PDA

View Full Version : Merbellas Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Mermaid Kalliope
11-15-2013, 03:59 AM
Sorry! My painting will be done this week. XD I have to okay that then she will attach the fins. In my excitement I didn't specify!

drucilla
11-15-2013, 12:52 PM
I wont be able to have the money together until december of next year but it's soo worth the wait and the dreaded saving. lol

Seatan
11-15-2013, 01:12 PM
At least you guys have orders in. Can't wait until she is able to take them again.

Feels like I am waiting in line, to wait in line. But still, worth the wait for something like this.

Yeah, I couldn't do that, LOL. I adore Raven's stuff but as someone new to the community who wasn't around before FinFolk when it was basicslly just Raven and Eric and Fishbutts as major fulk silicone sellers (or that's what I've garnered), I preferred FinFolk from the start, thank heaven, cause I do not have the patience!!!! I would probably start banging my head against the pool wall, lol. Raven truly is amazing to create so many tails without the quality suffering. Because I really think that's what happens with many sellers-- they can do beautiful stuff but take so many that they have to start banging then out and, before you know, we have Fishbutts. Raven definitely knows how to business, which is why I agree she is do worth the wait, if you can take it. Reliability is golden, and the fact that she is so careful about the number of tails she agrees to shows she would rather produce less of a high quality product than lots just to make a buck with the quality suffering.

Marlin
11-15-2013, 03:30 PM
@ Seavanna-

But see that's the thing- She can't take orders right now because she made the (smart) decision to hold off and only take the number she could handle given the time. Because of this- she is able to put in the love and attention that makes her tails beautiful- and keep her clients happy.

It all makes sense; and I get why she does it- but that doesn't make the waiting any more fun.

PS- I'd also like to apologize for the complaining- sorry. :sad eyes:

Mermaid Octavia
11-15-2013, 03:34 PM
/hugs Marlin

I don't think anybody blames you in the slightest. I can understand the anxiety and the waiting too. @_@

Rogue Siren
11-15-2013, 03:51 PM
I really hope she doesn't decide to quit 100%.... xD I love her stuff and just got into it.

She needs to tutor a successor. Lol. Or just me....so I can make my own..... xDDD

(I love making costumes and such, but I've never worked with silicone or anything water related...)

If I'm gonna spend $3000+ for a tail, I want it from the best! Haha. :)

AniaR
11-15-2013, 05:26 PM
FYI Raven has tried training people in the past and getting help and having assistants. And pretty much every complaint people have had about anything crasftmenship wise (like the bracers etc) was as a result of that. No one can replace her, lol which is both a terrible and awesome thing.

Blondie
11-15-2013, 11:45 PM
Do you know more about the assistants Raina? I mean, were they like friends or were they serious craftsmen? I feel like maybe if she found people who were looking for a job after college or some sort of training program with costumes, they might have a good chunk of craftsmanship in them. Like it's their passion too xD How skilled were her assistants?

Winged Mermaid
11-16-2013, 12:21 AM
eeeeee, so excited for you Kailani!!

Blondie, Raina may not reply since she's taking a break from the site for now for personal reasons.

Mermaid Kalliope
11-16-2013, 05:52 AM
Thank you, Iona! ^-^ I wish I could at least post the picture of the fluke. It is sooooooo pretty! I'm using it as my background on my phone. Haha

Ariel-Starfish
11-17-2013, 04:57 AM
*trying to read all the stuff when I was gone*!

Eeeh I think Raven got lost of my email. >_< She asked If I wanted seaweed on my top before she shipped it. I reaplayed 3 times, and after a week of no internet available I have send out an answer again. I hope she's not thinking I forgot to replay or something! :) xxxx

BlueMermaid
11-17-2013, 02:11 PM
I hate to be "that guy" but Raina, I was wondering if you can help me. lol
My tail needs some repairs and taken in. I haven't gotten a reply to my messages to Raven. After reading here, I see she had no internet for a while, but do you know if she has it back yet? Do I need to re-send the messages or just wait till she gets to it?

Merman Arion
11-17-2013, 02:21 PM
I hate to be "that guy" but Raina, I was wondering if you can help me. lol
My tail needs some repairs and taken in. I haven't gotten a reply to my messages to Raven. After reading here, I see she had no internet for a while, but do you know if she has it back yet? Do I need to re-send the messages or just wait till she gets to it?

I hate to be that guy but BlueMermaid, you need to know that Raina is off, taking a break.

You can see in the following thread : http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?6600-The-quot-I-m-going-to-be-away-for-a-bit-quot-announcement-thread&p=98875#post98875

BlueMermaid
11-17-2013, 02:50 PM
ohhh, thanks for letting me know.

I hate to be that guy but BlueMermaid, you need to know that Raina is off, taking a break.

You can see in the following thread : http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?6600-The-quot-I-m-going-to-be-away-for-a-bit-quot-announcement-thread&p=98875#post98875

Mermaid Kalliope
11-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Blue, she has internet now and is dealing with current clients and trying to get those done and out. I'm sure if you emailed her again, she'll get back a bit quicker. (I usually try to email when I see that the Facebook page has been updated. )

Also remember that she doesn't always get.on the computer. So, there.may be a day or two she doesn't get a chance.to check things. She's very busy. :-)

Well, hope you can get.your tail fixed! ^-^ Best of luck. ♥♥

I'm still over flowing with excitement. I keep bouncing. XD

BlueMermaid
11-17-2013, 05:30 PM
Thanks Kailani. I have sent 3 messages since Oct. 19, so its been almost a month with no response. I will keep trying. I hope your tail comes soon, Its so exciting!

Mermaid Kalliope
11-18-2013, 02:51 AM
No problem! :-) Glad to help. I don't know too many details other than that.

I hoe so, too! 201 days so far! It will be totally worth it! XP

Rogue Siren
11-18-2013, 03:44 PM
Omg, omg, omg! :D

I got a reply from Raven!!! She's in Miami for a music video at the moment....but she'll be shipping out a lot of tails as soon as she gets back! And then she'll be taking orders again! So excited.

And I'm being nice to share this.....so no one better steal my slot! LOL

Marlin
11-18-2013, 04:25 PM
@ Milieu- 1) that's great news! 2) keep in mind there are others waiting too :P 3) :yay: <--- THIS IS MY EXCITED FACE :D

Winged Mermaid
11-19-2013, 05:58 AM
Thanks Kailani. I have sent 3 messages since Oct. 19, so its been almost a month with no response. I will keep trying. I hope your tail comes soon, Its so exciting!

I just know that Raven gives all current orders priority. From what I remember talking to her, and what I've seen with others, you have to wait until she has time. Which, depending on her work load, can be quite a while. She may not even take any repair requests until after she's done with her current work load. Also keep in mind that her email is a clusterfuck of nonsense and stupid questions, so she can have a hard time finding legit emails in all the piles of BS mail.

Also for anyone else wondering, Raven told me that she charges $150 to alter tails. Unless you've paid for an extended warranty with them, anyhow. I believe she was just talking about taking in a tail though (like if you lose weight). I know that seems like a lot, but from how she explained to me how it's done, I can see how it would be that much. She basically has to make another seam in the area where it's taken in, blend the seams really well, repaint that area, all that. You'd have to pay differently to do paint touch ups, complete repaint, repairs, and pay for any additional fins you want, if you want that as well, on top of that.

Rogue Siren
11-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Well, good luck guys! :)

My mother has pretty much banned me from ever spending that much on a tail.....And I was so close too! Ugh. I still live with her, so I can't just do it anyway. :( Looks like I'll be going behind her back and making my own....

Anyone know how much Raven would charge for a paint job? (If I did make my own.) If she would even take such a job.

MerEmma
11-19-2013, 12:27 PM
I don't think she'd paint a tail you made, but I don't know that for sure. I doubt anyone even has a ballpark figure for you but someone may...probably best to ask Raven I suppose.

BlueMermaid
11-19-2013, 12:51 PM
I cannot even imagine what she must have to deal with regarding email. :headdesk: LOL
I assumed she did repairs in-between, or during "drying" times. Like, if she has downtime while a tail is drying, she may work on repairs or her other crafts. I certainly would not expect her to put me ahead of anyone. Last time I needed a repair, she emailed me back right away and did the repair and quickly got it back to me. Most of it was repaired under warranty because it was not from wear and tear, but the problems she fixed have quickly re-appeared. I have no problem paying or even waiting if she's busy, but I would like to get the stuff covered under the warranty fixed before it expires. But anyway, I didn't mean to get into all that, lol.... just wanted to know if she was able to get email when she got her internet back on, or if my emails were lost in cyber space and needed to be re-sent.

I just know that Raven gives all current orders priority. From what I remember talking to her, and what I've seen with others, you have to wait until she has time. Which, depending on her work load, can be quite a while. She may not even take any repair requests until after she's done with her current work load. Also keep in mind that her email is a clusterfuck of nonsense and stupid questions, so she can have a hard time finding legit emails in all the piles of BS mail.

Also for anyone else wondering, Raven told me that she charges $150 to alter tails. Unless you've paid for an extended warranty with them, anyhow. I believe she was just talking about taking in a tail though (like if you lose weight). I know that seems like a lot, but from how she explained to me how it's done, I can see how it would be that much. She basically has to make another seam in the area where it's taken in, blend the seams really well, repaint that area, all that. You'd have to pay differently to do paint touch ups, complete repaint, repairs, and pay for any additional fins you want, if you want that as well, on top of that.

Winged Mermaid
11-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Ah, I see :) I've talked to Raven here and there, and she tends to have 15 tails going at one time O_O so when one is drying she's working on another and so forth, so she's not just waiting around for a pile of tails to dry at once, she's constantly working. As far as I can tell, it's efficient for her work load of current orders, but not so much for fitting other stuff in. :/

When you get your tail in, you can ask for reinforcing in trouble spots! I've seen her do it with others, like when she fixed up Raina's tail. I know with as many gigs as you do and how many other people wear your tails, the waist area from putting them on so many times may be an issue for example, so she can reenforce that area.

I know a few things she said about making it easier to find emails was to 1) Always use the same email address. 2) When you reply always reply to the same email as before, instead of sending a new one. 3) Don't send emails too frequently (I think this may be a potential spam filter thing, where if you send too many it may mark you as spam). Since you haven't had luck so far, I would recommend replying to the same specific email you used to originally order the tail. The email I originally sent to Raven to order we've always replied to each other through that same email string or ("conversation" as gmail can call it)-which is 42 emails long!- and that let her keep track of it a lot easier than if I would have sent another different email. I hope that helps! Either way, good luck with getting in touch ^_^

Mermaid Lorelei
11-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Eep... I've been trying to get a hold of them since October. I heard back once from Tyler, but that was to tell me he'd get back to me shortly. And I haven't heard anything since. I've resent my e-mails a couple times since, but still nothing. :/

BlueMermaid
11-20-2013, 09:18 AM
:O_o: wow! I wouldn't of even think that was possible!

I've talked to Raven here and there, and she tends to have 15 tails going at one time.

I will defiantly take your advice on the re-enforcing, and thank you for the tips!

Mermaid Kalliope
11-20-2013, 10:31 PM
Awwww Raven's birthday is this Saturday! I hope she takes the day off!

mermaid Syrean
11-21-2013, 08:14 AM
Just saw this on their Facebook :)
"Hey guys! Just a quick update: We have been working all week on a music video shoot in Miami/crystal river as well as a convention in Orlando (we have been driving in between the cities every day) We have not had a chance to sleep or go to FedEx this week. I know a few people are waiting on tails to ship and I am truly sorry for the delay. We were only scheduled for one day a filming but it has evolved into much more (but at least there will be a lot more mermaid parts of the video to share!) My birthday is this Saturday which should be my first day off in a while and I can take all packages to FedEx then I promise. Thank you for all the love, you really are THE BEST! -Raven"

Merley
11-22-2013, 09:07 AM
Anyone know what happened to Raven's etsy shop? I keep getting this:15954

Merman Arion
11-22-2013, 09:13 AM
That's weird.
If i remember right, the last item was a seaweed top. My guess is that she may have deactivated her shop while waiting to make new accessories.

But that's just my theory.

Mermaid Lorelei
11-22-2013, 01:28 PM
She mentioned she was going to be restocking it once she had finished up the tail rush she was working on currently. So most likely she closed the store to show people it's on break at the moment. That, and they may be reorganizing and reformatting the appearance of it.

Mer-Crazy
11-22-2013, 04:26 PM
Wait. Wait wait wait hold on a second. Raven's birthday is this Saturday yes? That makes it the 23rd of November correct? Holy crap please tell me I'm right because that means we share the same birthday!

Pixie Mermaid
11-23-2013, 12:40 PM
Question for merbella's tail owners: I am a wee mermaid haha I'm only 5' 1''. Is there anyone who owns a merbellas tail with a competitor in it, around my height? I just don't want to be severely disproportional with a huge fluke and a tiny body haha. I just love the look of the competitor in the basic tails. :)

Thalassa
11-23-2013, 01:05 PM
Question for merbella's tail owners: I am a wee mermaid haha I'm only 5' 1''. Is there anyone who owns a merbellas tail with a competitor in it, around my height? I just don't want to be severely disproportional with a huge fluke and a tiny body haha. I just love the look of the competitor in the basic tails. :)

I'm 5' 2". I love my competitor fin! It is big but I don't think it looks weird, the kids love how I can touch it to my head and hide behind it! I have a performance tail. Here are a couple of pictures so you can see the scale of the tail vs me (no pun intended).

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/24/2u8e8y3y.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/24/qa6udy7a.jpg

Mermaid Tasia
11-23-2013, 02:41 PM
I am really happy to see this! I am 5'2" and was curious about the same thing. I really want to get an angler fluke and was worried it may look disproportionate. Is it easy to swim in?

Also, I wear a US size 6 shoe and was worried some oe the monofins may be too big on me. I have the Finis youth monofin (I think it's called the Wave) and the holes for water to run out at the toes almost let my whole foot come out. Swim socks have helped but I still have to adjust more than I would like.

I am looking to purchase a tail in the next year and don't want to bother Raven until I have all cash in hand.

Right now I am rocking my fabric tail (over the monofin covered with rubber sheeting to fill out the fluke) but I have put it away for the season. I am also worried about shrinking more since I took in my fabric tail 3 times this year. (Mostly in the thigh and butt!) and I even remeasured myself to make sure it wasn't just the fabric stretching out. How has yours been fitting for you? Also, I am curious, I have a lot of butt. 10 inches difference between waist and butt. How bad will a tail gap when I am sitting? Is there a way to accomodate for these type of curves or will I need to have a big waist and cover it with a belt?

MerEmma
11-23-2013, 02:57 PM
The competitor isn't known for being easy to swim in, kind of the opposite but if you have a good, deep dolphin kick it shouldn't be that big of a problem. Just some time to get used to, and the angler is smaller than the Merbella fluke so it'll probably look a bit more proportionate.

Mer-Crazy
11-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Also, I am curious, I have a lot of butt. 10 inches difference between waist and butt. How bad will a tail gap when I am sitting? Is there a way to accomodate for these type of curves or will I need to have a big waist and cover it with a belt?

My suggestion, from a mer who also has a large booty, tell Raven before you order so she can advise accordingly. I didn't even think when I ordered mine and now my tail is, what I like to call, a low-rider. I see tones of people who have their tail line up around their belly button and I envy them so. I actually had to custom make a large netting belt because otherwise you see a nice bit of human butt poking out the top. This was all an error on my part mind you, no fault of Ravens. Up side, super huggy, doesn't gap at all. Downside, human butt everywhere. I still defiantly suggest asking though cause it's always so sad when I put my tail on and it feels like those jeans you bought that were a size too small.

Mermaid Kalliope
11-24-2013, 01:35 AM
My suggestion, from a mer who also has a large booty, tell Raven before you order so she can advise accordingly. I didn't even think when I ordered mine and now my tail is, what I like to call, a low-rider. I see tones of people who have their tail line up around their belly button and I envy them so. I actually had to custom make a large netting belt because otherwise you see a nice bit of human butt poking out the top. This was all an error on my part mind you, no fault of Ravens. Up side, super huggy, doesn't gap at all. Downside, human butt everywhere. I still defiantly suggest asking though cause it's always so sad when I put my tail on and it feels like those jeans you bought that were a size too small.

Meep! I've got a big booty, too. I'm fairly certain I told Raven that in the beginning. XD I started my waist quite high, so I'm not too worried. It'll be snug! Which is what I want. :3

Merman Arion
11-24-2013, 08:01 AM
Hi guys,

I have some awesome news to share to all of you. Some merfolks already know but some do not. :)

During the morning of last Thursday, i had an interesting phone talk.
I chatted with my bank advisor about my third account which has now 9 thousand euros (= around 12 thousand dollars). It's a lot of money and until now, it has been blocked because it's my savings for the future. In fact, because my parents are actually paying for my rent, it's all the monthly rent allowances from the State that i saved and put in that account since the day i moved in Paris so basically more than 3 years. My purpose was to know if i could use some of this money to invest in something. "Not at problem, you are an adult and it's your money so you are allowed to use some" said my bank advisor. Turns out that the process can be easily within the day !

You all get what this means, right?
It means that i can order my dream tail from Raven ANYTIME from now. I will be waiting, just like merman Marlin, for the next line-up of orders. YAAAY!!! :yay:

So this week is gonna be about taking my measurements with a professional tailor and deciding about options (scales, monofins, colors) so i will probably ask soon for some opinions from all of you in order to make the best choices for my merman tail.

I'M SOOO EXCITED !!! :rotfl:

Mermaid Kalliope
11-24-2013, 08:48 AM
OH MY GOSH! Mon Dieu! Frenchy, that's so amazing! Congrats! I'm so happy for you! ^_^ Just remember that some options cost extra! Awww can't wait to see what you have in mind!

Eeee! Yay! ^-^ So exciting!

Uhm insert some sort of happy gif here?XD

PearlieMae
11-24-2013, 08:59 AM
That's wonderful news! Congratulations! :rollover:

MerEmma
11-24-2013, 09:50 AM
OMG!! Congratulations!! SO EXCITING. 8D

Thalassa
11-24-2013, 09:59 AM
I am really happy to see this! I am 5'2" and was curious about the same thing. I really want to get an angler fluke and was worried it may look disproportionate. Is it easy to swim in?

Also, I wear a US size 6 shoe and was worried some oe the monofins may be too big on me. I have the Finis youth monofin (I think it's called the Wave) and the holes for water to run out at the toes almost let my whole foot come out. Swim socks have helped but I still have to adjust more than I would like.

I am looking to purchase a tail in the next year and don't want to bother Raven until I have all cash in hand.

Right now I am rocking my fabric tail (over the monofin covered with rubber sheeting to fill out the fluke) but I have put it away for the season. I am also worried about shrinking more since I took in my fabric tail 3 times this year. (Mostly in the thigh and butt!) and I even remeasured myself to make sure it wasn't just the fabric stretching out. How has yours been fitting for you? Also, I am curious, I have a lot of butt. 10 inches difference between waist and butt. How bad will a tail gap when I am sitting? Is there a way to accomodate for these type of curves or will I need to have a big waist and cover it with a belt?

I actually think my competitor propells me a lot better than my floppy finis monofins. It's easier to go faster, but not as easy to make turns.

And definitely let Raven know about your concerns, but also MEASURE HIGH. Tell Raven that you want your tail to come high and measure accordingly. I have a big rear as well, I measured the length to my waist and I can't wear my tail without a one piece underneath because it rides very low. VERY. Like, sitting down I get a horrid case of mermaid-crack. Raven is very awesomely going to add more to the top (this time I'm measuring up around my rib cage) for just a little more. I haven't had a problem with gapping, just a little here and there when my tail slips.

The fit is tight, but workable. You have to be careful with tight because there is a limit to the silicone's stretch tolerance.

Fifi Tigg
11-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Congrats Arion you deserve a beautiful tail! Xoxo

MermanTyphoon
11-24-2013, 11:18 AM
OMG IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT AT NCMERFEST!

Yulia
11-24-2013, 01:05 PM
Oh my gosh Frenchie! That is awesome news, you really deserve a beautiful tail!!!
I'm really looking forward to seeing your designs, and hopefully I get to see it in real life sometime. ;)

mermaidsoph
11-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Does anybody know of a tailmaker that makes good latex/silicone or latex/neoprene or silicone/neoprene tails for under 700? I've heard that Raven does some cheaper tails but I dont know if that's true

Seatan
11-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Her cheaper tails start at $1500--that's the neoprene based "basic" tail. You can see her prices on Facebook.

Seatan
11-24-2013, 03:59 PM
You all get what this means, right?
It means that i can order my dream tail from Raven ANYTIME from now. I will be waiting, just like merman Marlin, for the next line-up of orders. YAAAY!!! :yay:

I'M SOOO EXCITED !!! :rotfl:

Frenchie that is amazing! Sexy merman with sexy merman tail... True perfection. Congrats!!!!

thevirginiamermaid
11-24-2013, 06:31 PM
I already personally congratulated you over Facebook but CONGRATS again!!! You will be the king of the sea

Merman Arion
11-25-2013, 08:05 AM
OH MY GOSH! Mon Dieu! Frenchy, that's so amazing! Congrats! I'm so happy for you! ^_^ Just remember that some options cost extra! Awww can't wait to see what you have in mind!

Eeee! Yay! ^-^ So exciting!

Uhm insert some sort of happy gif here?XD

With pleasure! I was like this after the phone talk ;)

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130223205231/glee/images/a/a9/Lily_allen_yay_woot_aw_yeah.gif

That's wonderful news! Congratulations! :rollover:

Thanks PearlieMae! :D

OMG!! Congratulations!! SO EXCITING. 8D

Right?!?! :p

Congrats Arion you deserve a beautiful tail! Xoxo

Thanks! I'm looking forward to see your daughter's tail when it will be finished.

Oh my gosh Frenchie! That is awesome news, you really deserve a beautiful tail!!!
I'm really looking forward to seeing your designs, and hopefully I get to see it in real life sometime. ;)

Thank you. I would love to meet you too someday.

Frenchie that is amazing! Sexy merman with sexy merman tail... True perfection. Congrats!!!!

True perfection? I don't know about that but we will try :)

I already personally congratulated you over Facebook but CONGRATS again!!! You will be the king of the sea

We already have a Mer-king but i wouldn't mind going for the prince's throne :cool:

Mermaid Kalliope
11-25-2013, 06:56 PM
Haha that gif works! We may have a Mer-King, but you definitely are the Gif King!

Ariel-Starfish
11-27-2013, 12:59 PM
AWSOME NEWS Frenchie! :highfive:

Ariel-Starfish
11-27-2013, 01:26 PM
I know Raven is doing a video shoot/moving/performing etc but what's the expected time for ordering a top? I don't want to be rude/a jerk or anything but.... I think i am over my mental waiting line, so to speak :p Odered it in mid-april. I am willing to wait 6 months+ for a tail, but not for a top! :( I wish she finds my email in zll the spamms she gets every day!

*. End whining*

Mermaid Kalliope
11-27-2013, 02:12 PM
Well, I know she said she was going to FedEx on Saturday, but I don't know what she actually sent. I hope you get it soon, but I can't speak for her. :-( Best of luck!

SeaNymph
11-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Ariel, I hope for you that your top is on the FedEx shipping list. I asked her for my tail but I didn't get any answer, so I think that it will not be ready to ship yet :-( Raven just moved into her new home so it seems that we have to wait a little longer, probably until they have everything settled and organized... Did you get infos about your estimated shipping time Kailani?

Mermaid Kalliope
11-27-2013, 05:01 PM
Not yet, Daniela. She still has to finish painting it. :-P I don't know if she got the detail gun she ordered yet, but even if she did, she became delayed due to the music video. X3 So, when I know, I'll let the rest of you guys know. I would assume that it wouldn't take much longer than Isabela's tail. But as for time until she ships it... no idea! Haha I just hope I get it around new year's!

Ariel-Starfish
11-28-2013, 11:02 AM
Thanks everyone! @Kallani: Did u ever showed a sneak-peak of your tail design? I can't recal how it will look like ^^ But I'm pretty stoked to see it! <3

Mermaid Kalliope
11-28-2013, 12:23 PM
I did, but I have since removed it. They were on my Instagram. Hopefully, I can show pictures of the actual tail soon! :-) Then I can do a side by side comparison. It's going to be so awesome!

Merman Arion
11-28-2013, 12:38 PM
I did, but I have since removed it. They were on my Instagram. Hopefully, I can show pictures of the actual tail soon! :-) Then I can do a side by side comparison. It's going to be so awesome!

Hi Kailani.

About your design, you should know that the pictures that you showed on Instagram are still somewhere in the thread.
I saw them a few days ago while i was reading it all over again. Just saying :)

Happy Thanksgiving! :hug:

Mermaid Kalliope
11-28-2013, 10:01 PM
Hi Kailani.

About your design, you should know that the pictures that you showed on Instagram are still somewhere in the thread.
I saw them a few days ago while i was reading it all over again. Just saying :)

Happy Thanksgiving! :hug:

Ah! Thanks. :-P I will take them down when I get on my computer. Maybe. XD Depends on if I can find them. My computer is very slow.

Talia
11-29-2013, 10:31 AM
Anyone know what happened to Raven's etsy shop? I keep getting this:15954

As a user on Etsy, you cannot deactivate your shop to show that message. When you close your shop it shows the shop as usual, just with no items for sale, and normally there is a phrase that says "This shop is closed", or something like it.
That screen means either she has asked Etsy admins. to delete her shop or the shop is down for technical reasons that have nothing to do with her. It has happened before, I believe Raina sent her a message to inform her of that so she could write to Etsy to have them fix it.

And yes, the last item sold was a seaweed top. I think it was mine :)

Thalassa
11-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Anybody know if she's still using this site? It looks like it's either in the process of being set up or taken down. http://www.merbellastudios.com

Mermaid Kalliope
11-30-2013, 12:19 PM
I think it is slowly being worked on... I'm really not sure.

Mermaid Cecelia
11-30-2013, 02:38 PM
Based on the fact that the front page is all in Latin, and that all of the FAQ is mertailor info, I think she hasn't been using it much.

PearlieMae
11-30-2013, 03:38 PM
The greeked in copy leads me to think the site is under construction or reconstruction. Or, the site may have been hacked or restored from an old back up.

Thalassa
12-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Yeah. I usually only see Lorem Ipsum when a site is being set up or revamped, and the pics are definitely placeholders, but I wasn't sure if she was working on it or just letting it "lie fallow," in farming terms.

AniaR
12-01-2013, 12:37 AM
Hey folks I'm still on break from the site but someone pmed me about this worried her site was hacked so I messaged her about it. They had no idea the site was live and they dont currently maintain it. Someone was helping them make it a year ago and they never saw any of that. So whatever you see was the old webmaster planning stuff out long long ago. Lol they had no clue till I brought it up.

Peace! I'm still busy and still getting people messaging me ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Fun123joker
12-01-2013, 01:17 AM
oh. a website would make buying thier tails more easier and more worry free

Seatan
12-01-2013, 02:30 PM
joker, I'm pretty sure that she can't really setup an order system on a website simply because she has a waiting list and doesn't take orders all the time. It would be helpful, but I think she's overwhelmed as it is! :)

Raina Matthews
12-02-2013, 02:51 PM
ok have to say I never checked this thread before, but am glad I did.

guess I'm a little confused over everything, because I'm the one who actually put that site together. Sirena came to me back in January with that site design and indicated that this was all approved by Raven etc, and has been ready and waiting for content for close to 6 months.

I'm a little surprised to hear they don't know anything about it, because, while I haven't heard anything from them since mid september, I did have contact with them previously, detailing how they can go about adding the content (since they wanted to do it themselves).

AniaR
12-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Yeah you should check with her cuz she has no clue and I doubt they'd approve placeholding stuff to go live. Raven hasn't heard from Sirena in almost a year

Either way my point is the site isn't hacked and hasnt had input from them for a long time and probably won't because of huge demand.

Also kailani you need to check your email woman I am so stoaked for you. A little raven told me she has emailed you some things!!!

Raina Matthews
12-02-2013, 08:58 PM
sigh.... thanks Other Raina :)

will try and get in touch. been a while since anyone responded to my emails to anyone about it, so, who knows.

gotta love working on something for months for it to all fall apart.

ShyMer
12-02-2013, 10:56 PM
Raina, you're not sneaking in here and cheating on your mernetwork break, are you? :P

AniaR
12-02-2013, 11:20 PM
Only for this lol I kept getting notifications about pm and finally it was like ughhh I'll just post so people will stop bugging me. But I'm done checking in and back to insane business. Good luck everyone

Mermaid Kalliope
12-03-2013, 12:14 AM
I did I did I did!!! Mernetwork just wouldn't load till now! AAAAAAUGHDKRIFNFOD KRNYOFBSI *explodes* I'm so just gah! SPEECHLESS. It's amazing. :3 There are a few tweaks, then fins and finish up striping on the front. I WANNA POST PICTURES!

*dies in a puddle of drool* Aaaarrrrglblblblbubleglabhlehfff....

Blondie
12-03-2013, 12:36 AM
Poooooossssttt!!!!

Merman Arion
12-03-2013, 05:12 AM
Ok, girls, i really need some advices from you, especially from those who got and are getting a merbella tail.
I'm losing my head over the measurements i have to do for Raven. :gah::headwall:

So far, i did them with two different people and the numbers are not all the same. I clearly followed the tips from Mermaid Iona but it really isn't easy as those who measure don't have the same methods for measuring.

What should i do? Getting a professional tailor for this job?

:headdesk:

Yulia
12-03-2013, 06:27 AM

If you can find one that doesn't charge too much for you, then yes, that would probably be the best.

PearlieMae
12-03-2013, 10:01 AM
Or, you could take photos of yourself in a mirror as you are measuring, so they can see where the measurements are and have a yardstick (meterstick?) in the shots to show scale...no pun intended!

bitterfish
12-03-2013, 12:09 PM
Ok, girls, i really need some advices from you, especially from those who got and are getting a merbella tail.
I'm losing my head over the measurements i have to do for Raven. :gah::headwall:

So far, i did them with two different people and the numbers are not all the same. I clearly followed the tips from Mermaid Iona but it really isn't easy as those who measure don't have the same methods for measuring.

:headdesk:

If you can I'd advise this. I get my measurement done by my mom once a year(She's a professional seamstress) And they're always more accurate then the ones my friend/spouse/myself take. Some times you can get the ladies who do alterations at dry cleaners to help you out for some off the books cash.

Mermaid Kalliope
12-03-2013, 04:30 PM
I can't post them while on my phone. I did, however, post them on my page!

Link is in my signature!

teeth4u
12-03-2013, 04:47 PM
OH MY GOSH! You're tail is amazing! :drool: The paint job is so cool and intricate. You're going to look amazing in it!

Jessica
12-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Wow! The detail on this tail!! That must have been so much work! It's truly a work of art and raven did one hell of a job!

Theobromine
12-03-2013, 05:09 PM
TORUK MAKTO!!!!!

Sephina
12-03-2013, 05:55 PM

Is the owner of this tail on Mernetwork? BECAUSE DAYMN. I want to see this baby in action, so gorgeous!

MerEmma
12-03-2013, 05:57 PM
That's Kailani's. She just posted above. <3

Sephina
12-03-2013, 05:59 PM
She's a super lucky mermaid. I didn't seem to see the link. lol

SeaNymph
12-03-2013, 06:22 PM
Wow, Kailani, that tail rocks!!! Congratulations!!!

Jadestone
12-03-2013, 06:29 PM
KAILANI I AM IN LOVE! I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU IN THIS IT'S EVEN MORE AMAZING THAN I EXPECTED!

Mermaid Kalliope
12-03-2013, 07:26 PM

Is the owner of this tail on Mernetwork? BECAUSE DAYMN. I want to see this baby in action, so gorgeous!

Yup! That's my baby! ^_^ She has done an outstanding job on it! I cannot wait to see it completed!

There will be plenty of pictures and videos!!

Mizuko
12-03-2013, 07:33 PM
IN.CRED.I.BLE
<3
You are going to look amazing in this!! and I cannot wait to see video of it in action!! :D

Mermaid Lilium
12-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Yup! That's my baby! ^_^ She has done an outstanding job on it! I cannot wait to see it completed!

Bloody brilliant design and brilliant work by Raven <3 Can't wait to see your unboxing and first swim :D

Phoenix Mermaid
12-03-2013, 08:35 PM
wow your tail is AMAZING Kailani! :jawdrop:

Mermaid Kalliope
12-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Oh goodness, guys! I'm blushing. I can't handle all this. Raven did amazing work and it was fanflippingtastic working with her. Totally worth the wait and extra time. X3

The main wait now, is hearing it has shipped, then it getting here. Ooooooooooo!

SeaSister
12-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Congrats Kailani! It looks ABSOLUTELY stunning. I see what you mean about the complex design! :D

Actually, it's sort of similar to the pattern I've had in mind for myself (the large, uneven, blotchy stripes), but I think mine would be different enough that no one could accuse me of copying. I hope. XD

Mermaid Kalliope
12-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Thank you, SeaSister! It is very complex and took her a lot of time. :-)

XD I won't accuse you, at least!

Blondie
12-04-2013, 12:53 AM
Looks wicked Kailani! Raven did a ton of detail work on that!

Mermaid Kalliope
12-04-2013, 01:34 AM
~Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I have pictures to post, but can't seem to get on my computer. Baaaah.

deepblue
12-04-2013, 03:29 AM

OMG! That is incredible. Nice design! And of course Raven rocked it.

Congratulations!

Mermaid Evolet
12-04-2013, 03:43 AM
TORUK MAKTO!!!!!

haha that was my first thougth too. :lol:
still, this tail is truly a work of art.

Mermaid Kalliope
12-04-2013, 04:31 AM
TORUK MAKTO!!!!!

Y'know... I didn't even have that in mind when desiging it, but I loooooooove Avatar and the Turok Makto was amazing, so I'm cool with that. XD I totally see it, too. Was an accident, I swear. ♥♥

MermanTyphoon
12-05-2013, 07:29 AM
Yes that is also the first thing that came to mind, and the funny thing about that is i have been working on a na'vi themed tail!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Mermaid Kalliope
12-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Typhoon! We should swim together when you have that done. Haha

Sooooooooo.... Lanai gave me an idea.

When my tail arrives, I will be doing a Live stream of opening it on twitch.tv! So, when it is here, I will post a date and time so everyone can join. It's free to anyone and it has a chat room! ^-^

So, I'd anyone is interested in that, let me know and I'll get it set up! Just remember that I'm West Coast USA, so times will be in PST. (-8 UST)

Oh, and don't worry, I'll still record it and put it on YouTube for anyone who missed it or couldn't make it. ^-^

MerEmma
12-05-2013, 01:54 PM
I'd love to :D

MermanTyphoon
12-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Ok! Amazing! Lanai is amazing, and she is my role model! We will def have to swim together when i get my na'vi tail!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Mermaid Kalliope
12-06-2013, 03:01 AM
I made collages! I thought that'd be better than posting a bajillion (okay, six) photos. XD

Here ya go:

Ariel-Starfish
12-06-2013, 08:57 AM
I'm so friggin happy for you! ^^ :group hug:

PearlieMae
12-06-2013, 03:26 PM
I cannot wait to see that baby in the water!

AniaR
12-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Disclaimer: not trying to be rude just in a rush and trying to be to the point here folks.

Okay, I'm just popping in here with a message for Ariel, but guys I reallllly wanna stress, I AM BUSY please stop messaging me about Raven, on every social networking platform... >.> It's not necessarily people in this thread but I know it's people reading this thread. I'm taking a break cuz I NEED it, and people are blowing up my social networking now and I'm still getting loads of PMs on here that give me email/phone notifications. (some people are messaging me here + instagram +facebook + youtube +twitter + emails- seriously!) I'm no one's secretary, and it bothers me that I get bugged to the point of intervening so I can get people to stop. :/ So please please please respect my boundary. I'm not pointing any fingers or naming names but people know who they are. It's just that I explained I'm busy and have a family member in the hospital and need to focus on my own life, I need people to respect that.

Ariel, I asked Raven about your stuff and your top is finishing up and she's literally in the middle of taking photos. As for the glue issue, everything she's been trying to test keeps curing before it can arrive with people, so she's testing out other glues that you may be able to get yourself and use. Personal advice: just keep working hard at taking care of your tail like you have been. Regular maintenance will prevent the silicone and neoprene from separating but understand this is a normal issue for all partial silicone tails. It's not a defect or bad craftsmenship or anything, it just happens sometimes. It happens with latex and neoprene tails too. Usually during the process of taking the tail on and off.

Also you've messaged me a few times about sending a photo, in the past year I have tried 3 times. I really appreciate your support, but I can't afford to send more and I really don't have anymore time to invest in it. I appreciate that you're willing to send me money but I've already spent a lot, and I'm just too busy, plus getting messages about it just adds to more messages I have to filter through right now. Maybe sometime in the future I can send you something high res and you can print it yourself.

As far as Raven goes, I hope people can appreciate while Kalani's tail was record setting for the wait. Raven chatted with me a lot about it while she was making it and it really stretched her as a tail maker. She's very proud of it, and I know Kalani will love it. She is still working on her orders and had deadlines to meet. SHe's shipping out a lot of tops soon too if you've been waiting. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER AND PLEASE REMEMBER I AM NO LONGER DOING THE EMAILS BECAUSE I AM TOO BUSY MYSELF. Raven and I check in with each other right now maybe once a week if we both have time, but I will not be relaying anymore messages. If people feel the need to constantly send them to me (especially on multiple platforms and more than once) I'm at the point where I'm going to start blocking people. :/ there is PLENTY of information HERE in this thread. And Raven keeps her facebook page as updated as possible.

Good luck, happy Holidays, see some of you at merfest! <3

AniaR
12-06-2013, 05:30 PM
also please remember shipping times can be delayed because it's the holidays and the mail is flooded and that has nothing to do with Raven @_@

Mermaid Kalliope
12-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Really? I'm record setting for the wait?! Dang.... I know it's been a long wait, but it doesn't feel like it. Haha I am so proud of Raven and what she has done. Immensely proud and happy and excited and just don't have enough words to express how I feel and I don't even have the tail in my hands yet.

I hope the holidays don't cause too much of a delay! I know everyone is expecting me to have it at Merfest. >< So much anticipation!

But really, the wait is worth it. Even just for the pictures. I feel like I owe Raven so much for bring this tail to life. I will be forever in her debt for taking on this challenging design. I cannot say enough good about that girl. She strived to make it real and she did. :-)

Also, best of luck, Raina! I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and I'll see you at Merfest!

SeaNymph
12-07-2013, 04:43 AM
Then we are at least two record setters for the wait ;-)

mermaid Syrean
12-07-2013, 04:46 AM
Hey guys just wondering who now is actually waiting on an ordered tail! So I have an idea of the line up cause I've been waiting now 114 days haha super anxious to hear from Raven :P

mermaid Syrean
12-07-2013, 04:50 AM
Ps: Kailani you could be the first mer-avatar hahaha looks super rad :P you just need the blue skin and flower hair look :)

shimmygoddess
12-07-2013, 12:17 PM
I am waiting too. I ordered mid-August and around the same day as you :)

Hey guys just wondering who now is actually waiting on an ordered tail! So I have an idea of the line up cause I've been waiting now 114 days haha super anxious to hear from Raven :P

Mermaid Isabel(:
12-07-2013, 01:45 PM
I'm waiting as well I ordered July 1st

Mermaid Kalliope
12-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Ps: Kailani you could be the first mer-avatar hahaha looks super rad :P you just need the blue skin and flower hair look :)

Haha I totally should do that some time! Or just complete the turok look. X3

Mer-Crazy
12-07-2013, 07:04 PM
So I messaged Raven a while back, asking about a foil fluke and she advised against it, saying what she can offer instead is a cut-down version which is cut down to about half way so less of the fluke is rigid but it still has a spine to it so you can control it easier and still have power to your kick. What I was wondering is if anyone has taken this option so I could see photos/video of what it looks like for reference?

MerEmma
12-07-2013, 08:06 PM
As far as I know, nobody has a cut down competitor. If you want a floppier fluke then there aren't that many options...Foil, Finis Trainer, Oceanika, the custom monofins by Victoria...one of the Soft monofins from Leaderfins or the other places would be softer than the Finis version.

Winged Mermaid
12-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Ayla has a cut down Competitor in hers. She said when you hold it up to strong light you can see the end is in the shape of a heart. Her ends are floppy that way, but she still has a good kick. I think I remember her saying it was still hard to lift the fluke, like it is with the foil. You'd have to ask her more about it.

MerEmma
12-07-2013, 09:01 PM
I'm pretty sure Raven later revealed it was indeed a Foil and she only thought it was a cut competitor due to an ordering mixup when she couldn't decide.

Mermaid Lorelei
12-07-2013, 09:19 PM
I have a cut down competitor in the tail I made. I honestly wouldn't suggest it. The edge of the blade is really obvious through the silicone. It doesn't look as natural as I had hoped it would be.

Mermaid Kalliope
12-08-2013, 04:36 AM
If it is heart shaped, then it is a cut down competitor. A foil is not heart shaped. I've seen one in person. XD it looks like a really fat duck foot. Hahaha

I remember her showing it in her video that it was cut down. I know she cuts them for her merbella fluke as it is. She cuts it down for all her flukes. My fluke is the only one that is barely, just barely cut down. So, yeah... I can't say for certain, but I'm fairly sure she has the cut down competitor.

As it stands, I can't really tell you yet what it's like. I suppose the wave is always an option. I've never had trouble with it.

Ariel-Starfish
12-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Disclaimer: not trying to be rude just in a rush and trying to be to the point here folks.

Okay, I'm just popping in here with a message for Ariel, but guys I reallllly wanna stress, I AM BUSY please stop messaging me about Raven, on every social networking platform... >.> It's not necessarily people in this thread but I know it's people reading this thread. I'm taking a break cuz I NEED it, and people are blowing up my social networking now and I'm still getting loads of PMs on here that give me email/phone notifications. (some people are messaging me here + instagram +facebook + youtube +twitter + emails- seriously!) I'm no one's secretary, and it bothers me that I get bugged to the point of intervening so I can get people to stop. :/ So please please please respect my boundary. I'm not pointing any fingers or naming names but people know who they are. It's just that I explained I'm busy and have a family member in the hospital and need to focus on my own life, I need people to respect that.

Ariel, I asked Raven about your stuff and your top is finishing up and she's literally in the middle of taking photos. As for the glue issue, everything she's been trying to test keeps curing before it can arrive with people, so she's testing out other glues that you may be able to get yourself and use. Personal advice: just keep working hard at taking care of your tail like you have been. Regular maintenance will prevent the silicone and neoprene from separating but understand this is a normal issue for all partial silicone tails. It's not a defect or bad craftsmenship or anything, it just happens sometimes. It happens with latex and neoprene tails too. Usually during the process of taking the tail on and off.

Also you've messaged me a few times about sending a photo, in the past year I have tried 3 times. I really appreciate your support, but I can't afford to send more and I really don't have anymore time to invest in it. I appreciate that you're willing to send me money but I've already spent a lot, and I'm just too busy, plus getting messages about it just adds to more messages I have to filter through right now. Maybe sometime in the future I can send you something high res and you can print it yourself.

As far as Raven goes, I hope people can appreciate while Kalani's tail was record setting for the wait. Raven chatted with me a lot about it while she was making it and it really stretched her as a tail maker. She's very proud of it, and I know Kalani will love it. She is still working on her orders and had deadlines to meet. SHe's shipping out a lot of tops soon too if you've been waiting. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER AND PLEASE REMEMBER I AM NO LONGER DOING THE EMAILS BECAUSE I AM TOO BUSY MYSELF. Raven and I check in with each other right now maybe once a week if we both have time, but I will not be relaying anymore messages. If people feel the need to constantly send them to me (especially on multiple platforms and more than once) I'm at the point where I'm going to start blocking people. :/ there is PLENTY of information HERE in this thread. And Raven keeps her facebook page as updated as possible.

Good luck, happy Holidays, see some of you at merfest! <3

Raina;

I'm very sprry fpr this incident! Really!

I won't send u emails again about an order from Raven!

About the card; For the first time I did not know u send one out 3 times. And I did not hear from u so i did not know. But a HQ picture emailed should be a nice idea ;)
I was just seeing your posts about sending autographed card/book copies and I just wanted one to :(. But I do understand u have your time for other stuff as well.

MERMAID HUGG!!!

Now, have some rest and have fintastic holidays! <3

================================================== ============

In the meantime I heard back from Raven! :dance:

Here's my top:

MerEmma
12-08-2013, 08:58 AM
SO gorgeous! Glad you finally are going to get it. :D

Theobromine
12-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Y'know... I didn't even have that in mind when desiging it, but I loooooooove Avatar and the Turok Makto was amazing, so I'm cool with that. XD I totally see it, too. Was an accident, I swear. ♥♥

That's hilarious! Maybe it was something you subconsciously did...I also loooooooooooooooooove Avatar and the Toruk was the first thing I thought of when I saw this tail! Anyway, it looks amazing. It also reminded me how at some point I really want to design a couple of Avatar-inspired tails; one based on an ikran (which I love) and also one based on the Na'vi skin pattern. Though I also just read merman Typhoon's comment so I see I'm not the only one with this idea!

Anyhoo, can't wait to see this tail in action. I also love the shapes of the little accent fins you have!

Mermaid Kalliope
12-08-2013, 03:41 PM
That's hilarious! Maybe it was something you subconsciously did...I also loooooooooooooooooove Avatar and the Toruk was the first thing I thought of when I saw this tail! Anyway, it looks amazing. It also reminded me how at some point I really want to design a couple of Avatar-inspired tails; one based on an ikran (which I love) and also one based on the Na'vi skin pattern. Though I also just read merman Typhoon's comment so I see I'm not the only one with this idea!

Anyhoo, can't wait to see this tail in action. I also love the shapes of the little accent fins you have!

It'd be cool to have some Ikran based tails! Which colour? :-P

I can't wait to wear it! Gah! I'm so giddy. I hope it's here in time for Merfest. Everyone is expecting me to have it.

Awww thanks! The fins were all custom done. She pretty much matched my design exactly. It's kinda freaky... in a good way! When I get it, I'll take comparison shots!

I thought that was your top, Ariel! ^-^ I love the little tail. I want to buy one someday, but I don't know if she makes them for ordering anymore. :-/ Hm. I hope you get your tail taken care of!

Best of lucky to everyone waiting for something and happy holidays!

Ariel-Starfish
12-10-2013, 01:18 PM
http://youtu.be/j-qgCjXdyQs?t=6s

New mini video from sunday :)

Happy holidays everyone! <3

Mermaid Caspiana
12-10-2013, 11:10 PM
Okay, I'm flippin' excited! My grandma is probably going to send me money for Christmas to get an Octotop!!! And I was wondering if anyone knows what she needs besides measurements. I found this picture of a really unique octopus I love. And I've never ordered anything like this before, so any tips/comments? Also, I really like her accessories like headpieces and arm bracers but have no idea how much they are. Any help here? And I know this isn't as extravagant as a tail, so I don't think the manufacturing time is as long, but how long is it approximately? And for the accessories?
So, thanks and all (nice) replies welcome! I'm so excited! I love December! My 15th birthday is the 16th, my family party is the 22nd, my friend party is on the 28-29th and of course Christmas! An now this! I'm jumpy with excitement!!! Please reply ASAP. Thank you!
~With bubbles, wishes, and kisses, Caspiana

Talia
12-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Okay, I'm flippin' excited! My grandma is probably going to send me money for Christmas to get an Octotop!!! And I was wondering if anyone knows what she needs besides measurements. I found this picture of a really unique octopus I love. And I've never ordered anything like this before, so any tips/comments? Also, I really like her accessories like headpieces and arm bracers but have no idea how much they are. Any help here? And I know this isn't as extravagant as a tail, so I don't think the manufacturing time is as long, but how long is it approximately? And for the accessories?
So, thanks and all (nice) replies welcome! I'm so excited! I love December! My 15th birthday is the 16th, my family party is the 22nd, my friend party is on the 28-29th and of course Christmas! An now this! I'm jumpy with excitement!!! Please reply ASAP. Thank you!
~With bubbles, wishes, and kisses, Caspiana

Caspiana, I ordered a seaweed top. The only measurements I gave were my bra size and cup size. The waiting time for it was almost 4 months (I ordered it on August 20 something). I still haven't got it, although I had a mail this morning saying it had been shipped.
About the accessories, no idea, maybe someone else can chime in...
Happy holidays, all! :mermaid kiss:

MerEmma
12-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Most orders Raven sends I believe come with some sort of little gift, but it'd probably be best to ask Raven directly what the pricing is for a necklace, bracelet, clip, etc.

Mermaid Caspiana
12-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Caspiana, I ordered a seaweed top. The only measurements I gave were my bra size and cup size. The waiting time for it was almost 4 months (I ordered it on August 20 something). I still haven't got it, although I had a mail this morning saying it had been shipped.
About the accessories, no idea, maybe someone else can chime in...
Happy holidays, all! :mermaid kiss:
Thank you, this helps. :) and that's not a bad waiting time. So thanks :)

Mermaid Caspiana
12-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Most orders Raven sends I believe come with some sort of little gift, but it'd probably be best to ask Raven directly what the pricing is for a necklace, bracelet, clip, etc.
Okay thanks! That helps too. ;)

Mermaid Kalliope
12-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Also keep in mind that she tends to put tail orders far ahead of tops, so sometimes that delays her with top orders. As for clip... email her for a quote or wait for something to pop up on etsy. Her prices vary depending on size and complexity of the accessory!

Hope that helps!

BlueMermaid
12-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Kailani that tail is crazy beautiful! :jawdrop:

Mermaid Caspiana
12-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Also keep in mind that she tends to put tail orders far ahead of tops, so sometimes that delays her with top orders. As for clip... email her for a quote or wait for something to pop up on etsy. Her prices vary depending on size and complexity of the accessory!

Hope that helps!
Thank you! :)

Mermaid Kalliope
12-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Thank you, Blue!

No problem, Caspiana! We're here to help!

Talia
12-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Thank you, this helps. :) and that's not a bad waiting time. So thanks :)

You are welcome :)

Talia
12-12-2013, 03:20 PM
I wanted to share that my seaweed top arrived today. There is no video of the box opening because there were a lot of people with me when the package came, and I couldn't wait.

A review will be up in a few days.

Ashton
12-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Hey I was wondering if anyone knew if she was taking orders, I understand she is busy but I sent her an email and she never replied. :(
I even followed her fb and told her in the email I have funds and design.

MerEmma
12-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Pretty sure she's still trying to get caught up, just keep watching her FB and here for when she might announce it.

Ashton
12-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Thank you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

Mermaid Kalliope
12-12-2013, 06:28 PM
I'm still awaiting news of whether my tail has been shipped! Aaaaah~

Okay... I can do this. I've been good this long. Merph. >< if it weren't for Merfest, I probably wouldn't be bothered.

Talia- glad to hear you got your top!

Alarson - Like Emma said, just keep watching. I happened to get lucky and got my order in quickly. XD So, sorry I can't be more help there.

Yulia
12-12-2013, 08:17 PM
This looks like a Merbellas, but I'm having a hard time finding some "production" pics of it, do you guys know?
http://imgur.com/a/2hJW6

MerEmma
12-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Definitely Merbellas, it belongs to Katie Scott Art.

Ariel-Starfish
12-13-2013, 03:59 AM
I love these pictures! Such a beautyful mermaid!

Mermaid Kalliope
12-13-2013, 06:41 AM
Oh yeah! That's a Merbella tail! I remember this one being posted on the Facebook page! So pretty! ^-^

Yulia
12-13-2013, 06:51 AM
Tried finding the facebook pictures but, I'm not sure which tail it is. :S

MerEmma
12-13-2013, 09:51 AM
Pretty sure it's this one: https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1006364_578040838918667_307406895_n.jpg

Possibly in progress?
https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1011004_549994228389995_18830094_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1000094_549985658390852_1021448412_n.jpg

Her FB: https://www.facebook.com/KatieScottArt

Mermaid Evolet
12-16-2013, 01:25 PM
omg guys i'm sooooo excited. I JUST email raven about my tail order. :dance:
i hope she will be taking new orders soon.

Ashton
12-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Just be patient, I emailed her about 2 weeks ago. And face booked her a few days ago to see is he got my email (That only sounds kinda creepy). And no reply yet. But I made sure to tell her I was ready to pay and my concept was down.

Mermaid Evolet
12-16-2013, 03:07 PM
i know =)
but patience was never my strength,.. well everyone had to go throught this and so will i :)
did you order a basic or a performance tail?

Merman Arion
12-16-2013, 04:17 PM
I'm getting depressed by this. Well, a little bit actually. I'm feeling down because I had on my mind that I would probably get my dream tail from Raven for Summer 2014 if I order around December/January, and lately, i'm discovering more and more people who also intend to order. Not that I have a problem with them since they are within their rights, i just feel... discouraged. Completely. The more the new line-up of order is becoming longer, the more i fear to miss my shot.

I'm also freaking out because I can't make up my mind about the measurements : I have been measured by three people already and numbers are a mess. Yet, I strongly follow the tips of Mermaid Iona aka Winged Mermaid...

The more I think about it, the more my merman heart is confused and I don't know what i should do. I feel like i'm losing the courage that i found to step up and embrace my chilhood dream. I'm already missing NCMerfest, i don't wanna miss this too.

Mermaid Oshun
12-16-2013, 04:23 PM
I like your new avatar picture Merman Arion. I am sure you will have your tail by June of 2014. She usually takes 6 months? I can't wait to see it!

Ashton
12-16-2013, 05:13 PM
I also hope to get my order in so I can have it by at least late summer. I'm sure it's a busy time because I'm sure just about everyone wants a tail by summer, other than people who life in Australia who have summer as winter. :)

mermaid Syrean
12-16-2013, 06:17 PM
Yeah that sucks about Australia ahahah (Aussie mermaid here) were hitting the middle of the hot part of summer now and all I think about will my ordered tail get here by later January hahah all I want us to go reef diving in my tail lol you Us guys are lucky your busy season is winter so your wait is through winter so it's okay haha

Seatan
12-16-2013, 06:33 PM
The more I think about it, the more my merman heart is confused and I don't know what i should do. I feel like i'm losing the courage that i found to step up and embrace my chilhood dream. I'm already missing NCMerfest, i don't wanna miss this too.

Aw, don't be too down, hun. I know waiting SUCKS, but dreams are meant to be lived! Don't back down on something you really want, and don't let the idea of waiting make you anxious! One of the bad things about tailmaking being such an art is how few good tailmakers there are compared to the demand... Hopefully with the many threads going on where mers are making their own tails and several people stepping up to try and become experienced tailmakers themselves, within a couple of years we won't have to rely on only Raven, Eric, and lately the FinFolk twins because there will be MANY amazing tailmakers out there! A few of them might end up like Fishbutts, but as long as there is a demand, people will eventually step up to fill it. That's how it was with Asian Ball Jointed Dolls--when I started collecting, you had to hire a buyer from Japan to purchase them for you, and now anyone in the world can order them from the supplier. That way people who REALLY want a Raven tail above ALL else will be able to keep buying from Raven, and people who like other makers will buy from others so that Raven will be able to take more orders from people who want not just a gorgeous silicone tail, but her particular fluke/scales/style. If a Raven tail is your dream, I say stick with it! The joy will be worth it in the end.

Seatan
12-16-2013, 06:36 PM
Yeah that sucks about Australia ahahah (Aussie mermaid here) were hitting the middle of the hot part of summer now and all I think about will my ordered tail get here by later January hahah all I want us to go reef diving in my tail lol you Us guys are lucky your busy season is winter so your wait is through winter so it's okay haha

I have the weirdest question for you... Do you consider Christmas a summer holiday? Like is it analagous with summer in y'all's minds the way it is with winter here in America? And do you do the whole evergreen tree/Santa at the North Pole stuff? I just can't imagine what it's like to have Christmas in summertime!

Mizuko
12-16-2013, 07:58 PM
I have the weirdest question for you... Do you consider Christmas a summer holiday? Like is it analagous with summer in y'all's minds the way it is with winter here in America? And do you do the whole evergreen tree/Santa at the North Pole stuff? I just can't imagine what it's like to have Christmas in summertime!

Yup, Christmas is a summer holiday :) school has almost 2 months off! We have Christmas trees and everything, but instead of snow days we have beach days or lunch/dinner outside with the family! :D

Mermaid Kalliope
12-16-2013, 08:14 PM
Arion, just keep trying! The fight is worth it!

As for your measurements, make sure you take them at the SAME intervals. Mid thigh can be a few centimeters higher for one person and a few lower for anoyher, giving you different measurements. Pick where you will measure and keep the spots the same. :-) helped me a lot.

I think Raven is just suuuuuuuper busy right now. I haven't heard from her in two weeks almost and I emailed her a few times. I've been trying to get ahold of her about needing my tail before NCMerfest. :-/ So, don't be discouraged. As a current client, I can't get ahold of her.

Aziara
12-16-2013, 08:45 PM
Here's what I did to measure for my homemade tail: get a marker that you don't mind using on your skin, and while your measuring helper is getting the measurement around each area, have them make a short mark along the top edge of the measuring tape. That way, it's much easier to doublecheck the measurements, because they just line the tape up with the line again, so it is in the exact same place. Also, finding the height measurements gets much easier because you just measure mark to mark! Hope this helps.

Ashton
12-16-2013, 10:18 PM
Do you guys have lights on your palm trees? (I just assume you have those btw)

AniaR
12-16-2013, 11:49 PM
Hey folks, I updated my "going away thread" and just wanted to pop in here to let everyone know Raven is indeed busy. We've barely been able to catch up but I know she's working hard on everyone's orders and she had a few people pay for rush that she has to get out. I know she's trying to keep on top of emails for those of you whose tails are done and are waiting. Hopefully you'll hear something soon :)

Kailani, this is just a personal thought, why not see if she could send it to merfest for you? Then you wouldnt have to worry about it being late, it would take less time to get there, and no extra fees for one of the flights there? Just a thought ;) I've sent some stuff to christomer with the same thinking and he's been great about it :)

Mermaid Kalliope
12-17-2013, 12:06 AM
Raina- That thought has been brought up, but there are a few personal reasons why I want it shipped here first. I don't mind messaging you about them, I just don't want to post it here.

I appreciate the thought, though! ^-^ And it *is* being considered. If time is just not working out, then that's my last ditch effort to get it to Merfest. :-)

Mermaid Kelda
12-17-2013, 04:53 AM
Do you guys have lights on your palm trees? (I just assume you have those btw)
We have palm trees, but they're not really seen as being distinctively Australian... Plus they're way too tall to hang lights in! xD
Aside from the odd paperbark and gumtree, vegetation in our urban areas probably doesn't differ much from yours. We have plenty of firs and pines to use as Christmas trees :)

Mermaid Kalliope
12-17-2013, 08:53 PM
Okay, Raina... I sent the email to Raven about having the tail shipped to him. :-) Christomer said it was fine. Soooooo here's hoping!

Seatan
12-17-2013, 09:01 PM
Yup, Christmas is a summer holiday :) school has almost 2 months off! We have Christmas trees and everything, but instead of snow days we have beach days or lunch/dinner outside with the family! :D
Man I am jealous! It doesn't get too cold in Texas ( it snows like once a year. Or I should say itsleeys, cause its all icky ice) and I HATE winter (but love Christmas)! I wanna have a beachy Christmas too! Man I gotta move to Australia or something lol.

Marlin
12-17-2013, 10:53 PM
When I lived in Hawaii a few years ago- it was always interesting to see Santa's in swim shorts or on surfboards. Kinda a weird but funny mix up :) And Christmas lights on palm trees :D

Mermaid Lilium
12-18-2013, 04:33 PM
Xmas in July needs to be made a national holiday :')

But yeah, I love winter and love xmas even more <3

Ashton
12-19-2013, 04:48 PM
Xmas is always a strange time in the year where everyone stresses out! Thankfully it is coming soon -and we can all go about our everyday life's once again.

It's kinda sad but everyday I check my email and hope Raven has replied to my email wanting to order from her. Then I check her Facebook and see if there are any updates. Normally there aren't and I feel like a stalker.

Does anyone else do this or am I just a weirdo?

Marlin
12-19-2013, 05:01 PM
@ Alarson- Welcome to my life since late august. I finished saving up for a tail from her around about that time and it's just become a habitual part of my routine.

Ashton
12-19-2013, 05:47 PM
@marlin - I'm glad I'm not the only one. Have you ordered yours yet? Or is the waiting list really 5 months long?

Marlin
12-19-2013, 05:57 PM
I've been waiting to PLACE my order since September. She hasn't been taking orders since then. So just waiting for her to start taking orders again.

Ashton
12-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Wow 4 months? Now I feel like there is a dim chance of getting my order in :(
I wonder how many people are in line.

Marlin
12-19-2013, 07:26 PM
Don't feel bad- She's just really popular.

Mermaid Kalliope
12-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Well, good news is that I heard from her today and my tail will be heading to NC. I will get to see it in two weeks!

Bad news is, she's really swamped with holiday rush orders and getting holiday stuff done in general. I'm sure if you're patient and wait for a lull in the storm, you might get lucky. Raven is very popular, and for good reason, she does amazing work! Though, she isn't the only tail maker. I'm not trying to promote anyone or detract from her business at all. Just remember that if Raven can't/won't/hasn't taken your order doesn't mean you can't/won't get a tail ever.

Happy holidays every one and be safe!

AniaR
12-19-2013, 08:01 PM
this is what I see when I look out my door....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/995009_10153692271280425_934327196_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1476689_10153692271875425_1583941054_n.jpg

Seatan
12-19-2013, 09:11 PM
DANG Raina! You are frozen in! I hope you like snow! It was hilarious--there was going to be ice for ONE night in Texas, the kind where people wouldn't be able to go to work since we have few trucks to salt the roads and no snow plows and stuff, and people CLEARED OUT the grocery stores like we were gonna be stuck for years! And it was just a sheet of ice! I cannot IMAGINE that much snow.

Ashton
12-19-2013, 09:19 PM
@kailani- I know I have to be patient, which is why I decided to make my own neoprene tail while waiting in line for Raven.

@AniaR- That is INTENSE snow, granted I live in southern California and its been oddly warm during the day here (like 80-ish) and it rained today. I feel like its more like slightly colder summer here.

It would be cool to have snow here, but I think people would FREAK OUT tho. Since people cant even drive straight when it starts to barely sprinkle rain.

AniaR
12-19-2013, 09:33 PM
I'm cold... o_O

Echidna
12-20-2013, 01:03 AM
I'm cold... o_O

We're below 32 F° here, too.
Not much snow yet, though.
It's horrible for me, because all my symptoms get a major boost as soon as the temp drops.
I don't know how I survived the last 2 days for example, thought my head was going to explode any minute.
(ye, derail, sorry)

Mermaid Kalliope
12-20-2013, 02:22 AM
@alarson - The rain was a welcome change, but as I say of the typical southern Californian, "OMG! WHERE DID THE SUN GO? I CANT DRIVE NOW!" Because I've seen drivers get really bad even on cloudy days. @.@

Also, I did email you back, alarson! ^-^

I hope any one waiting for a tail hears back soon! ^-^

AniaR
12-20-2013, 09:27 AM
Ravens been posting pics of things boxed up and ready to ship on her personal page. Looks like she pulled another all nighter last night. So I'm sure people will hear soon :)

Merman Arion
12-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Ravens been posting pics of things boxed up and ready to ship on her personal page. Looks like she pulled another all nighter last night. So I'm sure people will hear soon :)

I better get my measurements very soon then. :gah:
This is such a pain in the ass to get them without any mistake.

I'm gonna see a professional tailor within the next days.

Ariel-Starfish
12-20-2013, 11:09 AM

Yay! Speaking of herpersonal page, I've send out a friend request on FB but she did never answer.

Seatan
12-20-2013, 11:22 AM
I better get my measurements very soon then. :gah:
This is such a pain in the ass to get them without any mistake.

I'm gonna see a professional tailor within the next days.

That's a good idea. I once spent a hundred dollars to have a used truck I was going to buy inspected and found out the motor mounts were busted. It is worth paying for a professional opinion when investing in expensive things!

Mermaid Kalliope
12-20-2013, 02:58 PM
My tail is officially on its way to NC! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I hope Raven gets some sleep! o.o;; I've been pulling all nighters this past week and it ain't fun or easy. @.@

AniaR
12-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Yes we chatted, she is sending out most of the due orders right now, and the remaining orders next week. She's hoping that after one more all nighter all will be done and in the drying phase. So if you were expecting a tail right around now or yours is late, chances are it'll be there asap! She's also made a million tops for people waiting on tops. lol I don't wanna post stuff from her personal page but lets just say there's been some fin-tastic behind the scenes photos XD

AniaR
12-20-2013, 07:14 PM
Yay! Speaking of herpersonal page, I've send out a friend request on FB but she did never answer.

Raven and I both get 100s of friend requests, and both pretty much stopped taking them unless we actually know people. Girl's got a right to her life outside of clients ;)

Ashton
12-21-2013, 02:35 AM
Snazzy, I cant wait till I see everyones tails/tops!

Ariel-Starfish
12-22-2013, 03:47 AM
Raven and I both get 100s of friend requests, and both pretty much stopped taking them unless we actually know people. Girl's got a right to her life outside of clients ;)

Understanable :) But I just love to drool over her pictures. (Am I a freak now?) And most of her other clients are 'friends' with her, so I thought wI might take a chance ^^

AniaR
12-23-2013, 04:54 PM
Just letting you know Raven has relisted a few tops on Etsy for the new year :) http://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/MerBellaStudios?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Winged Mermaid
12-23-2013, 06:33 PM
Yessss!! I hope she lists the plunge seaweed top soon. I'm dying to get my hands on one! I reaaaally hope it can fit a D cup. This is the one I'm talking about:

Seatan
12-23-2013, 08:30 PM
OH MY GOD I GOT AN OCTOPUS TOP MY LIFE IS FOREVER GOOD!

As you can see, I REALLY love Octopi. I feel so fulfilled. This is turning out to be a REALLY good Christmas! FinFolk tail on the way.... Merbella's octopus top on order... Life gets NO better than this....

Praise the Lawd!

Seatan
12-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Those of you who have Raven's tops... My irritating boobs are kind of between a 34B and a 34 C. I selected 34B, but should I contact her and change it to 34C? 34Bs are a little tight while 34Cs have a little gapping. Which is better for dealing with silicone tops? I have no idea how silicone tops fit, so....

Winged Mermaid
12-23-2013, 08:55 PM
Seavanna- I guess that depends on if you want cleavage or want to be modest! And I suppose if you go with modest, you could always use small inserts to get cleavage for certain events. I would always prefer a little gapping to a little tight too. I mean, the whole point of a silicone bra is comfort, right? :)

Winged Mermaid
12-23-2013, 08:56 PM
That's also assuming it has straps (netting or something). You don't want strapless that's too loose! Bad idea :P

AniaR
12-23-2013, 08:58 PM
my 34b tops for my sisters 34c boobs made by my sister. And yeah the other seaweed top will be listed, Raven just doesnt have time to list it all at the moment, a few of helped her get these ones up ;) so keep an eye out!

Ashton
12-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Which top is the best for someone who is big boobed (34DD)?

Seatan
12-23-2013, 09:03 PM
my 34b tops for my sisters 34c boobs made by my sister. And yeah the other seaweed top will be listed, Raven just doesnt have time to list it all at the moment, a few of helped her get these ones up ;) so keep an eye out!

You mean that your sister can wear your 34B top or that you can wear her 34C top?

AniaR
12-23-2013, 09:52 PM
ahh that was one heck of a typo smash. lol my sister who is a 34c can fit comfortablly in my 34b octotop. :)

Blondie
12-23-2013, 10:41 PM
I think that 36 Bs and 34Cs are essentially the same exact size xD Or so I read on the internet once before..

AniaR
12-23-2013, 10:43 PM
yeah, my seaweed top is a 34C and I fit in it fine even though I'm 34b so I woudln't be surprised

Seatan
12-23-2013, 10:59 PM
Yeah, what I ACTUALLY wear is a 32D, because I like my bra bands tight, but I can wear both 34B and 34C. 32D has the same cup size as a 34C. I will probably stick with the 34B since I will be swimming in it.

Winged Mermaid
12-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Which top is the best for someone who is big boobed (34DD)?

I know you can get a scale bra in any size :) It's just a little extra for cups above a C since she uses more silicone. Not sure Raven has any sculpted tops that would look good above a D cup. I know the D cup on her first seaweed bra it doesn't cover the whole cup, so some of the cup is left showing. The new seaweed bra she said since it's a plunge you'll just have a lot of cleavage, same for the new octo top (the Ursula inspired one).
The first and second octo top (full octopus with head between the boobs, or full octopus with it's head on one boob) only fits up to a C. Starfish only for A-B.

Hope that helps!

MerEmma
12-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Hurry Iona, the stylized seaweed is up now!!

Merman Arion
12-24-2013, 04:14 AM
It's just my opinion and it's a guy opinion but I think showing cleavage isn't bad at all. I mean, mermaids are supposed to be these sexy creatures who charm the sailors on the sea, right? So Seavanna, do what you feel it's right for you. :)

Iona, good luck getting the top of your dream. You will be lovely with it.

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Anahita
12-24-2013, 05:27 AM
I saw the tops and got all happy....

And then I saw the sizes and I got REALLY sad.

Oh well. I'll survive. I'll vent my frustration with a pair of shoes maybe. Lol

Aziara
12-24-2013, 09:02 AM
Yeah, us big bosomed ladies would probably have to make some sort of custom order. Maybe she'd let you ship her a bra of yours that already fits?

Winged Mermaid
12-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Urgh, was so excited till I went to check my bank account and realized I had to pay something I nearly oversaw.. That and if looks like I have $400 more than I do cause that's MerNetwork's money (from donations), I keep forgetting till I'm I think, "Why do I have so much money?" lol So no top for me :( Also the 34D option says Sold Out anyhow. Sadness. :money:

AniaR
12-24-2013, 09:16 PM
*looks down at her little boobs* hrrrmmm lol I think this is the only time this is a good thing for me haha

MerEmma
12-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Seems kind of weird to me that a top is out of stock...can't she get a nude bra base just about anywhere? I mean not *ANYWHERE* but 34D is a common size so it's not totally out there for her to order more. Maybe soon you'll be able to get one. ):

Seatan
12-24-2013, 09:33 PM
Maybe because there is more silicone involved in making it? Would a D need a different mold? I dunno, just guessing because I got to the tops REALLY soon after they were released, and they all showed most sizes as "sold out," which I am assuming means she didn't offer them... I know my octopus order was a choice between 34B and 34C, with the other sizes greyed out...

MerEmma
12-24-2013, 10:13 PM
There is definitely more silicone involved but I'm 99% sure it's the same mold she uses and the base is just out. Still, she doesn't offer many sizes considering the bands.

Seatan
12-24-2013, 10:18 PM
It's just my opinion and it's a guy opinion but I think showing cleavage isn't bad at all. I mean, mermaids are supposed to be these sexy creatures who charm the sailors on the sea, right? So Seavanna, do what you feel it's right for you. :)

I'm with you, Frenchie. I like boobs. Especially my own. I named them Lucy and Rhonda. They deserve to be shown off. ;)

Winged Mermaid
12-25-2013, 03:18 AM
Actually 34D isn't that common. I actually have really hard time finding strapless 34D in nude that would do well in water (not cotton, not a lace band, has elastic reinforcement). I literally spent days going to every store in town and only found ONE from one brand. $40 a pop too X_x Even at Victoria Secret they tend to not have that size in a lot of options. I think only reason Raven has them is that she bulk orders (pretty certain she bulk orders actually), but if she's out of them till her next order, then she's out :/ makes sense that she would get 34s of each cup size since you can put extenders to make bands bigger, but you can't take them in. And 32s are way uncommon -otherwise I'd be a 32 DD, but only specialty places carry that kind of size.

AniaR
12-25-2013, 06:00 AM
Raven orders special bras ;)

MerEmma
12-25-2013, 08:49 AM
Actually 34D isn't that common. I actually have really hard time finding strapless 34D in nude that would do well in water (not cotton, not a lace band, has elastic reinforcement). I literally spent days going to every store in town and only found ONE from one brand. $40 a pop too X_x Even at Victoria Secret they tend to not have that size in a lot of options. I think only reason Raven has them is that she bulk orders (pretty certain she bulk orders actually), but if she's out of them till her next order, then she's out :/ makes sense that she would get 34s of each cup size since you can put extenders to make bands bigger, but you can't take them in. And 32s are way uncommon -otherwise I'd be a 32 DD, but only specialty places carry that kind of size.

Really? That's...really really weird. Tbh I consider it a "common size" (even if it's mis-sized) if you can find it in VS since they carry a VERY limited size range. I find 32's all over in my neighborhood, anywhere that sells bras has them...that sucks that you can't find them though! I thought your ribcage didn't look like a 34 though. :b

PearlieMae
12-25-2013, 10:02 AM
I must have huge lungs...I wear a 36 or 38, but I'm only a B cup. I have a terrible time finding shirts that fit around my chest and upper back/shoulders.

Winged Mermaid
12-25-2013, 02:41 PM
Really? That's...really really weird. Tbh I consider it a "common size" (even if it's mis-sized) if you can find it in VS since they carry a VERY limited size range. I find 32's all over in my neighborhood, anywhere that sells bras has them...that sucks that you can't find them though! I thought your ribcage didn't look like a 34 though. :b

Bad luck I guess? Yeah, never have found a 32DD in any store I've looked in in my life. X_x Even when I was smaller no 32Ds either. So I just settle for 34D, and I have to ransack bra stores/departments for those, lol. It works well enough, just REALLY irritating that bras don't last as long as they should since once band stretches out it's done. When money is tight I try and take in my bra bands myself if I can so I can so I can wear them longer. It looks so bad, but I figure with non-mermaid bras, no one is seeing the band anyway. Well, besides hubby, but he doesn't care :P

Mermaid Oshun
12-25-2013, 02:53 PM
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=32dd&_sop=15

Winged Mermaid
12-25-2013, 03:09 PM
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=32dd&_sop=15

Once I put in the rest of the search criteria "nude, strapless" ect and looked for suitable ones- no lace, elastic reinforcement, not made of cotton but a nylon or something else water friendly, ect- there were no suitable ones for mermaid bras. Thanks for the thought though :) Maybe I'll take a gamble and try for a every day bra (if I can't try them on they do tend to be a gamble with it suiting my figure and the fit being comfortable and all that).

AniaR
12-25-2013, 05:39 PM
Like I said regardless, raven orders her tops specially ;)

Winged Mermaid
12-25-2013, 05:52 PM
Ooh, I thought you meant that she orders specialty bras in bulk. So if the size says "out of stock" does it matter as long as the buyer says which size in the description or..?

AniaR
12-26-2013, 12:16 AM
I believe I read that she does bigger sizes but you have to message her on etsy so she can secure the stock. She orders her tops special from a supplier I believe

Mermaid Kalliope
12-26-2013, 03:54 AM
I know I told her 34A (Just got two pairs of new bras and it is AMAZING that they fit), so when I try it on, I shall let you guys know! It is so tough finding an A cup regardless of band size. @.@ Crazy!

My question is getting the cup size right with the mold because cups aren't uniform in size. It's all relative to the band. So, getting a 34D and adding length doesn't mean it's the right type of D Cup

shimmygoddess
12-26-2013, 06:24 PM
I am a 32DD and I have to get my bras from Victoria Secret. They carry that size :) I dont use those for making tops though. I typically get a 34 C/D cup. I find a bra where the cups fit perfect, then can always add new bands and straps. That is how I make all my bellydance tops.

Bad luck I guess? Yeah, never have found a 32DD in any store I've looked in in my life. X_x Even when I was smaller no 32Ds either. So I just settle for 34D, and I have to ransack bra stores/departments for those, lol. It works well enough, just REALLY irritating that bras don't last as long as they should since once band stretches out it's done. When money is tight I try and take in my bra bands myself if I can so I can so I can wear them longer. It looks so bad, but I figure with non-mermaid bras, no one is seeing the band anyway. Well, besides hubby, but he doesn't care :P

AniaR
12-26-2013, 09:28 PM
honestly, I own 3 of her silicone tops, and 1 shell top. The cups themselves are more like a base, the silicone does all the work, so I find one cups size will actually fit more than one sized person. My mermaids and I all have different chests and we all fit in the tops :)

Merley
12-27-2013, 11:33 AM
Has anyone spoken to Raven lately? I sent her an email weeks ago and haven't heard back. :/ Also, I wanted to get an Ursula top, but someone snagged it up before I could put my Christmas money in my bank account. Do you think if I just buy another type of top from her etsy she can make me the Ursula top or I just have to wait until she lists another?

Merman Arion
12-27-2013, 11:44 AM
Do you think if I just buy another type of top from her etsy she can make me the Ursula top or I just have to wait until she lists another?

I highly doubt it. I think you will have to wait until she lists another :(
Raven is working like crazy to finish orders with the deadlines she has. Just be patient, you will hear from her soon I believe.

Ashton
12-27-2013, 12:08 PM
I have the same problem.
I wish we could get at least an 'out of office' reply like "Im sorry I am really busy I will get back to you soon" So I know at least she GOT my email.

AniaR
12-27-2013, 12:15 PM
Has anyone spoken to Raven lately? I sent her an email weeks ago and haven't heard back. :/ Also, I wanted to get an Ursula top, but someone snagged it up before I could put my Christmas money in my bank account. Do you think if I just buy another type of top from her etsy she can make me the Ursula top or I just have to wait until she lists another?

I spoke with her today she is super stressed out with her final tail orders for the year. I gotta rant a bit, She's been working her butt off but things have been slow curing, and she even worked right through christmas. Pulling all nighters, missing family etc, and I know some clients are getting frustrated with the wait. I wish people would just read the FAQ section where it explains the AVERAGE wait (not guaranteed) and see the big list of reasons posted there why things can be delayed. I know because I helped them write and post it. I get people want their tails, and when you've been waiting a few extra months I think its fair to get worried/complain but a few extra days give me a break. She also gives refunds if people feel it's too late of a wait, which no other tail maker does. I just feel so bad for her. She tries to stagger orders, but then people harass her into taking them, and then people treat her like she's some big scam artist when things aren't done on the exact numbered date that was offered as an approximate. Shes got autoimmune disorder like me, and has been working through it despite sickness and pain like 15 hour days nothing but tails. She's not on the internet arguing or bragging like other tail makers, she's got no time for it. She's just constantly working on tails. /end rant

I wouldnt expect any replies to emails until she gets these last tails out. As far as the tops I know she'll re-list them when she has time, she just really doesn't. I know she's hoping to focus more on the tops once these orders are done.

But yeah, if everyone who isn't a current client could just give Raven a little space to finish up what she's doing, I think she'd appreciate it. Most of your questions are already answered on here and on their FB page. And if it's not listed/or she hasn't announced that she's taking orders, then she's not until she posts that she is. I know people reallllly want tails, but she's one person, trying to create something perfect that lives up to expectation. She's not a factory. She doesn't have help. She's honest about circumstances and she has never scammed anyone. She offers refunds and warranties even when it's in no way her fault- which most other tail makers don't do.

If you're a current client, please resist the urge to email her constantly for updates. You get an update when your tail begins to get painted, when it's done being painted, and when it's shipped. Again, one of the only tail makers to do that. Remember curing times vary and the more intricate your design the longer it'll take. Light colours also take more time. For more reasons into why your tail might be taking longer check here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/merbella-studios-inc/faq-about-wait-times-and-email-response-times/542703012452450 it's known that Raven's tails take a while. Because you're getting the best of the best. I appreciate it's hard to wait, I'm pretty sure no one has ever waited as long as myself and Kailani- and it sure paid off for us. But let's not act like Raven is fishbutts, or mermaidsrus etc. It makes me sad that so many people approach her like she must be a scam artist when things take longer than she thought, or because she doesnt have time to email everyday. So, as one of her closest friends, seeing how sick the recent stress has put on her, I'm asking you to please extend her your kindness. I'm not posting this because Raven asked me to, she'll probably get mad I did lol because she does not like to give people a bunch of excuses, she finds it unprofessional. But, like I said, I'm her friend, I care about her, and I genuinely worry she might die sometimes because she goes so many days without sleep working on these things. A little kindness and understanding goes a long way, and you'll get an awesome tail :) Or, if you can't wait, opt for the refund and be an adult about it.

AniaR
12-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Also she may not reply to all emails (and I really dont think the community has an accurate understanding of how emails work for tail makers in the slightest) but she posts updates to fb that apply to all, and I relay messages here too. So it's not like she's totally off the radar.

Merman Arion
12-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Well said, Raina.
I have been advised multiple time to send her an e-mail with the "READY TO ORDER" title but I decided to wait. What would be the point anyway when I'm already seeing three-four mermaids here worrying about not getting a response/update since weeks?
I would rather take the time to make sure that my measurements are right and to make a design while waiting for her official FB update. I'm one of the rare mermen here who are waiting in line, I believe all good things will come at the right time. We just have to be patient, the girl is human, not a machine although she's kinda acting like one since she's pulling all nighters at her own risk. I really admire her devotion.
She's certainly not like the owners of Fishbutts and MermaidRUs.

Ashton
12-27-2013, 12:55 PM
What happened to fish butts and mermaidsrus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Ariel-Starfish
12-27-2013, 01:08 PM
Amen to that! After ordering a tail, and top in between it really opened my eyes afterwards (when I had problems with the neoprene/silicone) I just have to be careful, wich I am even more now! About the top: I know it's ready and will ship any day/week. Wi'll see when it arrives ^^ No fuzz about it! AND: I really hope Raven takes a break from time to time! When I read Raina's posts, It looks like Raven eats, sleeps and dreams tails 24/7. So I really wish she would have a 'normal' time everytime she want's to! <3

AniaR
12-27-2013, 02:05 PM
fishbutts stole money from people and deleted their page after never responding to people. MermaidsRus reputation has slipped as you can see for both tail makers in their area of the forum

Ashton
12-27-2013, 02:20 PM
fishbutts stole money from people and deleted their page after never responding to people. MermaidsRus reputation has slipped as you can see for both tail makers in their area of the forum

Thats not good! Good thing the internet is around, so we can all share information and warn others about people who are not nice, and people who are!

AniaR
12-27-2013, 02:31 PM
New updates!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1505308_639054746150609_657073995_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1524875_639054459483971_119679503_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1546057_639054056150678_124575020_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/967234_639053766150707_74631185_o.jpg

Remember, Raven doesn't always post every order or everything. Usually too busy getting them out ;)

Merman Arion
12-27-2013, 02:33 PM
Raina, I was just going to post the updates ;)

You beat me by seconds LOL :p

Mermaid Kalliope
12-27-2013, 04:32 PM
Wow. I missed a lot. XD Yeah, I agree with Raina, she really is busy right now and trying her best. She cares about every tail she makes and wants her client to at least like it. I already have told her I love my tail and she has done AMAZING! And she's still saying she hopes I like it. She's an artist above being a tail maker. Her skill and talent with molding and painting... just wow. I think people really need to start treating her as such. If you commissioned a painting from a master artist (Photoshop or not) you can't expect your painting to be done instantly. Even if a painting/piece of art has 30ish hours put into it doesn't mean that they're straight hours. It might mean multiple sets of working on it for a few hours at a time then working on a different order/painting, etc.

So, like Raina said, she's only human and give her some time to catch up and take a break.

As for the updates! WOW! That gold one, amazingly done! And that angler... phew. Those colours are well done. Tough to blend, but she did an exquisite job. Those Atlantis tops are starting to get me thinking about ordering one some day~ along with bracers. But that's some day off in the future. XD

AniaR
12-27-2013, 06:38 PM
yeah my post wasn't to single anyone out. A LOT of people read this thread but don't post it ;) just my usual "here's what's up" pre-emptive post so I don't get 100 emails later :p

Mermaid Lorelei
12-27-2013, 07:12 PM
So, I've been keeping it quiet until I knew it was going to happen for sure... but I'm going to have a photoshoot with Merbellas! Let's just say I'm excited.

mermaid Syrean
12-27-2013, 11:17 PM
I agree with Raina <3
im currently waiting on my tail from Raven but I understand that she has had a lot going on ATM like Raina said she worked all through Christmas and Raven told me that herself as well in my last update. Everyone needs to understand that Raven is human and needs time to spend with her family and rest so she can have a personal life too! If Raven is ready to take new orders she will but ATM she's trying to finish tails and current orders and then when shes had a break to re-energise and when's she's ready she will take new orders!

so for those of you waiting on current orders take a breather and relax You will get updates when there ready <3 I'm. Currently well past the 120day estimate but I'm happy to wait, just think you have already ordered and that's the hardest part getting your order in so be patient because Raven no doubt really appreciates it when her customers are understanding!

and for you guys waiting to order I know it sucks because Ravens work is amazing but she can only do what she can handle <3 and that's why everyone loves her because she produces almost flawless artworks but she does this because she is meticulous in her craftsmanship and she understand the financial and emotional investments that people are putting in their tails. So she puts her heart and soul into bringing peoples dreams to life <3

AniaR
12-27-2013, 11:52 PM
^ couldnt have said it any better :D

Mermaid Kalliope
12-28-2013, 12:23 AM
I wasn't aiming my post at anyone, either, just putting it out there. :-)

AniaR
12-28-2013, 12:55 AM
So, I've been keeping it quiet until I knew it was going to happen for sure... but I'm going to have a photoshoot with Merbellas! Let's just say I'm excited.

So glad to hear that it will be happening! I *did* bring it up with her to remind her ;) I'm glad she found some time to respond and plan with you :3

Ashton
12-28-2013, 12:56 AM
I cant wait to see your photos!

Blondie
12-28-2013, 03:42 AM
First time seeing Raven's tails on my retina display Mac :jawdrop: :O_o::eyepop: