PDA

View Full Version : Merbellas Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Mermaid Wesley
03-06-2015, 03:32 AM
I love the colors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polyhymnia113
03-06-2015, 04:08 AM
I love the colors you chose. Don't second guess yourself. I agree with everyone who has said that silver highlights and fin-tipping would complement the color scheme beautifully.

Green Tea Mermaid
03-06-2015, 07:13 AM
Getting very close to getting my tail. Tyler emailed me that my order was coming up in their order book. Yay! So since everyone is sharing their designs I thought I'd share mine. =)

AniaR
03-06-2015, 07:21 AM
Ooooooo

Mermaid Kassandra
03-06-2015, 07:43 AM
Your design is so WOW! 😍

Merman Arion
03-06-2015, 08:22 AM
Wow! It's beautiful.

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Meronica
03-06-2015, 01:57 PM
LOVE the bubbly looking ankle and dorsal fins! Are you getting a starfish top as well, or are those pictures just there for color scheme inspiration? (:

Green Tea Mermaid
03-06-2015, 02:48 PM
LOVE the bubbly looking ankle and dorsal fins! Are you getting a starfish top as well, or are those pictures just there for color scheme inspiration? (:

Those are my actually tops. They were finished last June and Raven has been holding on to them since to make sure the colors will be correct on my tail. :)

polyhymnia113
03-06-2015, 04:27 PM
Oooh. I love your unique dorsal shape and the little bubble dots on your ankle fins

MermaidMichelle
03-06-2015, 05:33 PM
Heel/ankle fins do draw attention away from the waist and toward the fluke, and mergirl you have made them POP! Yours is a unique shape that also looks very natural for a fish. Congratulations! :mermaid kiss:

Theta
03-06-2015, 07:56 PM
Theta are you going to post the pic of your upgraded tail that Raven posted to FB? I almost did it without thinking >.> but then I thought there might be a reason why you werent. But I think people would love to see it!

I will when it's all the way finished and Raven's taken a better picture of it lol :) She shopped out her studio background and thinks the pic looks funny. When she gives me the go ahead I'll post it... not too long now I don't think! :D

Vicky Mermaid
03-07-2015, 02:19 AM
Everyone's design is so pretty! Raven emailed me on 19 februari that she hoped to have my fins ready the next day. But still nothing... Day 285... It can't be long now :)

Ariel-Starfish
03-07-2015, 03:58 AM
Aargh the color blending ❤️

Little_Orca
03-07-2015, 04:29 AM
Beautiful. This all has me thinking mine is not going to be pretty enough. arg! Patience.... patience...

Ariel-Starfish
03-07-2015, 06:14 AM
Beautiful. This all has me thinking mine is not going to be pretty enough. arg! Patience.... patience...

Can I join the club? :sad eyes::sad eyes:

Green Tea Mermaid
03-07-2015, 12:44 PM
Thanks everyone for all the lovely comments. I am so excited to finally be getting my dream tail! I can't wait to see it and I am so close. Yay!

Green Tea Mermaid
03-07-2015, 12:49 PM
Heel/ankle fins do draw attention away from the waist and toward the fluke, and mergirl you have made them POP! Yours is a unique shape that also looks very natural for a fish. Congratulations! :mermaid kiss:

Thank you Michelle! I spent a good while deciding the fins. I designed a few, but really liked these ones. I was actually starting to panic that no one would like them. I know it's silly, but I guess everyone has a freak out moment.

Mer-Crazy
03-07-2015, 06:01 PM
Can I join the club? :sad eyes::sad eyes:
Together we can start the... I honestly can't think of a name for our club. Someone clever help me!

Mermaid Alea
03-07-2015, 07:04 PM
The "Doubtful Tail Design Club (DTDC)" - To change the tail design or not to change the tail design, that is the question.

I am sure once you get your tail you will be more than happy with it, especially once you swim in it for the first time! :)

AniaR
03-07-2015, 07:43 PM
I didnt even design. I was like, "raven... you do it" LOL

OceanWhisper
03-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Lol Raina ^.^ That's awesome though, because she can go crazy and do whatever she wants. (with a color scheme though)

OceanWhisper
03-07-2015, 08:13 PM
Getting very close to getting my tail. Tyler emailed me that my order was coming up in their order book. Yay! So since everyone is sharing their designs I thought I'd share mine. =)
btw, this tail will be stunning! and I love the tops :D

Fifi Tigg
03-08-2015, 11:11 AM
http://youtu.be/czwd3kC2kGg
Just want to say I love my Merbella Tail! It's like it was actually made for me, fits perfectly, the waist almost blends with my own skin and it swims beautifully! I still need a lot more work on my swimming technique but I'm in love :mermaid kiss:

Green Tea Mermaid
03-08-2015, 11:42 AM
I didnt even design. I was like, "raven... you do it" LOL

I only designed the fins. :) The rest I left up to Raven. I gave her the general color scheme, told her the fluke I liked and I am glad I did because she is brilliant!

polyhymnia113
03-08-2015, 01:44 PM
I did a very similar thing too. Told her the fluke shape of my dreams was the main part i was fixated on and let her know I wanted double ankle fins plus pect and dorsal fins and told her kind of a theme idea for the colors and sent some pics of colors. She pitched a few sketches and options of fins back my way and I said yes to a combo of the various elements and I didn't see the finalized concept until she recently sent me progress pics of the tail in painting stage. I nearly lost my mind with joy at how it turned out.

polyhymnia113
03-08-2015, 01:47 PM
*they aren't watermarked and they show the studio so she requested I not share the photos or I'd totally be sharing them with you guys as I know we all love to drool over new merbellas tail pics.

MermaidMichelle
03-08-2015, 02:31 PM
Fifi Tigg, my first almost-subconscious reaction upon seeing that video (after "YAY the Koi fluke really is huge!") was "the waist blends and the fins move so well that it's jarring; it looks like a real mermaid is wearing a swim top, mask and snorkel for some reason...." :mermaid kiss:

Green Tea Mermaid
03-08-2015, 03:12 PM
Fifi Tigg wow that water is gorgeous and that tail looks fabulous on you!

polyhymnia113
03-08-2015, 05:03 PM
Fifi that water looks incredible and you look amazing in your tail!! What a beautiful beach on which to get to play in your tail!!

Aisling
03-08-2015, 05:28 PM
I agree with the above statements! So beautiful!

Fifi Tigg
03-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Thank you everyone! I had the most awesome day and to top it off my Busselton Mermaids just reached a milestone of 2000 likes! :yay:

Kaila Mermaid
03-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Wow that's gorgeous!!! So fitting! And I like your music choice ^_^

Merfin_Aurora_Oceania
03-16-2015, 08:06 AM
I'm wondering everyone.

1. What was the wait time was like before you received an email reply from Raven whether it be her personal email address, from etsy or facebook? (Needed to find out an estimated cost since my tail idea is a little on the extravagant side and I know it won't be a $3,000 tail so I could have the money up front)
2. How long did you wait for there to be an availability to order your tail?
3. When was the most recent opening for an order taken? (So I can prepare the next opening)
4. How much is it for jewellery such as earrings, necklace, waistband, bracelet and necklace of each please?
5. Are Raven's tails safe for the environment?

Thanks everyone :)

Merfin_Aurora_Oceania
03-16-2015, 08:12 AM
Congrats on your tail Tigg, looks amazing, did you design the tail yourself or buy it pre-owned?

Where abouts in Australia did you go for a swim, so nice.

http://youtu.be/czwd3kC2kGg
Just want to say I love my Merbella Tail! It's like it was actually made for me, fits perfectly, the waist almost blends with my own skin and it swims beautifully! I still need a lot more work on my swimming technique but I'm in love :mermaid kiss:

Ashton
03-16-2015, 11:44 AM
I was wondering, how does Raven deal with the potential risk of someone getting hurt in their tail? Is there some sort of a liability contract?

OceanWhisper
03-16-2015, 11:53 AM
do you mean with a photo shoot like ' Merbella for a day' or something? or in general?

Mermaid Sirenia
03-16-2015, 12:14 PM
Congrats on your tail Tigg, looks amazing, did you design the tail yourself or buy it pre-owned?

Where abouts in Australia did you go for a swim, so nice.
She purchased it from someone who owned it previously :)

polyhymnia113
03-16-2015, 01:50 PM
Auroraspirit,

1. I got an email from her within a day responding to my initial request to order but I have since learned that this was extremely absurdly ridiculously lucky and not the norm at all. She stays super busy. She doesn't respond to emails for orders unless there is an open slot currently sp you're unlikely to hear from her until there's a slot and you're placing your order. Even once you order you won't hear from her frequently or often. I had no idea how that worked when I ordered and no idea if there was a slot available when I emailed so just sharing it for anyone new. A slot opening had not been announced at the time I ordered (4/10/14) but was apparently about to be.
If price estimate is all you are after currently you can calculate that yourself using the faq and info on their fb page. The info on cost of extra fins (150 a pair), a dorsal fin (375 I think), a custom fluke shape (roughly 475 - not everyone does this - she has plenty of gorgeous standard shapes), translucent waist option (150 I think) glitter top coat (I don't recall the cost of this), etc. It is all there...you just have to add it up.

2. I didn't wait at all and had no idea there might be a wait initially. Again, I later learned this is NOT the norm, and far from it. You can watch their fb page and instagram to see when they announce a slot is open. Everyone on this forum page will be all aflutter about it too so you may see the announcement here swiftly also.

3. The most recent order appears to have been taken last month and I think it was A. Gyldenscale who is in this thread. She may be able to answer more specifically about when her order was taken. I don't think she has a set schedule she releases slots on / I think it is based on her workload but it appears to be roughly every 3 or 4 months she makes the announcement. Little Orca also recently ordered.

4. Jewelery from her is the one thing I've not ordered so I am no help on this one.

5. 100% Platinum Cure Silicone is known to be very safe in terms of not leaching toxins into the water (or onto you while you're in the tail). The paints are embedded / mixed w silicone and thus won't leach either. I am no expert but I don't think they're at all harmful to the environment or the wearer.

Ashton
03-16-2015, 02:25 PM
do you mean with a photo shoot like ' Merbella for a day' or something? or in general?

Either one, I was just wondering since I know there is a hazard when swimming with your legs bound and in a heavy silicone tail.

Mer-Crazy
03-16-2015, 05:02 PM
I'm wondering everyone.

1. What was the wait time was like before you received an email reply from Raven whether it be her personal email address, from etsy or facebook? (Needed to find out an estimated cost since my tail idea is a little on the extravagant side and I know it won't be a $3,000 tail so I could have the money up front)
Thanks everyone :)
I made a table: (it has it's own thread and everything but I'm usually happy to dump it places when needed haha)

AniaR
03-16-2015, 05:06 PM
I was wondering, how does Raven deal with the potential risk of someone getting hurt in their tail? Is there some sort of a liability contract? liability waiver. Most tail makers have the legal jargon akin to "swim at your own risk" somewhere in the fine print ;) you can't really sue anyone for getting hurt in swim gear like fins etc we looked into it like hell when mertailor was selling alex plus and it could cause birth defects etc. (all though in that case there was more legal grounds because he at the time intentionally lied about materials)

4. How much is it for jewellery such as earrings, necklace, waistband, bracelet and necklace of each please?

If you want a merbellas set (like a head dress, necklace, earrings or something like that) she'll do something up within your budget but it's usually a flat fee for several items together. She doesnt *often* sell that stuff individually.

Merman Arion
03-16-2015, 05:13 PM
If you want a merbellas set (like a head dress, necklace, earrings or something like that) she'll do something up within your budget but it's usually a flat fee for several items together. She doesnt *often* sell that stuff individually.

In January, I have seen a picture of a merman necklace on her Instagram and I fell in love with it.

So far, I have sent three mails for an order about merman accessories (two belts and two necklaces) but I haven't got a response yet.
I shall try again in the next couple of weeks. I hope I will have a chance to wear her beautiful stuff someday :)

Merfin_Aurora_Oceania
03-16-2015, 06:57 PM
:mermaid kiss:Many thank you's poly, you are amazing!

Auroraspirit,

1. I got an email from her within a day responding to my initial request to order but I have since learned that this was extremely absurdly ridiculously lucky and not the norm at all. She stays super busy. She doesn't respond to emails for orders unless there is an open slot currently sp you're unlikely to hear from her until there's a slot and you're placing your order. Even once you order you won't hear from her frequently or often. I had no idea how that worked when I ordered and no idea if there was a slot available when I emailed so just sharing it for anyone new. A slot opening had not been announced at the time I ordered (4/10/14) but was apparently about to be.
If price estimate is all you are after currently you can calculate that yourself using the faq and info on their fb page. The info on cost of extra fins (150 a pair), a dorsal fin (375 I think), a custom fluke shape (roughly 475 - not everyone does this - she has plenty of gorgeous standard shapes), translucent waist option (150 I think) glitter top coat (I don't recall the cost of this), etc. It is all there...you just have to add it up.

2. I didn't wait at all and had no idea there might be a wait initially. Again, I later learned this is NOT the norm, and far from it. You can watch their fb page and instagram to see when they announce a slot is open. Everyone on this forum page will be all aflutter about it too so you may see the announcement here swiftly also.

3. The most recent order appears to have been taken last month and I think it was A. Gyldenscale who is in this thread. She may be able to answer more specifically about when her order was taken. I don't think she has a set schedule she releases slots on / I think it is based on her workload but it appears to be roughly every 3 or 4 months she makes the announcement. Little Orca also recently ordered.

4. Jewelery from her is the one thing I've not ordered so I am no help on this one.

5. 100% Platinum Cure Silicone is known to be very safe in terms of not leaching toxins into the water (or onto you while you're in the tail). The paints are embedded / mixed w silicone and thus won't leach either. I am no expert but I don't think they're at all harmful to the environment or the wearer.

Merfin_Aurora_Oceania
03-16-2015, 07:07 PM
Thank you Raina :)

I've got a good idea how much I need to save now, thank you again Poly and Raina:mermaid kiss:

Merfin_Aurora_Oceania
03-16-2015, 07:09 PM
All the best Arion, I really hope you receive a reply back. The anticipation moment is amazing!

In January, I have seen a picture of a merman necklace on her Instagram and I fell in love with it.

So far, I have sent three mails for an order about merman accessories (two belts and two necklaces) but I haven't got a response yet.
I shall try again in the next couple of weeks. I hope I will have a chance to wear her beautiful stuff someday :)

Aurellia Gyldenscale
03-17-2015, 10:40 AM
I made a table: (it has it's own thread and everything but I'm usually happy to dump it places when needed haha)

This is pretty fantastic. Now I just want a reference "mermaid spotting guide" with pics of as many of the tails as possible organized by maker. That would be awesome.

Yulia
03-17-2015, 01:33 PM
This is pretty fantastic. Now I just want a reference "mermaid spotting guide" with pics of as many of the tails as possible organized by maker. That would be awesome.

https://mermaidtailcollection.wordpress.com/

;)

Mermaid Lorelei
03-17-2015, 02:39 PM

;)

Oh good lord. This is awesome!

Mermaid Enora
03-17-2015, 03:03 PM
We need a mermaid field guide book!
Something with open clear pockets to put photos in.

Aysun_the_Mermaid
03-17-2015, 03:09 PM
Pokémon cards for mermaids?

Mermaid Enora
03-17-2015, 03:13 PM
Haha yes!

Theta
03-17-2015, 03:27 PM
Magic cards for mermaids :) I know they have generators- my friend made a bunch of them for us several years ago.

MermaidMichelle
03-17-2015, 04:22 PM
I am on/overboard for all of those things! Back when I was in High School, I had a friend who was certain that I counted as a 2/1 White creature. I wonder what I would be a the Fire Angel Sea Dragon?

AniaR
03-17-2015, 04:39 PM
Today was a really great day... up until the point where I accidentally totally wrecked my blended waist on my tail. It was a stupid accident and had nothing to do with Merbella Studios Inc. (https://www.facebook.com/MerBellaStudios) they're awesome, and if you got a blended waist you'll love it and it'll rock. But it general, always good to keeps fins, waist lines, and anything like that away from things that are sharp. I am so freaking heart broken. Now Raven is amazing and made the waist lines in such a way that sh...e can totally replace them if need be without damaging your tail (IN general I am hard on waist lines because I do so many gigs). So obviously that's my long term plan. I just cant afford the money OR the time at the moment to send it back to her, so being the awesome woman she is she texted me DURING MY GIG (because it happened in the middle of a dry gig!) a sketch and instructions on how to modify it for the time being until she gets to replace it. I am so sad because the blended waist made me feel so confident in my tail, I never felt so good as a mermaid, so pretty- and it was awesome having something so unique. I still have the back and sides, it was just the front so yeah, you wont see that amazing blend anymore in photos. Still totally functionable, but there's no way I can fix it myself and keep the seamless look she created. (can't get dragonskin here or some of the other materials- and let's be honest I'd do a sloppy job compared to her).

Anyway, I wasn't going to say anything... but honestly I know the second I post a photo people will bombard me with questions or fears and it'll make me feel worse.. (which I'd appreciate if people could keep that to a minimum,) so I'm just saying it now. Blended waists are awesome. Sharp objects + silicone = not so much. It was an accident that I couldn't avoid despite how prepared I am. Dry gigs always seem to be riskier I find (at least for me) than pool ones which is why I don't usually do them in silicone. I was so sad about it I actually cried on my lunch break :( :( :(The upside is my tail look 50% sexier now lol. low rise!! I am NOT going to post any photos though that show the damage so please don't ask. Because 1) it's upsetting to me and 2) I don't want to accidentally reveal Raven's trade secrets. She is the best tail maker ever to me. She's super busy right now and she made time to calm me down and help me through my panic session MID gig!!! did up a sketch and everything in minutes. I am lucky to have her both as a friend and a mermaid Godmother haha. (that's why she feels like to me sometimes!)

But yeah, feeling crummy about it all. It still looks great, just can't tell from the front there was a blended waist anymore.

PearlieMae
03-17-2015, 04:44 PM
Aw nuts Raina!

I'm sure that when you get frankentail, she'll be able to fix it up good as new!

AniaR
03-17-2015, 04:45 PM
it's days like these I wish I was in America. with the USD-CAD conversion, shipping, and customs... it's just awful!

polyhymnia113
03-17-2015, 05:19 PM
Awwww. I am sure Raven will mend it beautifully when you get the time and shipping. I am positive you're still magnificent and stunning in your tail no matter what the style of waistband. :)

MermaidMichelle
03-17-2015, 05:20 PM
Today was a really great day... up until the point where I accidentally totally wrecked my blended waist on my tail. It was a stupid accident and had nothing to do with Merbella Studios Inc. (https://www.facebook.com/MerBellaStudios) they're awesome, and if you got a blended waist you'll love it and it'll rock. But it general, always good to keeps fins, waist lines, and anything like that away from things that are sharp. I am so freaking heart broken. Now Raven is amazing and made the waist lines in such a way that sh...e can totally replace them if need be without damaging your tail (IN general I am hard on waist lines because I do so many gigs). So obviously that's my long term plan. I just cant afford the money OR the time at the moment to send it back to her, so being the awesome woman she is she texted me DURING MY GIG (because it happened in the middle of a dry gig!) a sketch and instructions on how to modify it for the time being until she gets to replace it. I am so sad because the blended waist made me feel so confident in my tail, I never felt so good as a mermaid, so pretty- and it was awesome having something so unique. I still have the back and sides, it was just the front so yeah, you wont see that amazing blend anymore in photos. Still totally functionable, but there's no way I can fix it myself and keep the seamless look she created. (can't get dragonskin here or some of the other materials- and let's be honest I'd do a sloppy job compared to her).

Anyway, I wasn't going to say anything... but honestly I know the second I post a photo people will bombard me with questions or fears and it'll make me feel worse.. (which I'd appreciate if people could keep that to a minimum,) so I'm just saying it now. Blended waists are awesome. Sharp objects + silicone = not so much. It was an accident that I couldn't avoid despite how prepared I am. Dry gigs always seem to be riskier I find (at least for me) than pool ones which is why I don't usually do them in silicone. I was so sad about it I actually cried on my lunch break :( :( :(The upside is my tail look 50% sexier now lol. low rise!! I am NOT going to post any photos though that show the damage so please don't ask. Because 1) it's upsetting to me and 2) I don't want to accidentally reveal Raven's trade secrets. She is the best tail maker ever to me. She's super busy right now and she made time to calm me down and help me through my panic session MID gig!!! did up a sketch and everything in minutes. I am lucky to have her both as a friend and a mermaid Godmother haha. (that's why she feels like to me sometimes!)

But yeah, feeling crummy about it all. It still looks great, just can't tell from the front there was a blended waist anymore.

So you now have perhaps the closest thing to Princess Ariel's transparent dip-at-the-front? :mermaid kiss: I am very sorry that your waist was damaged, and I can understand why dry gigs would be more dangerous; you have neither the aquatic weightlessness nor the mobility, and presumably being surrounded by children at play does not help matters either....

I feel your Canadian pain when it comes to shipping, but am very happy to read that your mermaid Godmother came to your rescue! Hmmm, she called me her "peach"...does that mean she's going to turn me into your coach? :help:

MerEmma
03-17-2015, 05:26 PM
I'm so sorry that happened, Raina. I can't imagine how you feel right now. Raven sounds like an angel though, doing the best she can to help you out. <3

Yulia
03-17-2015, 05:31 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Raven! :(
I'm sure it will all wok out in the end, but it stinks that it had to be like this from the start.
HUGS<3

Merfin_Aurora_Oceania
03-17-2015, 05:53 PM
Raina I wouldn't begin to imagine what you went through! *hugs* So relieved Raven was there for you.

If you were to place a wet hand towel in the waist would that work to help by an chance?

Dry tails seriously need a waterfall system much like a costume that has an installed fan ventilation, when's our mermaid waterfall system coming for our tails ;)

AniaR
03-17-2015, 07:05 PM
yeah I use a lot of water/lube and towels to put my tail off and on already and always suggest people do the same. The issue with dry gigs is you sometimes don't have enough space/safe enough space to put your stuff on, and your skin dries faster than you can get the tail off/on and trying to slide rubber off or on anything dry is just horrible. In this instance I was in my tail 1/2 way through getting it off in a Harry Potter styled under the stairs cubby in the dark and it was a recipe for disaster. Anytime I have every damaged any tail I've owned I go through my head thinking what could I have done better? Well short of literally changing in front of everyone at the gig there's nowhere else I could of done or anything else I could of really done. The place I was wasn't even properly sealed off so people going up the stairs could look down and see part of the room I was in and I was trying to hide under it. I RARELY take dry gigs anymore because 99% of the time when anything bad has happened to a tail it's been during a dry gig. But this is a big contract and it has gotten us so much publicity.

I just can't even tell you how I sick I feel over it. We put so much thought into the design of my tail so that if issues happened like the long term wear and tear of my last one did- I'd be able to handle it. I know how to fix split scales, reattached fins, fix holes/splits in flukes, scraped, or fraying. But I just can't fix a blended waist by myself with the extent I damaged it. And you know, I've been super careful and hyper aware. I don't even roll my waist down with this tail. But it was one of those moments I'm kinda rushing to do what has to be done and I hear the rip and my brain is going "that was a weird sound, what could that have been." and then all of a sudden it's not very tight on my belly anymore. lol We even put less fins on my tail and made the dorsal fin stubbier to account for how often I'm in the thing.

I honestly have no idea when I can have Raven fix it. I am booked solid until october and the plan for the Franken tail was to put another mermaid in it until we could replace THEIR tail. And I don't want to waste all this extra money because of the exchange rate. So I guess it'll either be fall or if I get to take a trip to Florida. Whichever comes first.

As much as I love my highly waisted tails I may have her just make the blended part shorter and stubbier so I am more aware of where it sits on my body and less likely to do the same thing. I had a nap after this gig and woke up and was like "oh yeah, I busted that part." I just feel so gross. And Raven worked SO HARD on it I felt awful telling her. :(

To give you an example, when I first started out as a mermaid I did probably 1-2 gigs a month if I was lucky- from April- September. Anything after those months I was lucky to have 1 gig a month.

I am at the point now that this year alone I've done 3-5 gigs a week since January, many of them being 5-6 hours gigs. I'm spending as much time in my tail currently as I would at a job. So far it's been in just about every single pool in this city, and many of the dry venues. It's been transported all over this province and others. It's been through freezing temperatures. Up until this point the only damage I'd done was tearing off a fin (which I was able to seamlessly fix) when I was at a pool gig and changed in the shower area. One of the fins got caught in a broken drain and when I lifted my fluke the broken part of the drain caught the fin and tore it. I was upset but it was a 10 second fix and looks brand new like nothing happened.

But hey, I haven't posted any new pics in this thread for a while, so here's some stuff:

Here's an amazing pic of Raven in her Lion Fish tail

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/11057297_10206158054809995_8654566117977735741_o.j pg

Here's some pics I had done prior to this issue:

https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/11008590_10155365877035425_1251785973459740870_o.j pg

(those lines you see are actually from storage creases, and not the monfon at the bottom of the fluke. The monofin is small and ends way higher up in the fluke ^)

https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/11046609_10155362413785425_5694671210143274780_o.j pg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xat1/t31.0-8/10265361_1020941804607229_3050688857834131796_o.jp g

https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10996273_1020454741322602_565796308341803051_n.jpg ?oh=d85257215ce1cfd8ea530b614eee224c&oe=557AAB73

https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/11043083_1019641561403920_7152155716217253628_n.jp g?oh=950277fece029c10840df2255abbb2b6&oe=5582B911

https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/11034350_1019410794760330_2830891319165080387_o.jp g

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/10928890_1008793539155389_1741381910873296809_o.jp g

https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/s2048x2048/10916309_1001714823196594_6033854939346153140_o.jp g

polyhymnia113
03-17-2015, 07:14 PM
Raina, just a quick question...do you choose not to roll the blended waist down to not put extra wear and tear on it or is it not even an option to roll it down now that you have a translucent blend waist? I am starting to stress a lot about getting myself into and out of my tail once it arrives. Does the translucent part have no flex to it?

OceanWhisper
03-17-2015, 07:18 PM

;)
not a single photo will show up :(

MermaidMichelle
03-17-2015, 07:19 PM
I was preparing to ask the same question, so I shall just swiftly point out how amazing both you and Raven look, Raina! The begowned mermaid look is like a piece of film/performance art, and that baby looks to be in awe! :mermaid kiss:

Yulia
03-17-2015, 07:54 PM
not a single photo will show up :(
It happens sometimes on cellphones, it's some dumb Wordpress bug. >:

If you're not on a phone, I don't know why. Is it just white?

AniaR
03-17-2015, 08:02 PM
Raina, just a quick question...do you choose not to roll the blended waist down to not put extra wear and tear on it or is it not even an option to roll it down now that you have a translucent blend waist? I am starting to stress a lot about getting myself into and out of my tail once it arrives. Does the translucent part have no flex to it?

No. It's because my waist was so high. IN all my high waisted tails I have found if I roll them down it's really hard to unroll them while putting them on, and that most damage happens when I do that. but with a regular or low waisted tail rolling down was fine. It's just really hard to unroll something once you get to your hips and the roll makes it twice as thick and it stretches the top of the waist across that.

Getting into and out of a tail is hard no matter what you do. and over time it will always put stress on the places that you move the most. With rapidash I would always tear my fins that were in the pelvic area because when I was unrolling I wouldn't realize I had grabbed one. And trying to stretch something as tiny as your waist over your bum and hips can be tricky too. Usually the first year of a tail is fine but as silicone ages it loses its stretch and becomes harder.

So no, don't freak out about the blended waist. But if you have your tail come up high; based on my personal experience I wouldn't roll it.

Merfin_Aurora_Oceania
03-17-2015, 08:23 PM
We've somehow got to invent a portable bathtub for dry gigs or something in which you can safely take the tail off if you can not access a bathroom facility to take it on or off.

I know silicone is trickier than any other material used...

That gets me thinking, any ideas how to take plumbing on the go? There has to be a portable camping shower.

All the best Raina :)

polyhymnia113
03-17-2015, 08:53 PM
Thanks, Raina! Auroraspirit there are portable camp showers and they're not terribly expensive but privacy would still be the biggest issue. Perhaps you could build a curtianed tent around it?

AniaR
03-17-2015, 10:17 PM
I dont think that makes much sense I already lug a load of stuff to gigs and that would be a water damage issue liability with insurance. It's just the breaks. Silicone + dry gigs = not easy to do.

Venessa Louisiana Mermaid
03-18-2015, 12:02 AM
I am so excited I finally get to post on this thread. I placed my order with Raven back in November as soon as she announced she had a spot open on Facebook. Because I know her wait times are very long, and I am admittedly a very impatient person, I inquired about rush fees. I also knew I needed it by Spring because I have contract for gigs throughout the upcoming months and my Mertailor tail has been ripping at the seams. She did offer me a rush fee option of 60-90 days for $450. I will talk about all of this in detail when I do my review however. For now, I wanted to share my pics. All of my gigs are either in concrete pools or waterparks...or an occasional land based gig. But they usually all involve lots of kids who are touching and pulling on my tail, swimming with me and on me, etc. They truly get an "interactive" mermaid experience. So therefore, I went for just the simple tail shape with no added fins that could be yanked off. :) I am so in love with the fluke design and colors as well as the "streamers." I can't wait to experience how this will feel actually swimming in it. I also ordered the "Ariel" clam shell bra top with Atlantis design extras. These are the only pics I have for now but will of course post more once I get it in. CAN NOT WAIT!

28336 28337

MermaidMichelle
03-18-2015, 12:15 AM
Your tail looks brilliant; streamlined and elegant, with a huge fluke and vibrant blue gradient. Well done by all finvolved! :mermaid kiss:

Green Tea Mermaid
03-18-2015, 12:17 AM
I love your tail. The colors standout so much and look amazing. I can't wait to see pictures of it in action!

AniaR
03-18-2015, 12:55 AM
Love that fluke! You'll love it

polyhymnia113
03-18-2015, 01:44 AM
So pretty! So excited for you!

Merfin_Aurora_Oceania
03-18-2015, 04:28 AM
Awwww congratulations Vanessa, it must feel amazing, is this your first silicone?

03-18-2015, 09:10 AM
Awwww congratulations Vanessa, it must feel amazing, is this your first silicone?

Thank you all. Yes Aurora, this is my first FULL silicone. My current one is the Neoprene/Silicone from Mertailor. :)

Merfin_Aurora_Oceania
03-18-2015, 09:53 AM
Oooooo, congratulations sweetheart! Well deserved :dance::clap::thumbs up:

Yulia
03-18-2015, 10:36 AM
Aaah, beautiful tail! :D
Love that fluke.

Aurellia Gyldenscale
03-18-2015, 11:18 AM

;)

#MerPorn #Sploosh

Aurellia Gyldenscale
03-18-2015, 11:28 AM
I am so excited I finally get to post on this thread. I placed my order with Raven back in November as soon as she announced she had a spot open on Facebook. Because I know her wait times are very long, and I am admittedly a very impatient person, I inquired about rush fees. I also knew I needed it by Spring because I have contract for gigs throughout the upcoming months and my Mertailor tail has been ripping at the seams. She did offer me a rush fee option of 60-90 days for $450. I will talk about all of this in detail when I do my review however. For now, I wanted to share my pics. All of my gigs are either in concrete pools or waterparks...or an occasional land based gig. But they usually all involve lots of kids who are touching and pulling on my tail, swimming with me and on me, etc. They truly get an "interactive" mermaid experience. So therefore, I went for just the simple tail shape with no added fins that could be yanked off. :) I am so in love with the fluke design and colors as well as the "streamers." I can't wait to experience how this will feel actually swimming in it. I also ordered the "Ariel" clam shell bra top with Atlantis design extras. These are the only pics I have for now but will of course post more once I get it in. CAN NOT WAIT!

Is that the new merbella fluke design? :)

Mer-Crazy
03-18-2015, 04:47 PM
Looks like a slightly altered butterfly Koi fluke to me.

AniaR
03-18-2015, 05:34 PM
She did tell me she recently redid the merbellas fluke since it was the first sculpt she ever did lol. But Im not sure if that's it.

Green Tea Mermaid
03-18-2015, 05:44 PM
Looks like a slightly altered butterfly Koi fluke to me.

I second, it looks like an altered Butterfly Koi fluke.

Starfrit
03-18-2015, 05:52 PM
Here's an amazing pic of Raven in her Lion Fish tail

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/11057297_10206158054809995_8654566117977735741_o.j pg

*HYPERVENTILATES FOREVER*

I know I say this about, like... Every tail Raven ever does, but this is my favorite tail. They're all my favorite tails. They're beautiful, she's beautiful, and every time I see one of her tails I just get so excited because someday, someday, I'm determined to get a Merbella tail of my own. ;w; My tail by Morticia is almost finished and even though we've been getting nothing but blizzards here all week I've been having constant dreams about summer and swimming around in my tail, and and and...!! Hnngghh. I can't handle it.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/swooning.gif

AniaR
03-18-2015, 05:58 PM
yeah Halifax is about to call a state of Emergency. 76cm of snow today. I am trapped inside my apartment lol.

But yes, this image is freaking amazing. She showed me a few more from the shoot- she doesnt have permission from the photographer to post them yet. But wait til you all see!!!

Starfrit
03-18-2015, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I saw the picture you posted of how high the snowdrifts were getting on the side of your building-- It's crazy! We haven't had nearly as much as you guys (like, 40cm since Monday, I think?) but still. Just when I thought Spring was finally coming, lol... :P

Also, I'm downloading the Instagram app right now just for the sole purpose of following Raven. I can't wait to see more of the pics from that shoot!

Yulia
03-18-2015, 07:36 PM
Y'all sitting there with meters of snow, and I'm all "YEAH SPRING GOODBYE COAT HELLO BIRDIES AND FLOWERS"
And I'm more north than Halifax. Oh, weather.

Merfin_Aurora_Oceania
03-18-2015, 10:48 PM
I'm super happy right now, I came across this video a few days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdAsSJkTj6E

Its so nice to see that this video I previously watched now can be recreated for mermaids, I was wondering how the top would look to match the tail and Raven does such an amazing creation, I am so pleased to be ordering with Raven and the tail and top are so realistic to the real lionfish *drool*

AniaR
03-18-2015, 10:59 PM
yeah. Raven's tail came first. Moo is a friend, we have a few threads about him in the "other tail makers" discussion area. :)

IN other news: pretty sure I fixed my blended waist and it looks 90% as good! going to see if I can grab a pic...

03-18-2015, 11:01 PM

I'm actually not sure if this will technically be one of her "new designs." I bsically went through all of her pics and said I like this fluke but I want really long streamers and she said "Can do!" :)

MermaidMichelle
03-18-2015, 11:01 PM
Congratulations! 90% is very impressive! :mermaid kiss: :pearl:

AniaR
03-18-2015, 11:03 PM
here's a pic!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xft1/v/t1.0-9/10305070_1576490645962646_2730215520776126344_n.jp g?oh=0d3f65b62a03e9bc16ca1f5a399d1bd3&oe=55B0A850&__gda__=1434027825_8c02f6406f305c8506efb9be68bad70 a

Raven walked me through what to do. I didn't have the same materials she has access to but I found some pretty decent substitutes. It's not perfect but it'll work for now until I get to Florida again. I am actually pretty proud of myself. For someone who sucks at all things fine motor; I didn't do half bad I think. ;)

It was damaged so bad we originally thought we'd have to cut the whole thing off.

MermaidMichelle
03-18-2015, 11:08 PM
That is excellent work! I can see where it was torn, yet only by looking carefully, and now it just makes it look like a "high fashion mermaid tail'! :mermaid kiss:

Mermaid Alea
03-18-2015, 11:17 PM
Great job with the fix! :clap:

Merfin_Aurora_Oceania
03-18-2015, 11:43 PM
Awwww! Raven congratulations on getting your tail fixed! It looks beautiful.

yeah. Raven's tail came first. Moo is a friend, we have a few threads about him in the "other tail makers" discussion area. :)

IN other news: pretty sure I fixed my blended waist and it looks 90% as good! going to see if I can grab a pic...

Mermaid Enora
03-19-2015, 12:01 AM
I can hardly tell where the tear is!
good job!

OceanWhisper
03-19-2015, 12:14 AM
Amazing job on the fix, Raina! Now you know what to do if it happens again. :) It looks awesome

Vicky Mermaid
03-19-2015, 02:36 AM
Ohh dear i didn't check the thread for a couple of days, so i was so sorry for you Raina. But you did a wonderful job repairing it. You can surely be proud of yourself!!! And Vanessa your tail and top are beautiful!!

polyhymnia113
03-19-2015, 03:26 AM
Raina you did a phenomenal job on that repair because I honestly cannot tell where it was ripped or what areas of the waist band are the repaired ones. I certainly cannot even imagine it had an 8 inch tear 24 hours ago!!!

polyhymnia113
03-19-2015, 03:27 AM
Venessa your tail is delightful. Love those streamers!

AnnaAbyss
03-19-2015, 04:19 AM
Ahh it's stunning!

Theta
03-19-2015, 11:51 AM
Nice job on the patch up, Raina!

BTW I'm thinking of starting a US-Canada mermaid smuggling ring. I'm hoping to visit Canada this fall, and I can fit out my station wagon with a few inch high false bottom- juuuuuuust enough space for a tail laid flat.

I can stash the silicone in the spare tire compartment.

Ariel-Starfish
03-19-2015, 01:06 PM
So no, don't freak out about the blended waist. But if you have your tail come up high; based on my personal experience I wouldn't roll it.

So How actually do you put on your tail if I may ask? :)

My new tail will come much higher above my bellybutton + blended waistline. And having a small waist + huge hips is a no go for putting on tails easy

polyhymnia113
03-19-2015, 01:31 PM
^^^my precise worry also. Tiny waist, very full hips. Eeep.

Kishiko
03-19-2015, 01:41 PM
Lol thank God for my toothpick like figure :lol: :lol:

polyhymnia113
03-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Enjoy every scond of your toothpickhood, Kishiko. :) I remember being a toothpick for ages and it made a lot of clothing fitting stuff very annoying but yeah I imagine it would've made for quite the advantage in slipping into a tail.

Theta
03-19-2015, 02:30 PM
I'm in the outlandish waist to hip ratio club. I just use a lot of lube and pull it up very gently (tail comes to my belly button.) The silicone stretches juuuuust enough to get over my hips. Sometimes I'll stick my hands in the top and kind of guide the tail upwards, if that makes any sense? I don't roll it at all.

Aurellia Gyldenscale
03-19-2015, 04:20 PM
Eeeek! I have a 13 inch hip-waist difference...I hope it will stretch enough. :/

AniaR
03-19-2015, 04:46 PM
BTW I'm thinking of starting a US-Canada mermaid smuggling ring. I'm hoping to visit Canada this fall, and I can fit out my station wagon with a few inch high false bottom- juuuuuuust enough space for a tail laid flat.

If you come up this way, let me know. We have merfolk stay with us all the time. Love to put yah up :)

So How actually do you put on your tail if I may ask?

I lube up and slide in. Like you'd wiggle into a tight dress or pair of tight jeans. I dont suggest rolling it down too easy to rip/stretch it and it's really hard to unroll. I use a towel to grip the silicone so I dont rip or poke it.

MermaidMichelle
03-19-2015, 04:51 PM
That is excellent advice; my angel dragon-mode is going to be so wing-fin heavy that I have serious misgivings about rolling it up!

As for the smuggling, I must admit that in this dark time even mermaid royalty (as you are poised to become as I've mentioned before) must at times resort to such things, and I applaud you for it! :clap::mermaid kiss:

PearlieMae
03-20-2015, 08:37 AM
:clap: Brava!

Vicky Mermaid
03-20-2015, 09:11 AM
I lube up and slide in. Like you'd wiggle into a tight dress or pair of tight jeans. I dont suggest rolling it down too easy to rip/stretch it and it's really hard to unroll. I use a towel to grip the silicone so I dont rip or poke it.

When you do'nt roll it down, how do you pull up the monofin straps? Or doesn't it have straps?

Theta
03-20-2015, 09:59 AM
That is excellent advice; my angel dragon-mode is going to be so wing-fin heavy that I have serious misgivings about rolling it up!

As for the smuggling, I must admit that in this dark time even mermaid royalty (as you are poised to become as I've mentioned before) must at times resort to such things, and I applaud you for it! :clap::mermaid kiss:

Mermaid Theta, by appointment to Her Majesty Queen Raina, Smuggler of Goods. I like it.

(I hereby dub my station wagon the Millennium Falcon)

polyhymnia113
03-20-2015, 12:11 PM
When you do'nt roll it down, how do you pull up the monofin straps? Or doesn't it have straps?
Yes, how do you deal with the monofin straps if you can no longer easily reach down inside the rolled down waist?

Aurellia Gyldenscale
03-20-2015, 12:30 PM
Don't some people loop a cord and use it to sort of pop the strap up once your foot is in without having to put your entire arm down in it?

AniaR
03-20-2015, 12:33 PM
I just reach down and pull them up?

polyhymnia113
03-20-2015, 12:34 PM
I hadn't read that anywhere before but it's kind of genius. I worry about excessive stress on the strap but I guess that's not much different than the stress of pulling on it that hard with your fingers.

AniaR
03-20-2015, 12:56 PM
Foil straps break easily they make them softer now. I wouldn't use anything but your hands honestly

Ariel-Starfish
03-20-2015, 02:43 PM

So lubing up, wiggle in the tail without Rolling/folding down and pulling the heel straps afterwards or? URGH - The struggle is real! :(

AniaR
03-20-2015, 02:51 PM
Just slide it on one leg at a time and reach down for the straps. Y'all are making it way more difficult than it actually is and over thinking. I do this at least 5 times a week...

Ariel-Starfish
03-20-2015, 02:56 PM
Probably :p

Huge thanks Raina! :D

PearlieMae
03-20-2015, 03:17 PM
It's not rocket science. I turn mine inside out, halfway - the fold is at the knees, the waist by my ankles - lube up the bottom half of my legs, slip one foot in and secure the strap, then the other. I pull the tail up like pantyhose to my unlubed knees where the tail will stick to my skin and adjust the lower part of the tail. Then I lube my thighs and butt, wipe my hands, and unfurl the tail the rest of the way. No rolling necessary, and I have two large, thin, fins on my hips.

(Then, with my tail, I have to pull the halter neckline over my head and adjust my boobs. I do all this under a loose cotton dress. Once I'm in-suit, I just pull off the dress! )

MermaidMichelle
03-20-2015, 04:11 PM
I thank you for the advice also; I wasn't looking forward to trying to roll-up/unroll my soon-to-be tail with all its fins....

Vicky Mermaid
03-20-2015, 04:39 PM
My Thom Shouse Wettail had no straps. And to be honest i didn't miss them. Guess i'll just have to wait and see then. Thanks for the advice though.

Merfin_Aurora_Oceania
03-22-2015, 01:18 AM
Are you sure being a mer is not the new parenthood? Its like watching a birthing video and freaking out wondering what the experience is going to be like for yourself or your significant other :sweat drop:

I'm going to have fun going to an adult store and request for lube and the clerk giving a smile and I would reply 'its for a tail', probably even leading to more kinkiness lol.

The joys of merhood.

Chrissy
03-22-2015, 01:21 PM
My seaweed top is done and being shipped out tomorrow. Raven did such a beautiful job on it I can't wait to try it on!!!! :dance::dance:

Mermaid Harmony
03-22-2015, 03:17 PM
I know for me conditioner works better than lube or oil because it stays slicker longer and doesn't get sticky, some lubes are definitely better than others, but with conditioner (yes, it's safe for water/world etc) then my tail and I smell really good after too. I do what pearlie does, your tail will stretch enough to get a hand in there to pull your straps up. It's not hard once you get used to it, it takes me about 3 minutes to get my tail on, and half of that is just putting on the conditioner and getting situated.

annika
03-22-2015, 03:38 PM
I have a very strange body shape and that makes putting my tail on very difficult! my ankles are only 8 inches around but my feet together are 16 so I have to fit both feet and my hand down this very small shaft not to mention my hips and waist have a 16 inch difference so my tail is quite a challenge but I honestly think practice, practice, practice is the best way to learn. +lots of lube!

Chrissy
03-23-2015, 11:52 AM
Check out MerBellas new instagram pic! This is my top she made for me!!!! Another wonderful piece of art!!!

Vicky Mermaid
03-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Thanks girls for all the tips and Chrissy your top is really stunning!

CowgirlMermaid
03-23-2015, 04:18 PM
Where can I find that instagram? Can't find it anywhere, except for some fanpage :(

Mermaid Wesley
03-23-2015, 04:19 PM
It's merbellastudios

CowgirlMermaid
03-23-2015, 04:21 PM
Ah, found it. Thank you!

Merfin_Aurora_Oceania
03-23-2015, 06:20 PM
Oh WOW Chrissy, Oh I am literally drooling on this side. Her artwork is amazing *dream land*.

Thank you for sharing <3

Merley
03-23-2015, 06:26 PM
I also lube my tail up with conditioner. Cheap stuff like VO5 or Suave seems to work best because it's pretty slippery. I do all of my legs, part of my butt and put a ton on my feet. Then I squirt a good sized blob on the inside and rub it in. I've only used my tail for ocean swimming so I'll sit by the shoreline stick one lubed up foot in and it's fairly easy to find the straps. Half the time my feet are so slippery I can just pop on the straps without even reaching in to do it. Just wiggle your foot and you'll be able to pop the strap on. I even get them off the same way in water once I'm finished swimming. No need to really reach in. As for rolling my tail down, I have huge double dorsals at my sides so I just fold the top a little, slide one leg in, pop on the strap (it's easier to do it one at a time instead of doing both at the same time after both legs are in; more space.), put my other leg in, smooth out wrinkles then put both hands inside at the top, palmside to tail, then gently tug over waist. Done. Its much easier then it sounds. If I can find someone to film I'll make a video for you guys. Mind you I do this at least 3x a week by myself. It only takes a few minutes. :)

Sitre Seer Moroaica
03-23-2015, 07:39 PM
For lube, I work in a sex shoppe so I can access to all sorts of them.
I'm thinking a water based lube would be best if I were to use it to slip in my tail if I'm correct?
Since it comes off with water its use I would say would work excellent since it won't harm the pool/ocean and there is no residue etc when taking it off as well.
Has anybody used a water based lube and if so which kind?

Yulia
03-23-2015, 07:51 PM
J-Lube seems to be the best, it's a powder you mix with water.

Lily
03-23-2015, 08:15 PM
DEFINITELY use water-based lube. Silicone-based lubes will actually stick to a silicone tail and mess it up! J-lube as Yulia said is a pretty good one because the powder is comparatively cheap for the amount of lube it makes, but any water-based lube will work - lots of mers just use KY or whatever from the drug store. Just make absolutely sure it's water-based!

AniaR
03-23-2015, 08:47 PM
I also lube my tail up with conditioner.

conditioner can be hit or miss. I'm not usually picky about lube if I'm getting wet because it washes away. Sitting in the lube for a dry gig for hours though??? not so great. I find conditioner causes rashes on my skin and is often harsh. I just use an aveeno lotion mixed with water and it seems to do the tricks and wash out well enough. Oatmeal based. There's really no right or wrong thing. So long as it doesnt hurt you, your tail, or creatures... then go for it.

Theta
03-24-2015, 11:14 AM
I'm with Raina in the no-conditioner club. It really irritates my skin. I had never thought of watering down the lotion, though- that's a really good idea! I've been using natural oils lately (olive, coconut) because my skin likes them, and they sit on my skin long enough to get into the tail (in general, lotion just absorbs right in. I've got weird skin lol)

MermaidBrandie
03-24-2015, 12:54 PM
For lube, I work in a sex shoppe so I can access to all sorts of them.
I'm thinking a water based lube would be best if I were to use it to slip in my tail if I'm correct?
Since it comes off with water its use I would say would work excellent since it won't harm the pool/ocean and there is no residue etc when taking it off as well.
Has anybody used a water based lube and if so which kind?Water based is the only kind to use with a silicone product. I would try System JO H20 for a thinner off the rack lube. I use J-Lube myself. (Don't have a silicone tail, btw. But I do use J-lube ;P)

What shop do you work in? I work at fascinations. ^.^

Mer-Crazy
03-24-2015, 04:46 PM
So I remember this being mentioned briefly once, about using oils as lube for a tail?

Winged Mermaid
03-24-2015, 04:47 PM
Merbellas recommends baby oil and some people use coconut oil

AniaR
03-24-2015, 05:50 PM
I would only use oil for wet gigs because it can be rinsed out easily. If you're gonna sit for a long time dry in it it's easy to grow mold. I know from personal experience.

Mer-Crazy
03-24-2015, 05:57 PM
I would only use oil for wet gigs because it can be rinsed out easily. If you're gonna sit for a long time dry in it it's easy to grow mold. I know from personal experience.
Thanks Raina :) I only really intend to use my tail for personal use anyway, so it'll be used pretty much exclusively for swimming but it's good to know about the dry gigs.

AniaR
03-24-2015, 06:17 PM
silicone is pretty durable. I just found using coconut oil for dry gigs had it really get in there and it was so hard to get out later lol. A lot of people know coconut oil is great for so many things and can be an antifungal, so they don't think it can grow mold but it actually can. very common thing people don't realize! Just google search for gross pics lol

Felicia
03-25-2015, 03:53 AM
28490So my best buddy bought me this mermaid goblet for my birthday and it totally has merbella scales lol

polyhymnia113
03-25-2015, 04:24 AM
It DOES! So rad!! :D

MermaidMichelle
03-25-2015, 04:27 PM
That is so cool; well-chosen and well-identified! My kudos to you and your friend!

Arella
03-28-2015, 11:43 AM
For people currently waiting on tails what's your day count? :)

Ariel-Starfish
03-28-2015, 12:28 PM

175 atm :)

Vicky Mermaid
03-28-2015, 03:13 PM
307 days today...

Mer-Crazy
03-28-2015, 05:25 PM
227 :)

polyhymnia113
03-28-2015, 05:41 PM

AniaR
03-28-2015, 05:53 PM
Vicki, Polhymnia- that's about what I waited. Last time I checked in with Raven she said she had some tails coming up to that amount that she was working her ass off to finish. So hopefully you'll hear soon :)

And FYI folks I know Tyler has still been doing loads of shows because it keeps coming on fox news! lol Keep in mind he's handling most of the emailing right now so Raven can focus totally on getting the tails done. I know she's really close to getting caught up last time we talked. Hauling tail! lol

Merman Arion
03-28-2015, 06:16 PM
Vicki, Polhymnia- that's about what I waited. Last time I checked in with Raven she said she had some tails coming up to that amount that she was working her ass off to finish. So hopefully you'll hear soon :)

And FYI folks I know Tyler has still been doing loads of shows because it keeps coming on fox news! lol Keep in mind he's handling most of the emailing right now so Raven can focus totally on getting the tails done. I know she's really close to getting caught up last time we talked. Hauling tail! lol

@Raina

Do you know if Raven would be interested in orders for accessories only?
I would like 4 items : 2 necklaces and two belts fit for a merman to match with both tails I own. Would that be not enough for Tyler and Raven?

I sent 3 emails so far but no response yet.

AniaR
03-28-2015, 06:19 PM
well she's not doing emails but unless she has etsy sales to clear out old inventory she's never really done much of that. She does moreso sets for entire outfits which is what the merman necklace you saw is for. That's for someone who was getting a tail and a whole outfit. Occasionally in the past (like maybe twice) she's cleared out old stock. But no, she doesn't normally sell individually like that.

polyhymnia113
03-28-2015, 07:16 PM
Got an update from her today. She's busting her fins to finish and ship it out to me very very soon. I am swooning over the pics of it so far. None are watermarked or show the full tail or I'd share them but I promise to show you guys as soon as she sends me a sharable complete photo. I am coming unhinged. Guessing Vickie's isn't far behind. I knew Tyler was handling emails so I didn't expect to hear a peep and was delightfully surprised and thankful to get a quick update from her.

Vicky Mermaid
03-28-2015, 07:23 PM
Yup that's true! About two weeks ago i recieved a picture of my unpainted tail and heel fins needed to be attached. I got an email from Tyler yesterday that my top also is finished and on the table for painting. So i'm guessing it can't be long now. It's true what they say. The last part is the hardest!!!

polyhymnia113
03-28-2015, 07:29 PM
Oh for sure. I was doing alright until this past week and it's knowing it is so close that just about drives one to madness.

AniaR
03-28-2015, 08:35 PM
yupppp been there done that. The last two weeks of waiting for my new one, my old one bit the dust and I was having nightmares LOL

MermaidMichelle
03-28-2015, 11:58 PM
That must have been disconcerting considering your line of work, Raina! :eye twitch::O_o::help::biting nails:

This is day 411 for me, and while I might have the record mine is a special case. I'm deliberately allowing Raven to work at a properly artistic pace, for she really is an artist and she has been wonderful to me and I shall be honoured to wear one of her ensembles! :cool::swoon::mermaid kiss:

polyhymnia113
03-29-2015, 12:03 AM
Michelle I am dying to see your completed tail. With what Raven manages at her normal pace I imagine what she creates for you with such time and freedom to let her creativity run wild will be nothing short of otherworldly and spectacular.

Mer-Crazy
03-29-2015, 12:18 AM
That must have been disconcerting considering your line of work, Raina! :eye twitch::O_o::help::biting nails:

This is day 411 for me, and while I might have the record mine is a special case. I'm deliberately allowing Raven to work at a properly artistic pace, for she really is an artist and she has been wonderful to me and I shall be honoured to wear one of her ensembles! :cool::swoon::mermaid kiss:

It's gonna be one of those tails that people talk about for a long time.

AniaR
03-29-2015, 12:26 AM
yup^

polyhymnia113
03-29-2015, 12:27 AM
No doubt.

Green Tea Mermaid
03-29-2015, 02:08 AM

Day 263 here! :)

Green Tea Mermaid
03-29-2015, 02:15 AM

I have been patiently awaiting your tail! It's going to be amazing and as someone pointed out, it's going to definitely be a tail we will be talking about and swooning over for a long time!

Vicky Mermaid
03-29-2015, 02:47 AM
Ohh Raina that must have been frustrating. My Thom Shouse tail had to retire a long time ago. Thom repaired her for free every time, but the shipping cost were just to high to ship her back and forward every time. My magic tail is also falling apart. So now i only have my neoprene tail. This one seems to be undistroyable. I already got some request for performances, but i can't accept them because i don't know when my tail and top will arrive.

Michelle i realy have to give you compliments on your patience. Your tail must be a true piece of art.

Felicia
03-29-2015, 02:48 AM
203 for me

Merman Arion
03-29-2015, 03:16 AM
well she's not doing emails but unless she has etsy sales to clear out old inventory she's never really done much of that. She does moreso sets for entire outfits which is what the merman necklace you saw is for. That's for someone who was getting a tail and a whole outfit. Occasionally in the past (like maybe twice) she's cleared out old stock. But no, she doesn't normally sell individually like that.

That's good to know. Thank you :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Mer-Crazy
03-29-2015, 04:36 AM
*GASP* I just got invited to this event called an "Illuminations Festival" going on near me in the middle of the year where they put a bunch of lanterns in a little wading pool. My first thought was 'Oh my gosh I want to take my tail!' It's right around the time it's scheduled to be finished so now I really hope I get it on time now! I'd love to take my tail to this.

ShyMer
03-29-2015, 05:01 PM
That looks amazing! I hope it works out for you, Selene<3

MermaidMichelle
03-30-2015, 12:17 AM
Oh wow! Merci beaucoup polyhymnia13 :mermaid kiss: and Mermaid Selene (that is an amazing light show!) :mermaid kiss: and Raina as always :mermaid kiss: and Green Tea Mermaid :mermaid kiss: and Vicky Mermaid :mermaid kiss: ! I just hope the mermaiding world has need of an Ancient Fire Angel Sea Dragon (though I wonder if I now also have the record for most use of the :mermaid kiss: lol)

Aurellia Gyldenscale
03-30-2015, 10:41 AM

I'm on day 97! =D

Aurellia Gyldenscale
03-30-2015, 10:55 AM
Just saw that Merbellas has altered their wait time online...didn't it used to say between 200-250 days? Now it says 200-300 or later. Just worried that now I won't be receiving my tail in time to work in it at my Renaissance Festival. When I ordered it they had told me the old amount. :(

Aurellia Gyldenscale
03-30-2015, 11:18 AM
Just saw that Merbellas has altered their wait time online...didn't it used to say between 200-250 days? Now it says 200-300 or later. Just worried that now I won't be receiving my tail in time to work in it at my Renaissance Festival. When I ordered it they had told me the old amount. :(

Yeah...just checked my old E-Mails with Tyler and my order was placed/paid for on December 23rd. He had stated that production time was 200-250 days. Which would have placed the tail being finished August 30th at the latest. Just worried now that their Facebook says differently. :/

Vicky Mermaid
03-30-2015, 11:34 AM
When i ordered in may 2014, Raven told me the production time would be 200-300 days...

polyhymnia113
03-30-2015, 12:08 PM
It has been 200-300 days for a while. That is the time I was quoted when I ordered in April 2014.

Aurellia Gyldenscale
03-30-2015, 01:48 PM
It has been 200-300 days for a while. That is the time I was quoted when I ordered in April 2014.

Strange...I may shoot them a message and ask. I don't have any extra fins/custom fluke work/etc, so maybe that cuts down on time quoted?

polyhymnia113
03-30-2015, 01:49 PM
Maybe so. I do have a lot of extra fins.

Mer-Crazy
03-30-2015, 05:03 PM
Strange...I may shoot them a message and ask. I don't have any extra fins/custom fluke work/etc, so maybe that cuts down on time quoted?
That very well may be the case, since Annika got hers in eight months and had a similar case, very basic design with no extra fins or custom fluke work.

Mizuko
03-30-2015, 10:50 PM
I'm only at day 48 of payment, haha, so technically still in the baby stages of waiting. lol! I'm not too fussed about how long it takes; my first merbella tail was 6 months but that was a neoprene-lined one, so I'm guessing 300 days- at least- for a full silicone with fins :)

Felicia
03-31-2015, 12:43 PM
I was quoted 200-250 days when I ordered in September 2014 but I expected a longer wait with their demand and such

MermaidBonnie
04-10-2015, 11:03 AM
142 days here :) I'm still losing my merbaby weight so I'm not ready to give measurements yet. I remember Raven before she made tails, we've had an interesting history through the years to say the least and I'm so excited everything's come around full circle for her to make my new tail! This tail will be so different from my usual look. This tail is to celebrate my new life as a mom. I'm so excited!!!!!! I've only had Mertailor tails before so this will be quite a new experience for me!

polyhymnia113
04-10-2015, 02:38 PM
I received painting updates in the last few days and she's getting very close to being done with my tail. Today is 365 days exactly. Whoever else is close to that wait time, yours is probably very close too!! :)

Vicky Mermaid
04-10-2015, 03:40 PM
I am also waiting for paint updates i'm almost crawling to ceiling upside down. Happy that you got your update, Polyhymnia

Mer-Crazy
04-10-2015, 03:52 PM
Probably a good thing I'm not up to the painting stage yet, since I still have no idea what the flip I want the colours to be haha.

Vicky Mermaid
04-10-2015, 03:57 PM
Still debating, Selene?

Mer-Crazy
04-10-2015, 04:02 PM
Still coming up with new ideas when I can, hoping to stumble across that legendary 'dream tail' colours :lol:

Vicky Mermaid
04-10-2015, 04:33 PM
hmmm good luck dear. I'm sure you will come up with colours you'll love

Mer-Crazy
04-13-2015, 05:45 PM
Because AAHHHHHHHH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo1q8QzMSE8

Yulia
04-13-2015, 05:54 PM
That's the cutest video I've seen for a long time.

Nyx
04-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Awww that is adorable <33

Mermaid Romy
04-13-2015, 06:51 PM
Has there been any more word on the Moon Koi Fish Tail/Auction that got mentioned?

polyhymnia113
04-13-2015, 07:57 PM
I was recently wondering about the Moon Koi as well. Haven't heard anything else since the initial buzz about it.

AniaR
04-13-2015, 08:47 PM
omg hahaha that first clip is me I am so embarrassed.... hahahah so old! But I love those clips of my second mermaid tail ;) where everyone screams haha

it's so amazing seeing everyone on the verge of tears.

Mermaid Wesley
04-13-2015, 09:14 PM
Oh gosh ive seen all of those videos before but when theyre together its amazing <3

Mermaid Alea
04-13-2015, 09:51 PM
That was a great video!!! I got excited just watching! :D

Mermaid Neri Elvina
04-14-2015, 04:08 AM
Omg that video <3

Sent from my Tablet using Tapatalk

Vicky Mermaid
04-14-2015, 06:03 AM
Love that video!!!. I've seen all the unboxing video's over and over and over, But this is so nice!

Mermaid Syaira
04-14-2015, 06:22 AM
That video was very well done!

shimmygoddess
04-14-2015, 04:08 PM
Raven finished my new Atlantis style top. I am so excited. She posted it on Instagram, so I thought I would share it too

https://instagram.com/p/1ddU2PIgWC/?taken-by=merbellastudios

MermaidMichelle
04-14-2015, 05:22 PM
Thank you for doing so! Those Atlantis tops have a wonderful fantasy-civilization quality to them, and yours looks especially appropriate for the Deeps! :mermaid kiss:

That unboxing video was also wonderful; I recognized so many online mer-friends!

annika
04-15-2015, 09:40 PM
it look wonderful!!! and boy i love that video

Vicky Mermaid
04-16-2015, 12:40 AM
Last night i recieved an update from Raven with a progres picture. She is almost finished with the paint job, but i am in love already

OceanWhisper
04-16-2015, 12:41 AM
Pictures Vicky? :D

Vicky Mermaid
04-16-2015, 12:54 AM
Not yet OceanWhisper. She asked me not to share progress pictures. She said she would probably have more photo's tomorrow. As soon as i have a watermarked one i will share it with you guys <3

Aurellia Gyldenscale
04-16-2015, 09:32 AM
Not yet OceanWhisper. She asked me not to share progress pictures. She said she would probably have more photo's tomorrow. As soon as i have a watermarked one i will share it with you guys <3

What colors did you use again? =D So exciting!

Ariel-Starfish
04-16-2015, 10:49 AM
So funny I have two secondes in the total video : D Cause I'm tot an 'OMG - screaming' kind of person xD And it's weird doing that all by yourself in front of a camera.

Vicky Mermaid
04-16-2015, 11:23 AM
What colors did you use again? =D So exciting!

My tail will be in Pearl white, iridescent green/pink/gold tones
I was inspired by the tail Raven was wearing when she met Raina on her holiday.

AniaR
04-16-2015, 01:55 PM
Ohhhhh!!!

Vicky Mermaid
04-16-2015, 05:03 PM
Yeah and it is gorgeous!!! At least thats my opinion :) I also recieved a picture of the top. Simply breathtaking! I am so over the moon in love with it!

AniaR
04-16-2015, 09:41 PM
it was the first two tails she ever made in silicone...!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/524213_10151610764765425_493579485_n.jpg?oh=3f8218 2b993859cb3d1b735456f001f0&oe=559B8D92&__gda__=1436514166_7c0de6389c739029add05937d65a797 0

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/529248_10151610765940425_1397609826_n.jpg?oh=8d6c8 7e5d14e222592052bf1914fed7d&oe=55DDD04F&__gda__=1437076372_f68119c82eb6546a299c80c292143b7 a

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/380318_10151610774955425_113355403_n.jpg?oh=ecb9ff 11a30f225eb6ee51eae7249404&oe=55990FCA&__gda__=1440921085_1f0f88cbf2b13d8d7aa65aeae97aa7c b

Mermaid Alea
04-17-2015, 12:48 AM
Wow amazing no wonder she got into tail making! That color combo is just so nice looking I think it is one of my all time favorite color mixes on a tail.

OceanWhisper
04-17-2015, 01:02 AM
Okay ^.^ I understand :) I know Raven wants the pictures watermarked before she shows them publicly :) can't wait though!

Vicky Mermaid
04-17-2015, 01:34 AM
Yes! Those are the colours! I really didn't know to choose between this, or a Splash tail. But each time i imagened myself swimming in it, i saw myself in the other one. She didn't made it exactly the same like hers, but it is gorgeous!

Mermaid Alea
04-17-2015, 01:50 AM
I can't wait to see it! :)

Anahita
04-17-2015, 04:07 AM
I always loved that green and pearl tail! I'm so excited to see another one with a similar color scheme!

Felicia
04-17-2015, 05:06 PM
That has always been one of my favorite tails! So pretty!

Vicky Mermaid
04-18-2015, 09:07 AM
OMG i know this must be because my tail is nearly finished, but i'm suddenly freaking out here. Did i measure correct? what if it doesn't fit, what if the monofin is to small, what if what if what if.....:O_o::O_o::O_o::O_o:
Sounds familiar?

Merman Arion
04-18-2015, 09:12 AM
OMG i know this must be because my tail is nearly finished, but i'm suddenly freaking out here. Did i measure correct? what if it doesn't fit, what if the monofin is to small, what if what if what if.....:O_o::O_o::O_o::O_o:
Sounds familiar?

VERY familiar! ;)

I used to feel the same when I got my two Finfolk tails :p

Vicky Mermaid
04-18-2015, 09:47 AM
Wauw Arion. You went there twice. I don't know if i can handle this again!!!

Aisling
04-21-2015, 10:07 AM
-exhales-

My final payments have been made. My tail will have a complimenting seashell top and I'm so excited. Nervous, but excited.

-squeaks-

polyhymnia113
04-21-2015, 10:10 AM
Sounds familiar?
Oh yeah. I had the same series of worries /panic. I keep remeasuring myself and checking my original email to her. Haha.

MermaidMichelle
04-21-2015, 02:23 PM
I do the same thing!

Vicky Mermaid
04-21-2015, 05:06 PM
@Polyhymnia did you receive more updates? I guess your tail is ready or almost ready for shipping?

Ariel-Starfish
04-22-2015, 10:04 AM
I hit the 200 days mark! :yay: Just (roughly) 100 to go :)

polyhymnia113
04-22-2015, 11:54 AM
@Polyhymnia did you receive more updates? I guess your tail is ready or almost ready for shipping?
I did. The colors needed some tweaking and she's still painting. Very very close though.

Vicky Mermaid
04-22-2015, 01:53 PM
I did. The colors needed some tweaking and she's still painting. Very very close though.

Ohhh just a little bit longer

polyhymnia113
04-22-2015, 03:19 PM
:D I know! I'm keeping busy to distract myself. It isn't working.

Vicky Mermaid
04-22-2015, 05:37 PM
I know the feeling!!!!

Mer-Crazy
04-22-2015, 06:25 PM
It gets a little like that doesn't it haha. You see your tail for the first time in pictures and your brain snaps a little and you just wanna crawl through the computer screen and hold it. Well at least I did. Does that make me creepy?

Mer-Crazy
04-23-2015, 05:10 AM
Okay so I have a question that has probably been answered before but I'd like to ask it again anyway:

What product exactly should one use for repairing small holes/ cuts in a Merbella tail? (Preferably with a link to the product?) I know I could ask Raven but I figured I'd get a quicker response here, and I didn't want to bother her.

Mermaid Jaffa
04-23-2015, 06:08 AM
Okay so I have a question that has probably been answered before but I'd like to ask it again anyway:

What product exactly should one use for repairing small holes/ cuts in a Merbella tail? (Preferably with a link to the product?) I know I could ask Raven but I figured I'd get a quicker response here, and I didn't want to bother her.

Sugru! https://sugru.com/

I ordered some last week and it arrived yesterday.

Arella
04-23-2015, 08:38 AM
Is that a product she recommends?

PearlieMae
04-23-2015, 09:39 AM
Sugru might be a little stiff...(and did you know you can make your own Sugru by adding cornstarch to silicone caulking?)

Vicky Mermaid
04-23-2015, 10:51 AM
For your basic tail Selene?

AniaR
04-23-2015, 11:52 AM
There is stuff raven recommends but trade secret ;) so you can email her! But you can also order a sample size of dragonskin :)

Vicky Mermaid
04-23-2015, 02:52 PM
Raina how is your blended waist holding up since the repair? (And btw congrats on winning the contest:pearl:)

AniaR
04-23-2015, 03:05 PM
Fantastic! You can barely see the fixes. It is more obvious than before because its thicker where I fixed it. But there are pics on my fb you can see I'll post em later

AniaR
04-23-2015, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the congrats on the contest too ;) things are nuts here!

So, here's the update on my waistline. Raven walked me through how to fix it and what supplied to use. Even gave me diagrams! Basically instead of fusing the two ripped sides back together I created a new piece to go in between the rip and blend back in. It made the waist a wee bit looser but we figured this was better than having a big ol scar down the center, and a stress spot. So it took a day of meticulous layering and pigmenting but it worked out great. If you look at it closely you can see the seam but it's more a texture thing. Mainly because I couldn't get exactly what Raven used, just another slightly different version of it. The spot is thicker than the rest of the waist so it sits up higher against my skin which sometimes gives me a little divet in my belly so you see a tiny shadow. Also, because I essentially made the waist bigger it gapes now a little bit at the back. But personally now that I've had it like this I find it much easier than skin tight. Skin tight looks sooo good but tanks soo long to get on and I'd be terrified of damaging it again with how quick and often I take this thing off. I gave Raven all that feedback and all my pics of the whole process so she is going to continue refining and experimenting with waist lines to see what works best in the long run :)

Here's some updated pics:

https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11018581_1042658612435548_6125608544036513023_n.jp g?oh=83f6e46ed335b0768a9a7df1f0d43aea&oe=55A58AE4

You can see ever since I did the change like I said, it gaps a little at the back

https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/s960x960/11149618_1042092735825469_77546793845350137_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/11022414_928674460497344_8129999542542432934_o.jpg

I'll try and get more pics soon but I'm reallllly proud of myself for handling this on my own! If you look closely at this last one you can see the V shaped seam

MermaidMichelle
04-24-2015, 12:44 AM
Ooooo so much adorability! A little baby mermaid riding on/playing with a big beautiful adult mermaid with a well-repaired tail! :mermaid kiss:

Vicky Mermaid
04-24-2015, 01:50 AM
I think you did an amazing job! If you look at the waist real real close you can see a little seam, but if you didn't tell i wouldn't notice. i'm glad it turned out so good!!! Be proud of yourself!

Little_Orca
04-24-2015, 10:36 PM
Just hit my 75 day mark. :) Got an email, but not sketches yet. That is all right. I am patient and have things I need to work on in return. Just an update from me.

Mer-Crazy
04-24-2015, 11:00 PM
I'm, personally, super excited to see Mermaid Michelle's, Polyhymina and Vicky's tails since there's are all so close!!!

Plus I think mine is in the batch after them... though there maybe someone just in front of me... Felicia maybe? Gah it's all so exciting!

Arella
04-24-2015, 11:08 PM
Yeah I sent her an email asking :) I'm on day 170!

Felicia
04-25-2015, 04:53 AM
I'm, personally, super excited to see Mermaid Michelle's, Polyhymina and Vicky's tails since there's are all so close!!!

Plus I think mine is in the batch after them... though there maybe someone just in front of me... Felicia maybe? Gah it's all so exciting!

I'm on day 231 right now, and last time I heard from Tyler,back in February, he said I was in the next batch to come up so we are probably in the same batch Selene (edit: *Mer-crazy* I hadn't realized you changed your name lol)

Mer-Crazy
04-25-2015, 07:48 AM
I'm on 25-something so yeah we're probably in the batch after Polyhymina and Vicky. And yeah, I decided to change it back to my original name because I can't settle on a proper mermaid name haha.