PDA

View Full Version : Merbellas Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Merman Arion
03-02-2014, 11:25 AM
I only say it because people have gotten angry with her for not giving extras without realizing she had no time for extras and none to give.

People can be so rude and selfish, it's unbelievable...

No respect at all.

Anahita
03-02-2014, 07:38 PM
I only say it because people have gotten angry with her for not giving extras without realizing she had no time for extras and none to give.

That is messed up. Seriously? It's a freebie extra for a reason.

If they want something so badly they'd get upset without it, they should offer to pay for it instead of expecting her to hand over things that take work for free. :P

Mermaid Lilium
03-02-2014, 08:24 PM
That is messed up. Seriously? It's a freebie extra for a reason.

If they want something so badly they'd get upset without it, they should offer to pay for it instead of expecting her to hand over things that take work for free. :P

here, here! *claps*

I'm still so often amazed that Raven even sends freebies, people shouldn't expect them or count on getting them and if they have a problem with that then they either need to pay out or quit complaining.

Arella
03-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Raven sent me a hair clip and earrings as freebies I'm going to wear them to my shoot : ) so excited!!!!

Mer-Crazy
03-02-2014, 08:53 PM
I feel so bad cause she sent me such lovely earrings for free but I don't have pierced ears so I can't wear them :( I was considering telling her when I paid, because I knew she sent out freebies but I didn't want to come across as arrogant or anything like 'oh I know I'm gonna get some freebies'. So I just didn't say anything.

Mermaid Dottie
03-03-2014, 01:07 AM
I wonder if there's a way to modify them into wraps or clip ons.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Anahita
03-03-2014, 03:00 AM
I'm sure there is. I've modified post-backs to hook backs before because of historical costuming. I'm sure there's a way to modify hook-backs to clip-ons if you can find the right clip-on base.

MermaidAmestris
03-03-2014, 04:37 AM
I can't believe people get angry about it. I wasn't expecting anything at all, I've just seen them in unboxing videos and was wondering how it worked. Geez, how ungrateful do you have to be to be to get mad about something so dumb when this girl worked her tail off just to make sure you had one?

Arella
03-03-2014, 08:46 AM
Yeah I would juts go to your local craft store to look for some clips : )

Aziara
03-03-2014, 08:57 AM
I feel so bad cause she sent me such lovely earrings for free but I don't have pierced ears so I can't wear them :( I was considering telling her when I paid, because I knew she sent out freebies but I didn't want to come across as arrogant or anything like 'oh I know I'm gonna get some freebies'. So I just didn't say anything.

It's quite easy to modify earrings to fit non-pierced ears! I have done it myself, either from pierced to clip, and even clip to pierced. You simply need to remove the old ear wire, then attach the earring to a non-pierced base. Here's some bases I found, depending on whether you like clip type or screw type. http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/nickel-flat-pad-screwback-clip-on-ear-wires-422659/ http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/gold-plated-earclips-with-half-balls-and-loops-227678/ Here's also a tutorial that might help. http://jewelry.lovetoknow.com/Converting_Pierced_Earrings_to_Clip_On

Ariel-Starfish
03-03-2014, 12:52 PM
Look wha came in today!

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/LaraCroftFanneke22/Mermaiding/1CD23532-B438-4D3A-A36B-77AF1D227F5B_zps2gkny5tp.jpg (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/LaraCroftFanneke22/media/Mermaiding/1CD23532-B438-4D3A-A36B-77AF1D227F5B_zps2gkny5tp.jpg.html)

And speaking of gifts; I got 2 !
I knew I was going to get the Ariel necklace as an extra, but also got this super cool scale bracelet <3 Squeeeeh! I feel like a spoiled child on christmas day:lol:

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/LaraCroftFanneke22/Mermaiding/051502F0-EEFC-433B-86CF-11C499E71568_zps6qbl606l.jpg (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/LaraCroftFanneke22/media/Mermaiding/051502F0-EEFC-433B-86CF-11C499E71568_zps6qbl606l.jpg.html)

Imogen Finnly
03-03-2014, 01:05 PM
So pretty!!

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

Arella
03-03-2014, 05:04 PM
Photo shoot 2moro SOOOOO excited!!!

Mer-Crazy
03-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Food for thought; do you guys think Raven likes doing these really custom tails more or the regular tails more? I mean the custom tails are more work, but also I suppose she'd have a chance to get more creative with them?

Mermaid Ellowyn
03-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Food for thought; do you guys think Raven likes doing these really custom tails more or the regular tails more? I mean the custom tails are more work, but also I suppose she'd have a chance to get more creative with them?

I've never asked her myself, but from what I've seen I feel like she really enjoys the work that she does - both the custom and more basic tails. As with any artist, creativity and design are lots of fun, but I can see the merit and enjoyment of bringing a basic tail design to life and putting in that extra Raven charm to make it wonderful. I'm sure there are favorite projects and designs she's worked on, too. I suppose we won't know which ones she likes to do "more" until someone asks her :)

AniaR
03-03-2014, 09:30 PM

I asked her before haha

She prefers doing the full silicone tails to the basic, because believe it or not the basics are a lot more work and time consuming. And she always prefers creative and unique ideas over just a basic colour scheme cuz she loves to be challenges and try to come up with something unique!

Mermaid Ellowyn
03-03-2014, 11:09 PM
Basics are more work and more time consuming? Wow, I wasn't expecting that!

AniaR
03-03-2014, 11:48 PM
Gotta sew all that neoprene first then do silicone then merge em together. Its almost like making 2 tails

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

MermaidAmestris
03-04-2014, 01:42 AM
What are the prices right now? I've asked and looked around, but it seems like Raven changes the prices quite a bit. I've heard 1000 for basic and 3000 for performance, something for basic and 3500 for performance, and 1500 for basic and 2600 for performance.

deepblue
03-04-2014, 02:39 AM
I suppose that depends on who you hear it from. Her FB page has the prices under 'about': https://www.facebook.com/MerBellaStudios/info

AniaR
03-04-2014, 09:48 AM
In over 2 years Shes changed em twice. I believe old FAQs are still kicking around and need to be deleted. They just had no time.

Arella
03-04-2014, 10:44 AM
Off to my photo shoot so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BayouMermaid
03-04-2014, 11:46 AM
Have fun!

AniaR
03-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Have fun!!

Sirena The Coral Reef Koi
03-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Okay I need to vent, I'm really getting worried about my tail. Everytime I finally get a response from Raven she says she will have an update with photos "this weekend" and three weeks later and still nothing and I know she's really busy and I have been so patient and understanding but I order/paid and confirmed measurements on the 10 of aug last year and I have missed two mermaid events and a cosplay gathering because i still don't have my tail! Now I know getting an order is the hardest part as I have said so myself but I have been fussed around a lot with tail from Eric to fish butts twice! And the anxiety of it all Is getting to me and I am really worried! I don't won't to bother her again with an other email but I really would like to see that she has at least started it :( then I think I would be okay, but as I'm seen nothing I'm feeling kinda abandond!

Merman Arion
03-04-2014, 07:48 PM
Okay I need to vent, I'm really getting worried about my tail. Everytime I finally get a response from Raven she says she will have an update with photos "this weekend" and three weeks later and still nothing and I know she's really busy and I have been so patient and understanding but I order/paid and confirmed measurements on the 10 of aug last year and I have missed two mermaid events and a cosplay gathering because i still don't have my tail! Now I know getting an order is the hardest part as I have said so myself but I have been fussed around a lot with tail from Eric to fish butts twice! And the anxiety of it all Is getting to me and I am really worried! I don't won't to bother her again with an other email but I really would like to see that she has at least started it :( then I think I would be okay, but as I'm seen nothing I'm feeling kinda abandond!

Ok. First of all, calm down.
Second of all, as much as I understand your concerns, I think you need to know that Raven IS CERTAINLY NOT Eric, nor Fishbutt. They are two different leagues in my opinion and I mean it. Last of all, Raven NEVER let down a mermaid about her tail order or else we would have known already! Every mermaid here on this thread got her tail no matter the time it took. You gotta be (very) patient. Girl, better late than never for a dream come true, right?! So relax your fins, take a deap breath and just trust her.

Ask Ariel Starfish for example. It took time but look at what she just got. Wasn't it worth the wait? It's perfect and I like her pretty happy smile on her picture. What are some months compared to a lifetime of a dream never coming true?

Have you not read what Raina said again and again to every girl here who have been worrying just like you did?
Raven is doing her very best to please everybody. It just takes time because she's putting her soul on every order. That's what makes her the best.

Imogen Finnly
03-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Arion said it very well!

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

Marlin
03-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Ok. First of all, calm down.
Second of all, as much as I understand your concerns, I think you need to know that Raven IS CERTAINLY NOT Eric, nor Fishbutt. They are two different leagues in my opinion and I mean it. Last of all, Raven NEVER let down a mermaid about her tail order or else we would have known already! Every mermaid here on this thread got her tail no matter the time it took. You gotta be (very) patient. Girl, better late than never for a dream come true, right?! So relax your fins, take a deap breath and just trust her.

Have you not read what Raina said again and again to every girl here who has been venting just like you did?
Raven is doing her very best to please everybody. It just takes time because she's putting her soul on every order. That's what makes her the best.

Amen. Preach it Brother!
:clap:

AniaR
03-04-2014, 08:05 PM

#1 rule of thumb, never book gigs until you actually have your tail in your hand. It's all over the forum ;) because any number of things can delay it.

I've been checking in with Raven as frequently as I can and I know she's just finishing up a batch of tails and then she's got another batch of 4 left before she's done all current orders. The tails get done in a group, so yours could be assembled but waiting to be painted etc. So don't fear. :) I know yours will be done soon. Keep in mind her company isn't just tail making, they do photoshoots for clients, and do performing as well. Raven is working harder to be better on the communication end of things, but when it comes down to it, she pretty much just works on the company 24/7 and only posts updates to FB etc after I give her a gentle push hahaha.

Now, I'm not gonna sit here and give you excuses or defend her. You paid mid august, it's been a long time I think you're well within your right to be getting anxious. I've been urging Raven to change her wait times to be more reflective of how long it's taking, but I believe that she's still aiming to always do within her estimate. But like it was said, she's not any of the tail makers who never delivers a tail or gives you a crappy product. So don't be scared that you're being scammed or duped. She cares too much to do that to people ;) I'm sorry you had those bad experiences, but I know she'll deliver and you'll be happy :)

There's a few others who ordered around the same time from the forum, so I'm sure you'll all be getting them together! It's okay to be scared and anxious, it's a lot of money, it's a long wait, and we have mermaid dreams! I just know Raven will deliver :) she wont run off with your money haha I promise. <3

Mermaid Isabel(:
03-04-2014, 09:24 PM

I know how you feel I ordered my tail July 1st. I was told about getting photos before the big tail auction and still haven't heard anything. But you have to think that she's been doing all of these photo shoots and making not just tails but tops and doing gigs of her own. Worrying about it won't make the tail get done any faster so just take a deep breath and know you're not the only one waiting and it'll be ok :) it'll be worth the wait I'm sure!

03-04-2014, 09:38 PM
Wow thanks guys I will take on eveything that you guys have said :) I know I shouldn't worry cause it's Raven I think it's just that what if cause it's happened so many time before! But your right what's a wait if your dream comes true rather then never being patient enought and it not happening! Thank you everyone for putting me at ease and Raina thanks for telling me about the batches I had no idea so it probably makes sense now :)

Arella
03-04-2014, 09:58 PM
Shoot was so much fun!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the pics : )

Mermaid Ellowyn
03-04-2014, 11:52 PM
I can't wait to see them either if you'd like to share whenever you receive them Arella!

Mer-Crazy
03-05-2014, 12:38 AM
Does Raven do custom silicone tops to match tails (and I mean super custom like Kailani's or the Koi tail? Like how she did a sea dragon top to go with the tail? Or is it a matter of her choice?

AniaR
03-05-2014, 07:27 AM
Yes. Ive seen her do custom tops to match tails.

AniaR
03-05-2014, 10:20 AM
I caught up with Raven briefly today. They have merbellas gigs this weekend fyi.

I had to share this funny quote from her it'll give you a sense just how much she works...

" Im trimming a seaweed top LITERALLY in the car on the way "

Lol yup.

Ariel-Starfish
03-05-2014, 11:25 AM
@Raina: Does she has any free time, EVER? Lol She's working waaay to mutch!

about the waiting thing: For my tail it's been a horrible period, but now I got it, I love my tail every day even more! I'mactually happy that I did not choose any other tail maker! And even now, ordering a top was a bit anxious after a few months (comunication /etsy problems) but It got soved and I'm as happy as a kid in a candy store! <3 Now every time I have to get hold of myself NOT ordering another top couse they are TO GORGEOUSSSS! Hehr :p

Merman Arion
03-05-2014, 11:45 AM
About the waiting thing: For my tail it's been a horrible period, but now I got it, I love my tail every day even more! I'm actually happy that I did not choose any other tail maker! And even now, ordering a top was a bit anxious after a few months (comunication /etsy problems) but It got soved and I'm as happy as a kid in a candy store! <3 Now every time I have to get hold of myself NOT ordering another top couse they are TO GORGEOUSSSS! Hehr :p

To Mermaid Namiko, I rest my case thanks to Ariel's reply. It's like I always says : good things happen to those who wait. :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

AniaR
03-05-2014, 12:15 PM
She really has no free time. In two years Shes never said " oh I think I'll take a day off and go to the mall/movie/ fair whatever lol" the only time in 2 years she has not spent working on orders for clients is when she's gigging, photo shooting a client, or too sick. Literally. Not directed at anyone here but I get frustrated when people take her busy life personally. Then get mad if she posts a picture or status to fb thinking she's got time for that and not for them. ( especially when she really doesn't have time for fb and posts so ppl dont get upset)

Not directed at ppl in this thread I just saw a few comments recently that made me angry. I feel like ppl will make excuses for and take loads of crap from other tail makers with a poor history, but scrutinize Raven with an extra strength magnifying glass. When she's got no history.

I do worry about her because the thing is she's got so much pressure to never mess up I think if she ever does people might have an aneurism! Lol

Mermaid Ellowyn
03-05-2014, 12:35 PM
That certainly is a LOT of pressure on her. I hope there are enough people who understand and support her, especially if that were to ever happen.

Ariel-Starfish
03-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Wow, she has to take care of her health! We do not want her to have a breakdown!

Ariel-Starfish
03-05-2014, 12:44 PM
Btw if i'll ever in the looooong dictance future will order a top again, it will be a octo top, painted to the likeness of my octo Ronny :p

Mermaid Ellowyn
03-05-2014, 12:45 PM
That would be so cute/cool Ariel Starfish!

Ariel-Starfish
03-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Thanks Harley! Yeah I have this idea for quite a while now ^^

Mermaid Kalliope
03-05-2014, 12:55 PM
My top wasn't custom to my tail, it's my favourite octopus and it was a surprise!

Namiko, just remember... I waited 240+ days for my tail. It's worth it and she'll make it AMAZING.

ShyMer
03-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Too bad hiring an assistant has never worked out well for her. Surely there's someone out there who can do a decent job at some part in the process and make Raven's workload less difficult. I worry sometimes that she's going to burn out.

AniaR
03-05-2014, 02:23 PM
Yeah it never has but I think people overestimate using an assistant for personal business that is synced with your identity. It does not work for my company at all just adds to communication difficulties. Its not the cure all for sure.

Mermaidmechanic
03-06-2014, 12:10 AM
I'm going to just add a little something in here:

For anyone concerned about Raven's tails, now that I have one (and another tail to compare it to) I can really tell the difference in craftsman ship. I'm not saying my other tail is bad, but I can see and feel the fact that so much more time goes into ravens tails. The seams are flawless, literally. The inside seam is perfectly flat and you cant see the seam from the outside. I had to look inside my tail to figure out where the seams were. The paint has LAYERS to it. its not just brush a few colors on and go. I can see the thought put into it and i'm STILL finding new colors on my tail that I hadn't noticed before. it has this multi-dimensional quality to it that makes it less of a costume piece and more of a wearable work of art. The fins are very secure and resilient, even more so than the fins on my other tail. The seams on the fins are as flawless as the seams in the tail. There isnt any gunking up of silicone and I can almost imagine Raven sitting there, carefully cleaning the excess silicone on the seams of the tail and fins with a small tool like a toothpick or something. Raven's tails really are a labor of love, and I couldn't have ever imagined it until I physically saw with my own eyes one of her creations. Any one who receives one is lucky, and although waiting SUCKS (i'm an instant gratification kind of person) once you have your tail in hand, you'll understand what everyone has been saying.

Mer-Crazy
03-06-2014, 02:02 AM
My top wasn't custom to my tail, it's my favourite octopus and it was a surprise!
I know, I was simply looking for the most unique tails I could think of to use as an example to ask if she would do really custom tops to match them if you asked :)

Mermaid Kelda
03-06-2014, 06:59 AM
Mermechanic, I just want to say that you look absolutely stunning in the tail. I showed my boyfriend the pics when Raven posted them and he said it looked like it was made for you. It looked great on Raven, but it looks perfect on you! Congrats on getting it :)

Mermaidmechanic
03-06-2014, 05:13 PM
Aww shucks, thanks Melaina!

AniaR
03-06-2014, 05:19 PM
I am putting in a new order next week! But don't worry all you people who are waiting, I'm not jumping line ;) I've just arranged with Raven to pay the money while I have it, (tax return) because if I don't I always find something else to spend it on, lol. Still heading to the end of the line. I have decided to just let Raven do whatever the heck she wants and make whatever kind of tail she wants :) My poor rapidash is holding up so well, but she is two years old and was the first silicone ever. She was cast super thin, and has a few traits that new ones don't have. The only input I have really given for my new tail is that I'll go for the smaller monofin/fluke this time so I can fit it in standard luggage or portfolio hahahaha.

I have constant fears of my tail busting, because I rely on it so much. anywhere from 2-4 times a week right now, and it increases in summer. My big nightmare is what I would do if the monofin ever snapped >.> it takes so long to send it to florida and back for repairs last year I took a month off gigs. I can't really afford to do that this year.

So yeah, it'll take a while, haha but I am excited :)

Mermaidmechanic
03-06-2014, 05:24 PM
Yay! I can't wait to see what she comes up with! Giving Raven creative freedom is going to produce something wickedly awesome.

MerEmma
03-06-2014, 06:19 PM
Smaller monofin? Waaaat? I never thought I'd see the day when you went for anything but a competitor! What monofin are you getting?

AniaR
03-06-2014, 06:55 PM
I really am torn about monofin. Because I swim soooo much better with the competitor. But I just can't fit my tail is anything and it's really becoming a problem. We've tried a lot of diff things to transport it even just for gigs. And it stresses me out a lot. A lot of damage my tail does incur is because of transitions to gigs :( so I need a smaller monofin for my new tail so I have the option for easier packing and transport. So I think I'd end up with the foil which I'm a terrible swimmer with. Haha though Raven thinks I'll be okay because I've been working so hard on swimming for 2 years. So I've been practising a bit with my wave fin.

I think while I may get photos with my new tail in the ocean, it's unlikely I'll swim in the ocean without my splash tail ;) but new one will be fine for parties and modelling etc. :)

Merman Arion
03-06-2014, 07:01 PM
I really am torn about monofin. Because I swim soooo much better with the competitor. But I just can't fit my tail is anything and it's really becoming a problem. We've tried a lot of diff things to transport it even just for gigs. And it stresses me out a lot. A lot of damage my tail does incur is because of transitions to gigs :( so I need a smaller monofin for my new tail so I have the option for easier packing and transport. So I think I'd end up with the foil which I'm a terrible swimmer with. Haha though Raven thinks I'll be okay because I've been working so hard on swimming for 2 years. So I've been practising a bit with my wave fin.

I think while I may get photos with my new tail in the ocean, it's unlikely I'll swim in the ocean without my splash tail ;) but new one will be fine for parties and modelling etc. :)

Why not asking for the Merfin fluke?

Anahita
03-06-2014, 08:37 PM
Or have her cut down the competitor, maybe? That way you still get the still get the push of the fiberglass fin, but it's narrower, so it fits in luggage.

lynsea
03-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Rania, are you asking her to keep with the same color pattern all your tails have or does she truly have free reign?

AniaR
03-06-2014, 09:03 PM
seriously I replied to all of these and the forum just ate my post. booo.

I dont like the merfin and I dont think it has enough push for me. Raven has free reign but I think she's expressed still wanting to put orange in. No sense cutting the competitor so drastically if the other monofins will do the same job. you can only cut the competitor so much before you compromise it's flexibility and chances of cracking. And many other mers who have cut the competitor as far as they could without doing that, still can't fit it in things. I thik it'll be cool to have a floppy fin anyway as an alternative. It's an additional tail. it's not replacing my current one. choices!

Winged Mermaid
03-06-2014, 09:16 PM
If you typed something and it didn't manage to post it, if you go to the bottom there's a "Restore Auto-Saved Content" button in the bottom left of the text box. I still have one on mine as I type from when I was writing a reply 4 hours ago and closed the window :P It's not always there but most of the time it is.

AniaR
03-06-2014, 09:16 PM
yeah I've seen it before it wasnt there this time I got error message lol

MermaidAmestris
03-06-2014, 11:14 PM
So, question about fin shapes. I know Raven does lots of different fluke shapes, but what about fins? Like heel/ankle/dorsal fins? What different shapes hs she done? I've only seen three different dorsals and two different types of other fins. I know she could do custom, but I suck at designing fins. Just wondering what other shapes she's done.

Mer-Crazy
03-07-2014, 02:15 AM
So, question about fin shapes. I know Raven does lots of different fluke shapes, but what about fins? Like heel/ankle/dorsal fins? What different shapes hs she done? I've only seen three different dorsals and two different types of other fins. I know she could do custom, but I suck at designing fins. Just wondering what other shapes she's done.
http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu20/Midna-Phobia/finsmerbella_zps55358bef.png

Funny enough I was actually looking at all the different designs of ins Raven has done over the years, though mind was more for position purposes rather than style. But there's a picture of all the different types of extra fins I could find that she's done, so mainly heel and pectoral fins but there are a couple of others in there.

Mermaid Kalliope
03-07-2014, 08:57 PM
If any one needs help with designs, feel free to email me!! ( kailanithemermaid@gmail.com )

I'd love to see what I could do to help!

AniaR
03-07-2014, 11:55 PM
dont forget folks, Raven is away performing this weekend :)

MermaidAmestris
03-08-2014, 02:32 AM
Raven is always performing or working on tails. She's such a busy mermaid. At least she's busy with something she loves, and not something she can't stand.

Merman Arion
03-08-2014, 04:03 AM
I have been told that she stopped filming her performances at the gigs because of some professional mermaids copying her at 100%. It's a shame because I used to enjoy watching her on youtube and be inspired by her natural abilities to spread the magic to the children. Tyler was very good as a pirate, he had a lot of charisma when some journalists interviewed him for a report about festivals and mermaids.
But yeah, she's busy with something that she's passionate about and not many can say that.

Anahita
03-08-2014, 04:26 AM
I have been told that she stopped filming her performances at the gigs because of some professional mermaids copying her at 100%. It's a shame because I used to enjoy watching her on youtube and be inspired by her natural abilities to spread the magic to the children. Tyler was very good as a pirate, he had a lot of charisma when some journalists interviewed him for a report about festivals and mermaids.
But yeah, she's busy with something that she's passionate about and not many can say that.

Seriously? WTH? That's so messed up. I was kind of wondering why she didn't post any videos of her performances, but now that I hear that, I'm not surprised.

Merman Arion
03-08-2014, 04:38 AM
Yeah... The Merbella mermaids are quite good when they perform at gigs and festivals.

Here is an old video of Mermaid Meshpa and one another Mermaid performing :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLUzCmRAr9o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIrawQItQL0

And this is Tyler being interviewed and Raven performing with her beautiful clownfish tail :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeV19Fp34X0

Mer-Crazy
03-08-2014, 04:43 AM
Oh I loved watching the Merbella performances so much! It was so cool to see them, and they all looked so realistic. I'd believe they were real mermaids.

Winged Mermaid
03-08-2014, 06:02 AM
Raven is so mezmerizing! I wish I could be half as graceful as she is in the water!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FfK6lMhEnQ

Some more videos :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVZdnwvmJGw&amp;feature=share&amp;list=PLz0FvbfKQ5 j_NgsiKYtw9xn47xfmNHq5X&amp;index=10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9-asBj4clU&amp;list=PLz0FvbfKQ5j_NgsiKYtw9xn47xfmNHq5X&amp;f eature=share&amp;index=9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3BfddbyNZU&amp;index=13&amp;list=PLz0FvbfKQ5j_NgsiKYtw9xn4 7xfmNHq5X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZBsNp2TPFQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R06MgyYlZIQ

Winged Mermaid
03-08-2014, 06:07 AM

Seriously? WTH? That's so messed up. I was kind of wondering why she didn't post any videos of her performances, but now that I hear that, I'm not surprised.

Yup. I've seen it. I've called a few people out on it even, and they denied and kept on with it, saying they got their "inspiration" from somewhere else. -_- Uh huh. The most popular things that people copy is the mermaid speak or "mermish". Which the idea of it is certainly awesome, but there's no pride in ripping off someone else's act.

Anahita
03-08-2014, 07:42 AM
Yup. I've seen it. I've called a few people out on it even, and they denied and kept on with it, saying they got their "inspiration" from somewhere else. -_- Uh huh. The most popular things that people copy is the mermaid speak or "mermish". Which the idea of it is certainly awesome, but there's no pride in ripping off someone else's act.

Ahh.... Yeah, that seems like a really obvious rip-off, too.... You'd think people might think twice about doing that, but I guess not.... I'm glad I'm fond of sticking to singing rude sailor songs and babbling silly things in Farsi, at leas then I'm not ripping anyone off. :) (er, that I know of... please don't let me be ripping someone off, I love the bawdy sea shanties!)

Thalassa
03-08-2014, 09:30 AM
I do "mermish" sometimes, not often because I'm fond of talking to kids. If asked I always say I learned from Raven. And I've actually had a kid that watched the Merbellas say that I wasn't a mermaid because they can't speak English! :-( Of course, compared to them he's right, so...yup.

Thalassa
03-08-2014, 09:31 AM
And yeah, Anahita, I sing a couple of sea shanties in my rotation, but they're not in Farsi so I think we're good. ;-)

AniaR
03-08-2014, 11:05 AM
I saw her eprform live 2 years ago, it was amazing. there's a video on my fb. I know her, I know she's in a costume, and I was every bit as excited and believing as the kids. THey do all these subtle things!

And yup, people copy her constantly, everything she does. :/ she's always working so hard to be original.

Ariel-Starfish
03-08-2014, 02:15 PM
First of all: Congrats Raina on getting new tails for you and your mermaids. And about the monofin thing: I got my rapid fin in today and I must say; what a HUGE diffirence compared to the competitor in my tail!

Ariel-Starfish
03-08-2014, 02:20 PM
Second; Nice to know why Raven isen't posting any performing videos anymore. I watched them a thousand times when I was waiting to put my order in. <3 And Ravens performances are the only one I've seen that makes me really BELIEVE in mermaids. It would be so friggin' awsome if they could come to Europe once!! I would do anything to see her perform live!

Mermaid Kalliope
03-08-2014, 03:06 PM
I don't like talking to people all the time as a mermaid because I get all shy and flustered, then swim off and get all playful like "Jump in with me!" So, I just rely on my dolphin noises and any related sounds. Or sea lion once in a while. I certainly hope no one thinks I'm copying her. I'm just not always good at coming up with what to say when I'm "in character," so I babble on in clicks and whistles. I know only one other mer who can do this and we "talk" to each other in it sometimes. :-P

I want to start working at faires, and I like the idea of having someone talk for you because it gives you more time underwater and to interact with people as a "creature" or whatever. Though, I don't want to be tagged as a copy cat, which always makes me second guess some of my ideas. I have no idea if someone has done it before.

Aziara
03-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Ok, I don't want to be the one to say this.... But how many things can a mermaid do in a tank? Swim in circles, blow bubble kisses and bubble rings, maybe some flips? There is a very limited number of things that can be done in such a small space, and there will definitely be some overlap between performers. As for noises, if you are copying sea creatures, I don't see how it can be said that is copying Raven. I've always thought that mermaids would likely be fluent in 'dolphin-speak' and 'whale-speak' (those creatures are intelligent enough that it is possible they have a language). Perhaps I am clueless about this, and I certainly don't mean any disrespect for Raven, but I just don't see how doing similar flips in a tank or squeaking like a dolphin is copying Raven. *Ducks and hides, fearing she started a flame war*

AniaR
03-08-2014, 06:41 PM
it was more so that the group were copying Raven's act pretty much moment by moment. And then defended their actions. You can make the statement "how much can you really do that's different" for anything. Aerialists all use the same basic technique, synchro swimmers, dancers etc. But yet, acts still find ways to build off of the common and be unique. This was a blatant ripoff of her act. Not so much a few general animal squeaks.

Winged Mermaid
03-08-2014, 07:37 PM
But there's also there's a lot of "mermish" that isn't whale or dolphin sounds. The squeeks or "eek"s yeah, but the cooing and all the other sounds where they roll their tongues isn't. Also even the clicking is different from dolphins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8b_I5IjNE4 If you want to do sealife noises there's no problem with that, just listen to actual recordings of sealife and try and imitate that instead of listening to other acts and going off of them :)

Mermaid Kalliope
03-08-2014, 08:33 PM
That's what I do! :-) I might make a coo or a horseback kind of "click" to save my voice.

A moment for moment rip off? Tsk tsk.

But yeah, like in dance it's all the same moves usually, but put in millions of different sequences. Same with aerial performances, you just have to find *your* way of doing it!

Aziara
03-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Ok, yeah, I totally get it now. I just thought maybe someone was doing something similar to a Raven performance, I didn't realize someone literally used her performance as a script! That's just awful.

Thalassa
03-08-2014, 10:12 PM
Now I'm curious as to the different ways people make sea sounds. *goes searching to see if there's already a thread on it*

Morticia Mermaid
03-09-2014, 01:28 AM
I'm glad I saw this >.< I LOVE raven's performing, and watch them all the time. But, for some reason I never watched them with sound (Not sure why). I Didn't even know she was making noise, listening to it, it sounds a lot similar to the noises a couple was making at me during one of my performances last summer :/ They told me it was skrit and I had planned on using similar to them during my performing. Knowing this, I'm not going to be doing that. Now to squeeze out an idea for performing before summer starts :headwall:

AniaR
03-09-2014, 11:25 AM

So Raven just got home from her gig and I asked her about this (because before she left I asked her to take video/photos of the gig). She's never said this. She's not sure who got that idea :p The only reason she doesn't have more videos is that it's usually only her and Tyler at a gig, and sometimes 1 or 2 other mermaids, and they are busy the entire time. They cant film themselves while they're doing stuff. I suggested setting up a camera on a tripod but for a lot of gigs with the logistics of the people around that doesn't work. A lot of times they only get footage either from the media or a family member or someone like me comes and takes it :p So yeah, it's not that she's not posting them because she's afraid people will copy- she's just too damn busy :p

AniaR
03-09-2014, 02:25 PM
EEE Just paid for my new tail! Raven said if she is able to stay on track (barring any unintended delays) I should get my tail late July Early august. Which for us is the last bit of summer. So I should still have it if I'm lucky for a bit of summer. I also just want to make sure people know that I am on the bottom of the list, I haven't been bumped ahead of anyone, and I don't want anyone to think I'm getting special treatment. I know many of you are also waiting.

Raven has a design idea and she ran it by me and I'm like ahhh that's amazing. She's doing some sketches up for me to approve, but I wont be posting anything. I think it'll be cool to leave it as a surprise ;)

I am also thinking it would be cool for me to do a video comparing the two tails so people can see just how far she's come since the first one!

I am just so excited. This is going to take a lot of weight off my shoulders. Like I said earlier there's been a lot of anxiety about making my tail last and fears around not having a back up. I really wish I had the funds to have more tails just so all my girls can be in them and come this summer that may actually be a reality so who knows we'll have to see :)

There are huge things happening with my company, a few I havent said yet on mernet because they're in the final pending stages and I'm afraid to jinx things... but if all goes as planned this will be our year! <3

MermaidAmestris
03-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Omg Raina, I'm so excited for you! And that video is a great idea, MUST MAKE!

Starfrit
03-10-2014, 12:40 AM
I've been really wondering about the "Mermish" noises, too; I've been trying to figure out what my character Starfrit would be like in terms of vocals and things like that. I'm really not good at talking to people, and I stumble over my words a lot when talking to people in-person (plus I have a pretty minor speech impediment that I'm super self-conscious about), so I've been practicing these various little noises to use instead; warbles, clicks and coos, trills and whistles, and I've got this sort of feline-ish throat purr that I do out of habit sometimes that could be either a purr or a growl, depending on how I do it. I got a lot of inspiration from Raven and her mermaids, but I'm also trying to sort of twist it around into my own variation of it, instead of trying to mimic the Merbellas entirely. Now I'm really nervous about people thinking I'm ripping off of them. D:

On that note, yay Raina! I'm so excited for you, I can't wait to see those new tails and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for your company! <3

PearlieMae
03-10-2014, 01:03 AM
Ok, I don't want to be the one to say this.... But how many things can a mermaid do in a tank? Swim in circles, blow bubble kisses and bubble rings, maybe some flips? There is a very limited number of things that can be done in such a small space, and there will definitely be some overlap between performers. As for noises, if you are copying sea creatures, I don't see how it can be said that is copying Raven. I've always thought that mermaids would likely be fluent in 'dolphin-speak' and 'whale-speak' (those creatures are intelligent enough that it is possible they have a language). Perhaps I am clueless about this, and I certainly don't mean any disrespect for Raven, but I just don't see how doing similar flips in a tank or squeaking like a dolphin is copying Raven. *Ducks and hides, fearing she started a flame war*

:clap:

Mermaid Isabel(:
03-10-2014, 01:05 AM
I've been really wondering about the "Mermish" noises, too; I've been trying to figure out what my character Starfrit would be like in terms of vocals and things like that. I'm really not good at talking to people, and I stumble over my words a lot when talking to people in-person (plus I have a pretty minor speech impediment that I'm super self-conscious about), so I've been practicing these various little noises to use instead; warbles, clicks and coos, trills and whistles, and I've got this sort of feline-ish throat purr that I do out of habit sometimes that could be either a purr or a growl, depending on how I do it. I got a lot of inspiration from Raven and her mermaids, but I'm also trying to sort of twist it around into my own variation of it, instead of trying to mimic the Merbellas entirely. Now I'm really nervous about people thinking I'm ripping off of them. D:

On that note, yay Raina! I'm so excited for you, I can't wait to see those new tails and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for your company! <3

I wouldn't be too worried there's only so much you can do with noises and such. Do what you feel comfortable with. I feel like the mer community shares ideas and are supportive of each other and I'd hate to see it turn into everyone pointing fingers yelling copy cat. When Raina brought that up she was talking about someone copying minute by minute performance material. I don't think we should all feel self conscious and afraid of what we can and can't do. This community normally shares ideas and inspiration with each other. Don't be too worried :) lots of other people make noises as well. You could also turn your head to the side and pretend you don't know how to say something and use hand signals as well. Kinda like charades :P

PearlieMae
03-10-2014, 01:10 AM
But there's also there's a lot of "mermish" that isn't whale or dolphin sounds. The squeeks or "eek"s yeah, but the cooing and all the other sounds where they roll their tongues isn't. Also even the clicking is different from dolphins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8b_I5IjNE4 If you want to do sealife noises there's no problem with that, just listen to actual recordings of sealife and try and imitate that instead of listening to other acts and going off of them :)

It's kind of hard not to make cute sounds and not have some overlap. Coos, purrs, and trills could be very handy for a mersona. I'm not saying copy Raven note for note, but, like say Klingon, if it were to become widespread among performing mermaids, it could become an "industry standard".

I'm sure if it were easier, we would all be making Daryl Hannah's sounds from Splash.

Ilyena
03-10-2014, 01:45 AM
I'd just like to add my 2 cents worth. Besides all the other wonderful comments, I'd like to add it's nice how clean her tank water is. From the video on the other page where the other mermaids water was murky, I thinks it's much better for visual effects rather than all the detail only to be seen near the front of the tank.

Echidna
03-10-2014, 02:09 AM
It's kind of hard not to make cute sounds and not have some overlap.

what Aziara and the others pointed out.
A tank is a very limited space. And the "dolphiny" sounds a human can produce are also very limited.

If you've ever composed music, you'll find that somewhere out there, there are other songs and music you didn't even know about, that have similar tunes.
Same goes for dance moves possible in/under water.

Now, if someone copied one of my choreos movement for movement, I wouldn't be happy.
But I know that others are bound to use some of my movements, whether they know of me or not, because the things one can do have a limit.

That said, I'm glad I now know there are kind of "dibs" on making nonhuman noises as a mer,
so I can work on unique sounds that are genuinely different.

AniaR
03-10-2014, 11:08 AM
well like It was said on the two pages before, it was more someone copying move for move what they do.

Anyway, perhaps we should make a diff thread for their performing cuz it's intended to be seperate than tail making. This is the merbellas thread and that's the live mermaid show ;)

Aziara
03-10-2014, 12:56 PM
I'm sure if it were easier, we would all be making Daryl Hannah's sounds from Splash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z848FFClBM

Mermaid Dottie
03-11-2014, 01:35 AM
I just read your post, Raina, about leaving your tail design a surprise. Lol, I literally said "Raina's so mean!" in a mockingly shocked voice, and my husband turned to me and went "who is?"
I think if I hadn't chuckled, he might have thought I was upset.
I think keeping us all hanging is a good idea, but you know you're gonna drive us all nuts, right?

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

AniaR
03-11-2014, 02:21 PM
I'm gonna drive me nuts. Lol.

Mermaid Kalliope
03-11-2014, 05:09 PM
WE MUST KNOW. Bwahaha

MermaidAmestris
03-11-2014, 06:36 PM
Are there any videos of the koi tail yet? I really want to see it in action

AniaR
03-11-2014, 08:15 PM
I dont know if the client received it yet

shimmygoddess
03-11-2014, 09:12 PM
Heard from Raven today (Day 208). Should see paint pics soon :) So excited

Mermaid Evolet
03-12-2014, 03:16 PM
are you going to show us? i really would like to see your design ;)

Mermaid Dottie
03-12-2014, 03:44 PM
I'm gonna drive me nuts. Lol.

WE MUST KNOW. Bwahaha
LOL!
I don't know if you're gonna make it, Raina. You'll probably be throwing out teasers every time she sends you pics. :D Not that it would be a bad thing.

Mermaid Tasia
03-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Mernoises - I have made all sorts of noises since I was a kid trying to imitate other sounds. Imagine my surprise when I meet other people who can "purr", "coo" like a dove, and send out a series of dolphin-esque clicks. I have rarely met people who do them, and then with each mer video I am fearing them more and more. Instead of counting as a "rip off" I think we should consider it more of a "norm" showing that there is a related language. Variances in patterns, tones, and length adds to that.

That being responded to, I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE YOUR TAIL RAINA! I know you based yours off of Splash, but I haven't found a movie that shows the type of tail I want to go for.

I have been trying to figure out the feasible details of what I want for mine. I like the ideas I see Raven have, but I keep finding new things I want to add to make mine more unique. I am also hoping I will be able to be in her area and that she might be willing to help me get my measurements since I am concerned about a tail fitting my waist and butt at the same time! Then there is that bothersome little detail of my feet vs. the monofin sizes! I am hoping I won't end up impossible to accommodate!

AniaR
03-12-2014, 10:22 PM
Raven has been doing mega updates to their facebook page :) There's a widget on the top now for tail pricing, top pricing, and a FAQ :) Hope it helps everyone out.

Also, Arella you beauty you!
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1554544_676505472405536_1092313234_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1962843_676505445738872_1857524919_n.jpg

and more dragon! eee
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1920359_676536365735780_1213969219_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/1524592_676536352402448_1663356595_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/1796704_676704735718943_698444759_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/1977413_676704752385608_1893435327_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1/1004515_676704739052276_713613925_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1901962_676704862385597_1238529144_n.jpg

AniaR
03-12-2014, 10:29 PM
and PS we seem to still be stuck on the mermish sound thing. I want to say for the 3rd time, that people doing mermish was not the issue. It was and still sadly is, people copying move for move what Raven does. Her entire act. Like people who go and watch in person all her performances and study them and then go in a tank and do move by move exactly what she does, say the same story (that they wrote for background) change their accessory costumes to look like hers, use the same music, like when I say copy, I mean like very very very copy. I think because Raven shoots so high and people see that it works, they use it as their standard instead of trying to reinvent or do something that will break the mold. I dont really like the excuse, how much can you do in a tank. Because 99% of us/you don't do anything in the tank so how would you know? It's like saying "how much can you realllly do with paint" or something. I think for a good example, look at how drastically different what Raven and mermaid melissa do. To me, it just bothers me when people copy her because the same people cozy up to her like a friend and I feel like they use her in the end. I don't blame her for being less vocal in the community. I experience the exact same thing myself and it just makes you want to throw yourself into your work and retreat away from people.

I'm really excited for the tank act I'm developing. Raven's been the only one I've discussed it with yet and after loads of research I'm 100% sure it's never been done before and I'm really excited to hopefully get to do it later this year. Raven is my biggest inspiration, but also my biggest motivation to try and be unique ;)

In other news, I AM BEYOND EXCITED FOR MY TAIL. lol it's going to be a long long long long bunch of months.

MerEmma
03-12-2014, 10:59 PM
I saw all the widgets but I'm disappointed I can't view them without a Facebook account. :P

Arella
03-12-2014, 11:35 PM
I'll definitely be posting more pics to my page once I get some free time : ) with classes and stuff it's hard xD

Starfrit
03-13-2014, 02:28 AM
Arella, those photos of you in that Seadragon tail are absolutely stunning! <3 I still can't get over how beautiful that whole ensemble looks!

Someday I'll get a Merbellas tail, augh. ;w;

Merman Arion
03-13-2014, 02:37 AM
Arella, those photos of you in that Seadragon tail are absolutely stunning! <3 I still can't get over how beautiful that whole ensemble looks!

Someday I'll get a Merbellas tail, augh. ;w;

Mmmh, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure it's MermaidMechanic and not Arella who is wearing the sea dragon tail.
Arella is the one wearing the blue and gold tail in the first two pictures :)

Mer-Crazy
03-13-2014, 02:41 AM
Yeah it's not Arella in the sea dragon tail, the makeup is different. You can see it matched MermaidMechanic's makeup in the first 2 pictures they published of her shoot, it's simply the rest of the collection released as the same time as Arella's.

Also slightly confised about something I saw on the facebook widgets: 6 different molded fluke options with the performance tail? So... Merbella, Merfin, Angler... is she offering Kailani's design too since that was on the koi tail or was it a one off thing? That still leaves me 2 short... unless it's like the 3 ones she designed in competitor and foil? Raina?

Starfrit
03-13-2014, 03:06 AM
Sigh, you guys are right, I totally mixed them both up! This is what I get for trying to be coherent at 4am... Sorry about the mistake! Your tail is beautiful too, Arella. <3

I'm just gonna slink off to bed... XD

Ariel-Starfish
03-13-2014, 08:18 AM
So awsome they have made pricing tabs for their tails and tops <3 Hopefully they won't be attacked by that kind of questions anymore! <3

Arella
03-13-2014, 10:53 AM
I'm in the blue and gold basic and MermaidMechainc is in the sea dragon : )

Aziara
03-13-2014, 12:01 PM
Love the white abalone/gold filigree top, Arella! Is that embroidery?

Arella
03-13-2014, 12:14 PM
Honestly I couldn't tell you how Raven made it; I love it though : )

Mermaidmechanic
03-13-2014, 07:38 PM
Haha thanks guys... and i also agree arella looks great in that tail! I dont blame anyone for mistaking us! The pictures were released at the same time and we have similiar bangs/ skin tone. XD

Rogue Siren
03-13-2014, 08:10 PM
I love her work so so much....

I noticed on her facebook that she has an album "Merbella for a Day". A photoshoot where she provides everything. How does that work? Is that only for people who have purchased a tail, or is that a rent one for a day for photos thing? Because I would really love to model a tail one day.... xD

03-13-2014, 08:30 PM
OMG OMG OMG I GOT A PHOTO UPDATE YAYAYYAYAY HERE IT IS WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?????????19299

AniaR
03-13-2014, 08:34 PM
beautiful love that fluke

AniaR
03-13-2014, 08:35 PM
I love her work so so much....

I noticed on her facebook that she has an album "Merbella for a Day". A photoshoot where she provides everything. How does that work? Is that only for people who have purchased a tail, or is that a rent one for a day for photos thing? Because I would really love to model a tail one day.... xD

she'll lend you a tail for the shoot

Rogue Siren
03-13-2014, 08:39 PM
Do you know how one goes about scheduling a shoot? I tried looking around but couldn't find out how.

03-13-2014, 08:42 PM
THanks Raina, I am soooo happy at the moment hahaha you guys were so right, its sooooooooooooooooo worth the wait haha

MerEmma
03-13-2014, 09:42 PM
Simply out of curiosity, Arella, if this isn't too weird/out of line for me to ask...how did you change tops on the beach for the photoshoot? I've just kind of wondered about that a bit. :P

XMermaidMarinaX
03-13-2014, 09:53 PM
They probably held up a towel or something around her.

AniaR
03-13-2014, 09:53 PM
Just contact her Milieu make sure your subject says it. I think she fits them in in between things.

MermaidAmestris
03-13-2014, 10:38 PM
OMG Namiko, that tail is looking gorgeous! Is that the same fluke that's on the koi tail? Kailani's fluke cut down a bit? I love it!

AniaR
03-13-2014, 11:03 PM
it's not the same kailani's has a cute little divet in the centre. I think what's similar is the long tips at the end

03-13-2014, 11:19 PM
Yeah that's what I thought hahah I Gave Raven two different tail designs with different flukes and I couldn't decide so I said I would leave it up to her and like the artistic genius she is she combined the two designs to create this eeeep! I can't wait to see the rest, she said she would send more but it's raining ATM so she can't get good lighting :) I'm just so in love I can't wait to get this baby in the water, and just like Raina I have named her already hahah I'm calling it vaporeon as my first design was based off of my favourite pokemon <3

Arella
03-14-2014, 12:42 AM
It was really funny actually Raven kinda blocked me with the reflector so the people on the beach who were staring at me couldn't see anything and I just undid the back of my top and stuck my other top under then took off the first top : ) much simpler then it sounds

Mer-Crazy
03-14-2014, 02:10 AM
So there was something I noticed with the new FB widget update on the Merbella's page, and it's left me a little confused if you look on the tails tab and on the performance side it says 6 different molded fluke options with the performance tail? So... Merbella, Merfin, Angler... is she offering Kailani's design too since that was on the koi tail or was it a one off thing? That still leaves me 2 short... unless it's like the 3 ones she designed in competitor and foil? Raina?

Also, with the Merbella shoots... if she uses the same beach often I'd imagine that people would grow almost used to it. The idea just made me laugh of people walking by and going "oh look the Mermaids are out again".

Merley
03-14-2014, 02:50 AM
It looks like a modified angler.

MerEmma
03-14-2014, 08:51 AM
It was really funny actually Raven kinda blocked me with the reflector so the people on the beach who were staring at me couldn't see anything and I just undid the back of my top and stuck my other top under then took off the first top : ) much simpler then it sounds

Haha, that sounds very smart. :P Your photos look great, so it was totally worth it.

AniaR
03-14-2014, 09:23 AM
I have no idea about the other fluke options. Lol I'm wondering about the she creature fluke being one.

MerEmma
03-14-2014, 09:27 AM
I remember her saying that fluke wouldn't be up for purchase due to it being a replica of sorts. Somewhere in the comments after she unveiled it.

Mermaid Isabel(:
03-14-2014, 04:19 PM
Lets see there's the Basic, the Merbella, The Merfin, the Angler, and Kailani's. now there's just one left. Is it possible there's another fluke in one of the tails she's making and will be revealed? Or does Mermaif Namiko's fluke count as one because she said Raven combined both of her fluke ideas into one? That's a possibility. If so, there's all six of your fluke shapes.

BayouMermaid
03-14-2014, 04:25 PM
Perhaps the Ariel fluke is available?

Mermaid Isabel(:
03-14-2014, 04:26 PM
Mermaid not Mermaif lol my bad

Mermaid Isabel(:
03-14-2014, 04:26 PM
Oh yeah! The Ariel line counts. Good thinking!

Mer-Crazy
03-14-2014, 05:30 PM
I don't think the basic design counts, because it's for the performance tails specifically and I don't think? the basic is an option for performance tails? Well I suppose it could be if you wanted? If anyone was wondering what I was talking about by the way, here's a screen shot with the section highlighted.

Merman Arion
03-14-2014, 06:12 PM
FYI guys :)

Winged Mermaid
03-14-2014, 06:24 PM
Love the white abalone/gold filigree top, Arella! Is that embroidery?

She used pre-made beaded yoke collar appliques for that and another abalone top- which is genius! No one has ever done anything like that before! I'll always admire her creativity and originality. She is always leading the way for what is "standard" in the industry for mermaid fashion, and when people copy her designs she keeps moving forward and leaves 'em in the dust every time!

Arella
03-14-2014, 06:26 PM
When I had my shoot Raven said the beach looks different each time because they keep moving the rocks and with the tides and stuff. I have pictures of people taking pictures of the shoot there were a lot of surprised people I'll probably post them on my Facebook sooner or later it was really funny xD

Mer-Crazy
03-14-2014, 06:27 PM
FYI guys :)

AHH! That is crazy exciting! I'm super keen to order a performance tail... and I have the funds but they're supposed to be for my trip to Japan at the end of the year :( Why must life be full of such hard choices?! Congrats to anyone who gets one of the elusive slots!

Mermaid Isabel(:
03-14-2014, 06:35 PM
If you look at the original 4 templates she had to choose from the basic is one so I'd think it would count as one but I'm not sure

PearlieMae
03-14-2014, 07:37 PM
She used pre-made beaded yoke collar appliques for that and another abalone top- which is genius! No one has ever done anything like that before! I'll always admire her creativity and originality. She is always leading the way for what is "standard" in the industry for mermaid fashion, and when people copy her designs she keeps moving forward and leaves 'em in the dust every time!

Never say 'ever before'! :)

I doubt there is any overlap because I'm sure Raven was much too young at the time, but I made one using the exact same technique for my top in the Coney Island Mermaid Parade in 1991. Except I used polished green abalone. I will have to find and scan the photos...no digital cameras!

Don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect for Raven's talent and originality.

AniaR
03-14-2014, 10:06 PM
the splash tail? *shrugs* I derno. anyway....Im sure she'll show them all. I feel like we're just asking the same questions over and over... I dont have the answer. lol

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/p180x540/1964930_423845344385051_1127290348_n.jpg

I really prefer the mermaid project, to project mermaids. Seems very more realistic.

03-15-2014, 03:29 AM
Hey guys a found this really intresting video of one of Ravens Tails https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv2AL_QF_qI not sure if anyone has seen this???

Ariel-Starfish
03-15-2014, 04:34 AM
OMG OMG OMG I GOT A PHOTO UPDATE YAYAYYAYAY HERE IT IS WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?????????19299

This looks alot like my tail colors! <3 The back is darker (wich I like most)

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/LaraCroftFanneke22/Mermaiding/IMG_3832copy_zps81420712.jpg (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/LaraCroftFanneke22/media/Mermaiding/IMG_3832copy_zps81420712.jpg.html)

But I do not blaim u for picking similair colors ;) Seems u have a good taste haha! :D

SeaNymph
03-15-2014, 04:50 AM
Same here, Ariel. Hmm...the Sheroe's mermaid's tail AND bra look very close to my set...

Ariel-Starfish
03-15-2014, 05:08 AM
I was thinking the same!

03-15-2014, 05:26 AM
This looks alot like my tail colors! <3 The back is darker (wich I like most)

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/LaraCroftFanneke22/Mermaiding/IMG_3832copy_zps81420712.jpg (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/LaraCroftFanneke22/media/Mermaiding/IMG_3832copy_zps81420712.jpg.html)

But I do not blaim u for picking similair colors ;) Seems u have a good taste haha! :D

I really didn't mean to Ariel Starfish lol the lines on the fluke were actually only on my purple tail design haha not the blue one so since Raven combined them she added the lines hahah but I see what your saying :) I hope it doesn't bother you as I really love the blue shades it just seems almost natural to what I would imagin a real ocean swimming mermaids tail would look like! (Not to offense every other mermaid with a different colored tail )

thats just what what I imagen <3

Ariel-Starfish
03-15-2014, 05:33 AM
I really didn't mean to Ariel Starfish lol the lines on the fluke were actually only on my purple tail design haha not the blue one so since Raven combined them she added the lines hahah but I see what your saying :) I hope it doesn't bother you as I really love the blue shades it just seems almost natural to what I would imagin a real ocean swimming mermaids tail would look like! (Not to offense every other mermaid with a different colored tail )

thats just what what I imagen <3

I understand ;) and to quote you : "I really love the blue shades it just seems almost natural to what I would imagin a real ocean swimming mermaids tail would look like! " That's EXACLY my thought ^^haha
Did you get a basic aswel?

03-15-2014, 06:12 AM
Hahah I'm glad I wasn't the only one hahah and yes I did, I couldn't justify 3grand as I'm saving for a house deposit with my partner :) so once I gather a Bit of a following I will order a full silicone tail <3

Mer-Crazy
03-15-2014, 07:25 PM
Sooo... just out of curiosity has anyone from here taken the Merbella tail slots she was offering yesterday? Interested to see who we may be swimming around in a Merbeall tail in the not too distant future :)

drucilla
03-15-2014, 10:29 PM
Not me still havent gotten my 10k back maybe next yr with income check

Green Tea Mermaid
03-17-2014, 03:56 AM
I am hoping to take one of the slots, but I have to wait and to see if my check is coming before I can make a commitment to buy. I hope the slots are not all taken yet. I have my ready to pay email all set. FX

Winged Mermaid
03-17-2014, 04:15 AM
From what I've seen, slots are usually taken within minutes of them being posted as available. They get snatched up like Comic Con tickets :P

Green Tea Mermaid
03-17-2014, 04:57 AM
That's what I am afraid of. =( I haven't heard yet whether the spots were all taken yet. I haven't seen anything that indicates one way or the other. She is currently working on two tops for me right now. I was hoping to get a tail order in so she could match the tail with them, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Mer-Crazy
03-17-2014, 05:30 AM
Pretty sure they're all gone (at least performance tails). My friend who's trying to get into mermaids sent an email about performance ones a day after the post was made (because she spent that long umming and eering about it) and she said she hasn't received a response yet so she's pretty sure she didn't get one.

Green Tea Mermaid
03-17-2014, 05:56 AM
Yeah I figured they would be gone within a matter of hours. Still a bummer though.

AniaR
03-17-2014, 10:38 AM
I thiiink I am one of those slots. And anyone who does get in now wont be getting tails til July/Augustish

Ariel-Starfish
03-17-2014, 11:50 AM
Totally off-topic , but I had such a cool dream last night! :D I dreamt of being in Florida, and I got to help out raven and even whent in the tank as a mermaid performer!! aaargh dreams! <3

Anahita
03-17-2014, 06:58 PM
Hahaha, has anyone read the blip at the bottom of her top pricing link?

Tired of accidentally flashing sailors who then crash on the rocks and die trying to get to you? Then Merbella Studio creations are perfect for you!

It just gave me the giggles reading that line.

deepblue
03-17-2014, 07:08 PM
lol yes.... yes, they were distracted! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

03-17-2014, 07:50 PM
Omg I got another up date from Raven hehehe I can't wait to show you guys the rest of my tail YAY!

Mer-Crazy
03-17-2014, 10:12 PM
So this was posted on the Merbella's instagram about June-ish last year. Do we know who ended up getting this? I'm just curious cause I love pink tails <3

Ashton
03-17-2014, 10:22 PM
I'm sad they weren't emailed :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AniaR
03-17-2014, 10:26 PM
So this came up on FB so I'm gonna share it here just so people know, I don't get special treatment for being Raven's friend. I paid full price for my tail, I wait just like all of you, and I actually paid to have my tail taken in and fixed etc. Someone suggested I get special treatment... when in reality Raven has actually done huge insane repairs and adjustments on tails that technically arent covered under warranty and are actually the fault of the mermaid IMO as an "under warranty". I personally feel people have been taking advantage of it considering she is one of the only tail makers who even does that stuff. So yeah. I paid full price for my new tail, I paid for having my splash tail taken in and repainted, and I went right to the end of the list no bumping when I ordered my new tail ;) and in future (Im sorta saying this in general as to not point people out) you can ask me that stuff instead of speculating on fb FYI ;)

Ashton
03-17-2014, 10:30 PM
I just looked on fb and didn't see anything about slots open. Am I just blind? And why is it up to fb to get spots and not based on when the email inquiry was sent? (Or am I miss understanding something- which is totally possible)

Mer-Crazy
03-17-2014, 10:37 PM
As far as I know she does run a 'first come first served' kind of thing. It's a bit of a double edged sword with the "order based off when you emailed" kind of thing, I'd guess. I really can't say for certain as I'm not a tail maker but I'd guess that it's primarily because, if she had a line, it would be crazy long. I imagine people would be waiting a year at least, which some have been because they haven't been able to get slots anyway, which is unfair if they've been waiting and waiting and they miss out just because someone beat them to the email. But at the same time if she had a waiting list then there is a big possibility that people may lose interest, go somewhere else, not actually have the funds available when their time comes, change email, not checking emails, the list would go on. Not to mention the THOUSANDS of emails she gets flooded with, I can't imagine trying to reply to all the serious tail inquiries even with just a 'you are now in que to order your tail we will get back to you when a slot becomes open to you' and then to keep track of all those emails and lists. It would do my head in personally. On that note I can't imagine it would be too hard to go 'oh well they haven't responded, I'll move on to the next in line' and take their payment and start their tail.

However it is Raven's business and I think she's successful enough for me to go 'hey she's clearly doing something right' and not question her.

Raina is probably a better person to answer this because she knows what goes on behind the scenes where as I'm just kind of guessing and throwing things out there.

Ashton
03-17-2014, 10:42 PM
Dang, that's a bummer. I still have funds and thought she would eventually respond to my email.

AniaR
03-17-2014, 10:49 PM
there's literally no way to organize a queue because there are literally 100s and 100s of people who want one. It just always come down to people who are ready to PAY right then. Raven only takes orders when she can and she tries very hard to space them out so people don't get stuck waiting too long so it's a timing thing. MVD is the same way. I know she feels really bad about not being able to take everyone all the time, but she's just one person and can only do what she can do.

The slots were filled, I was chatting with Raven, hence the post being removed.

We caught up a bit. She's been working extra hard to send out update emails etc she's finishing up latest tail orders and working on several tails that people have sent for updates/adjustments all in between mermaid show bookings. We had a good chat about how she's structured things now and she's really found moving to their new house making a huge difference thanks to the space. They feel really good that the extra long waits and gaps are over :)

Winged Mermaid
03-17-2014, 10:58 PM
Raven doesn't make waiting lists out of emails that are sent when there aren't spots open. Raina posted earlier in this thread that they tried to do that and it was literally hundreds of people long. Even if she takes on 20 tails per 1/4 of the year or per batch, that's 80 a year, so that's a waiting list literally years long.. So this is what they do instead. It sucks, but if they could make a better system I'm sure they could. But Mike did the waiting list thing, and he got so overbooked with his miles long list that he pretty much stopped making tails- besides for Melissa and maybe a couple others in a year. He even said that he would only take orders from select clients and only more well known people (which really pissed a lot of people off). So better having to time your email right rather than that whole thing caving in on Raven and having her stop nearly all together. It's something that's considered a "con" about ordering from Raven.

Really sorry though Ashton. That must be a huge let down :(

Ashton
03-17-2014, 11:46 PM
:( oh well, there isn't anything I can do about it sadly.

AniaR
03-18-2014, 08:46 AM
Ashton I missed your posts I'm so sorry! I know she's planning on ebaying more tails in the future that might be the best way. :(

AniaR
03-19-2014, 10:17 AM
Ashton can you email raven? I'm trying to pm you and it won't let me. Just send her an email and say you're ashton from the forum Raina mentioned.

shimmygoddess
03-19-2014, 10:46 AM
Raven doesn't make waiting lists out of emails that are sent when there aren't spots open. Raina posted earlier in this thread that they tried to do that and it was literally hundreds of people long. Even if she takes on 20 tails per 1/4 of the year or per batch, that's 80 a year, so that's a waiting list literally years long.. So this is what they do instead. It sucks, but if they could make a better system I'm sure they could. But Mike did the waiting list thing, and he got so overbooked with his miles long list that he pretty much stopped making tails- besides for Melissa and maybe a couple others in a year. He even said that he would only take orders from select clients and only more well known people (which really pissed a lot of people off). So better having to time your email right rather than that whole thing caving in on Raven and having her stop nearly all together. It's something that's considered a "con" about ordering from Raven.

Really sorry though Ashton. That must be a huge let down :(

I seriously hope Raven doesn't stop all together. I did hear that from someone and it freaked me out :eek:

Mizuko
03-19-2014, 06:43 PM
I seriously hope Raven doesn't stop all together. I did hear that from someone and it freaked me out :eek:

Me too!
I'm praying I can afford another of her tails once my tax return comes in, I would love to finally get a performance tail from her- my neoprene one is perfect but I'd kill for a full silicone one! haha!

03-20-2014, 01:16 AM
Guys I'm so freaking excited :) Raven sent me another email with photos of what she had done to my tail and what she has left to do! *flails around* I can't share the pictures yet because she didnt water mark them but omg it's so beautiful it looks like a great white shark but more mermaidy! I can't wait to get the baby!

MermaidStormy
03-20-2014, 04:02 AM
Nawwwwww so excited for you dear <3

Ariel-Starfish
03-20-2014, 04:30 AM
Hey please check out the classifields I'm selling my scale cracers!

annika
03-20-2014, 10:23 AM
If she stops making tails I will die! I don't have a job so I have been selling everything in my house on eBay for a couple of dollars. My dream is to own a performance tail and so far I think I will order I'm the next year or so. Ever since I saw mermaid Iona's unboxing video I knew I needed to have a merbellas tail I have about 1000$ so far and I have been saving for about 6 months. I know I don't post on this thread that often but I wanted to say thank you to my inspirations: mermaid Iona for your unboxing video and rania the Halifax mermaid for your awesome book that I bought! And to all the other mers out there! ❤️

AniaR
03-20-2014, 11:57 AM
I skyped with raven recently and she showed me her workload and omg lol. I had a panic attack. It is really hard to appreciate just how much she does. Shes also working on a bunch that people have sent back for adjustments etc like Thalassa. Just. Wow.

Mer-Crazy
03-20-2014, 02:25 PM
She is an amazing crazy woman. I have the funds for a performance tail and I'm so excited to get one when the slots open up again. (I'm pretty much always too big for the eBay tails) which is sad but at the same time it's inspiring me to lose some weight so that's good too. I'd still love my 'dream' tail but Raven is honestly so amazing that everything she produces is just magical anyway. It would be a great loss if she were to ever stop making tails. I'm glad she knows her limit and is sticking to it.

Merman Arion
03-20-2014, 02:27 PM
we should probably change the subject. You guys are sooo depressing lol

We had enough mermaid tears in this forum, we shouldn't push it. Just saying :p

Ariel-Starfish
03-20-2014, 02:34 PM
Slightly saving up for a performnce tail for within a few years but yeah Arion, your'e right! ^^ => Happy thoughts!! :D

Arella
03-20-2014, 03:01 PM
I feel like there should be a tail maker appreciation day lol

Mer-Crazy
03-20-2014, 07:51 PM
I feel like Raven should have a fanpage. I know she's super busy with all the Merbella's stuff and doesn't get to go on FB very much but still... I feel like yeah, Merbella's is awesome but we need a page purely for Raven appreciation.

Thalassa
03-21-2014, 12:01 AM
Yeah, apparently my tail needed a LOT more done to it than we thought. :-S I'm glad we caught it before I kept stretching it, though. Raven is so wonderful!

AniaR
03-21-2014, 08:45 AM
I know she was eager to get her hands on it!! I picked it right out of the pile lol

Ashton
03-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Ania, I PMed you.

Ariel-Starfish
03-21-2014, 04:20 PM
Totally out of the blue, and the page still needs some work etc. But I made a Fundraiser page for my full silicone tail by Merbella Studios.

Please go and have a look <3 :$

http://www.gofundme.com/7pit3s

leeloo
03-22-2014, 12:09 AM
The slots were filled, I was chatting with Raven, hence the post being removed.

I am still seeing the post, unless you are talking about a different one? I sent an e-mail on the 14th with the title READY TO ORDER, but never got a reply. I'm really bummed that I might have missed my chance to order a tail, I am sick of my crappy Mertailor tail and have been wanting to get into the mermaiding business. Raven is the only tailmaker I feel I can trust, but I'm not sure I can wait forever for a new tail :(. Also if the Facebook posts are the way they choose clients it seems a bit unfair since Facebook doesn't even show you all the posts from pages you have liked anymore. Not sure what a better system would be though. Ugh, what to do....

Mer-Crazy
03-22-2014, 12:25 AM
I am still seeing the post, unless you are talking about a different one? I sent an e-mail on the 14th with the title READY TO ORDER, but never got a reply. I'm really bummed that I might have missed my chance to order a tail, I am sick of my crappy Mertailor tail and have been wanting to get into the mermaiding business. Raven is the only tailmaker I feel I can trust, but I'm not sure I can wait forever for a new tail :(. Also if the Facebook posts are the way they choose clients it seems a bit unfair since Facebook doesn't even show you all the posts from pages you have liked anymore. Not sure what a better system would be though. Ugh, what to do....
It's not so much that Facebook posts are 'the way they chose clients', this is actually the first time I've seen it posted on FB that she had slots available (and I get notifications every time Merbella posts something). Usually it's just luck I'm assuming. Someone happens to message her at a time when she has a slot open and she happens to look at your email. Once again I say Raina will be able to tell you better, I'm just kind of going off what I've seen or read. I know many people, myself included, have been trying to order tails for months from Raven. Personally I have my partial, so I'm happy to wait as long as it takes.

AniaR
03-22-2014, 12:53 AM
Really folks I know it is frustrating but it just is what it is. There's no trick. She takes em when she can. There's just no time for anything else she has the highest demand. Keep an eye out for eBay tails in the coming months.

leeloo
03-22-2014, 01:03 AM
It's not so much that Facebook posts are 'the way they chose clients', this is actually the first time I've seen it posted on FB that she had slots available (and I get notifications every time Merbella posts something).

Ah, I see, guess I misunderstood. It would be cool if Raven took in some apprentices to learn how to make tails and expanded their business. I've noticed the tail prices have gone up too, used to be $1000 for the basic tails, now it's $1500. I'm hoping it doesn't go up again by the time I'm able to/if I can get slot, I'm already pushing it affordability wise. I'm sure she could get away with raising prices though because there is such a high demand and lets face it, she makes amazing tails. I'll start researching other tail makers though because I really need a new tail. Thanks for your responses though, and Raina you're such a sweetheart for helping Raven with updates :)

Anahita
03-22-2014, 01:14 AM
Ah, I see, guess I misunderstood. It would be cool if Raven took in some apprentices to learn how to make tails and expanded their business. I've noticed the tail prices have gone up too, used to be $1000 for the basic tails, now it's $1500. I'm hoping it doesn't go up again by the time I'm able to/if I can get slot, I'm already pushing it affordability wise. I'm sure she could get away with raising prices though because there is such a high demand and lets face it, she makes amazing tails. I'll start researching other tail makers though because I really need a new tail. Thanks for your responses though, and Raina you're such a sweetheart for helping Raven with updates :)

I think she tried to hire someone to help once - it didn't work out.

As for prices, she's actually dropped the price of the performance tail and raised the price of the basic. The reason is that performance tails are easier to make when compared to basic tails. Basic tails are incredibly difficult to seam, bond, etc. and even though they're "basic" people still hold them to the same standards as the performance tails - like for instance, expecting perfect seams....

So they're a lot of work, and her prices are reflecting this now that she's in demand.

leeloo
03-22-2014, 01:23 AM
I didn't even notice the performance tail prices went down, I haven't been looking at them because I know there is no way I could afford one! And the basic tails look so amazing anyway I wouldn't feel like I am missing out too much with "just" a basic tail.

drucilla
03-22-2014, 07:57 PM
I know a lot of people have tried to make extended tails before and could'nt quite get it right, but I feel that Raven is so talented that she could get it. Her current tails are so perfect as it is, so I doubt she'll try an extended anytime soon. But just thinking about it makes me smile. lol

Arella
03-25-2014, 01:28 PM
I think part of why the prices on the basics went up it because (I'm pretty sure but not positive) she makes them with competitors now and those are more expensive. Plus they take a lot more work to make.

Ariel-Starfish
03-25-2014, 03:43 PM
Would there be any spot open for a half tail repaint? Yes, half - no joke :p

Ariel-Starfish
03-26-2014, 07:09 AM
I have send out an email - but no luck yet :(

PearlieMae
03-26-2014, 09:38 AM

Maybe look into some newer tailmakers? Jessica is doing some fabulous work, as are a few others. Raven seems to be operating at maximum capacity for the foreseeable future. I realize this is the Merbella thread, but there are other options, in my opinion.

deepblue
03-26-2014, 02:36 PM
Agrred with Pearlie, FinFolk for instance are doing great work.

MermaidMichelle
03-26-2014, 06:18 PM
AHH! That is crazy exciting! I'm super keen to order a performance tail... and I have the funds but they're supposed to be for my trip to Japan at the end of the year :( Why must life be full of such hard choices?! Congrats to anyone who gets one of the elusive slots!

"Life's full of TOUGH CHOICES, I'NNIT?" :cthulhu: (Sorry; couldn't resist quoting Ursula....)

I shall always say: the more I read about Raven Sutter and Merbella Studios, the more miraculous it seems that I was able to successfully order (and pay for!) a Performance Tail on my first try! I hope you all are able to get slots when you most desire/need them; you shall all be in my prayer (though the prayers will also be for even more important things, too....) :mermaid kiss:

Marlin
03-26-2014, 09:18 PM
Agrred with Pearlie, FinFolk for instance are doing great work.

I can second this. I would have loved to have a tail from Merbellas (and had saved and waited for one) but the wait time was too long, and even then- there was no guarantee that I would even make it on the production list for the next group. It's just what happens when supply falls well short of demand.

Finfolk have a bit of a wait time, but were easy to get my order in- and did a great job on my tail (It gets here tomorrow! :D)

I would also like to point out- Still a huge fan of Raven's work, and I am in now way telling you to abandon all hope of ever getting a tail. But if you were like me- and impatient; Finfolk is a great alternative.

leeloo
03-28-2014, 04:00 AM
I've been looking at Finfolk. It is much more than I wanted to spend, but they at least have a payment plan option.

03-29-2014, 02:06 AM
Anyone heard from Raven, since I've seen my pictures I'm getting more and more excited about her shipping it soon :) I think she was off preforming but I'm not sure is she's back yet and I don't want to email her as she has already done so much for me <3 just if anyone has heard anything that would be great <3

AniaR
03-29-2014, 07:47 AM
I chatted with her yesterday she hasn't come up for air this whole week. Lol she's just working her arse off I checked to make sure she's alive.

A lot of times when you get your photo it Is one side of your tail. She confirms you like before painting the other. Not sure if that's the case for you but it typically Is.

03-29-2014, 09:00 AM
Oh okay excellent thanks Raina, yeah like I said I was pretty sure she has been working really hard and I didn't want to bother her with an email going " are you alive and have you come back from performing" lol I really hope she takes holiday soon honestly she deserves it haha Tyler should are her to Hawaii or something so she can spend a week swimming in coastal reefs in a mermaid tail rather then working waist high in them hahah

shimmygoddess
03-29-2014, 10:45 AM
She sent me a message on the 19th, and said I should see pics on Monday. Nothing yet though. Very excited and I hope to hear from her soon. day 226 :)

Merman Arion
03-29-2014, 11:00 AM
She sent me a message on the 19th, and said I should see pics on Monday. Nothing yet though. Very excited and I hope to hear from her soon. day 226 :)

Do not worry, she's just probably busy. I got an update about my tail from the Finfolk ladies a week later than what was originally planned.

So all we have to do is just waiting ;)

AniaR
03-29-2014, 12:56 PM
We really gotta put the finfolk posts in the finfolk thread. I think the odd reference in other tail maker threads are fine for instance when comparing but there have been a lot of finfolk posts here in the past little while. This is my thread for Raven ;). ( and I love the finfolk gals I met em, I'd say this if it was someone else too)

AniaR
03-29-2014, 12:57 PM
Yeah that was pretty much my message to her. Did you die in the mermaid cave??? Lol

Merman Arion
03-29-2014, 12:58 PM
We really gotta put the finfolk posts in the finfolk thread. I think the odd reference in other tail maker threads are fine for instance when comparing but there have been a lot of finfolk posts here in the past little while. This is my thread for Raven ;). ( and I love the finfolk gals I met em, I'd say this if it was someone else too)

My bad, Raina. I just wanted to show some support. I edited my previous answer. Is it better now? :)

MermaidMichelle
03-29-2014, 01:05 PM
I chatted with her yesterday she hasn't come up for air this whole week.

Careful; in this business such a statement is usually taken literally. :lol::mermaid kiss: I last heard from Raven on the 16th when she told me that she was "still pouring and casting all the pieces and haven't started construction yet" in reference to my tail/top (and probably those of quite a few others!). I have paid for my mermaid tail yet am still awaiting an invoice for the matching custom scale top/corset, yet knowing how very busy she is I am willing to wait as long as necessary!

Assuming the price of the top is less than 1,000 USD, I should be able to pay the instant the invoice arrives (I can even go higher if need be; I have been very careful about saving up). Raven is just so amazing at everything she does, I am happy to wait to make her life easier despite my mounting excitement!

For those of you wondering about the wait times, her projected times now between Order Placement and Completion are between 200 and 300 days. It's only Day 34 for me, so I'm glad patience is a virtue!

Thank you for keeping us so informed, and being so concerned for your friend, Raina! :mermaid kiss:

AniaR
03-29-2014, 05:34 PM
yes I'm glad she updated her wait times. I think the old ones were just too hard with all the variables for her to manage with how perfect she likes things to be.

Starfrit
03-31-2014, 10:28 PM
Quick question, but I saw somewhere on the Merbellas Facebook page that her Angler fluke design is only available on her performance tails. Is this true, or are they available on the basic tail as well?

Mer-Crazy
03-31-2014, 10:32 PM
Basic tails only have one fluke option the 'basic one (https://www.facebook.com/MerBellaStudios/photos/a.485946334794785.109119.178589958863759/485946638128088/?type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash2%2Ft1.0-9%2F222793_485946638128088_1164075939_n.jpg&size=741%2C960&fbid=485946638128088)' all other flukes are only available with the performance.

Mermaid Wesley
03-31-2014, 10:32 PM
i believe the basic tail only uses the basic fluke and if you want the other ones you need to upgrade to the performance.

MerEmma
03-31-2014, 10:46 PM
No, that's been changed. Outdated. She can alter the shape of the basic fluke, but not the detail. If you see on her page you can see the less-detailed flukes (not so thick ridges?) and different shapes. So she could probably do the outline of the angler, but not the depth.

Mermaid Wesley
03-31-2014, 11:00 PM
ooh ok

Starfrit
03-31-2014, 11:26 PM
Ahh, okay! :D Thanks!

Ariel-Starfish
04-02-2014, 03:46 AM
Yes, MerEmma is right! Raven 'shaped' my fluke to the performance fluke, and it even has ridges in it, so there are a few possibilities! :D

Ariel-Starfish
04-02-2014, 11:03 AM
Ok scince this tread is a little dead (lol) I would like to post something here:

I really hope Raven trows some of the Merbella shirts on Etsy soon! (the ones she gives on photoshoots).

as a European Merbella fan I really would like one <3 I would wear it with proud :D

Ariel-Starfish
04-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Btw this is the one I'm talking about.

Phoenix Mermaid
04-02-2014, 05:42 PM
:jawdrop: YAY OMG GUYS!
My tail will be on its way back from Raven today/tomorrow!
I'll finally be able to do my review on Merbella Studios also.

And I know everyone's been wondering what she's doing to my tail.
Tail Morph/Tail Evolution/Tail Upgrade! Whatever you want to call it! She did it!

So I had some size issues with my basic tail because I'm curvy and it's made with neoprene. Not Raven's or my fault, Raven just can't take neoprene in too much smaller than the measurements you send her, otherwise you wouldn't be able to get it on.
Since performance scales are stretchier, I asked her to change my basic tail to a hybrid tail (basic fluke, performance scales) Performance scales mean they are made at slightly smaller measurements than what you send her because it's so stretchy. We came to the conclusion performance scales are going to fit my body type better and tighter.

And since it's performance scales, I was able to have her add fins.

So I have the first basic tail morph to a hybrid tail with fins :yay: I was a little worried it might not work, or turn out right.
This was also a rush order, which is why it's getting back to me so fast.

All I can say is WOW! Raven is so amazing!
She's also making me something special, which I think is going to kinda be a first in the mermaid world. It wasn't done yet, so I told her just to hang onto it along with the rest of my order. Hoping to have it soon, but I told her to keep working on it because I'd rather her keep it and see what all she does to it.
It's going to be super freaking awesome though guys!

Anyways here's some photos!

Before!

AFTER!

I can't really judge the coloration from before to after via the photos. I'll have to see if the color is any different once it gets here.
But I'm thinking probably not. Most likely the photos are just making it look super red.

Mermaid Wesley
04-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Good for you! Can't wait to see more!

Sent from my shellphone using Tapatalk

Merman Arion
04-02-2014, 05:56 PM
YUP... This was pretty much my reaction when I saw your new tail ;) :

http://2girls1mag.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/9832_81be.gif

Then this happened :

http://media.giphy.com/media/ZU48bwcKQtvkk/giphy.gif

MerEmma
04-02-2014, 05:57 PM
It's gorgeous! I just saw the pictures she uploaded. It looks amazing. :D

Seraphina Suds
04-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Ahhh it's incredible! I love then little holes in the fins!! Glad to know Raven's able to do that since it was something I was thinking about for myself~ I'm so excited for you!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Mizuko
04-02-2014, 06:34 PM
Phoenix, its beautiful! :D I thought your tail was beautiful before, but now its awesome!! XD

AniaR
04-02-2014, 07:17 PM
There's video of her wagging the fins on instagram

Phoenix Mermaid
04-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Thanks everyone! Lol Arion I always love your gifs <3
The fins where all Raven's ideal and design. She choose the tattered fins and cut them in a fiery shape :clap:

Awh I gotta see the vid! Is it on the merbella instagram or raven's? Maybe she'll upload it to the merbella one because her personal instagram is private.

AnnaAbyss
04-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Phoenix Mermaid, I'm so happy for you! It'll look so cool when you swim in it with the extra fins.

Ariel-Starfish
04-03-2014, 02:52 AM
Omg so this is possible?! :jawdrop: So awsome! I've always wanted extra fins on my tail!

Winged Mermaid
04-03-2014, 03:08 AM
Your new hybrid tail looks soooo amazing! Just so awesome :swoon:

I think that it's really awesome that Raven will upgrade a basic tail to a basic/performance hybrid like that! I just hope this doesn't make her get a million questions (from people who didn't read the description) about people wanting fins on their basic tails X_x

Ariel-Starfish
04-03-2014, 04:12 AM
Yeah I hope it does not gets to complicated :/

Anyway I DIRECTLY emailed Raven about this! YOU CAN't believe how happy I am that this is possible!!

It's my birthday within 2 weeks so I sould get some extra money for it. <3

VERY EXITED!! :yay:

Phoenix Mermaid
04-03-2014, 04:24 AM
Yep it's possible! And because it's the performance scales, she can add fins.

Thank you Anna and Iona! I was super grateful she was willing to do this for me to begin with!
I'm also hoping it will be stretchy enough for me to work the foot straps on my feet with socks on finally.
I should be able to get my hands down there a lot better I'm hoping.
I've been out of swimming commission since my last event because I hurt my feet so bad.
Yea I'm sure there's going to be a lot of confusion about this tail. People never read. Never. lol

Mer-Crazy
04-03-2014, 04:57 AM
So what are the difference between basic and performance scales anyway?

Phoenix Mermaid
04-03-2014, 05:06 AM
Basic tails have the neoprene lining on the inside. Performance tails don't have the neoprene, it's just silicone (and some sort of mesh lining I think).
So my tail no longer has the neoprene lining. Just the silicone scales now.

Mermaid Adriel
04-03-2014, 05:23 AM
@Phoenix THAT'S SO COOL!
@Ariel >Congrats! ;)

Maclanahan
04-03-2014, 04:33 PM
I know this topic is a bit out of date on this thread, however I figured you guys would appreciate this comic.
Especially those who are in dire need of Merbellas' tail.
http://mermaidcomics.tumblr.com/post/81611119341/fun-fact-ariel-has-computers-galore-seriously

Mermaid Saphira
04-03-2014, 04:45 PM
^ :lol:

Mermaid Saphira
04-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Your tail is so miraculously unrecognizable! It looks amazing! And I would love to have that shirt myself!

AniaR
04-03-2014, 05:24 PM
lol FYI, Ariel, he means the little mermaid ariel ;)

Arella
04-03-2014, 08:19 PM
@Ariel Starfish you get them from doing a shoot, I have one