sent her an email too, but haven't heard anything back from her. I only have tops left being made so I kinda figured it would be a lower priority. But I hope she did get the email.

AniaR
10-11-2013, 03:49 PM
She'll post accessories on etsy when she's ready to sell them

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

*Celine*
10-11-2013, 05:32 PM
She'll post accessories on etsy when she's ready to sell them

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10)

Thank you!

Talia
10-11-2013, 06:06 PM
I sent her an email too, but haven't heard anything back from her. I only have tops left being made so I kinda figured it would be a lower priority. But I hope she did get the email.

I also sent her an email, but I did not get a response either.

Mer-Crazy
10-11-2013, 06:22 PM

Okay, so I've been trying to figure this tail out. Those pectoral (or what I'd assume was pectoral) fins at the top, they don't seem to be attached to the tail yet. Has Raven just not put them on yet or are they some kind of amazing new detachable fins she's created?

Anahita
10-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Okay, so I've been trying to figure this tail out. Those pectoral (or what I'd assume was pectoral) fins at the top, they don't seem to be attached to the tail yet. Has Raven just not put them on yet or are they some kind of amazing new detachable fins she's created?

lmao. She just hasn't attached them yet. Although, detachable fins would be pretty cool.

Mermaid Kalliope
10-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Selene - She probably hasn't attached them yet. I don't think it's quite possible to have detachable fins on a silicone tail. :-P

Not a huge fan of blue tails, usually, but I can't help like every single one she makes. :-D

Gah! I can't wait for updates on my tail!

I have also emailed her and have received no reply. I figure she's busy with rush orders. I just hope mine doesn't get pushed too far back. :-/ I have a lot of people expecting me to get it soon. >< (Not for gigs, mind you, just curious/expectant/anxious friends)

Merley
10-11-2013, 06:55 PM
I'm waiting anxiously to see your tail, Kailani. I want to see the biggest fluke she's ever made. Also, I've been meaning to ask you, Kailani is a very Hawaiian name, did you pick it or is that your real name?

Ariel-Starfish
10-12-2013, 10:38 AM
I really hope Raven is doing fine atm and can sort things out.

Mermaid Kalliope
10-12-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm waiting anxiously to see your tail, Kailani. I want to see the biggest fluke she's ever made. Also, I've been meaning to ask you, Kailani is a very Hawaiian name, did you pick it or is that your real name?

I picked it. :-P I felt the name just suited me, and my tail is very tropical. I drew inspiration from the flame angel fish and guppies. I prefer warmer waters and would loooove to learn more about Hawaiian culture. ^-^ Besides, it's pretty! (I also have the nickname Taika or Tai for short, so answering to Kai would be easy.)

So, I guess a lot of reasons!

As for my tail, I'm hoping everyone's gonna love it! She's already posted picks of the fluke design because she used it for one of her tails. It's the... purple/grey (?) One. I think it's grey, might be white. Either way it has a crazy cool pattern on it. XD I posted a picture not too far back of it. I can't post pics through my mobile.

Anyone seen those new anglers?! Daaaaaang they look good together!! So many angler flukes! Just all of a sudden!

Also, can't wait to hear back! Glad she's been getting through her emails. :3 Sucks they were deleted, but, hey, at least it gave her the chance to start fresh. (Minus the pesky ones who emailed her anyways and AREN'T current clients. :-/ Oh, well.... )

Seatan
10-12-2013, 07:23 PM
From FB:

Man these are GORGEOUS!!! I wish Raven much luck in whizzing through all those orders just so someday I can have a chance at her amazing tops! I LOVE the rainbow shells! Goodness, it makes you want to "Collect Em All"!

MerEmma
10-12-2013, 07:29 PM
She's been posting so much, OMG. <3333

Blaze
10-12-2013, 09:15 PM
From FB:

I LOVE the sculpt on these shells! A unique spin & I love it! Must have three pairs. ;D

AniaR
10-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Maybe now people will get why she hasn't been responding to emails, she's been doing all this stuff for clients :p

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/894431_598892873500130_1331164069_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/883703_598892150166869_1722269483_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1378533_598876176835133_875020018_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/616459_598875290168555_172866303_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1271762_598854466837304_1970278267_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1380096_598846860171398_1992784942_n.jpg

AniaR
10-12-2013, 09:35 PM
You know what is crazy? I was just looking at her fb, Raven almost has 12,000 fans. That's half the fans of people like Eric, Melissa, Hannah etc. Raven has barely had any publicity for her business- and all of what she has has been local media coverage of the mermaid tank stuff, nothing about her tail making. So without publicity, media exposure, big clients/gigs, celebs etc Raven in less than 2 years has gained half the fans of people who are considered famous in our community and been at it longer. Everytime the other tail makers and famous mermaids get media exposure I always watch their fan base jump (sometimes like crazy) on FB (the number of "likes") but that's not how Raven gets her "likes". She gets it because people freaking love the work she does. I think that's really amazing when you stop and thinking about it. There isn't outside influence, it's just her work speaking for itself. It kinda blows my mind when I reflect on it, because my tail will be two years old soon... and I look at how much and how far she's grown and come in these two years. MIND BLOWING.

Seatan
10-12-2013, 10:00 PM
That is amazing, Raina. Gosh, imagine what she could do WITH publicity. The only downside is that it's such a specialized craft, she can only churn out so many. But I can see why she has so many fans. Her work is pretty mindblowing.

Sephina
10-12-2013, 10:18 PM
From FB:

Man these are GORGEOUS!!! I wish Raven much luck in whizzing through all those orders just so someday I can have a chance at her amazing tops! I LOVE the rainbow shells! Goodness, it makes you want to "Collect Em All"!
I need the silver one in my life.

Merman Arion
10-13-2013, 05:23 AM
You know what is crazy? I was just looking at her fb, Raven almost has 12,000 fans. That's half the fans of people like Eric, Melissa, Hannah etc. Raven has barely had any publicity for her business- and all of what she has has been local media coverage of the mermaid tank stuff, nothing about her tail making. So without publicity, media exposure, big clients/gigs, celebs etc Raven in less than 2 years has gained half the fans of people who are considered famous in our community and been at it longer. Everytime the other tail makers and famous mermaids get media exposure I always watch their fan base jump (sometimes like crazy) on FB (the number of "likes") but that's not how Raven gets her "likes". She gets it because people freaking love the work she does. I think that's really amazing when you stop and thinking about it. There isn't outside influence, it's just her work speaking for itself. It kinda blows my mind when I reflect on it, because my tail will be two years old soon... and I look at how much and how far she's grown and come in these two years. MIND BLOWING.

No wonder why Eric sees her as a threat.
He knows he can't pull the same thing without publicity. He's well aware that she can have as many fans as him someday without pulling some strings first.

Mer-Crazy
10-13-2013, 05:36 AM
No wonder why Eric sees her as a threat.
He knows he can't pull the same thing without publicity. He's well aware that she can have as many fans as him someday without pulling some strings first.
I didn't know Eric saw her as a threat :/

Ariel-Starfish
10-13-2013, 07:01 AM

I know what u mean Raina! I may not have my tail this long ( It's 3,5 months now) but I really prase myself lucky owning a tail made by her! I even don't know why people (that own a basic tail) directly start saving for a performane. I love my basic tail! It takes long to dry, but is much more esier to get in to, it's not that SUPER heavy and idk... I just LOVE my tail! I will have loads of fun years with my tail, i'm treating it if it was my baby xD lol I know the tail itself is not going to hold/last forever, but it costs me ALOT (2000 Dollar in total, with shipping etc.) So i'm treating it like other people would to if... They buy there first car or something? :p lol But u know what I mean ^^ hehe

sorry for all the blabbering, I just had a moment. ^^

Ariel-Starfish
10-13-2013, 08:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzKWHgwJwWg

New swimming video. :) I tried to edit it with Youtube video editor, but it did not work :doh:.

Echidna
10-13-2013, 09:29 AM
^^hehe.
I can't figure out the youtube editor...took me ages to navigate through the settings.
Far too facebookey now if you ask me. I had to watch a tutorial how to change the username lol!

(And I'm pretty tech-savvy away from "sharey-platforms", mind. I've written programs and animations for SL.)

Jessica
10-13-2013, 10:16 AM

Only two years?! I thought she had been making tails much longer than that! Her work is just beautiful! I'm curious though...do you have any idea how many tails she's made? It seems like every time I turn around I see new tails!

Honestly though her work really inspires me. Her painting skills are just incredible! She does an amazing job blending colors. :)

AniaR
10-13-2013, 10:52 AM
I'm honestly just so proud of her. I think the thing people miss is that she's not trying to be famous, she's not trying to beat out other tail makers etc. She just wants to make art and make stuff that makes others and herself happy. I remember MVD saying something along those same lines as well a while back too. She doesn't try to threaten other tail makers, or try to one up em, or constantly engage in a battle... she's just too busy for that lol. And that level of drama is exhausting. She just tries to out do herself. When I sent her my tail to be taken in and extra fins etc she was embarrassed she ever sent it to me to begin with because she knows so much more now, and was so much better. But I loved it either way <3

She made her own alex plus tails personally a few years earlier, but she only ever sold them second hand because she didn't endorse the materials once she realized how bad they were. I do believe when she fixed my old mertailor tail, that was her first time doing anything like that. My silicone tail was her FIRST silicone tail she made, and I'm not sure how many since then but I think it's a lot :p

We're lucky in the mercommunity to work with such amazing artists. You're really getting a piece of a person's soul.

shimmygoddess
10-13-2013, 11:20 AM
That is because she is a true artist at heart. Her work is fabulous and all my communications with her have always been timely. I emailed her the other day b/c they requested it after the hacking and I heard back within an hour, got all my stuff updated..Now I just have to be patient and wait. LOL

Thalassa
10-14-2013, 05:24 AM
I still haven't heard back from her...then again I may be on the back burner for the moment because I'm not a rush order.

Mermaid Isabel(:
10-14-2013, 06:39 AM
I still haven't heard back from her...then again I may be on the back burner for the moment because I'm not a rush order.

I haven't heard back yet either you're not alone :) I'm not a rush order either.

Merley
10-14-2013, 06:50 AM
Same. No reply yet. But her updates show she's been working on actually completing orders, so who can be upset.

AniaR
10-14-2013, 12:20 PM
I know she has to get those rush orders out first and she's working every day except for when she sleeps... literally. lol So you should be hearing soon :)
and Thalassa I know she can't wait to get her hands on your tail just like when she had mine, lol we've talked about it.

Talia
10-14-2013, 02:45 PM
I did not heard back either.

Mermaid Kalliope
10-14-2013, 04:51 PM
I, too, haven't heard back nor am I a rush order. I'm sure she'll get back to me, I'm just anxious.

And Raina, I really must agree about her climb in likes. :-) It's nice to be appreciated for what you make, not the publicity you receive.

And I'm too tired to type more. Haha :-P Night jobs.

Thalassa
10-14-2013, 07:14 PM
I know she has to get those rush orders out first and she's working every day except for when she sleeps... literally. lol So you should be hearing soon :)
and Thalassa I know she can't wait to get her hands on your tail just like when she had mine, lol we've talked about it.

Haha! I'm so glad! I'm afraid she's going to look at it and have a heart attack, the poor thing...I didn't understand how to be careful with it the first little bit, so it's a little banged up. She's such a dear! Fins crossed for everyone to hear back soon!

Mermaid Kalliope
10-17-2013, 06:58 AM
Any word from Raven? I still haven't heard back. :'(

Just gettin' anxious over here. :-/

Merley
10-17-2013, 07:07 AM
I haven't heard back either, Kailani :/

MerEmma
10-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Maybe send an email? I'm sure she got overhwhelmed by so many at once. :\

AniaR
10-17-2013, 10:32 AM
They were gone performing

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Mermaid Lorelei
10-17-2013, 12:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2-TG7iIPT0

Ursala top video!

Blaze
10-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Love that video! Heh and that song!

Jessica
10-17-2013, 02:19 PM
That's the best video yet! The Ursula top is just amazing.

Phoenix Mermaid
10-17-2013, 03:07 PM
I heard from her last week I think. It was just a quick email about my rainbow top, I relied but nothing yet. I didn't see her online since then so I thought they were probably gone on performances.

awh the Ursula top is gorgeous! I want it for my collection :jawdrop:

Talia
10-18-2013, 03:39 AM
No news for me yet either.

That Ursula top is just gorgeous! Although when I see it, I think more of Cthulhu than of Ursula (not a Disney's Little Mermaid fan here).

I am more interested in the dark side of the sea (i.e. Lovecraft) than in the usual "brightness" that mermaids are normally associated with. I have always figured than evil mermaids (as the ones in Pirates of the Caribbean) would be more than happy to be Cthulhu's minions.

Mermaid Kelda
10-18-2013, 03:40 AM
Ahhh, it looks so good!
Seeing as it's a product video, though, some more shots of the actual product would have been nice. Yes, she's very pretty, but it's not her people want to buy! xD

Merley
10-18-2013, 03:47 AM
Agreed, Melania. I wanted more shots of the top. She's pretty and all, but I wanted to see it in full view. But gah sooooo much love. It's my favorite top of her's I've seen yet. I definitely want one.

Blondie
10-18-2013, 03:48 AM
I was just about to say that xD There's not really a good shot of the whole top and showing it's wonderful detail.

Anahita
10-18-2013, 05:07 AM
I'm thinking the same thing too.... like the ones where they're showing the tails and the scales too, if I didn't already know what those flukes and scales looked like, I'd have a hard time figuring them out (the Mermaid Jenny one is hard to see the detail of the scales AND the shape of the Merfin fluke since it only appears in fleeting clips, usually moving, and the Mermaid Sommer one, while it does show the fluke a bit better, and more still, doesn't really show it fully)

Are they going to release a full video catalog in the end and these are just clips, or are these THE catalog?

PearlieMae
10-18-2013, 07:57 AM
Great video, but the focus is definitely on the model and not the item...if I didn't see the title of the video, I would have thought it was to promote the mermaid.

Mermaid Octavia
10-18-2013, 08:29 AM
I am more interested in the dark side of the sea (i.e. Lovecraft) than in the usual "brightness" that mermaids are normally associated with. I have always figured than evil mermaids (as the ones in Pirates of the Caribbean) would be more than happy to be Cthulhu's minions.

Hi um... I love you forever. <3

And I'm in agreement with others - I thought the video focused too much on the model and not the product. I was hoping to see a lot of up-close detail on the top because I would love one!

AniaR
10-18-2013, 08:50 AM
That's cuz these are teaser videos. Its supposed to be mysterious and leave you wanting more. ;)

PearlieMae
10-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Then they aren't very good at teasing. :thinks:

AniaR
10-18-2013, 12:41 PM
If it gave all the stuff you suggested it wouldn't be a teaser...

Thalassa
10-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Guys: you know a teaser? One that gets you interested and wanting to see more? A teaser trailer gets you looking for the stuff you mentioned, gets you saying, "This looks like something I want to see more of, I want to keep an eye out for the detailed video." It's not a "here's everything about this." More of a, "Hey, this exists, keep an eye out for more details!"

From your comments about wanting to see more of the top, looks like the teaser accomplished its purpose.

Mermaid Kalliope
10-18-2013, 05:01 PM
The video won't work. :-(

Buuuuuut... I heard back from Raven! Yay! My tail is in "the home stretch" and photos possibly soon! *does a happy dance* Also, I hardly realised what day it was when I asked if anyone had heard back from her. My current job has me all thrown off.

Merley
10-18-2013, 05:35 PM
I heard back too, Kailani. You should have heard my fangirl squeals to see her name in my inbox. I'm confused about your tail tho, if it's the purple one with the big fluke that one of the models has been wearing, is it not finished or something? It seems pretty functional to me.

MerEmma
10-18-2013, 05:47 PM
No, that was just a test run of the sort Raven did for the new fluke mold I think.

AniaR
10-18-2013, 05:48 PM
Yay. and high five Thalassa. I also love their music choice :d

Merley
10-18-2013, 05:49 PM
Also, if anyone's interested, Raven said the Ursula tops are going to be between $225-275 when she starts selling them.

Mermaid Kalliope
10-19-2013, 07:05 AM
Waikiki - That isn't my tail. XD That's just my fluke. Mine is very much a different colour. :-P

Pictures hopefully soon!

Talia
10-19-2013, 07:27 AM
I am still waiting for news. Sent a second email, in case the first one got lost.

Seatan
10-19-2013, 11:28 AM
Oh man, I am dying for that Ursula top! As for the video being a teaser, the only thing I wished was that it had at last ONE quick shot of the whole top instead of always having the bottom part cut off. It's really hard to see what it looks like when you don't get to see how it cups the breasts at the bottom even once.

Mer-Crazy
10-19-2013, 06:31 PM
They did post a picture of it on their instagram about 2 weeks ago <3
http://instagram.com/p/fLH0MYogeH/

AniaR
10-19-2013, 06:54 PM
which was also posted in this thread, lol earlier

Seatan
10-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Oooh, I didn't see it (this thread fills up so quickly that it's easy to miss posts). Goodness it's gorgeous!

Mermaid Kalliope
10-20-2013, 12:13 AM
So, I got a random huge burst of excitement earlier and started jumping around and giggling. XD

Wheeeee~

I still need to watch that video. :-/

EDIT: Watched it! Haha loooooove the music choice. Great teaser!

Ariel-Starfish
10-23-2013, 12:54 PM
I still haven't heard from Raven. I ordered my top in mid April and she was going to send me some tail glue along with my top in august. Last time U heard from her was August 7, wauting for the bigger bra sizes to arrive. I have send 3 emails scince her email got fixed. And I know it's just a top and tails are going in front at the line... but I actually want my tail glue TO! :3

AniaR
10-23-2013, 01:29 PM
All you can really do is keep emailing
That's a long time to wait but I remember there was a whole ordeal over the largers bras coming in.

Mermaid Kalliope
10-23-2013, 04:45 PM
I think she's just super busy cranking out current orders and waiting for bras.

Like Raina said, keep emailing. I'm betting she isn't on the computer everyday. :-/ poor girl works so hard.

AniaR
10-23-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm betting she isn't on the computer everyday she isn't. lol

Mermaid Kalliope
10-23-2013, 08:24 PM
she isn't. lol

Haha I do not blame her in the least. XD computers are distracting and take a lot of time. :-P

MerEmma
10-23-2013, 09:28 PM
TAILLLLLLLLLLL! <3333

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/988726_605442876178463_1524124210_n.jpg

It's just. So. Gorgeous. <3 I love the bright colors SO much, lately I've been drawing designs based off of a blue and yellow macaw and this is just...I'm not too fond of blue tails much but these COLORS. <3

Blondie
10-24-2013, 01:54 AM
I dig those colors!!

So bright and tropical. What a lucky mer! That is such a neat tail!

Mermaid Kalliope
10-24-2013, 02:38 AM
IT GLOWS, TOO. 8D

Ariel-Starfish
10-27-2013, 06:10 AM
I wonder how it looks when it glows? :)

AniaR
10-27-2013, 09:06 AM
FYI I forgot to post that raven is away performing

Mermaid Kalliope
10-27-2013, 09:56 AM
That girl gets no free time. :-/

So, two weeks since the last e-mail! Gah! Time flies. XD seriously thought it might have been a week. Eeeeee~

Who else is waiting for a tail? I can't possibly be the only one.

Merley
10-27-2013, 10:02 AM
I emailed her asking about possibly starting mine and the potential to resize it in the future if I end up losing weight since my Mermaidsrus practice tail ended up being a total dud. No response yet. Probably because she's out performing.

AniaR
10-27-2013, 10:06 AM
Yes I personally haven't heard from her in over a week and she usually checks in at least once a week to update me on her progress, so if she hasn't had time to check in, Im not surprised no one has gotten email replies.

shimmygoddess
10-27-2013, 12:40 PM
I am waiting for one. Ordered mid August. I cannot wait...Trying to be patient ;)

MerEmma
10-27-2013, 01:17 PM
I still feel like it's spring. When you said mid August I thought you meant last year and I got so confused. LOL. Time flies...far too fast. >_<

Mermaid Kalliope
10-27-2013, 08:47 PM
I actually just talked to her Thursday. O.o I still need to send her something, but I've been crazy busy and exhausted. @.@ I'm not waiting for a reply. XD

Shimmy! It will be worth it! I ordered mine April 30th

mermaid Syrean
10-27-2013, 11:30 PM
I am waiting on my basic tail :P
I ordered mine mid August aswell <3 i just cant wait for the email back from her saying "just to update you i have started your tail" once i get that i wont be so eager lol <3

AniaR
10-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Just a heads up Raven got home today and will be posting updates soon. We caught up. :)

Mermaid Kalliope
10-29-2013, 05:37 AM
Raina, you're so super. :-P ♥♥

Merley
10-29-2013, 05:47 AM
Got my reply back from her this morning, eek! More fan girl squeals.

Mermaid Kalliope
10-29-2013, 09:00 AM
Yay! Congrats, Waikiki! I'm going to email her later today with the reference picture finally. We just had a death in the household, so things have been hectic on top of my crazy job. :-(

Merley
10-29-2013, 09:52 AM
Thanks, Kailani. I need to get her my reference pics too and some measurements. Sorry for your loss. <3 I hope things get better sooner than later.

SeaNymph
10-29-2013, 11:34 AM
Kailani, Iīm waiting for my tail too, ordered in April like you. But I already got pictures of my tail. Ravenīs working like hell and I think we will get our tails very soon!!! :cool: And the tails are worth waiting for them, Raven does excellent quality!

Mermaid Kalliope
10-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Thank you, Waikiki. :-) I just need to get her my skintone reference. She has my tail design. XD

Aaaa! Lucky! I don't have pictures yet. My tail is super intricate. Haha I'm giving her quite a challenge!

Mermaid Dottie
10-29-2013, 06:13 PM
Yes you are. And you will probably end up being the most elaborate mermaid I know!

AniaR
10-29-2013, 06:19 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1383447_608398805882870_1695835127_n.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5FfK6lMhEnQ

Mermaid Kalliope
10-29-2013, 11:14 PM
Everytime I see that fluke....

I get so anxious! >< I cannot wait to see it with my colours! Gaaaah! -flops about- Somebody halp meh. I'm gonna explode from excitement. Hahaha

Ugh Beyond the Sea... I played it WAY too much in band then in marching band. Though, that was a really cool version of it.

Daww... widdle ones.

AniaR
10-29-2013, 11:35 PM
I really love that fluke

Mermaid Lorelei
10-29-2013, 11:37 PM
Kailani, I SOOO can't wait to see your tail! Augh!

And can I just say how much I want that seaweed top! -dies-

Mermaid Kalliope
10-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Raina- Thanks! It was so cool working with her on it and seeing what she did. It's so perfect. 8D

Lorelei - I can't wait either! I also can't wait to see yours when it's done. ^-^

Email sent. All that's left is to wait! :o

Mermaid Lorelei
10-30-2013, 09:10 PM
Kailani: Do you have a rough sketch I could see? I'm prying, I know. :P And I can't wait to see mine either. XD

MerEmma
10-30-2013, 09:59 PM
You ordered a tail, Lorelei? :D

Mermaid Lorelei
10-30-2013, 10:32 PM
I wish!!! But no, I'm repainting sections of my current tail. :P

MerEmma
10-30-2013, 10:34 PM
Ooh, exciting! Can't wait to see it. ;D

Mermaid Kalliope
10-31-2013, 09:12 AM
Lorelei - I won't post anything publicly, but if you send me a private message on Facebook, I can there. :-) Either my page or my personal, doesn't matter. PM me on here if you need the personal one. :-P

Ariel-Starfish
11-01-2013, 05:53 AM
oooh I can't wait seeing everyones new tail! <3 *exited!*

I got a replay from Raven 2 days back :) ,Now hoping she got my replay.

Mermaid Kalliope
11-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Got a reply back and she got my reference. :-)

Now, the waiting game.

AniaR
11-01-2013, 05:12 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1398680_10202360872682815_748011173_o.jpg

MerEmma
11-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Oh my gosh
too many tops o_o

Blondie
11-01-2013, 09:14 PM
:O_o:

There's so many!

Mermaid Kalliope
11-02-2013, 09:29 AM
Holy carp! Someone's been busy!

Merman Arion
11-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Holy carp! Someone's been busy!

Actually, these are not orders. All those tops are Raven's. She's showing everything she has made so far ;)

At least, that's what i think. I may be wrong though :)

MerEmma
11-02-2013, 11:06 AM
So many shell tops!

Mermaid Kalliope
11-04-2013, 06:24 AM
Actually, these are not orders. All those tops are Raven's. She's showing everything she has made so far ;)

At least, that's what i think. I may be wrong though :)

Oooooo.... STILL! That's a lot of tops and a lot of work! She's amazing! :D

Thalassa
11-04-2013, 11:29 PM
*drools over the variety* That is, like, part of the ultimate merdrobe!

Mermaid Lorelei
11-04-2013, 11:58 PM
Can I, I don't know, live in Raven's Mer-wardrobe?

Mermaid Kalliope
11-05-2013, 01:54 AM
XD Being surrounded by all that prettiness would be overwhelming.

Mer-Crazy
11-05-2013, 04:27 AM
I imagine a bed of tails to be quite comfortable <3

Edit: Also, I would kill for that white abalone top. I've been drooling over it since before I even bought my tail!

Mermaid Kalliope
11-05-2013, 06:55 PM
A bed of tails would be squishy! And maybe bumpy. Haha I won't know tikk I feel mine! I've never felt a silicone tail before!

Mizuko
11-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Silly question, does anyone remember this tail by Raven?

I reallyyyy want to see the whole thing! The colours are enchanting. I wonder who it went to? I've been curious for over a year! haha!

Mermaid Lorelei
11-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Definitely squishy Kailani!

And I was bored, so I couldn't the number of tops in the photo Raina posted. 30! Wow! I thought I was doing well to have 2!

Fun123joker
11-05-2013, 07:59 PM
the one top in the picture top row 3rd column, ribbons. thats all i gotta say. but 4th row second column is my favorite

MerEmma
11-05-2013, 08:07 PM
I don't know who that tail went to...it's so gorgeous though. All I know is that it was one of the last basics with fins she did...it's so pearly and gorgeous. o_o

Blondie
11-05-2013, 08:30 PM
I remember that tail too!
I was dying to see the full thing as well. Well.. I still am. It is stunning. I wonder who bought it.

Firemaid
11-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Silly question, does anyone remember this tail by Raven?

I reallyyyy want to see the whole thing! The colours are enchanting. I wonder who it went to? I've been curious for over a year! haha!

This is beautiful. omg. I want to see it!

AniaR
11-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Yeah, that was like a rush order I believe and Raven didn't get any other pics :/ too bad.

FYI She just got keys to their new space, so they're packing up and moving. :d theyve been preparing for a while but the place they had lined up before fell through. This one thankfully didn't. Raven seriously needs the space. So happy for her, should help the production time of the remaining tails once she's moved in :)

good luck to all who are waiting

AniaR
11-05-2013, 09:40 PM
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1424393_10202399005156103_1577895013_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1381826_10202377629541726_1431626713_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1382170_10202377629461724_1827032037_n.jpg

Mermaid Lorelei
11-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Woot! Glad they're getting a new space finally!

Mermaid Kalliope
11-05-2013, 11:54 PM
I thought they had already moved! Sorry to hear that the first place didn't work, but glad to hear they got something worked out! :-)

XD thanks, Raina! I'm trying my darnedest to be patient!

drucilla
11-06-2013, 12:50 AM
Okay, I know their base price for competitor tails but any ideas on VERY custom work?
I'm talking about crystals, glow in the dark paint areas, lights in the tail, and custom monofin shape, lots of extra fins and more.
I'm still perfecting my design but I would like to know what price range I'm looking at so I can save up, and know the time frame of when I'd finally be able to afford it. Thanks. Any ideas?

JamesGunnels
11-06-2013, 01:20 AM
I can honestly say that yours are my favorite tails! The colours you use are so beautiful and vibrant!

Mer-Crazy
11-06-2013, 04:40 AM
Okay, I know their base price for competitor tails but any ideas on VERY custom work?
I'm talking about crystals, glow in the dark paint areas, lights in the tail, and custom monofin shape, lots of extra fins and more.
I'm still perfecting my design but I would like to know what price range I'm looking at so I can save up, and know the time frame of when I'd finally be able to afford it. Thanks. Any ideas?
Okay, so I've tried to break the prices down as much as I can for you based off what I know/on her page (I'm sure Raina will be able to give you a better estimate but it's impossible without knowing EXACTLY what you want (i.e how many sets of fins/dorsal, etc)

-Base Performance Tail Price: $2,600
-EACH set of extra fins: $150
-Dorsal Fin: $300
-Custom Fluke: $400-$600 but can be MORE or LESS
-Glow in the Dark or UV black light reactive Spots: -Entire Tail: $200 -Spots/Stripes or Detailing: $75
-Glitter Top Coats: $50

-As far as I can see she doesn't list a price for crystals, so you'd have to ask.
-I'm not sure if she offers lights added to tails, it was experimented with a while ago but the tail was never presented as far as I know and she never put up anything about making it an option so it may not be.

And you can't forget postage, which will vary incredibly depending on where you live and weight.

Honestly the best way to get an accurate estimate would be to email Raven herself, even if it is just about the lights and crystals. Every other option I've listed above with prices she's listed.

Hope that helps :)

ON A SIDE NOTE:
Does anyone remember Raven posting a video of one of her tails reacting to UV light? I remember her posting it I swear but I can't find it. I'm trying to show a friend so help would be greatly appreciated :)

AniaR
11-06-2013, 07:34 AM
Its on her personal page not the merbellas page. ( video)

PearlieMae
11-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Raina, are you and Raven related? I swear, you look like you could be sisters!

And I apologize if this is a stupid question that everyone already knows! :doh:

AniaR
11-06-2013, 10:32 AM
While they are moving they have no internet access beyond phone

drucilla
11-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Wow, that's really cheap! I was planning on trying to save up 10k based on van daal's price point, and i thought ravens prices probably went up because she's very popular and theres a lot of add ons. Okay so this will be much easier to do than I thought.

shimmygoddess
11-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Kailani, you ordered back in April and are still waiting? oh boy, that means I will have alot longer of a wait then I thought. I guesstimated about 5 months..LOL...Sigh, Hope I get it in time for an event next April. How does the process usually go? After paying, I was a bit slack on getting the measurements, then when I heard back, I redid the measurements, b/c I didn't do all of them right. When they start working on someones do they let them know? I thought it was only when they start painting? I have sent in everything, reference pics, measurements, drawings, ect.

MerEmma
11-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Keep in mind Kailani had a custom fluke done for her tail, so that added on a fair bit of time to her wait. ^^

AniaR
11-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Some get tails within 3 months but lots of factors make them late
I think next year they should switch to waits are 3-5 months and then people can be happily surprised. That being said I'm sure you'll get by April.

They typically only contact once paint goes on unless they are worried about a measurement problem.

shimmygoddess
11-06-2013, 01:36 PM
Thanks ladies, I feel better now :)

Mermaid Kalliope
11-06-2013, 07:37 PM
I have more or less been in constant contact with her during the whole process, but I also had custom fins and fluke. She updated me with pictures of the clay sculptures and a few other things. I also sent her stuff and yeah. XD I guess it's a bit more than the average customer.

So, I really don't know, sorry. ><

Oh! Also, anyone here who has seen my tail will attest to the fact that I have a crazy elaborate paint job and it is taking her some time. XP I have a special tail. :P

AniaR
11-06-2013, 07:56 PM
a lot of people don't consider too that there is a queue. Just because someone orders a tail doesn't mean it's started the next day, it just goes to be next in line usually. (not saying it's any of you, just using the chance to say it!)

SeaSister
11-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Kailani, I'm DYING to see your tail! Every time you talk about it I just get more excited to see some pictures. Custom fluke, custom fins, crazy paint design... agh, I want to see this. XD (I've already seen the fluke design on Raven's personal tail, it's really cool)

JamesGunnels
11-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Kailani, I'm DYING to see your tail! Every time you talk about it I just get more excited to see some pictures. Custom fluke, custom fins, crazy paint design... agh, I want to see this. XD (I've already seen the fluke design on Raven's personal tail, it's really cool)

I am pretty sure I have seen the fluke, but not sure. Do you have a link for it or can I find it on the immediate thread?

Mermaid Kalliope
11-06-2013, 11:22 PM
*grins* I love all of this antici........pation for my tail.

JamesGunnels - There are pictures on this thread (about three of them) and pictures on her Merbella page. :-)

I will share all updates that I am allowed to share. (I have had her ask me to not post certain things.) Can't wait!

JamesGunnels
11-06-2013, 11:50 PM
*grins* I love all of this antici........pation for my tail.

JamesGunnels - There are pictures on this thread (about three of them) and pictures on her Merbella page. :-)

I will share all updates that I am allowed to share. (I have had her ask me to not post certain things.) Can't wait!

Is that a reference to the Rock Horror Picture Show? lol Alrighty! I'll check it out :)

Mermaid Kalliope
11-07-2013, 07:29 AM
Is that a reference to the Rock Horror Picture Show? lol Alrighty! I'll check it out :)

;P Maybe. I was wondering if anyone would get it.

PearlieMae
11-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Hehehe! I got it only because my daughter did Rocky for years!

JamesGunnels
11-07-2013, 07:23 PM
;P Maybe. I was wondering if anyone would get it.

lol my boyfriend loves Rocky Horror so certain things have managed to sink in =)

mermaid Syrean
11-09-2013, 12:02 AM
Anyone heard from Raven I've sent her two emails asking for an update on my tail and I've had no reply :(

AniaR
11-09-2013, 01:12 AM
they're in the middle of moving. She is literally working on all the orders alone while Tyler moves their house/studio. Don't expect to hear from her unless 1) she manages to finish your tail or 2) they're all moved in. (also, she'll contact you when she has an update. She only sends an update once one side of the tail is painted. To be sure you approve of the paint before she does the other side. )

mermaid Syrean
11-09-2013, 03:16 AM
Oh okay whoops I didn't know she was moving :( my bad I hope I haven't bothered her :(
hope the move goes wells thanks Raina I'll keep that in mind <3 I'll stop emailing her now lol

AniaR
11-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Yeah I've been posting it here :) I know it's not ideal to have to check the thread but they don't have internet right now (I mentioned earlier). So I just catch up with her when I can (like 2 minutes a week right now if I'm lucky, lol) and post it here!

Mermaid Kalliope
11-09-2013, 06:40 PM
It must be so exciting for them to have a bigger place. :-) it's nice that their company has grown so quickly. ^-^

MerEmma
11-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Seems like Raven is always moving shop! :P

Mermaid Kalliope
11-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Slowly approaching 200 days! (I'm six days off; 194) What's the current record? Haha

AniaR
11-10-2013, 06:58 PM
I think mine was the record actually... Lol

MerMatt
11-10-2013, 08:25 PM
I dont want to start another thread just to post my countdown time, but for my Mermaid Creations tail, the count is now at 204 days. I still have roughly 34 more to go but also my tailmaker conducts production much different with only building one tail a month. Anyways I can understand the excitement with waiting for a Merbellas tail. My wife would love a tail from her too one day.

Mermaid Kalliope
11-11-2013, 02:44 AM
Haha Well, of course, Raina! You were first. :-P I'm shooting for second? Maybe third?

Haha

MerEmma
11-11-2013, 12:12 PM
https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1425775_615519961837421_992609272_n.jpg
I LOVE those colors, ahhhh <3

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1426366_615520278504056_1785749950_n.jpg

AniaR
11-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Hey folks, Ravens got her internet again, yay! I just wanted to post a friendly reminder, that if you order a tail you wont get an update until it's ready to paint, or unless when doing the construction something seems off to them about the measurements.

AniaR
11-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Okay well first of all, that was Raven's PERSONAL Facebook. This is something she has been discussing with me and heart wrenched over for a very long time. This is not finalized. She has not made all the necessary decisions, and she has not officially announced that she is stopping yet to her actual merbellas page. So please don't have an internet meltdown. You're seeing this out of context, and Frenchy I love you, but you shouldn't take things from people's personal pages and post it for their business. If she wanted to make an official announcement, she would have. People need to have the freedom to post on their personal pages their own thoughts as they are working through them, without fear of it being posted on the forum. (side note, this is an exact reason why so many pro mermaids and tail makers DON'T add people from the community)

Raven has been working her ass off since she made my tail, non-stop. She has missed her own wedding anniversary, birthday, family functions, and has no social life because literally all she does is make tails. We have been talking about it a lot this past year and how she's so happy to help other people with their dreams, but it's literally all she does. Raven never wanted to be a 'top tail maker', or fight other tail makers, or make loads of money and mass produce stuff. She has never had the ambition of outputting mermaid tails at an eric level. She's been more like MVD in that she is selective and does it for the joy of it.

Now whether Raven takes a break, or leaves it all together, is her decision that she hasn't made yet. It's a whole process of finding a balance, experimenting, and figuring out what is going to make her happy. Part of that is talking to your friends, getting input from people, getting ideas etc. Up until now Raven hasn't said this to any of her other friends, just spoken with me and her husband about it, and then she took the leap to let her facebook friends know what she's been thinking. It's not fair to take it out of context. If she wanted it to be public knowledge for everyone, she would of posted it from the merbellas page.

Please respect Raven's privacy and her right to make her own decisions about what is best for her during this time. I understand this will scare people because they want to buy tails, but at the end of the day she has a right to stop, or take a break, whenever she wants and for however long she wants. SHe shouldn't have to face any backlash because of it.

Blondie
11-11-2013, 02:28 PM
I agree with Raina. If she wanted her market to know, she would have posted it on her Merbella's page. If you're someone's facebook friend you have to respect their privacy. I hope she doesn't stop completely, but I understand where she's coming from. She's not a machine, she's a human....Or mermaid. But maybe she'll just take less orders? And like you said, Raina, do it at a MVD level? Maybe take a few top orders and maybe two tail orders when she wants to.

I just feel bad when I see someone with a marvelous talent for something quit at it. It's kinda like your calling. But we as people evolve and grow. We love something one day, and fall out of love with it the next. But I feel like if you have a talent for something, you should never quit completely. Just because that's what makes you who you are. That's what makes you special.

AniaR
11-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Yup. Plus it adds extra pressure to her decision making if the entire mercommunity is suddenly involved and giving their two cents. Then you get the rush of people who want to get an order in because they're scared she won't take any, and people who will out right be super selfish and mad. And she just does NOT need any of that when she's in a state of trying to decide how and if she wants to move forward with this aspect of her company.

So to clarify, Raven was discussing the possibility with her friends, this is not a decision, it's not an announcement, it's not an omg Raven isn't going to make tails anymore after ____. This was a personal conversation taken a bit out of context. Nothing really changes, Raven already only takes orders when she's able to, unlike other tail makers who just take orders 24/7. So just keep watching her page for announcements for if/when she'll take orders.

AniaR
11-11-2013, 02:55 PM
another update

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1403217_615588265163924_1009907993_o.jpg

Can you believe this is a BASIC tail!!! o_O looks better than many of the super expensive tails I've seen out there!

Merman Arion
11-11-2013, 03:00 PM
@ Raina, I deleted my post and i apologize to all of you, girls, for this mistake. Right now, i'm feeling really bad and stupid for confusing her personal page with her professional one. I admit that i didn't think through because i was shocked. I also apologized to Raven and i told her that my intentions weren't bad. I didn't mean to upset any of you, especially her.

This merman need some tail slaps and a good kick in the butt. :$

15727 15729

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ctjzm3YF1qfbmr4o1_400.gif

AniaR
11-11-2013, 05:06 PM
It happens Frenchy. People get confused.

In the meantime, here are some more photos!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1397857_615645418491542_1612777599_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1401892_615644965158254_1003371808_o.jpg

Mermaid Kalliope
11-11-2013, 07:04 PM
That blue ring! Gah! Just so cute!!! ♥♥ That's exactly the top I'd want. :3 He's so adorable! ^_^

Man, her basic tails... other than price And options, it is hard to tell the difference! They are all so amazing.

I hope she doesn't 100% quit, but she deserves a break. :-) Perhaps finish off current orders, take a break and start fresh? I don't know what the original post had said. :-( So my context is a little skewed.

Hope things are well with her!

Blondie
11-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Oh it's okay Arion! I would have gotten scared too and probably would have to talk to someone about it. *patpat* No harm done.

Mermaid Oshun
11-11-2013, 08:23 PM
another update

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1403217_615588265163924_1009907993_o.jpg

Can you believe this is a BASIC tail!!! o_O looks better than many of the super expensive tails I've seen out there!
This airbrush job is amazing!

Merley
11-11-2013, 08:41 PM
I can't believe that's a basic. When I was first stalking her page I didn't know the difference between the basics and the pro tails either. They all look so amazing. I thought if I ever got one it'd be a basic and I'd be the happiest girl alive but my friend is the biggest sweetheart in the world and told me to snatch up the pro spot when it was available. So much <3 for him.

Mermaid Kalliope
11-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Other than neoprene and lack of extra fins, I don't think there is a differences between the two.

Fun123joker
11-11-2013, 10:31 PM
It happens Frenchy. People get confused.

In the meantime, here are some more photos!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1397857_615645418491542_1612777599_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1401892_615644965158254_1003371808_o.jpg

are those mer wrist cuffs (◇▽◇) want if not.....make!

Mer-Crazy
11-12-2013, 03:10 AM
Haha Well, of course, Raina! You were first. :-P I'm shooting for second? Maybe third?

Haha
My tail was 230 roughly, before postage lol.

Raina- How long did you have to wait for yours?

**Also sorry for the kinda late reply to that, I was at a convention and didn't see the next page lol.

AniaR
11-12-2013, 07:22 AM
A year. Lol but I knew it would be a long time getting into it because raven had to acquire all the tools, materials, and skills. She also went through a lot of change and personal stuff.

Mermaid Kalliope
11-12-2013, 08:08 AM
Wow! A year, but an understandable year..

240?! Wowee!! What was the delay?

Marlin
11-12-2013, 11:33 AM
At least you guys have orders in. Can't wait until she is able to take them again.

Feels like I am waiting in line, to wait in line. But still, worth the wait for something like this.

Mer-Crazy
11-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Wow! A year, but an understandable year..

240?! Wowee!! What was the delay?
There never really was any explanation, the only thing I can assume was something went wrong because Ariel Starfish's tail was ordered after mine, and had the seams redone and still went out first and Phoenix mermaid also ordered after her, and we got ours at the same time. I really didn't mind the waiting though, it's art and you can't rush art. Raven also got sick a lot and went out for performances during my tail construction, so that set it back a fair bit.

AniaR
11-12-2013, 08:55 PM
guys that was exactly the time I was posting a play by play off all the reasons the orders in that time frame were delayed... lol I even made a new FAQ for them to cover it.

Mermaid Kalliope
11-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Edit: Sorry! I didn't see Raina's post! The reason I asked was because there were other mers getting updates and tails who ordered after. Again, sorry!

That's strange. Haha Well, at least I know why mine is taking a while. XP

Just swimming around, waiting for updates. Heehee

Mermaid Kalliope
11-13-2013, 07:24 PM
Got an update! It's the dreaded "does the colour look right" update. >< I knew it was coming!

Colours look great, minor tweaking. She's waiting on something and then hopefully my tail will be done this week! *squeals* Yay! Oh goodness this is exciting!

AniaR
11-13-2013, 07:32 PM
yaaaay so excited for you

Mermaid Lorelei
11-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Eeee! Excitement!