PDA

View Full Version : Merbellas Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

PearlieMae
08-25-2015, 11:53 AM
Weak. I have a more original theory : sleepwalking.

http://replygif.net/i/628.gif

edit: :hug:

Mermaid Andrina
08-25-2015, 08:42 PM
Thanks merley! I sent you a visitor message on here, that may be why you didn't get an email. I can just picture the lifeguards faces as they watch a beached mermaid crawling desperately for the ocean! Hahaha

MermaidMichelle
08-25-2015, 11:37 PM
it sounds like all of you are pregnant, but like ridiculously pregnant.

Then I shall make mention of the fact that Fire Angel Sea Dragon eggs take quite a long time to incubate..... :pearl::cthulhu::nocomment::meditation:

P.S. Aurellia, your page looks lovely! :cheerleader:

Aurellia Gyldenscale
08-26-2015, 08:54 PM
<3 Thanks love! She messaged me back btw! The tail is constructed and awaiting painting! Woooooooooo! Hoping to get it before Halloween so I can have the best Halloween present ever! I feel the contractions starting. ;)

Also...Merfellas. Yes. Just yes.

Felicia
08-26-2015, 11:35 PM
<3 Thanks love! She messaged me back btw! The tail is constructed and awaiting painting! Woooooooooo! Hoping to get it before Halloween so I can have the best Halloween present ever! I feel the contractions starting. ;)

Also...Merfellas. Yes. Just yes.

I'm jelly, I've been waiting on a reply for quite a while now, but I did just resend my email today so hopefully soon!

Kitson
08-27-2015, 03:59 AM
Hi. everyone. May I know if Marbellas is still accepting orders for making mermaid tail? As I've tried to send them message via email and facebook also got no reply.

Mermaid Kassandra
08-27-2015, 05:05 AM
Hi. everyone. May I know if Marbellas is still accepting orders for making mermaid tail? As I've tried to send them message via email and facebook also got no reply.

I'm sorry but at the moment they don't.
As advice try always to have a look at their Facebook page, they always write when they have a spot open for an order.

Kaila Mermaid
08-27-2015, 09:30 AM
Jax has a merFELLAS tail! And not gonna lie, it's bitchin. 32546

Kaila Mermaid
08-27-2015, 09:31 AM
Huh... She didn't watermark this one :/ no steals!

Mermaid Wesley
08-27-2015, 02:03 PM
I looove jax's tail. It's so fantasy and masculine (especially on him but that's a different story) anyways merfellas are rad. RAD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merman Arion
08-27-2015, 03:00 PM
I prefer Merbellos but that's just me :p

Celaeno
08-27-2015, 03:03 PM
I prefer Merbellos but that's just me :p

Merfellas makes me think of 1930s gangsters, or the Lobster Mobster from the Little Mermaid tv series. Merbellos makes me think of dapper Italian mermen...

Merman Arion
08-27-2015, 03:17 PM
Merbellos makes me think of dapper Italian mermen...

There you go. I rest my case.

AniaR
08-27-2015, 09:21 PM
merbellos sounds like a fancy cigar lol

Celaeno
08-27-2015, 09:50 PM
merbellos sounds like a fancy cigar lol

Or a restaurant.

Mermaid Mystery
08-27-2015, 10:53 PM
merbellos sounds like me with nose plugs on lol

Mer-Crazy
08-28-2015, 02:18 AM
Made me think that we can call the fancier mermen amongst us Merfellas haha

Mermaid Wesley
08-28-2015, 10:08 PM
[emoji212]

frozenbutterflywings
09-03-2015, 08:50 AM
I hit 150 days today lol now only 215 till I hit a year. Patiently waiting sucks but it's worth it :D

Ariel-Starfish
09-03-2015, 09:02 AM
Just hit 11 months today :yay:

Mer-Crazy
09-04-2015, 02:41 AM
I've been trying to get in touch with Raven about maybe starting my tail soon. No response so she must be super busy haha :)

polyhymnia113
09-04-2015, 05:04 AM
Ariel - ahhh you are SO close!! I'm anxious for you!

Mer-Crazy - she will write you when she begins it, she will, but I know the anticipation meanwhile is crazy.

AniaR
09-04-2015, 08:34 AM
yeah I havent heard anything in a while, sorry folks!

Merman Arion
09-04-2015, 08:53 AM
Well, at least, none of you is suffering from back pain, boobs sore and nausea in the morning. I would say it's rather a "pregnancy" going well LOL :lol:

Mer-Crazy
09-04-2015, 07:02 PM
Mer-Crazy - she will write you when she begins it, she will, but I know the anticipation meanwhile is crazy.

Yeah but it's a bit of a different situation for me haha. Since I'm already over a year waiting and Raven has actually been waiting on ME to finalise my design (I'm very indecisive haha) and it's finally all worked out in my head.

Mermaid Sirenia
09-04-2015, 08:04 PM
Well, at least, none of you is suffering from back pain, boobs sore and nausea in the morning. I would say it's rather a "pregnancy" going well LOL [emoji38]
Lol😂 a merbellas pregnancy, that's great! Though I wonder if they're getting any weird food cravings

MerEmma
09-05-2015, 12:43 AM
Are you guys busy decorating the new tail-room? What colors have you decided on? :P

Mermaid Meraki
09-05-2015, 11:05 PM
I talked with Tyler Thursday, He shipped my tail out that day - they both told me they've been totally swamped lately. my tail will be here Friday after 434 days total :D I'm SUPER EXCITED.

Felicia
09-06-2015, 02:00 PM
I've officially hit 1 year today, luckily its gone by rather fast for me! Unfortunately the summer has already left us so I was unable to do any gigs this year :( but I know it'll be worth it

saborigakusei
09-06-2015, 08:15 PM
Hello everyone! I'm fairly new; I joined the forum in February but haven't gotten on much until now.

I ordered and sent payment to Raven in June, so I figured I'd join the thread! She's already sent me (drop dead gorgeousssss) sketches and has received my measurements.... but in reading the posts here it looks like some of you have been waiting almost a year and she hasn't even started the tail yet? :sweat drop:

Gotta admit, that makes me a little nervous... But Raven's an amazing person and I know she'll come through. It'll be worth the wait in the end!

Still, I wish the estimated wait time would be a little more accurate on their FB, so people would know what to expect.

Anyway, great to meet you all! I look forward to hearing about everyone's updates as well as sharing my own~ ^_^

AniaR
09-06-2015, 08:40 PM
Yeah I'll remind them next time we chat to update their FB!

Mer-Crazy
09-07-2015, 05:24 AM
I've officially hit 1 year today, luckily its gone by rather fast for me! Unfortunately the summer has already left us so I was unable to do any gigs this year :( but I know it'll be worth it
My summer is swiftly approaching and I'm freaking out that I may go another one without a tail. I was hoping to have it but now, October would be great but probably not gonna happen and anything after my birthday (late November) I'd be super bummed. I mean I don't want her to rush at all, and I don't mind the wait but I'd just be really disappointed if I missed the summer.

Merman Arion
09-07-2015, 05:39 AM
My summer is swiftly approaching and I'm freaking out that I may go another one without a tail. I was hoping to have it but now, October would be great but probably not gonna happen and anything after my birthday (late November) I'd be super bummed. I mean I don't want her to rush at all, and I don't mind the wait but I'd just be really disappointed if I missed the summer.

I hate to break it to you and I don't mean to sound like a jerk but you kind of should have thought of that before.

I understand very much that you are undecided about your design, it's your dream tail and you should get something you paid for.

I hope everything will work out for you. Hugs.

Mermaid Kelda
09-07-2015, 06:39 AM
^ She said earlier on that she's decided on her design though, so the ball's in Raven's court now. She's waited longer than a lot of other people so I think it's fair enough to be disappointed.

Merman Arion
09-07-2015, 06:48 AM
^ She said earlier on that she's decided on her design though, so the ball's in Raven's court now. She's waited longer than a lot of other people so I think it's fair enough to be disappointed.

I looked up and you're right. I missed the post where she said she finally worked out a design. My bad.
Nevertheless, Mer-Crazy, I really cross my fingers and my fins that things will work out the way you would like them to. Hopefully, you will hear from them soon.

frozenbutterflywings
09-07-2015, 08:49 AM
I don't even have a sketch yet and I paid in April :( of course I did send in a concept sketch. She must be super Swamped.

AniaR
09-07-2015, 12:19 PM
Good luck everyone. I know the rain set them back a lot and she's just been motering. Not even loggin on FB lol. I hope everyone gets their dream tails soon!

Mer-Crazy
09-07-2015, 05:23 PM
No hard feelings at all Arion <3 Plus the thing I had to decide on was my fluke, and Raven offered to let me have the lunar koi one (we saw a sketch way back) but because I am bad at visualising images on paper in real life I asked if I could wait to see the silicone version. When we spoke she said it should be finished July sometime so that's where I got the times from in my head haha. But the rain delayed a lot and I got to see it the other day and finally make my choice :)

Green Tea Mermaid
09-08-2015, 11:38 AM
I am now on day 426 of my Merbella wait. I haven't heard from Raven in 2 months, but patiently waiting. If I don't hear from her soon I'll probably send out another email. Just wanted to give you guys an update for everyone who is waiting on a tail.

Merman Arion
09-08-2015, 12:56 PM
I am now on day 426 of my Merbella wait. I haven't heard from Raven in 2 months, but patiently waiting. If I don't hear from her soon I'll probably send out another email. Just wanted to give you guys an update for everyone who is waiting on a tail.

426 days??
I'm wondering if that's the longest merbella "pregnancy" ever :thinks:

Mer-Crazy
09-08-2015, 04:59 PM
Nah I think mermaid Michelle still holds that title (ordered in Febuary last year) so she'd be on at least 558 days (I counted from the first of March). But wow Green Tea that's a long time! Makes me extra worried about my tail now haha. I think I just have to calm down a little and be patient again.

PearlieMae
09-08-2015, 05:06 PM
I think everyone, myself included, has grossly underestimated just how long it takes to make a beautiful tail.

I have yet to hear any other complaint about a Merbellas other than the time it takes to make one. Unboxing videos just prove the depth and breadth of the artistry that Raven does, so don't get your panties in a bunch, take a deep breath and be patient.

Go clean your room. It'll get there when it's ready

:D

TritonsGuard
09-08-2015, 06:17 PM
Very well said PearlieMae.

When you are dealing with art, rushing it can very easily ruin it. This happens often in the video game industry, and it leads to disappointment.
Remember, she is making something functional yet beautiful, and there will never be anything exactly like it ever again. Sure, the methods for making your tail are the same as her others, but that is like saying every painting has the same methods.

It took Michelangelo 4 years to paint the Sistine Chapel, and that was with help. Raven may have a lot of people lined up, but that is the sign that she knows what she is doing. Take heart in the fact that you will get your tail, and I am betting for you it will be far more then worth the wait.

In the mean time, don't think as if your life is on hold till you get it. If you have another tail, go for a swim, and with others if you can. Perhaps you can become a very strong swimmer, so that when you finally do get your tail, you'll be closer to being the mermaid or merman that you want to be.

AniaR
09-08-2015, 07:42 PM
I think people forget, I had the first Merbellas tails EVER and still waited a year hahaha. I am one of her closest friends and still waited almost a year for a second (only got it slightly sooner because I got someone to pick it up for me) She's never been fast hahaha.

But I know, it's hard anyway. We lucked out when we bought the used ones, our company needed more desperately. It would have been nice to have all customs to fit everyone and be unique designs but we couldnt afford the money or the time. Some day!

I feel for you all. Waiting SUCKS. There's no way around it. it just sucks lol

frozenbutterflywings
09-08-2015, 11:03 PM
Is Mermaid Michelle still waiting? Cause wow that's a very long time lol

saborigakusei
09-08-2015, 11:29 PM
I guess I just don't understand why it takes so long for the tails to get started? 300+ wait time for production I can deal with, I understand why and that it'll be worth it. It just seems weird to me to take orders for something that won't be started on until almost a year later.

I really don't want to seem like I'm complaining, I'll be a good little mer and wait patiently, I promise! It just came as such a shock to me, since I thought I'd send in my three thousand and she'd get started right away haha. I'd appreciate any insight to this! :)

Green Tea Mermaid
09-09-2015, 12:42 AM
Nah I think mermaid Michelle still holds that title (ordered in Febuary last year) so she'd be on at least 558 days (I counted from the first of March). But wow Green Tea that's a long time! Makes me extra worried about my tail now haha. I think I just have to calm down a little and be patient again.

Yeah, MermaidMichelle definitely holds the longest record and most anticipated tail. I can't wait to see hers! :D

Green Tea Mermaid
09-09-2015, 12:57 AM
For the record, there was a situation with my tail and if not for that I may have had my tail by now. She had gotten a new printer, which printed my colors wrong and she went off the printed concept. When I was sent pictures of my tail it was not the correct color. I am not at all upset because I get accidents happen it's just taking time to fix. Again, not worried because I am sure I'll be happy in the end and as others have said the weather in FL has been sucky. :)

Spindrift
09-09-2015, 01:27 AM
I guess I just don't understand why it takes so long for the tails to get started? 300+ wait time for production I can deal with, I understand why and that it'll be worth it. It just seems weird to me to take orders for something that won't be started on until almost a year later.

I really don't want to seem like I'm complaining, I'll be a good little mer and wait patiently, I promise! It just came as such a shock to me, since I thought I'd send in my three thousand and she'd get started right away haha. I'd appreciate any insight to this! :)
High demand + large workload + prior commitments.
Raven does other things besides make tails too.
I haven't heard of anyone who never received a tail before.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

PearlieMae
09-09-2015, 11:34 AM

If you want a Merbellas tail (or Pearlie Mae tail, for that matter), you send your money to secure your place in the production line-up. Because if you don't, someone else surely will. And you'll be waiting even longer for a spot you'll never get.

If you don't want to wait, there are lots of other tailmakers just waiting to make a tail for you.

Mermaid Wesley
09-09-2015, 01:26 PM
Yeah. There's a huge wait list and the only way to get on it is to send money. That way she doesn't have to deal with people shuffling around or changing their mind and making wait list management hellish.

This is sortof my own opinion but I would share a google doc with clients that has the wait list in order. That way they could check and see estimations for when theirs might be ready. But the fact of the matter is, this is how it works.

Merman Arion
09-09-2015, 01:44 PM
I'm wondering something :thinks:

Would it be very upsetting to any of you waiting that someone who just got a spot for a merbella tail would be willing to pay a rush fee so she could get it before yours?

Just to clarify, it's an hypothetical question. I'm not talking about me or anybody else.

Theta
09-09-2015, 02:02 PM

Would it be very upsetting to any of you waiting that someone who just got a spot for a merbella tail would be willing to pay a rush fee so she could get it before yours?

Just to clarify, it's an hypothetical question. I'm not talking about me or anybody else.

I think that's one of the reasons why she keeps quiet on her production schedules for people's tails (there's no list where you can see where you are on her calendar, as people have suggested she have in the past.) She does do rush orders, but since each tail is unique and she works on several at once, that could mean everything or nothing to other people's tails. It's best not to make them upset.

That being said, I'm the asshole who would totally pay a rush fee to get my tail bumped up the line. (Just to clarify, I have not done that, but if I had a big gig or something on the horizon, I'd throw in extra on top to get it done. I might not admit to that on the forums, just to keep people from getting upset, though.)

Mer-Crazy
09-09-2015, 05:10 PM

I think that since she doesn't accept rush orders all the time, then theoretically I should be upset if someone got in after me as got their tail before I got mine... But that has actually happened during my wait time (I can't remember her name though) and it didn't bother me at all. If anything I got more annoyed when I ordered my first tail and someone who didn't pay a rush fee but ordered months after me got theirs way before I did. I mean this time it's different, since I delayed my production with my indecisiveness but the first time when my design was set a week after I ordered then I was a little annoyed.

frozenbutterflywings
09-09-2015, 05:43 PM
I wouldn't be completely annoyed unless it delayed sognificantly but then again they did pay extra so they have every right to get a little ahead.

AniaR
09-09-2015, 06:17 PM
It takes a while to start because people are already in front of you when you pay. Theres a faq i helped them write on fb that explains it all

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

AniaR
09-09-2015, 06:18 PM
Yeah. There's a huge wait list and the only way to get on it is to send money. That way she doesn't have to deal with people shuffling around or changing their mind and making wait list management hellish.

This is sortof my own opinion but I would share a google doc with clients that has the wait list in order. That way they could check and see estimations for when theirs might be ready. But the fact of the matter is, this is how it works.

That would breach confidential info and would create issues with them needing to use their discretion. Plus, no other industry do you get to see who is ahead of you when you place an order for an item.

Mermaid Wesley
09-09-2015, 07:06 PM
That would breach confidential info and would create issues with them needing to use their discretion. Plus, no other industry do you get to see who is ahead of you when you place an order for an item.

Mm that's true.

PearlieMae
09-09-2015, 08:21 PM

Thanks, Raina. Didn't get a chance to respond to that.

Vrindavana Starfish
09-09-2015, 08:32 PM
I would totally pay a rush fee and not feel badly about it one bit. In fact, I intend to. If I earned the money to pay for one of her tails, I would earn more for the rush fee, because I believe it's worth it. I'm still going to have to wait, but by the time I order, I'll have some video or film project in mind that will be dependent on the tail being done by a certain time. So, yeah, I'll pay the fee. Also, as an artist, I will bump up a client if they need something to be finished sooner and have paid me more. That's business. Raven is running a business and it only makes sense for her to allow for rush orders if someone is willing to pay.

PearlieMae
09-09-2015, 08:59 PM
Take into consideration that some tailmakers won't do rush orders because THEY aren't comfortable with bumping clients because someone has money to throw around.

Vrindavana Starfish
09-09-2015, 09:38 PM
They have every right to make that decision, one way or the other.

Mer-Crazy
09-09-2015, 10:46 PM
I would totally pay a rush fee and not feel badly about it one bit. In fact, I intend to. If I earned the money to pay for one of her tails, I would earn more for the rush fee, because I believe it's worth it. I'm still going to have to wait, but by the time I order, I'll have some video or film project in mind that will be dependent on the tail being done by a certain time. So, yeah, I'll pay the fee. Also, as an artist, I will bump up a client if they need something to be finished sooner and have paid me more. That's business. Raven is running a business and it only makes sense for her to allow for rush orders if someone is willing to pay.

I spoke to her about rush orders a little once and she actually said she prefers not to take them, that she won't unless she absolutely has to and if she has a choice between taking a rush order or a normal order she'll take the normal one. It's just easier on her when she's not rushed and I've found the more patient you are with her the more grateful she is.

MermaidMichelle
09-10-2015, 01:22 AM
I can attest that this is very true; Raven has already offered me a transparent blended waist free of charge! :pearl: Due presumably to my patience, she has called me her "peach"!

Is Mermaid Michelle still waiting? Cause wow that's a very long time lol

Yes, I am still waiting, and so far as I know my physical tail has not yet been started (though I received sketches in the middle of last year). I am very happy that Mer-Crazy, Green Tea Mermaid and everyone else remember me so easily and that my mermaid tail/outfit is so hotly (see what I did there?) anticipated! It is very reassuring to have your encouragement, and if you are all anywhere near as wonderful as SeaGlass Siren was when I met her last week, I am very glad there are so many fish in this sea! :mermaid kiss:

Mermaid Meraki
09-10-2015, 01:38 AM
My tail will be here in two days, one day once it ticks past midnight here (California)- my total time is 434 days. Last we talked she has said she was absolutely swamped. I didn't even get a picture of it with fins attached, I just have the ones before that.32807

Felicia
09-10-2015, 01:45 AM
My tail will be here in two days, one day once it ticks past midnight here (California)- my total time is 434 days. Last we talked she has said she was absolutely swamped. I didn't even get a picture of it with fins attached, I just have the ones before that.32807

I adore your tail!

Mer-Crazy
09-10-2015, 01:55 AM
It is a true angler fish tail <3

Merman Arion
09-10-2015, 02:08 AM
I am still waiting, and so far as I know my physical tail has not yet been started (though I received sketches in the middle of last year).

Seriously?? :jawdrop:

Mermaid Meraki
09-10-2015, 03:16 AM
That's just the belly! The top is purple and stripes and more eyes!32809

SeaGlass Siren
09-10-2015, 07:01 AM
Meraki I vant to make love to your tail. Wow that detail.

also, mermaid Michelle, my niece adores you! Perhaps you bribed her with those bearcandy. ;)

AniaR
09-10-2015, 11:31 AM
Seriously?? :jawdrop:
Michelle willingly took a longer wait time as her tail is so elaborate Raven had to create protoype as well as test and recreate new things. I was going to have some of the same stuff but when it wasnt quite working I passed on waiting and opted for simpler. As far as i know she is still testing aspects

Vrindavana Starfish
09-10-2015, 01:51 PM
oooh! pretty!!

Luna Dreamtide
09-10-2015, 07:12 PM
Oh my gosh. That's stunning. Is that an altered Angler fluke?

Mermaid Meraki
09-11-2015, 08:47 AM
Oh my gosh. That's stunning. Is that an altered Angler fluke?

why, yes yes it is! <3

Mermaid Meraki
09-11-2015, 08:48 AM
GUYS - IT'S OUT FOR DELIVERY AND ON THE WAY TO MY HOUSE!!! OMG! I FEEL LIKE A THOUSAND MILLION BUTTERFLIES RIGHT NOW!!

frozenbutterflywings
09-11-2015, 09:17 AM
Congrats Mermaid Meraki!!! I'm so excited for you!!

Mermaid Alea
09-11-2015, 12:56 PM
Ooh I can't wait to see how the fins move!

Felicia
09-11-2015, 04:05 PM
GUYS - IT'S OUT FOR DELIVERY AND ON THE WAY TO MY HOUSE!!! OMG! I FEEL LIKE A THOUSAND MILLION BUTTERFLIES RIGHT NOW!!

Super jelly right now :P

Mermaid Meraki
09-11-2015, 04:08 PM
IT'S HEREEEE!!! OMG OMG OMG 32872

Mermaid Mystery
09-11-2015, 04:43 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAA

PearlieMae
09-11-2015, 04:54 PM
Tail tease! :biting nails:

Mer-Crazy
09-11-2015, 04:58 PM
Can't wait to see the unboxing!!! And the swimming!!! And the everything!!!

Mer-Crazy
09-11-2015, 04:59 PM
Sometimes I worry Merbellas is like a drug... For those of us who can't have it all the time these little snippets from others is all we get haha.

Mermaid Meraki
09-11-2015, 05:58 PM
AGHHH SHE'S AMAZING!!328733287432875

Seraphina Suds
09-11-2015, 06:15 PM
Wooooooow @3@

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

saborigakusei
09-11-2015, 06:31 PM
STOOOPPPPP OMG I CAN'T HANDLE IT :DDD

so happy for you, your tail is stunning! :33 Can't wait to see a swim vid!

now back to waiting for mine, heh...

frozenbutterflywings
09-11-2015, 07:15 PM
It's gorgeous!!! Congrats!!!

Vrindavana Starfish
09-11-2015, 07:21 PM
Wow! That is a cool design. You must be freaking out happy right now!

Mermaid Mystery
09-11-2015, 08:32 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Mermaid Wesley
09-11-2015, 09:25 PM
lovely<3

Keiris
09-11-2015, 10:25 PM
WOWWWWW!!!! FINTASTIC!!!

AniaR
09-11-2015, 10:56 PM
wow amazing. that angler lure!!!

Mizuko
09-11-2015, 11:31 PM
wow that is so incredible!!! Love it!! :D Congratulations!!

SeaGlass Siren
09-11-2015, 11:48 PM
:swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon:

Cove
09-11-2015, 11:57 PM
Absolutely stunning!!:jawdrop:

Mermaid Neri Elvina
09-12-2015, 05:59 AM
TOO MUCH TAIL JEALOUSY AHHHHH :swoon:

Sent from my XT1021 using Tapatalk

Mermaid Meraki
09-12-2015, 06:24 AM
Those pictures just don't do the colors justice, it's so bright and iridescent. My fluke has angler lures too, I took her out for the first swim tonight. I just couldn't wait, it was the most natural thing I've ever done. It gives me so much speed underwater that my lungs have no bother to warn me before I surface. It's amazing and I'm totally in love.

SeaMansa
09-12-2015, 06:31 AM
the colors on that tail are amazing!

Ariel-Starfish
09-12-2015, 06:40 AM

I JUST DIED :swoon:

Arella
09-12-2015, 09:37 AM
That is gorgeous and so unique!

Toxotes
09-12-2015, 03:45 PM
That's an awesome tail, I'm speechless... :jawdrop:

Theta
09-14-2015, 03:09 PM
It's beautiful!!!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of it in the water !!!!!!

Mermaid Meraki
09-14-2015, 09:15 PM
I just couldn't wait to swim in her, finally made up my mind to last night and I couldn't be happier. It's amazing and I'm in love. I'm really EXCITED about sharing my adventures with everyone and getting to be the reason for smiles on faces 32949 32950

Mer-Crazy
09-14-2015, 09:19 PM
So amazing! Did you make an unboxing video?

Mermaid Meraki
09-14-2015, 09:25 PM
Not yet, I have to redo it as my mother was being sailor mouthed and a lot less then pg and totally being loud and rude the whole time.

Aisling
09-14-2015, 09:27 PM
I received another update from Raven today. I just thought I'd keep people in the know. She let me know that she's been very swamped trying to work around the weather.

Merley
09-14-2015, 11:58 PM

I wasn't crazy about this tail when I saw the first picture Raven posted of it. But seeing it now and assembled, it's truly incredible. Such detail and those colors. I love your dorsal fin. Congrats, you must be beyond stoked.

Kitson
09-15-2015, 12:32 AM
I just couldn't wait to swim in her, finally made up my mind to last night and I couldn't be happier. It's amazing and I'm in love. I'm really EXCITED about sharing my adventures with everyone and getting to be the reason for smiles on faces 32949 32950

soooo amazing!

Mermaid Neri Elvina
09-15-2015, 07:30 AM
Wow!!!

OceanWhisper
09-15-2015, 11:57 PM
OMG that is stunning!!!! :swoon:

MermaidMichelle
09-16-2015, 01:03 AM
Meraki, your tail is freaky-amazing (I especially like those ultra-realistic fins around your waist) and you are beautiful in it! A night swim is very appropriate for a deep-sea angler such as yourself, yet while you look lovely on the surface someone needs to take an underwater side-shot of you fully submerged! :cthulhu::eyepop:

Raina is quite right; mine is a highly-experimental outfit and thus I must continue to be patient and rack up hopefully a wait-time record that shall never be broken! :clap::hail::clap::hail::clap::meditation:

Meraki I vant to make love to your tail. Wow that detail.

also, mermaid Michelle, my niece adores you! Perhaps you bribed her with those bearcandy. ;)

I am indescribably happy that she is so fond of me! Perhaps she likes how I was mentioned on a show guest-starring Rapunzel's voice (Mandy Moore) when my being a potential 'transgendered' nun was such big news.... :cool:

Aurellia Gyldenscale
09-16-2015, 03:56 PM
Eeeeee! It looks so fantastic! I always love seeing a new tail brought into the world. <3

polyhymnia113
09-16-2015, 04:07 PM
Oh wow it turned out so splendidly! What a gorgeous gorgeous tail! Stunning! Raven is a wonder!

Merley
09-16-2015, 06:10 PM
Poly, when are we going to see pictures of you in your tail? I haven't seen any yet, unless I missed it somewhere. Also, has anyone ever tried to replace the bra back on their Merbella top? I made a thread about it here (http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?11856-Merbella-Top-Modding&p=214631#post214631). I rather crowd surf some answers before bothering Raven about it.

AniaR
09-18-2015, 09:08 PM
Who owns the starry night koi tail? Cuz holy sea-cow... you need to post your pictures (obviously, when you're ready) like omg.

Every single tail raven makes just makes me want more lol. SOME OF YOU ARE SO TALENTED WITH YOUR DESIGNS LIKE OMG.

Felicia
09-18-2015, 09:37 PM
So I was told my tail had started construction 3.5 months ago and haven't heard anything since, gunna be honest here... I'm going insane... O.o

AniaR
09-18-2015, 10:26 PM
when you see the ones that were ahead of you... I think it'll make sense. That angler one is a great example lol

Felicia
09-19-2015, 12:42 AM
when you see the ones that were ahead of you... I think it'll make sense. That angler one is a great example lol

I know, still can't help being a bit anxious is all. I know it'll be so worth it and I'm definitely not trying to rush her, just going alittle crazy :P

Mer-Crazy
09-19-2015, 12:57 AM
I know, still can't help being a bit anxious is all. I know it'll be so worth it and I'm definitely not trying to rush her, just going alittle crazy :P
I know the feels Felecia <3 We can be crazy together :)

Felicia
09-19-2015, 01:07 AM
I know the feels Felecia <3 We can be crazy together :)

Atleast we will have each other lol <3

Ariel-Starfish
09-19-2015, 02:41 AM
Atleast we will have each other lol <3

Can i join? Hitting a year in 2 weeks. :p

lynsea
09-19-2015, 09:42 AM
Probably shouldn't post photos from Raven's personal account right? Wait till you guys see this next tail. The painting and sculpting details are out of this world (hint hint)!

Ashton
09-19-2015, 12:45 PM
I love watching Raven's work. It really could be classified as magical.

Mermaid Neri Elvina
09-19-2015, 01:28 PM
I think if its watermarked then its ok? Don't quote me on that though

lynsea
09-19-2015, 04:01 PM
I'll hold off on posting until she or the owner is ready.

AniaR
09-19-2015, 04:37 PM
I already asked her if I could post it. I think the owner of the tail is here on mernetwork and the image also isnt watermarked. So let's wait and leave it up to the owner of the tail :) or if Raven posts it on merbellas page. But yes, that's what I was referencing. Holy sea cow. I have tail envy

lynsea
09-19-2015, 07:04 PM
I already asked her if I could post it. I think the owner of the tail is here on mernetwork and the image also isnt watermarked. So let's wait and leave it up to the owner of the tail :) or if Raven posts it on merbellas page. But yes, that's what I was referencing. Holy sea cow. I have tail envy

Did you see the close up picture of the bra against the tail? The scale detail going into the fluke is amazing! I don't think I've ever seen a more detailed tail sculpt job.

Ashe
09-19-2015, 08:36 PM
The suspense is killing me aha, I get so excited when theres new tails ;)

Starfrit
09-19-2015, 09:02 PM
Hhnngghh, all this talk about the new tail is driving me crazy! I wanna seeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Luna Dreamtide
09-19-2015, 10:06 PM
This sounds amazing. Dying to see this new tail!

Felicia
09-20-2015, 01:23 AM
Can i join? Hitting a year in 2 weeks. :p

Sure!

Mermaid Neri Elvina
09-20-2015, 06:41 AM
Did you see the close up picture of the bra against the tail? The scale detail going into the fluke is amazing! I don't think I've ever seen a more detailed tail sculpt job.
[emoji47] I need to see this omg!!!

Merman Arion
09-20-2015, 07:09 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/J1wbz4sRsVJ84/giphy.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbgckbH8rj1riqizno1_500.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/yv6FofnB9t1rG/giphy.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/82b39115a574c49deda1bc92efb373a2/tumblr_mzg0tiGmBt1ra3xlqo1_500.gif

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2hQUkmBj_Q8/U9JpuOE7DjI/AAAAAAAAJfo/s6vdL6-LeOA/s1600/Wednesday.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/06de321738c175c27f391cd2960d2e48/tumblr_n3q2cynxk61s9f3p1o1_400.gif

https://media0.giphy.com/media/9EuG8bg3yzhzq/200.gif

https://media3.giphy.com/media/1IBuyjtVuV6G4/200.gif

Mermaid Neri Elvina
09-20-2015, 08:01 AM
Oh Arion that sums it up completely [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

SeaGlass Siren
09-20-2015, 09:01 AM
XD !! America LOL

polyhymnia113
09-20-2015, 04:55 PM
Poly, when are we going to see pictures of you in your tail? I haven't seen any yet, unless I missed it somewhere. Also, has anyone ever tried to replace the bra back on their Merbella top? I made a thread about it here (http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?11856-Merbella-Top-Modding&p=214631#post214631). I rather crowd surf some answers before bothering Raven about it.
Soon! Promise! Things have beem a bit non stop in life since the tail arrived with work, travel, and a cross country move upcoming next week. I have some excellent pics of it from a recent trip I took with it that should be ready soon. I'll post that and my review (now that it has been the requisite amount of swims and time) and unboxing vid as soon as I get moved. :)

polyhymnia113
09-20-2015, 05:07 PM
Oh Arion, hahaha, yeah that pretty much nails it.

Mermaid Riia
09-20-2015, 05:20 PM
http://media2.giphy.com/media/OEdWJ7hTNVW8/giphy.gif

Aisling
09-20-2015, 11:45 PM
Who owns the starry night koi tail? Cuz holy sea-cow... you need to post your pictures (obviously, when you're ready) like omg.

Every single tail raven makes just makes me want more lol. SOME OF YOU ARE SO TALENTED WITH YOUR DESIGNS LIKE OMG.

This might be me? It fits the description(s) but I don't think I can check which one you're talking about.
-hides-
*added: if it is me I haven't posted pictures because I haven't been given explicit permission.

Mer-Crazy
09-21-2015, 12:07 AM
This might be me? It fits the description(s) but I don't think I can check which one you're talking about.
-hides-
*added: if it is me I haven't posted pictures because I haven't been given explicit permission.
It probably is you Aysel :) The tail looks VERY similar to the design of the one in your Avatar and some of us have seen the pictures posted on Raven's personal FB account.

Aisling
09-21-2015, 12:16 AM
It probably is you Aysel :) The tail looks VERY similar to the design of the one in your Avatar and some of us have seen the pictures posted on Raven's personal FB account.

I'd be happy to confirm one way or the other if someone could send me an image link privately? I'd only be worried that it might be a breach of privacy if it isn't​ my tail.
Edit/Add: If someone has seen it, I could just send them the image(s) I have of my tail and they could confirm if it is the one being spoken about?

Confirmation achieved, it is my tail (thank you Mer-Crazy!). ^-^;
I'm going to ask Raven if I may show the photos here. <3

Ariel-Starfish
09-21-2015, 03:25 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/J1wbz4sRsVJ84/giphy.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbgckbH8rj1riqizno1_500.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/yv6FofnB9t1rG/giphy.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/82b39115a574c49deda1bc92efb373a2/tumblr_mzg0tiGmBt1ra3xlqo1_500.gif

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2hQUkmBj_Q8/U9JpuOE7DjI/AAAAAAAAJfo/s6vdL6-LeOA/s1600/Wednesday.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/06de321738c175c27f391cd2960d2e48/tumblr_n3q2cynxk61s9f3p1o1_400.gif

https://media0.giphy.com/media/9EuG8bg3yzhzq/200.gif

https://media3.giphy.com/media/1IBuyjtVuV6G4/200.gif

THIS !! :D :D

Ariel-Starfish
09-21-2015, 03:32 AM
Sorry to just bust in the conversation... But I can't take it anymore :( I almost hit a year of waiting and I reached my limit. I know Raven is extremely busy and stuff, but I'm just going mad not hearing anything about my order. It feels like I don't care anymore... I'm not exited anymore etc. I'm going in a sort of tail waiting depression :/ pff.

Aisling
09-21-2015, 05:06 AM
Sorry to just bust in the conversation... But I can't take it anymore :( I almost hit a year of waiting and I reached my limit. I know Raven is extremely busy and stuff, but I'm just going mad not hearing anything about my order. It feels like I don't care anymore... I'm not exited anymore etc. I'm going in a sort of tail waiting depression :/ pff.

-sends feely good vibes-
"Just keep swimming. . .!" or in other words, "Hang in there."
Maybe try to go back through your order / any images involved in its put together? See if you can get re-inspired?

Mermaid Kelda
09-21-2015, 05:38 AM
Ariel, when I was waiting for my Finfolk tail, I had a folder of inspiration images and designs that I could look at whenever I was feeling down. I didn't have to wait nearly as long as you have, but if you haven't already it might be something to keep yourself excited :)

Ariel-Starfish
09-22-2015, 08:43 AM
Thanks girls! But I think I'm at a stage where I already tried everything :rollover:

SeaGlass Siren
09-22-2015, 10:11 AM
i remember that feeling when my house was delayed (i know, totally not a mermaid tail but anticipating something you've made a huge purchase on and then waiting an extremely long time for is can be BLAAAGH)

Ariel-Starfish
09-22-2015, 01:40 PM
Exacly! Like, I know I have to be patient. But I just had it I guess :( I'm not Mermaid Michelle! XD If I would know in wat kind of process my tail order is in atm. (Like; constructed but not painted, ready to be painted, first layer of paint is on etc etc) It would be such a relief! ��

Aisling
09-22-2015, 06:14 PM
I have images that I am able to share now!

Mermaid Syaira
09-22-2015, 06:18 PM
HOLY CARP! That tail is stunning!

Ashton
09-22-2015, 06:43 PM
Ah-mazing!

Ashe
09-22-2015, 07:01 PM
The detail is mind blowing! Gorgeous fluke, too :)

Luna Dreamtide
09-22-2015, 07:01 PM
Oh my gosh! That is stunning! The colours and the markings and that fluke is gorgeous. You must be so happy with it!

polyhymnia113
09-22-2015, 07:04 PM
*jawdrop* that is spectacular. Breathtaking! Wowowowowowww.

Merman Arion
09-22-2015, 07:12 PM
omg... I can't! :fallover:

That tail is a masterpiece, the painting is gorgeous.

Mermaid Galene
09-22-2015, 07:16 PM
Wowee!

Aisling
09-22-2015, 07:32 PM
Raven has been graciously dealing with my inability to speak English when it comes to her work. Resulting in just very happy tears, "Thank you," and the over-usage of, "Amazing," or, "Wonderful." xD
I am so, so incredibly happy about it. I'm looking forward to making an unboxing video and being able to write up a review (and all the performance/shoots). I'm just so grateful.

Raven mentioned that it's her widest fluke she's made thus far (I remember reading people's comments on liking the fluke). All the "stars" have UV paint. So they'll all glow in proper setting.

Yulia
09-22-2015, 08:23 PM
That truly is fantastic.

http://img.picturequotes.com/2/19/18158/my-god-its-full-of-stars-quote-1.jpg

mersheep
09-22-2015, 08:48 PM
Well worth the wait, just to see the images, words are not enough ...

AniaR
09-22-2015, 09:08 PM
well, it finally happened. We're no longer the only Canadians with merbellas lol. I think it's just us, another BC mermaid, and you! It looks freaking amazing and I am so happy for you, and totally jealous you came up with such a mermazing design because I suck at designs haha

It seems the general wait time for Merbellas at this point is a year + which I believe is on par with finfolk give or take a month or two depending on complexity.

Aisling
09-22-2015, 09:21 PM
well, it finally happened. We're no longer the only Canadians with merbellas lol. I think it's just us, another BC mermaid, and you! It looks freaking amazing and I am so happy for you, and totally jealous you came up with such a mermazing design because I suck at designs haha

It seems the general wait time for Merbellas at this point is a year + which I believe is on par with finfolk give or take a month or two depending on complexity.

Raina, your tail(s) is stunning and you always have such wonderful makeup and style for your photos. :3 Give yourself a little credit! <3
Edit to add: For some reason I thought there were more Canadians with Merbella tails than that. o.o

SeaGlass Siren
09-22-2015, 11:04 PM
There Is a merbellas seaweed top that she just posted up that is perfect for my tail and in my cup size. That is the top that I want. I just sent her an email.

lynsea
09-22-2015, 11:50 PM
Haha, yeah now everyone gets to see the tail Raina and I were torturing you with. That first picture though... see that detail? It's just perfect.

Mermaid Wesley
09-23-2015, 12:32 AM
not my style but wow art <3

Mermaid Mystery
09-23-2015, 12:43 AM
AAAAA OH MY GOD

Keiris
09-23-2015, 01:14 AM
It's absolutely BREATHTAKING! Congrats Aysel!

Felicia
09-23-2015, 02:19 AM
That tail is stunning!

Ariel-Starfish
09-23-2015, 02:24 AM
HOLY COW! :jawdrop:

Mermaid Neri Elvina
09-23-2015, 04:05 AM
:jawdrop: :swoon: :drool: Aysel that is stunning oh my gosh ajajsbbwjcjdvbxbsh

Harpress
09-23-2015, 04:20 AM
Jaw drop!!!! Absolutely Stunning!!! 💕💞

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Aisling
09-23-2015, 08:39 PM
​I am super, super excited. xD <3 Thank you everyone.

Winged Mermaid
09-23-2015, 10:21 PM
SO AMAZING!
Also fyi.. I MAY have heard that Raven wants to make a lunar koi, but only has time to if someone orders it ;) C'mon people... you know you wanna!!! I would but I'm so broke haha :P

Ariel-Starfish
09-24-2015, 03:33 AM
Eeeeeeeek! I got a message my tail will be started for painting hopefully next week! Urgh I'm so happy I know something now!

Raven also finished my matching headdress :swoon: I love it so much!

Mer-Crazy
09-24-2015, 03:47 AM
Can we get a sneak peek at this head dress? ;)

Luna Dreamtide
09-24-2015, 04:20 AM
Did anyone get that lovely teal seaweed top?

frozenbutterflywings
09-24-2015, 07:59 AM
Lunar koi sounds amazing!!! I did order my tail but haven't finalized a design lol it's so tempting :)

OceanWhisper
09-24-2015, 08:28 AM
*ohmystars* AYSEL WOW!! No words for how breathtaking your tail is!! Raven is truly a fricken' goddess with making tails *AGHHH* I swear she has magical powers or something!

Felicia
09-24-2015, 08:56 PM
I got an update today! I'm in the painting process, also got a picture of my top �� so freaking stoked!

Madison MerFaerie
09-24-2015, 09:29 PM
SO AMAZING!
Also fyi.. I MAY have heard that Raven wants to make a lunar koi, but only has time to if someone orders it

What is a lunar koi? Just googled it and the results are all over the place... I'm just curious.

AniaR
09-24-2015, 09:37 PM
well it was called a moon koi but another mermaid took issue with her calling it a moon koi mermaid -_- so we came up with lunar koi

SeaGlass Siren
09-24-2015, 09:39 PM
Did anyone get that lovely teal seaweed top?
Wasn't me I never got an email back

Madison MerFaerie
09-24-2015, 09:47 PM
Is it a solid color with a spot on its head? I am still coming up with mixed results on google. Haha, sorry I'm not a fish expert.

Madison MerFaerie
09-24-2015, 09:48 PM
Wasn't me I never got an email back
Crappers, I saw that you responded to it and I was really really hoping you would get it. Would have been way perfect for you and your tail. :(

SeaGlass Siren
09-24-2015, 10:01 PM
Tell me about it lol. It's ok I'll make me a top.

Aisling
09-24-2015, 10:04 PM
Is it a solid color with a spot on its head? I am still coming up with mixed results on google. Haha, sorry I'm not a fish expert.

It isn't a real world fish (to knowledge). It's is fantasy / fictional.

Tell me about it lol. It's ok I'll make me a top.

I'm sorry you didn't get it. D:

Madison MerFaerie
09-24-2015, 10:09 PM
It isn't a real world fish (to knowledge). It's is fantasy / fictional.

Oh, ok. If she potentially has an open spot specifically for that tail it would be nice to know what that might actually look like. I mean, I literally haven't the slightest clue.

AniaR
09-25-2015, 12:12 AM
She posted designs a long time ago along with related set. Back in this thread. Lol. I told her to make up a new post so people know the details.

She also had an order cancellation and only way she can refund since the tail is started is to finish the tail with someone else's design and sell it ( since $$ was used to purchase materials and time already invested) so may be a chance soon for someone to jump line... Or she may finish it with her own design and put it up for auction. So keep eyes peeled

Mermaid Kelda
09-25-2015, 04:51 AM
For those who haven't seen it:

http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?3783-Merbellas-Thread&p=168920&viewfull=1#post168920

https://www.facebook.com/MerBellaStudios/photos/a.186311664758255.47942.178589958863759/850986721624076/?type=3

https://www.facebook.com/MerBellaStudios/photos/a.186311664758255.47942.178589958863759/848819958507419/?type=3

https://www.facebook.com/MerBellaStudios/photos/a.186311664758255.47942.178589958863759/841311722591576/?type=3

https://www.facebook.com/MerBellaStudios/photos/pb.178589958863759.-2207520000.1443170964./840928225963259/?type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-prn2%2Ft31.0-8%2F10865963_840928225963259_8389256770888756167_o .jpg&smallsrc=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-xal1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F10940574_840928225963259_8389256770888756167_n .jpg%3Foh%3D44ab5e67f1178514bc2abbb75e0b70ac%26oe% 3D569BA78B%26__gda__%3D1453812700_4c63e969a10a35f9 b5e5edfb24d54955&size=2048%2C1384&fbid=840928225963259

Madison MerFaerie
09-25-2015, 12:28 PM
Thank you, Kelda!

Mermaid Cecelia
09-25-2015, 03:06 PM
That design!! So beautiful, I wish I had the money

Vrindavana Starfish
09-25-2015, 03:12 PM

For those who haven't seen it:

http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?3783-Merbellas-Thread&p=168920&viewfull=1#post168920

https://www.facebook.com/MerBellaStudios/photos/a.186311664758255.47942.178589958863759/850986721624076/?type=3

https://www.facebook.com/MerBellaStudios/photos/a.186311664758255.47942.178589958863759/848819958507419/?type=3

https://www.facebook.com/MerBellaStudios/photos/a.186311664758255.47942.178589958863759/841311722591576/?type=3

https://www.facebook.com/MerBellaStudios/photos/pb.178589958863759.-2207520000.1443170964./840928225963259/?type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-prn2%2Ft31.0-8%2F10865963_840928225963259_8389256770888756167_o .jpg&smallsrc=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-xal1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F10940574_840928225963259_8389256770888756167_n .jpg%3Foh%3D44ab5e67f1178514bc2abbb75e0b70ac%26oe% 3D569BA78B%26__gda__%3D1453812700_4c63e969a10a35f9 b5e5edfb24d54955&size=2048%2C1384&fbid=840928225963259

I said I'd be willing to pay a rush fee for her work, and I'd still be willing, but omg these designs are so worth waiting a year + for. You mers are so lucky!

Starfrit
09-25-2015, 05:23 PM

:swoon: The texture details on the fluke spines are fin-omenal!

Ariel-Starfish
09-28-2015, 12:15 PM
I got a message two days ago and Raven is making my top! :yay: after that she would contact me about color scemes and stuff. I AM BEYOND HAPPY!!

PearlieMae
09-28-2015, 12:40 PM
Good! Now you have nothing to complain about! :lol:

Ariel-Starfish
09-28-2015, 12:44 PM
Good! Now you have nothing to complain about! :lol:

Gotcha! Hay - The 5th of october I'm hitting a year of waiting :p lol can I please?

MermaidMichelle
09-28-2015, 03:20 PM
Exacly! Like, I know I have to be patient. But I just had it I guess :( I'm not Mermaid Michelle! XD

Noone​ waits for a mermaid tail like Michelle!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnC8GIiutyo

(Skip to 2:32) I'm happy to read that you are feeling better, Ariel! :mermaid kiss:

Aysel, you saw how much I liked your tail on Facebook, and learning that each of those stars are UV-reactive gives me immense hopes for my own tail (as it means that Raven will likely go into considerable detail). Yours is like a living sea reflecting the starry night above and reminding me of the image of one of my very favourite Everway vision cards from way back in 1996 ("A Touch of Strange"; one of the three mermaid-themed illustrations):

By the power vested in me by my smidgeon of Dutch royal blood, I hearby dub thine The Star Sea Tail.

Merenneito Nerissa
09-28-2015, 03:31 PM
She posted designs a long time ago along with related set. Back in this thread. Lol. I told her to make up a new post so people know the details.

She also had an order cancellation and only way she can refund since the tail is started is to finish the tail with someone else's design and sell it ( since $$ was used to purchase materials and time already invested) so may be a chance soon for someone to jump line... Or she may finish it with her own design and put it up for auction. So keep eyes peeled

Way too exciting!!!

Aisling
09-29-2015, 10:10 AM
Aysel, you saw how much I liked your tail on Facebook, and learning that each of those stars are UV-reactive gives me immense hopes for my own tail (as it means that Raven will likely go into considerable detail). Yours is like a living sea reflecting the starry night above and reminding me of the image of one of my very favourite Everway vision cards from way back in 1996 ("A Touch of Strange"; one of the three mermaid-themed illustrations):

By the power vested in me by my smidgeon of Dutch royal blood, I hearby dub thine The Star Sea Tail.

-squeaks from under rock-
♥ Thank you. The illustration is really beautiful. I'm going to have to remember it.

Aurellia Gyldenscale
10-01-2015, 10:56 AM
Just wanted to pop in and tell you all how much I appreciate this community. It is so amazing to have a group of people to celebrate, commiserate, and be generally silly with. You all rock! :mermaid kiss:

MermaidMichelle
10-01-2015, 11:58 PM
Aysel, you are very welcome! Aurellia, the feeling is mutual!

Thank you everyone for your kinds words regarding my patience; I feel like a legend in my own time! :mermaid kiss:

Fifi Tigg
10-02-2015, 02:36 AM
My Merbella tails little fins ripped about 3cm at the bottom and I used some Selleys Glass Silicone sealant to glue it back together with great success! Just thought I would share for those that can't get their hands on Dragon skin silicone ;)

Winged Mermaid
10-02-2015, 04:17 AM
Glad you fixed it no problem! :) Dragonskin wouldn't bond anyways, since the tail is past the green period. It would just peel off. It's best to use silicone caulking or silpoxy- Info is in the tail care maintenance thread if anyone forgets btw ;)

Merley
10-02-2015, 06:42 AM
My Merbella tails little fins ripped about 3cm at the bottom and I used some Selleys Glass Silicone sealant to glue it back together with great success! Just thought I would share for those that can't get their hands on Dragon skin silicone ;)

Hey Fifi, is selleys the brand or the store name? I'm here I'm Australia and just reopened an old tear at the waist band. I'm hoping to repair it before my meetup. Not sure where Busselton is in relation to Brisbane, but you should come too if it's not too far. I'd love to meet you. Kelda and Mer-Crazy will be there as well.

Mer-Crazy
10-02-2015, 06:55 AM
Hey Fifi, is selleys the brand or the store name? I'm here I'm Australia and just reopened an old tear at the waist band. I'm hoping to repair it before my meetup. Not sure where Busselton is in relation to Brisbane, but you should come too if it's not too far. I'd love to meet you. Kelda and Mer-Crazy will be there as well.
Busselton, unfortunately, is on the opposite side of the country (trust me I'd be visiting more if she were close haha)

SeaGlass Siren
10-02-2015, 08:18 AM
Aysel, you are very welcome! Aurellia, the feeling is mutual!

Thank you everyone for your kinds words regarding my patience; I feel like a legend in my own time! :mermaid kiss:
Well you WERE named after Tiamat :P I wouldn't be surprised if the legendary rubbed off into you. Vaguely remember mentioning if Joan of arc too. Also legendary.
i imagine once your tail arrives it will also be legan-waitfioritandihopeyourenotlactoseintolerantbecause-DARY

Fifi Tigg
10-02-2015, 09:34 AM
I would love to meet you Merley and Mer-Crazy but alas I'm on the other side of the country :(
And Selleys is the brand name ;)

Ariel-Starfish
10-03-2015, 04:30 AM
I'm just going to leave this here ;)

https://instagram.com/p/8WMMB9ogVj/

saborigakusei
10-03-2015, 10:50 AM
Ugh, she is such a goddess<3333

Does anyone else think of her as their Mer-Mother? lol

Vrindavana Starfish
10-03-2015, 01:10 PM
She's just so freaking talented and awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkW2mnFT5No

Except, I don't know if she'd even fin-slap anyone in the face.

Ariel-Starfish
10-04-2015, 12:41 PM
Not that anyone cares, but today I hit a year of waiting! :jester: I'm quite calm but still beyond exited about the finished product! :yay:

Ashe
10-04-2015, 12:50 PM
Nah, people care! That's a big feat to wait that long for your dream tail! Congrats for pushing through :D

Felicia
10-04-2015, 01:31 PM
Not that anyone cares, but today I hit a year of waiting! :jester: I'm quite calm but still beyond exited about the finished product! :yay:
We should make a club for all the people who have waited a year or long, we could have jackets and stuff lol but on a serious note, I'm excited for you! It's takes a lot not to go insane... unless you're Michelle, she's got some mad waiting skills :P

saborigakusei
10-04-2015, 04:42 PM
I both do and don't want to join that club LOL.

I've only been waiting a few months, and I've decided not to keep an exact count until I get some news about my tail actually being started. Otherwise I'd just go insane. xD

In the mean time, just gonna focus on making a fabric tail to keep me distracted!

AniaR
10-04-2015, 07:29 PM
I caught up with Raven briefly and she's accomplishing a crap load of work. LOL. I'd keep an eye on her page as she's planning on sending out photos to people and updating it. I also offered to help clean up her FAQ so it's more reflective of current standings. So all you hopefuls should start seeing things soon!

Felicia
10-05-2015, 01:09 AM
I both do and don't want to join that club LOL.

I've only been waiting a few months, and I've decided not to keep an exact count until I get some news about my tail actually being started. Otherwise I'd just go insane. xD

In the mean time, just gonna focus on making a fabric tail to keep me distracted!

I can definitely understand that lol

I caught up with Raven briefly and she's accomplishing a crap load of work. LOL. I'd keep an eye on her page as she's planning on sending out photos to people and updating it. I also offered to help clean up her FAQ so it's more reflective of current standings. So all you hopefuls should start seeing things soon!

Ohhh yay!!! I'm excited to see what all she's been up to!

Ariel-Starfish
10-05-2015, 01:42 PM
Awwh thanks everyone! It's just sometimes I have the feel that when I post something, I don't get much replay :p haha.

OMG YEAH! :yay: :cheerleader:

AniaR
10-05-2015, 09:51 PM
Not sure if I said it here, but I am visiting Raven for our combined birthdays in November. I will be stealing her for a day or two cuz of birthdays and the fact I never get to Florida. So if you see pics, she's not slacking! Just enjoying her bday and mine :) I can't wait.

Ashe
10-05-2015, 10:51 PM
The woman deserves a break! All I can imagine her doing is working her tail off. I remember last year when she wasn't doing so well and she took a few days off, came back crazy about tails as ever :)

AniaR
10-05-2015, 11:29 PM
https://scontent.fyhz1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlt1/v/t1.0-9/12115426_967230189999728_1832232458730171109_n.jpg ?oh=9567d6fe5c1776d4a388ddf544e170c4&oe=56A0296D

frozenbutterflywings
10-05-2015, 11:30 PM
Have you guys seen that gorgeous seaweed top she just posted? It's so colorful and iridescent ❤️

Ashe
10-05-2015, 11:42 PM
That's insane :swoon:

OceanWhisper
10-05-2015, 11:52 PM
Not sure if I said it here, but I am visiting Raven for our combined birthdays in November. I will be stealing her for a day or two cuz of birthdays and the fact I never get to Florida. So if you see pics, she's not slacking! Just enjoying her bday and mine :) I can't wait.

Yay! You guys both deserve a rest ^.^ have fun!

OceanWhisper
10-05-2015, 11:54 PM
https://scontent.fyhz1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlt1/v/t1.0-9/12115426_967230189999728_1832232458730171109_n.jpg ?oh=9567d6fe5c1776d4a388ddf544e170c4&oe=56A0296D
OHMYLORD that's STUNNING. IT'S LIKE SHE CAPTURED A GALAXY *Flail* :fallover: :swoon: :fallover:

Felicia
10-06-2015, 02:41 AM
Mim excited for you Raina!! Also that top is so freaking beautiful

Ashton
10-06-2015, 11:14 AM
i love the color of the seaweed top. just stunning.

Arella
10-06-2015, 11:53 AM
I just posted my Merbella+Top for sale in the classifieds email me at mermaidarella@gmail.com if you are interested http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?11969-Merbella-Tail-Top-for-Sale&p=217414#post217414

Vrindavana Starfish
10-06-2015, 12:11 PM

Happy early birthday for both of you! I hope we see pics.

Green Tea Mermaid
10-07-2015, 06:05 PM
Does anyone know whos that is? It's very pretty.

AniaR
10-07-2015, 06:31 PM
it's a canadian mers! not one of mine tho ;)

SeaGlass Siren
10-07-2015, 06:39 PM
I seriously want to put that top in my mouth. It's just.. Ugh <3

Green Tea Mermaid
10-07-2015, 06:40 PM
it's a canadian mers! not one of mine tho ;)

Congratulations to them! So gorgeous. What a lucky mer! :)

Dancing Fish
10-07-2015, 07:03 PM
Wow, that top is frankly astoundingly beautiful. Want!

Princess Pearl
10-07-2015, 07:17 PM
I seriously want to put that top in my mouth. It's just.. Ugh <3

I'm very glad I am not the only one that has this reaction. It belongs to my friend Mermaid Ula- you can check out her Facebook at www.facebook.com/mermaidula

Ashe
10-07-2015, 07:20 PM
It really is gorgeous though, is it actually iridescent or is Raven just a kickass painter? Ah, just looks like a bunch of galactic seaweed.

Green Tea Mermaid
10-07-2015, 09:27 PM
Okay, so I am on the fence about whether to bring up something or not. I am hoping it doesn't come off the wrong way because I am not at all trying to be whinny. I am just looking to get others opinion/perspective on the matter without causing unnecessary drama and seeing how others would feel about something. What do you think?

Mermaid Lunette
10-07-2015, 09:32 PM
Okay, so I am on the fence about whether to bring up something or not. I am hoping it doesn't come off the wrong way because I am not at all trying to be whinny. I am just looking to get others opinion/perspective on the matter without causing unnecessary drama and seeing how others would feel about something. What do you think?

if you think it is just a valid concern you want advice you shouldn't be afraid to bring it up ^_^ although it is a good practice to browse around briefly if your issue has been answered or advice has already been given on the concern ^_^

Ashe
10-07-2015, 09:36 PM
I am just looking to get others opinion/perspective on the matter without causing unnecessary drama and seeing how others would feel about something.
I just want members to read this one right here. Got it? Good.

In any case, yeah! If it is something you feel needs to be said and you are looking for some opinions, go for it! That is what these forums are made for :)

Starfrit
10-07-2015, 09:42 PM
It really is gorgeous though, is it actually iridescent or is Raven just a kickass painter? Ah, just looks like a bunch of galactic seaweed.

I definitely think you shouldn't feel afraid to bring up concerns. There's loads of people here who'd be happy to help you out!

Ashe
10-07-2015, 09:50 PM
Tieri, looks like you accidentally quoted my post instead of Green Tea's ;)

Green Tea Mermaid
10-07-2015, 10:43 PM
Okay here goes. As a reminder, I am just looking for others insight/opinion/perspective I am not here to start a fight.

Most of you know I've been waiting for my tail for a while. 455 days to be precise. Back on June 30th I received pictures of my painted tail. I was so disappointed because my tail was nothing like what we had discussed and the coloring was way off. I've had issues with both my tail/tops with getting a true teal color, I even sent her a swatch of teal in an email so she could see that shade/color teal I was looking for. She had to repaint one of my tops and even then it was still more turquoise/blue rather than deep teal, but I couldn't bring myself to tell her. So I looked on the bright side, she had made me a headdress and necklace for me. Raven added in seahorses to them because we had talked about including them because they are my favorite animal and my necklace and headdress were adorable! :) Following the pictures of my tail, I spent the next few days trying to figure out the nicest way possible to tell her this was nothing like the tail I thought I would be getting. I am very patient and I have no problems with Raven or the time I have waited because I'd rather wait and love my tail then rush her and just think it's okay. Plus Raven has been very pleasant to talk with, so I was very worried about offending her. I finally wrote an email out to her discussing the changes and problem with color and such. I received a response pretty quick on July 12th and she admitted the colors were off on the tail and explained that the new printer she had printed the colors wrong and she had gone off the printer copy rather than the actually design. She explained further that she had also come to her own conclusion that the metallic silver tipping that was supposed to be on the fluke was very flat and matte looking and she had already ordered a more metallic/chrome for it. Happy with this response I put my mind at ease that Raven had this under control and I had/have nothing to worry about. I sent out an email enquiring about an update on Aug 12th, then again Sep 19th, then on Sep 22nd I received a reply from Tyler. I was told that I should expect pictures within the week. Here we are on Oct 7th and I have yet to see anything since the pictures on June 30th. Then today I notice, Mermaid Ula's top and couldn't help but feel a little upset about what's going on with my order. Her top is the exact color that I've been trying to get my tail painted and the exact color of my concept art from Raven. In fact, the color is so close that the necklace posted with her top is actually mine. Let me state I have no problem with the fact that Mermaid Ula has the same color scheme, as many mer share popular colors, so that's not my issue. However, frustration got the better of me today because I have yet to see anything about my repaint and then yesterday this top is posted and I am kinda losing the battle over here with being patient. Trying to do my best.

Here are the pictures so you can get an idea of what I am talking about.

AniaR
10-07-2015, 10:59 PM
A few tips: color shows up different across devices and screens unless everything is color calibrated. That means your camera, scanner, pc etc and hers. Otherwise there is no way to guarantee the colors and teal is one of the worst.

Tyler answers emails and has been away. Raven mentioned to me about working on a repaint tail, I assume that is yours! So I wouldn't worry.

Ula has been waiting a super long time for her top too. I think it is just coincidence. Raven posted my top with other peoples jewelry too ;)

The thing about Raven is she won't stop til you're happy so be honest. I've never ever heard of her getting mad. She'd rather work her butt off and have a happy client, than have the client say nothing and get a bad review!

Mermaid Lunette
10-07-2015, 11:11 PM
hmm, the top might actually be helpful, since you see the colors you want on the top then you can also use that as a reference to give to raven incase she still hasn't gotten the colors you want just yet, now you have an exact reference that she made herself so as long as you make sure to say the color on the top is what you want? so now you know for a fact she can achieve the colors you want and she has a direct product she can reference if you point it out to her.

AniaR
10-07-2015, 11:35 PM
Smart idea

Mermaid Alea
10-07-2015, 11:45 PM
hmm, the top might actually be helpful, since you see the colors you want on the top then you can also use that as a reference to give to raven incase she still hasn't gotten the colors you want just yet, now you have an exact reference that she made herself so as long as you make sure to say the color on the top is what you want? so now you know for a fact she can achieve the colors you want and she has a direct product she can reference if you point it out to her.

x2 I was thinking this as well. I would look at this as a positive thing. Let Raven know that the seaweed top she recently created is exactly the color you are looking for.

I also agree with Raina about colors changing from one device to another. This week I was working on some animation and when I imported my art into the animation program the colors (especially the teal) was wayyy off! So even on the same computer I had color changing issues. I fixed the problem by converting from CMYK to RGB.

Green Tea Mermaid
10-08-2015, 12:43 AM
Thank you AniaR, Mermaid Lunette, and Mermaid Alea. I really just needed to get it off my chest and talk it out. So I appreciate it. AniaR I know in terms of the top she had issues with how teal looked on her computer which is why it was painted blue/aqua and why I sent the swatch. The tail was the printer. Oh, the joys of technology. Lol. I thought about shooting her an email with the suggested content, but was worried it would come off wrong or that I was coping Mermaid Ula's design/colors. Also, I am debating on waiting till I see the repaint to even bring it up. What do you guys think?

Mermaid Lunette
10-08-2015, 12:54 AM
Thank you AniaR, Mermaid Lunette, and Mermaid Alea. I really just needed to get it off my chest and talk it out. So I appreciate it. AniaR I know in terms of the top she had issues with how teal looked on her computer which is why it was painted blue/aqua and why I sent the swatch. The tail was the printer. Oh, the joys of technology. Lol. I thought about shooting her an email with the suggested content, but was worried it would come off wrong or that I was coping Mermaid Ula's design/colors. Also, I am debating on waiting till I see the repaint to even bring it up. What do you guys think?

you could always shoot her a message along the lines of "just curious, does the (insert colors here) that you have repainted my tail match this top? turns out these are the exact colors i want."

if raven finishes the repaint and it is still the wrong color when you now have the right reference it will probably take longer. Just make sure it is all about informing her and stuff, shouldnkt be a problem, donkt see why she would get upset ^^ you are just letin her know what you want so she can give it to you without wasting time :)

Mer-Crazy
10-08-2015, 03:52 AM
I say definitely tell her ASAP since otherwise you will probably have to wait longer on the off chance she used the exact right colours you were after plus it will also save Raven time having to repaint it. I don't think she will mind using those colours either since they're the ones you wanted from the get go plus she's amazing at putting unique spins on similar colour schemes :)

Green Tea Mermaid
10-08-2015, 11:18 AM
Thanks everyone for your input.It's very much appreciated. I'll go ahead and send out an email today. Wish me luck. ;)

polyhymnia113
10-08-2015, 12:25 PM
I had almost the exact same experience color-wise and spent two days worrying myself physically ill about how to tell her the colors were all wrong despite being right in her original sketch and us having communicated about them a lot. When I finally wrote her she was very sweet and understanding about it and worked closely until she got it right. Ultimately I still ended up with colors that are a bit different than what I originally planned for or her original sketch included but that's only because the changes came about organically during the repaint as she would make suggestions based on her expertise and I'd run ideas for small tweaks past her as she was working. In the end it turned out far more amazing than I could have imagined originally. The repaint did take a while but in the grand scheme of tail waiting time I had already put in, it wasn't that long. She also more than made up for the paint snafu and wait time with some incredible gifts in the box w my tail. She will absolutely make it right if you communicate with her kindly; she genuinely wants your tail to be perfect and for you to be thrilled with it.

polyhymnia113
10-08-2015, 12:29 PM
In the end I was actually almost kind of happy it worked out the way it did as it allowed me to get to know Raven a teensy bit better and observe via writing what a truly sweet, funny, witty gal she is. That was a rare treat and it felt good to know first hand what a cool and wonderful lady she is.